Heather edition!

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta: pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAY

/aco/ thread: #

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21521/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17898/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19293/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13220/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21498/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20717/?
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tragedy_Has_Befallen_All_Mankind
youtube.com/watch?v=JDqHoxVHW_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Internet reviewer/critic famous for his reviews of Final Fantasy and Ultima series.

Xrd for under tits

the best view

>autists expecting you to remember tiny details from years and years ago

get help.

What a little bitch.
Gonna cry someone was mean to you on the internet?

Oh, yes, then is the same one... I never got a linking for him, and I used to watch the Nostalgia Critic videos back in the 00's

>can't take a hit without getting crippled
>can't do shit during the day
>requires at least 70 perks to perform somewhat decently
>gets oneshot by most high level mobs
>can't have both max rad protection + DR/DT
>can't rocket jump
>walks crouched 90% of the time instead of just rampaging across the map like a rhino

Inb4 muh Lv.250 with nearly every perk unlocked and maxed stats because that's not even a build. If you have more than 60 perks spent you can pretty much delete your save and start over with an actual build.

hi I play fallout 2

I like his style.
Although he often completely missed the point or obssesed over some minor details.

help, /fog/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21521/? or nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17898/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19293/? or nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13220/?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21498/? or nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20717/?

Posted just before the thread died so I'll repost it once: a Sebastian Castellanos build, any tips ?

>STR3, PER4, END4, CHA3, INT3, AG7, LCK3
>gunslinger and lone wanderer as the main damage source
>sneak and ninja for stealth knife kills (no big league since it won't be used if a fight breaks out)
>bloody mess for the horror gore
>maybe chemist and chem resistant instead of alcohol, will need to remove points from somewhere else and move them to INT for that
>.44 pistol with the medium barrel as his old revolver
>combat knife with the stealth blade for the sneak kills
>crossbows of the commonwealth for the agony crossbow
>picture related for the clothes

Post a picture of a fallout character and say why you like them.

This is Piper. I like her because she's stalwart and dedicated to uncovering the truth of the world around her, rather than being ok with being blissfully ignorant. What you don't know can hurt you, and so she has a worthy cause. Even when the Mayor threatens to kill her, she stays true to her beliefs which I admire a lot.

Idk about the other 4, but you can use the first two mods fine, splinters only works on wooden doors but violence unlocks works on metal doors as well

Go to sleep

Please fuck off, I'm sick of you making the same inane, retarded, clingy posts that read like an autists biography on Reddit.

Let's be fair here. Those kind of faggots are the reason generals even exist. Just ignore them.

It's not even the best in NV either. It should just be a compliment to your other, stronger build like crits or melee.

Did anyone at Bethesda ever explained why there is only one notable city in FO4 (well, maybe the institute counts too) while Skyrim had 5?

Good Neighbour it is just a little bigger than Riverwood...

This is Arcade. I like him because unlike some gossip rag editorializer, he actively helps his community by contributing practical research to an outreach organization. The wasteland is hard on everyone, and every life he makes better brings us another step away from extinction. Even with with his suspicious origins he places the good of everyone above his own well being, and that alone gives me hope for mankind's future.

They realized they can still make millions with a half-assed title that costs them half the budget.

>starting to mod FO4
>decide not to do the DLCs because I'd rather not pay more for fucking DLC than the base game cost
>fuck paid mods too, I'll go to nexus
>mfw the mods I'm looking at all require these expensive DLCs

TODD! DAMN YOU TODD, LET ME OUT OF HERE! DON'T LEAVE ME HERE TODD!
TODD!
TOOOOOODDDDD!

Fallout 4 and it's DLCs are literally free.

Pirate them

why is there pictures of ice cream in my /fog/ folder

Piper left it there for you

Also, release the same game 4 times and sell it at "new AAA game" price.

What are you talking about?

I've been modding FO4 all night, and except for the Unofficial patch, most mods that I've chosen have no DLC options.

The few that I've seen that require DLC only require the Far Harbor one, as it is the only one thats worth something.

If you pirate them, yeah, which I don't do.

nth for the best girl.

