/ng/ Nioh General

Lighting swords edition

information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/mobilebasic#
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Devereux,_2nd_Earl_of_Essex
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no giant toad for a dad

They did a good job with the animations in this game, you can really feel his surprise here.

>Beat Giant Frog
>How to stare at his ass to get out of the mission

>fight magoichi
>crash

>Fight Magoichi
>the slightest disturbance to his physical being
>falls out of the air for a final blow
What a joke boss

>unironically linking fextra life
is there seriously not a better wiki?

nope.

Everything went better than expected

1 thread at a time please.

have another one just for that my friend

>just started new game+
>decides to do the DLC first
>fight some random revenant
>he has all divine gear
>kill him
>he drops his whole armor set (Justice Ministry)
Well gee, thanks random revenant guy. So does that mean I don't have to farm for any armor until the next difficulty tier now?

Divine gets bonus + levels, revenant gear always drops at +0. So no.

How far am I if I'm at the centipede poison fight thing in the brap caves? Also what triggers the centipede leaving to restock itself? I'm not really getting the intended strategy to this fight. I'm not sure how to handle it after I cut the tail off.

It's a weird fight. After you knock the tail off the only option I could figure out was to wait for him to rear up for an attack and take a few shots at him when you can.

just block him, he rears up then. then i always go up and smack him, when he tries to hit me, dodge away, rinse, and repeat

I keep luring him up to that looping platform and as he runs circles just smack him in the butt which kinda works. I just keep dying because I'm shit.

>that look on kelly's face when ieyasu says he doesn't give a fuck about bitchtits

That scene was pretty good.

Update the smithing text link in the OP with these link please :
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/mobilebasic#

including the dlc that comes with the pc edition? About 25%.

That's not counting the 4 extra difficulty levels you haven't unlocked yet, or the abyss.

I got him stuck at the ladder and threw rocks at him

Is the DLC good/worth it? I'm on PS4 actually.

Newb here. How do I see all these people in medium armor running around with Agility A?

Is onmyo/2kat viable from the very beginning? I really wanna try leveling with onmyo elementals and dual swords

is this as good as it looks?

What's the difference between having 250 toughness vs 400? 200 seems to be the breakpoint for having poise on most attacks.

It's on the Monk's hat right? It's okay for now. Toughness also effects ki reduction on block, 1kat and Odachi get a unique roll for ki reduction on block as a skill that's better than the other weapons, so massive Toughness and that means you can soak everything. But you'll be hard pushed to find a decent set for it later.

>want to rp as Oda
>clan bonuses and 1kat are shit
Living is pain

>1kat is shit
git gud, flowing shadow is ridiculous

is red meme set worth it on way of demon+ or should I just go with Todo/Tatenashi?

4pc Tate and yasa is comfy, make sure you inherit firearms res onto waist, arms and legs and roll it onto head and chest for ~85% resistance to pretty much everything not melee right off the bat.

does heavy armour have innately higher block ki reduction or is it purely based on toughness?

I just finished Way of the Samurai playing pretty much purely 1kat with some debuff Onmyo, what's a fun meme build to try next? I tried out 2kat, Odachi, Kusarigama and Axes but they seemed kind of shallow and using an Odachi just made the game really easy.

Do unarmed builds actually work?

Toughness only, but heavy armor always comes with more toughness.

So how do you get those bonus + levels then?

Non revenant drops and mission rewards give items like so:

>Level 150 (+2)

You can then soul match that item as a material on to your preferred weapon to make your weapon a level 150 (+2). However, to level yours up even further, it needs to be 150 (+2) or above. So a 150 (+1) soul matched on to your weapon would leave it at +2. It needs to be of equal or higher number.

Soul matching with gear that does have + values. Soul matching always adds 1, even if your material is higher. 1+1=2, 1+2=2, 1+3=2 etc. Later you can get a weapon/armor skill that inherits the + value completely on soul match, so you can forge new gear and get it straight up to speed.

this is super handy, thanks for posting it m8

>nope
Then get rid of it. Stop posting this irrelevant shit in the OP, at least until someone actually updates or makes a better one. If someone actually needs to use that outdated crap they can just look it up with a search engine.

This helme looks like toilet paper roll over your face.

Does rolling put out the fire status effect?

>mfw I realize that I've been disassembling +1 gear at the forge
>All that potential fodder for upgrading my gear

Thank god I caught myself before I finished the first region, but still

Isn't worth it. The more you soul match the more the cost.

yes.

it's not worth bothering with all the +1s, things start dropping with higher +s in later regions

>Doing the Bridge of bone
>Keep falling off the holes in the bridge

lmao sorry your almighty fagness I'll get on that right away not

quick /ng/ what's your favorite armor for aesthetics only?

Can't wait to fight that *blocks your path* axe guy on Way of the Strong

*blocks your path*

He turns up on Way of the Wise with a Red Tengu and spawns in floating element heads

Youngblood. Just like Souls games, cover art sets look the best.

>start game up on pc for first time
>get to tower of london level
>anytime I need to go outside in the rain I get absurd frame drops to 10-20 fps
>finally beat level
>fps totally smooth from here on out
>get to 3rd mission
>OH GOD ITS A RAIN LEVEL
>fps is completely smooth

what the FUCK is going on in that london level?

