Classic WoW General /cwg/

/cwg/ - Classic WoW General
previous thread: tags: /wpsg/ vanilla world of warcraft

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14392132
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Naxxramas_(original)
youtube.com/watch?v=jtDB2f0AJus&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that private servers are nerfed to shit.

2 Types of Servers
Pure Vanilla
Vanilla Remastered

Everyone wins.

frostbolt not even viable pve after 1.6.0

Let's fix Vanilla.
>Class Balancing
>Raid/Dungeon re-tuning to bring it on par with the new class balance and more mechanics then 'don't stand in fire'.
>Heroic Dungeons or Keystone style dungeons
>Heroic raids that award slightly better gear and are much more challenging (think Mythic)
>Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds
>Retune gear to the stepping stones of dungeon -> heroic/keystone dungeon = normal raid -> heroic raid

Instead of playing the same boring shit that people have theorycrafted for years let's revamp it and make it more enjoyable. Instead of having two button rotations and hardly any bosses with more than one 'mechanic' we can get a challenging and rewarding game that gives gear based on skill rather than time investment. The only people who want 'pure Vanilla' are those who want to be handed the best gear by afking in 40 man raids and battlegrounds.

are there people who honestly think private servers are an accurate version of how classic was?

2 Types of Servers
BFA
Vanilla Remastered

Everyone wins.

>more mechanics then 'don't stand in fire'.

There were plenty of mechanics that weren't this.

Yea, shitloads of people.

uhhh guys how long is this going to take to be released? Are we looking at 2 years of wait time??

Yes. Just wait. You'll see retards saying all sorts of shit.

literally makes no difference in 2017.

All the innacuracies add up

name me one thing that's different on Nost core servers like Elysium/LH from how Vanilla was, besides the community. I'll wait. . .

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play vanilla World of Warcraft. The raid content is extremely challenging, and without a solid grasp of advanced gameplay mechanics most of the strategies will go over a typical raider’s head. There’s also Hogger's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance.The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these encounters, to realise that they’re not just difficult- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike vanilla World of Warcraft truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in the kobold's existential catchphrase “You no take candle,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jeffrey Kaplan's genius wit unfolds itself on their computer monitors. What fools.. how I pity them.

>ame me one thing that's different on Nost core servers like Elysium/LH from how Vanilla was, besides the community. I'll wait. . .

The player population.

only retards want 1.12 right off the bat
>b-but muh OP rogues
who gives a shit?suck it up, your turn will come with later patches
>b-but no bgs
yet most of you nerds cry about arena killing wpvp but ignore the effect of bgs on wpvp for some convenient reason
>b-but shitty talent trees
implying a large number of 1.12 talent trees aren't garbage
>b-but muh gamebreaking bugs
implying 1.12 was a 100% bug free experiece, besides they can easily be fixed

Naxx was easy it's just a gear check, the fact that so many guilds one shot it on day one proves it had absolutely no challenging mechanics unlike any of the raids we have today.

Fuck you and your multiple difficulties bullshit retail cancer

>name me one thing that's different on Nost core servers like Elysium/LH from how Vanilla was, besides the community. I'll wait. . .

Melee, pathfinding, LoS, server population, damage numbers..

>warlocks has a 50% damage reduction ability lasting 30 seconds before revamp
yea nah, you're dumb as fuck.

Someone post that "i've been collecting suggestions on reddit..." pasta.

>muh vanilla was only good and pure during 1.12
t.literal retard

>bgs killing world PvP

Vanilla battlegrounds and ranking system is the absolute peak of player skill and fun in WoW PvP.

Yeah but that's irrelevant to them being a nail in the wpvp coffin

REMOVE BATTLEMASTERS!!!!

>waaahhhhhhhh little babby can only stomach the fisher price version of raids waaaahhh i want the best gear for simply logging on not because of skill waaaaahhhhhhh

cringe

MC is the best 40 man raid of all time.

>Vanilla raids
>skill

How about only having one hard difficulty instead of multiple ones you stupid faggot? Who the hell finds killing the same bosses on different difficulties exciting?

Alex > Swifty

Well both are chad enough to roll on pvp server.
Literally every other streamer is going pve. LOL

It's a tough one

Don't you mean 10 person and 30 vegetable raid

Will Alex play on PvP classic server?

Yeah, he's learn lots of secret strats and ways to avoid getting sniped. He's basically a pvp god now.

why can't we make the raids 25 man or 15 man? I don't want to carry and gear a bunch of shitters through raids.

