/fg/ - Falcom General #124

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

> PS4 ports for CS1 and CS2 incoming

> Zwei II out on PC store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Fuck Cold Steel!

I can't wait for them to duke it out.

And both would die.

It's gonna be alright.

>ash
Not that the rest won't come back somehow but still.

Why is Rufus such an over achiever?

>falcom is shit about graphi-

I wonder how those faggot who said this think now

People still bitch about graphics when they see pictures of CS3. It's really fucking pathetic. These people won't be happy until everything looks disgusting like the witcher 3.

It was a great idea, except that curse means Erebonia would never be reformed without bloodshed, and Olivert for some reason was never told about the curse.

Olivert's problem was all this shit he couldn't possibly have known like the gnomes still being around and allied with Osborne, or the country being cursed so that perfectly rational and no violent people will be compelled to kill their own countrymen magically.

If it was any other country it could have worked, and even if Olivert tried to kill Osborne outright it still wouldn't have worked because the guy is immortal and has impossibly broken connections.

No Osborne is just too unfair. Nobody else ever had a chance, and however they beat him will still seem like an asspull after how mighty they made him.

Triple A titles and the people who eat them up rely on realistic textures. I'd rather have what CS3 is offering than those fucking creepy ass Xenoblade Chronicles X or Star Ocean 5 graphics with the realistic textures. Who unironically eats that shit up even?

In terms of story, characters AND graphics Witcher 3 is better than anything that falcom has shat out 2bh

It''s an improvement, but nothing impressive.

>These people won't be happy until everything looks disgusting like the witcher 3.
Dear god, no. I still want the games to look like anime, but Falcom is lightyears behind of current anime shader technology. As it is, their current models look no different than those of the recently released .hack GU games, which are PS2 remasters. Not to mention, even though they've improved their models, the animations are still garbage.

People who pretend to like japanese games while not liking japanese games

There's so much tension in CS4, everyone wants a duel.

I fully expect the final dungeon of CS4 to force you to use every character all at once like 3rd, with the final boss at the end being extremely relevant to the party leader. They have to throw Jusis a bone eventually, a man can only suffer through so much.

pure delusion dude. Did you even play TW3? the gameplay is fucking awful, some of the worst RPG gameplay I've ever seen. Characters are shit. Story is shit. You're dumb.

Who in both OG and Nu Class VII has a bone to pick with who? Only ones I could think of on the top of my head are Rean VS. Osborne, Alisa VS. Black Alberich, Kurt VS. Cedric, Jusis VS. Rufus being an obvious one, Emma VS. Vita if they plan on settling the score, Fie VS. Shirley and Sara VS. Rutger being the more obvious ones.

One thing for sure is we're going to get Divine Knight bosses in IV with Demon Valimar as some new kind of gameplay mechanic like how I teased the Divine Knight / Soldat system. I wanna see OG Class VII pilot Soldats too.

I could see Ash vs Lechter and Claire vs Altina in some sort of reluctant boss fight variations.

Note how I didn't mention gameplay, you illiterate fag. Falcom can make games with fun gameplay like the older ys games, but their writing is repetitive schlock through and through. At least in Witcher 3 everyone isn't constantly holding back and characters have more depth than just barebones anime tropes

Don't forget Gaius VS McBurn and Laura VS Ariarnhod

Maybe Machias' dad will be an anguis so he can finally be relevant.

The graphics aren't great, either. In fact, I would argue that TW3 graphics are a cancer on gaming in general. People think these ugly-ass manface women and carbon-copy grizzled 40-year-old-men who haven't shaved in decades make for good graphics for some reason. No fucking thank you. I'll take Cold Steel 3 graphics over some shit like TW3 any day of the week.

My bets are on Juna's dad. She alludes to him still being around and we know what he looks like from her family photo but he never showed up in person. He's probably Thousand Sinner / Destroyer. The twist with Alisa's dad made me realize Falcom doesn't give any fucks at this point.

Good thing that devs don't give a fuck what autistic weebs think. Witcher 3 didn't win countless awards for nothing, it will obviously have a long lasting impact on the RPG genre and the industry in general for a while and and I for one am glad for it. Falcom could learn a thing or two from cdpr, too bad they'll just keep putting out low effort trash to keep milking the dummies who will fall for it every time

How could you no trust this middle aged guy with glasses whose kids don't even inherit his hair color? He's completely trustable.

Sameface has really gotten out of control.

Mishy is clearly the dad

>current models look no different than those of the recently released .hack GU games
Really?

Why the fuck are you even here? Go back to /v/ to worship your manface women and manly man faggotry

damn, GU looks better than Sen 3

I like ys as I said, doesn't mean I'll have to praise falcom for the trails trash

>loves disgusting westashit
>hates trails
yep... faggotry and cancer indeed.

play dawn of ys

* Altina is the most popular character based on DLC sales.
* Teases the Blaze's Holy Beast's whereabouts.
* Great Twilight spreads "principe of conflict", possibly beyond imperial borders.
* It's phrased a bit vaguely, but he suggests Awakeners do not die.