I think its the fog desu. Its pretty bad when you're inside as well

It's fucking ridiculous, I thought I was going to have to drop the game when I got to the 3rd mission and saw the load screen - hopefully there isn't any other area in the game as poorly optimized as tower of london

Speaking of London, I always derp really hard when I first start a game.
>ok jail cell, guard patrolling outside
>punch the door, nothing happens
>oh hey broken wall
>exit, go straight to punching the sword wielding guard
>die a few times before I get used to the controls and punch him to death
>realise there's free gear the in other room

There's one much worse believe it or not. It's much later though and thankfully is doesn't effect the boss rooms.

Why is /ng/ such a paradise of harmony and friendliness compared to nioh threads on /v/? It's so nice here.

>die
>quick change scroll
>see if you can plunge attack when dropping
>you can
>die again

Worth it though desu

It's dead. Also /v/ is just /v/, what else are you expecting there besides shit?

/ng/ is full of ps4 players who still play the game giving helpful advice. /v/ is full of ps4 owners who dropped the game before dlc even hit and falseflag as pc players.

>it's dead
m8 I don't think you know what dead is
I think everyone is just busy playing the game

Does /ng/ have a secret world? Anyone want to try Evil in the Ether?

Because just like the steam forums, its full of people bitching about a game they havent played.

I wish nioh had crossplay, I want to play with pcfriends

I'm approaching the end of the game, to prepare for NG+, should I just drop all my armor for an A rating? I'm thinking if everything kills you in 1-2 shots I may as well learn practicing dodging instead of relying on blocks.

Would anyone watch me play for a bit? Gonna get some things done around the house and maybe stream for a bit. Kinda bored with tonfa+WotN so I wanna use an axe and get every trophy on WotD.

Posting best spirit

Remembwr when you had brief talk with a man in sealed cell on Tower of London level?

That's the 2nd Earl of Essex, Robert Devereux

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Devereux,_2nd_Earl_of_Essex

why dont bosses you defeat kill you while you are absorbing their guardian and hallucinating

because that isn't honorubu you gaijin scum

HONORABURU SAMURAI BUSHIDO

You need toughness for blocking, and if you get Tatenshi you can tank anyway.

Becauae it's pretty useless, William will just revived himself from the nearest Shrine and proceed to maul his opponent into submission again.

But he's still there when you go back at the end of the game, which happens 2 years after Devereux was executed.

How does the DLC work? Is Tohoku region DLC 1, Siege winter is DLC 2 and Siege summer is DLC 3?

Current level 30+
I'm still using the level 17 ikkoku nagayoshi spear. Haven't gotten a better one from any quest or drop yet. And it seems like all the revenants at that level are using a fucking odachi or raikiri.

>join a random encounter on spider lady stage
>guy already has Saoirse
>get to boss room and he picks up his other guardian spirit where he died

wtf is going on

It's Sir Walter Raleigh. He was imprisoned in the Tower in the same year William returns, and he talks extremely lovingly of the queen as if there was some personal relationship there. Raleigh was a favourite of Queen Elizabeth's.

remember that the attack rating scales with familiarity, if a new weapon is just a little worse it'll be better once you max it.

multiply your level and your weapon's level by 10 and the statement about revenants remains true

yes

Are you using Seershuh? You share your spirit with the host if they don't have theirs.

Will it though? Because my spear has better bonus stats like skill damage and stuff, compared to the new spears. Got fed up and forged a purple spear, and yet ikkoku is better. Should I keep doing finders, keepers. Till I get smithing text for ikkoku and then forge a better one until I can get my hands on akaoni?

Either this or
Henry Wriothesley

Yeah I'm using her, think I realized that on my second coop game

But is odachi really that good? Or are people using it because it's a newer release and does more lw damage in the start? I heard there aren't any orange odachis

>get summoned
>host is sleeping
>run off and hide
>watch as he dies falling into water looking for me
Hahaha, never gets old.

i always try to push him into danger.

Light some yokai incense, blow the horo-gai shell and teach him a lesson about going AFK online.

>There are people in this thread right now who use a different spirit after rescuing Saoirse.
She speaks to you, protects you, is entirely devoted to you and saves your life time and again. Yet you shrined her to use a dog or a bear or some other duplicate of someone else's guardian spirit.
>B-but my bonuses
If you're actually good at this game you don't need their bonuses.

Dodge distance in mid stance is the same as low stance right? Its just Ki usage is higher.

But i like dogs

>Imagine being this autistic

>If you're actually good at this game you don't need their bonuses.
"I just got to way of the strong and I'm totally an expert on the game" starter pack.jpg

>Not using her exclusively for the amrita gain when farming marobashi

>putting your waifu in harms way

>Not resting Saoirse after being abused and had her power sucked out constantly by a british wizard snek.

Found the wife beater

>not using Janome-cho
>not living out Yukimura's last request of you from beyond the grave and honoring him by using Enku as well
Reminder that moth girl is the cutest.

No just keep playing the game, eventually something will drop.

Conch, you MUST toot it.

thanks for sharing some of that autism, maybe it'll help me getting back to this game

>mfw I don't reach the guy who blows the hora-gai shell in time
>Yoshitsugu's face when Kobayakawa betrays him
>My host's face when I use yokai incense on Azuchi Castle

Following up on this, I have the smithing text to raging bull, but I can't forge ikkoku, what's up with that?

hot diggity