Alex has mentioned going PvE instead a few times. I hope he goes PvP because he will rage endlessly about getting ganked. He won't be able to farm and will be trapped inside major cities. On a fresh server there won't be people handing him out thousands of gold.

40 man raids were never good face it

So not only were they bad, but they also had worse specs?

Shucks

play retail legionbabby.

>hybrid tax
>'honor' system
>some races have racials so ridiculously overpowered that people are forced to roll them (dwarf priest, human rogue, etc.)
>entire races have next to worthless racials (nelf, troll)
>druid class isn't even finished (not cat quest, travel form is a placeholder model)
>most of the signature BOE epics are shit on account of having fast attack speed and blizzard not understanding their own game mechanics
>only a couple of classes of certain specs can get legendary weapons
>druid, shaman, and paladin BiS is cloth
>warrior, and hunter BiS is leather
>theramore unfinished so alliance don't have a base in kalimdor near anything
>rogue/warlock stunlocks so OP they gave everyone free trinkets to try to fix it, but all the trinkets do is let rogues/warlocks counter the seven other classes' escape spells
>gear is so important to raid progression that gear can't be rolled on, rather elaborate loot systems like DKP or loot council have to be put in place
>raiding requires hours of farming for consumables
>only one profession can gather the mats for consumables
>one profession is required for any pvping for every class
>other mats for consumables drop from low-spawn mobs in low-level zones making leveling a nightmare as 60s camp the spawns
>sylvanas still has a placeholder night elf model
>only one tank class so takes hours to form a group
>"item reserved"
>many long useless reputation grinds required to progress
>pugable raids require attunements
>only a couple of classes get epic quest lines
>botting/hacking endemic due to poor game code
>the better the gear the more ridiculous it looks
>because everyone in gear looks like a clown blizzard decided to have the best items be set items, so everyone ends up looking exactly the same
>mocking blow, firestone, find treasure, totem of uselessness, etc
>hunters are so shit blizzard has to give them a pity spell (tranq shot) to keep them invited to raids
>most of the game is waiting or walking

great game, fags

No more arguing
3 types of servers (BFA, Vanilla, Vanilla remastered
Everyone wins

>195504592
stfu panda weeb

The original Naxxramas faggotry came out June 2006.

The revisited Naxxramas faggotry came out November 2008.

2 years of difference.

Let me explain to you, moron, why the first one was accessed by so few and why the latter was an entry dungeon.

2006 Naxxramas was the grande finale, gated behind attunements and an absolute literal gear-check. Not skill and player ability, but a gear check, if you had below certain amount of health, some abilities one or two-shot you. No matter how good you are, you just die if you didnt have the minimum required health or resistance, attained by gear.

The 2008 Naxxramas, was a compromise, no attunements, no gear-checks (not even patchwerk). It was to be the first raid of what became the start of the streamlining and enabling of the game. It was made to just exist, so that the shit-load of people that couldn't bother spending endless amounts of time to get attuned for every previous raid in the original game, so that they can spend endless amounts of time to get the gear needed, so that they can survive the gear-check that 2006 Naxxramas was, could walk around and half-ass "experience" what they couldnt bother with 2 years ago.

If people want to answer the question honestly, whether WOTLK's Icecrown Citadel, which is the equivalent to the original game's 2006 Naxxramas was easier, we'd understand that the game actually became harder in 2 years alone, not to mention how many years have gone since.

b-but it will be the most popular game of all time!!!!!!! every single player that ever played it will come back play through all of the expansions again!!!!!! it will bring in the new generation of gamers who certainly arent add riddled players who prefer 20 minute rng matches to 200 hour grinds just to get to level cap!!!!!! there are like 10k concurrent users on the most popular vanilla private server!!!! they will all come and play because none of them simply play there because its free!!!!!!!

Naxx is easy, it's just a gear check.

samefag...

maybe that will give more people a reason to roll warlock so it's not world of roguecraft like nost was

>wotf
dumb vanilla babby

You know it's possible for something to require gear AND skill, yeah?

>2006 Naxxramas was the grande finale, gated behind attunements
>could go straight from bwl because naxx attune was a couple of gold coins
>naxx totally killed aq40
yea

>sap for 40 seconds
>kill pet
>stunlock warlock
you wont have death coil btw, that was introduced later.

Sure.

Name 1.

World first guilds were clearing Kara and SCC in Tier3
Chinese Illidan first had T3

Dumb retard

Can't wait for official classic with proper patch talent trees and proper MC.

No more faggots clearing it in greens without any fire resist.

Private server shitters will get absolutely BTFO when they realize the real MC was nothing like their stock mangos trash

But thats not a good way to make money.