Some other things

Apparently Kondo wishes to keep future arcs to two games at max, and that the ending of 3 was that because they had no idea where to properly end it after noticing they couldn't put everything in 1 game, so it ends up being abrupt due to that too.
Ash might be the Golden Awakener. It's also supported during 3 with hints here and there.
Awakeners are hinted at being unable to die.

As ridiculous as it sounds now, things like we met once in our childhood lol isn't as contrived now that we know that Franz was working with Osborne.

"Kondo hopes we enjoy putting together the hints on the 7th Awakener's identity, and shouldn't let our thoughts be influenced by hair colours. "

>Ash might be the Golden Awakener. It's also supported during 3 with hints here and there
this makes no fucking sense. There were no hints whatsoever.

Honestly, they made Osborne so powerful that Ouroboros ended up looking like chumps by comparison. And they're supposed to be the overarching villains.

To be fair, we still haven't got full explanation about his eyes curse. That might be it.

I remember some fags guess awakener of golden divine knight will be olivier,jusis or rufus cuz blondies

I just want best boy to have a cool robot.

Should have made it clear that the "hints" are just personal stuff that i found weird, like him being really good of a pilot in soldats from the get go. But even then it's pure conjecture so i ignore the second point.

Pretty sure they explain it at the end of chapter 4. The eye stuff is the curse planting a "seed" in Ash's eye, that pushes them extra harder into doing something that be outrageous to the person in question, and also partially grooms them into a mindset. In Ash's case, it kept whispering him to kill the one responsible for Hamel.

It shouldn't be anyone who ever rode a regular soldat before. If it was, then why the fuck? It's stupid.

So Awakeners have plot armor now? And even if you shred Rean to bits and pieces, he still won't die? How do you kill a man who cannot be killed?

>Implying it isn't going to be Estelle&Joshua duo awakener so that Renne gets a nu-patermater.

Knowing Kondom is an expert of misdirections this pretty much confirms the awakener has blond hair

>guess
I think Jusis was just wishful thinking cause he deserves something big and rufus was because he seemed like he knew where gold is.

So it's definitely Olivier, then, this will be falcom's "get out of jail free" card to avoid killing him off

Maybe we're gonna have to spend an entire game again to do the trials so that Ash will become an Awakener.

As long as it's with the Nu-Class VII instead of Rean, I'm game. They're comfy together and I want more hijinks with them.

What if it's the Empress? Wasn't there also some speculation that she was an anguis as well or something?

We don't know how far an Awakener can get fucked, or their robot in order for them to not die, but basically it means that so long as they can recover from what afflicted them, they should revive, like Crow getting shot in the heart, and Osborne.

Again it's only hinted at, so it may not be truly the case or that simple. For one we also have to understand when a person stops aging like Arianrhod. My guess is that, the person is walking around, but they're technically "dead" so they stop aging, so it only happens to those who got a fatal wound, but were Awakeners when it happened, hence why Rean is still growing, since his heart getting pierced by the stake was prior to being an Awakener. Not sure about Osborne though, i guess he still looks the same as the time he dropped Rean off in his new home.

>le edgy Super Mario in Poland
>better than anything in terms of story and characters

Enforcer, afaik, based on one having the title "Golden Butterfly". It was notable because the missing Divine Knight is associated with the colour Gold

Guess who else seemingly stopped aging?
Campanella

What the fuck !? Are they all dead ? Please not Millium

Someone need to explain me what happened to everyone

Yeah and Towa is a homonculus which is why she doesn't grow anymore either. She's also the grandmaster's pupper and the grandmaster will take over her body

user...

Just look at the speculation going on here and realize how dumb it all sounds. Not the opinions themselves but that the story has stooped to this level of stupid

"My blade will cleave light and darken the way"

>start SC on Hard
>die on first jaeger fight

WOW

I think he's a different case altogether.

>Someone need to explain me what happened to everyone
Bard Prince, Count Swordsman and Arts-man (Not pictured) killed by Fat Gnome after he makes the courageous go boom

Lesbian got shot by Fat Gnome

Rabbit got sliced from the waist to the shoulder in a very graphical and bloody manner I shit you not, by the divine beast of earth

Punk is not dead, but he's in a comma after killing the Emperor

DELET THIS

>Faggots think Cucksis will be an awakener
>Aurelia (also spelled Aurélia or Aurelija) is a feminine given name from the Latin family name Aurelius, which was derived from aureus meaning "golden"

A necessary sacrifice to unlock the true darkness within Rean

Is that your "objective fact"?

The Jaeger fights are actually pretty hard actually. The first two are way easier compared to the levels of bullshit that is the 3rd one though.

>implying a story that allows you make theories is bad
>implying whatever bullshit dumb EOPs who haven't even played the game are talking about matters and somehow influences the game itself

fucking ninjas reeeeeee

*teleport behind you*
*charge*
*kills you on 2 hits*

EOP here, I DID play the game. You don't need to know Japanese to understand Japanese games anymore, grandpa.

I think most people assume they're being way on the nose about Aurelia's golden motif that they think she's not the one.

It's just an example of what a convoluted trite nonsense trails is

>Wah wah muh 10million word games padded with irrelevant bullshit are masterpieces and no one is allowed to criticize them ever wahhhhh!

Not an argument. Actually explain why it's bad instead of pretending your word is law.

I want to facefuck Renne so badly

Your kind needs to be purged.

>a story is only good if I can understand it without paying any attention to it
And no, there are things to criticize about the series. The problem here is that you're not criticizing the series, you are only sperging about the meme of the month Witcher 3 was. Consider killing yourself.

tl;dr Osborne's master plan just needed a few sacrifices. But everything will be fine (laughs)

I'm not going anywhere, friendo. And, when Cold Steel 4 comes out in Japanese, I will be buying that shit right away and playing it as well. Then I will get to enjoy both of them all over again once the english releases come out.

Stay mad.

Huh, they really were gonna end everything in CS3 except the game ended up being too big that they had to split it into two.

Hopefully he can manage better in the future and keep it to two games like he plans to for future arcs.

>Osborne's master plan just needed a few sacrifices. But everything will be fine

Hmmm...

I want to fuck Sara so bad

>ended up
Either they're really short-sighted or they're just jews. They should have realized this arc wouldn't work from the very beginning when they churned out cs1 to tide people over cause they'd been waiting long enough. But that meant they spent two games for the prologue so they couldn't keep using just the same cast and places again. But new characters and places also need introductions. Add all the sidefluff and of course you won't have time to end things the way you wanted.

That yellow shirt and vest thing makes no sense.

>Either they're really short-sighted or they're just jews.

This is Falcom, not Bandai Namco

That bland waifu you posted is part of the problem. Harems, holding back, dragging out the main plot forever in favor of irrelevant filler crap, dumb plot twists that come out of nowhere just for the sake of it, death having no meaning, muh redemption arcs for everyone but especially cute grills, adding more retarded elements to excuse character motivations and plot happenings with supernatural shit

You're sounding really triggered, maybe try distancing yourself from video games to figure out why you get so defensive of a piece of entertainment

What's her size? Thats big

It's not like there can only be one jew. Falcom's still a relatively small company and this arc's been too ambitious You can see them still cutting corners literally every time they can too.

A lot of outfits in this game make no sense beyond make the females look extra hot. I've given up on having consistency in the designs since the Sen series started.

The "Irrelevant filler" is just minor SOL that doesn't even get in the way of properly explaining the plot, it's like 3 minutes of it, compared to 70 hours of plot.

The "dump plot twists" is not even true, since most of the stuff actually gets proper foreshadowing, hell, i figured out the identity of the masked person in the 3rd just by paying attention by chapter 2, and only the really surprise moment stuff gets it, like Kea resetting the timeline and saving the SSS, and the intro of Zero being that timeline, or Kevin being way more important than a simple "relic collector" at the end of SC.

The deaths are also part of the plot dumbfuck, they keep hinting at Awakeners being unable to die in the first place, and considering the situation with Arianrhod, they may die for real once they lose their DKs, Redemption does work for the most part, and some of them are indeed annoying, but usually they don't outright forgive someone, like let's say Ian, who had his reasons, but still didn't get off from it, Crow also ended up being right Osborne despite being a radical about it, while others had prope reasons, like let's say Joshua being brainwashed to do shit, Randy growing up in the Jaeger environment, around an especially heavy bunch of psychos, and despite that, willingly choosing to separate himself from that life style.

You're gonna have to be specific on elements, and supernatural stuff was around since FC, so sorry that your Witcher 3 doesn't have super magic, oh wait... it does doesn't it?

Which girl has higher score than Bestelle?

Hey, Laura's and Emma's looked conservative and somewhat makes sense at least. I just can't take Alisa's (one of the bosses of the largest company in the empire is dressed like that? You'd think they would have dress codes in their work place.), Millium's (Why are the sides open?), Sara's (I personally miss the coat cause I really grew attached to it), and Fie's (do I really need to explain this?) clothes seriously.

Klaudia!

That depends on his tastes, he did seem to like busty girls so big boobs probably gets extra points.

That filler bullshit combined with incompetent project management ended with them having to make two full games instead of one, as evidenced in this very thread. Death has no meaning whatsoever, the SSS got revived, the keksteel deaths got reversed, falcom will find any way to bring back characters because they're too scared of killing them off. They even found a way to sneak in loewe and weissmann after they died, but at least that got reversed. Ian surviving was absolute bullshit and again just illustrates that falcom has difficulties letting go, there's no reason why he couldn't have died right then and there. And there's a difference between establishing the rules of magic and supernatural elements within the setting or just randomly slapping new ones on whenever you need asspulls for the plot. Not that your fanboy mind could grasp the difference

>CS4
>protags are rean,esjosh,loyld,kevin

Based Jusis for golden awakener. Don't quote me on this.

>SSS
It's not revival if it never happened.