Well it actually might be, well only know if we knew if player retention is better than baiting people into buying the new expac.

They only kept t3 because it looked better than the equally good blues/greens

Its weird how the the conversation was,

>LOL NOSTALGIA FAGS YOU ARE NEVER GETTING CLASSIC WOW LMAO!

and now its

>OK GUYS HOW DO WE MAKE CLASSIC WOW LIKE RETAIL!?

strawpoll.me/14392132

How do you make money with this method though? Big expansions generate way more hype and therefore $

I'd be happy to pay a premium on the subscription fee

throw in some of those cosmetics and microtransactions that are all the rage, at least they don't fundamentally fuck the game design the way expansions do

1 what, you moron? A lot of planning and strategy went into every single boss in Naxx 40. Do you think Raid Leaders just pulled up people's stats and circled their numbers in paint when they were drafting strategies?

It's more like, SHOULD THE CLASSIC GAME'S PVE BE MADE MORE DIFFICULT AND SKILL DEMANDING, RATHER THAN JUST HEALTH AND HIT CHANCE DEMANDING.

As in, better player reaction in critical situations and the need for decision making.

>X wasn't hard at all!!
>you see, I am so good, that I call hard things easy haha
>thats just how fucking good I am :D

>at least they don't fundamentally fuck the game design the way expansions do

Nah, that'd be retards like you

People will still clear that shithole in greens. Maybe not as many but it will happen. Its been a decade of Itemization and encounter mechanic cheat sheets after all.

You lost me there, have you seen the state of Runescape 3? The amount of cosmetic mtx there has completely destroyed any art direction that game had and all the e-daters have like 3 different particle effects at a time.

>why don't we make the old content relevant without actually having to play it

if you wanted to do all of Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata/Mop/WoD/Legion "content" it would take you 30 days /played just to hit max level.

t. nostbabby

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

When will the "nost core is blizzlike" meme end?

Its one of the few things where you can just be outright called retarded or a private server player for. There isn't any outskilling of AoE you can't mathmatically beat without the right resist gear.

Yes, exactly, 1 person did all the thinking and strategy, which was all that was needed. The rest of the group usually are about 30 drones that DONT need to critically think and make decisions on the spot, because they DONT have to.

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Naxxramas_(original)

The original Naxxramas with the abilities of the original bosses, check this pathetic shit out.

so what? MC is easy it's just a gear check.

>People will clear it in greens
>MC is a gear check

:hmm:

a gear check of green fire res gear

Only for the tanks and only on Ragnaros and maybe Magmadar.

stop meming

that's the world of warcraft that you play

youtube.com/watch?v=jtDB2f0AJus&

when was shared quest items added? I just started playing on lights hope and realized that people dont group up for any quests that require you to loot shit because its strictly worse than just doing them alone and that makes me sad

Typical Paladin raiding experience:
>1. Cast blessing on raid member #1.
>2. Cast blessing on raid member #2.
>3. Cast blessing on raid member #3.
>37. Cast blessing on raid member #37.
>38. Cast blessing on raid member #38.
>39. Cast blessing on raid member #39.
>40. Cast blessing on raid member #1, its running out by now.
>41. Cast blessing on raid member #2, its running out by now.

Give it to me straight, how easy was it to destroy people in PvP as 2h enhancement?

Before or after the affordable 2h weapons patch?

>haha windfury proc'd a billion times, you're deleted

fraps that epic crit and then spend 30 minutes getting raped while swinging hoping for wf

Rogues, Warriors, Paladins - you pray for your windfury to procc

Priests, Mages, Warlocks, Hunters, you try to frost shock them and get to them and then you pray for your windfury to procc, can interrupt their heals too.

WOTLK Naxx is actually easier because the encounters were barely, if at all, uffed for new talents and higher player stats. T7 as a whole was a fucking joke.

Key raid members obviously need it yeah, so what. You think the entire raid needs to be outfitted in 200+ FR? There aren't many people that are going to be running into MC thinking full magister is a good choice when better alternatives exist. You cannot do a world wide brain wipe of previous WoW revisions, the glory seekers will still race to Rag needing only what is mathematically required to beat the content.

You're so wrong it hurts

25 man naxx is one of the worst raids of all time.

Thunderfury was BiS tank weapon well into TBC until its proc was nerfed

>purist pserver autists think Vanilla raids were hard

gamers are just much better at wow these days, and nobody is playing on toasters with 10 fps anymore.

>tfw you will never live in Swiftys gamer house and grind to r14 alongside him
why even live