How the hell do I edit a quest script in the CK? I can open it but when I try to save it I can only create a new txt file instead of overwriting the actual script. I know exactly what I want to do but I can't figure out how to make the CK actually fuckin do it

desu piracy is only dangerous if you have no idea what you're doing and there is nothing wrong with not padding a big company's moneythrone

Just started a sniper build and am feeling the low level pain. Level 11 with 1 STR and 2 END is cancer, though with a newly modded hunting rifle most things go down in a shot or two. I run for the hills when super mutants get involved though.

Is there actually no Immersive Camera type mod for Fo4? I absolutely adored that mod...

>with 1 STR and 2 END
You need 3str for Armorer and 1end would've been fine for generic stealth archer.

it exists but I'm not telling you the name

No it's doesn't exist and the simple camera mod doesn't count

It'll take more than that to coax it out of me

I was considering skipping ballistic weave as a bit of a challenge, but using a perk point on the STR wont kill me.

Is Mr. House the smartest man in the entire series?

>come home
>make some chilli cheese dogs
>fill my skull cup with ice cold cherry pepsi
>boot up NV
Time to show those tribals who's boss

He has his priorities straight.

like 80% of his character is that he thinks he's the best person ever, just read his self-written obituary after you beat him to death with a golf club

>"A Tragedy Has Befallen All Mankind"
>"Generally recognized by Mr. House to be mankind's only hope of long-term survival, Mr. House's passing may well sound a death knell for the entire human race."
>"Lost forever is his bounty of knowledge concerning human longevity, the depth and breadth of which could, as he was apt to say, "fill several text books". He was not exaggerating."

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/A_Tragedy_Has_Befallen_All_Mankind

you've fallen for the propaganda and drank the kool aide if you think he's the smartest just because he's prewar and and good at planning shit

get help le internet tough guy.

Having higher endurance for a stealth build is fine if you're roleplaying as a survivalist.

My current build is stealth and it was a major pita for me as well to get it going at the beginning, unlike power armor builds that you can roll through the Commonwealth with ease at Lv.15. Sneak/crit perks are also too expensive, which completely kills the balance between tank and stealth. The whole stat-perk system is just bad, they should have kept the old FO3/NV skill-perk system.

As a power armor scientist (full int and low str, low endurance and maximum charisma) character I had already reached full potential at Lv.30, could easily take down legendary deathclaws and deathskulls, rarely ever having to use stimpaks. As a ninja sniper character I'm at Lv.110 with 75 perks invested and it still feels garbage sometimes, specially when doing stuff during daytime.

>not vanilla, country vanilla, vanilla bean, double vanilla
the hell is wrong with you?

looks like lego world.

Doubtful.

He had vision and knew a lot about technology, statistics, and probability.

But then again, a former tribal jerk stole his most valuable possession and later a mere courier put an iron 9 in his head mere days if not hours after the let the first person enter his tower in 200 years.

>that unoptimized armor combination

I'm gunning for salt's headdress, not sure what to wear with it

>tfw you will never ever do a new vegas playthrough that doesn't go leather armor, black combat armor, joshua graham's armor to courier duster
also malcom's outfit to vera's dress for bartering

>Hauling a heavy rad protection suit 160 miles to the least radioactive place in America

You're going all out with the low intelligence playthrough aren't you?

having a big head doesn't mean he's not a genius
>invented his own class of robot that completely outshines all others except liberty
>invented his own novel way of self preservation without sacrificing his body
>invented a missile defense system that successfully defended his city despite the proximity to military bases
>plans out the entirety of the events leading up to the ending assuming the magic do-everything courier doesn't turn on him
>had the foresight to rescue and recruit said courier in the first place
I still only side with him half the time due to his relatively narrow scope of influence but taking his attitude personally is childish

I have 10 int

NTGB
>>invented his own novel way of self preservation without sacrificing his body
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>>invented a missile defense system that successfully defended his city despite the proximity to military bases
The city is in ruins like the rest of the wasteland. People just walk around the rubble.

It's fun to try new things

>sniper has to hide and gets bruised like a banana
>play character with Nuclear Physicist + Chemist + Big Leagues and chug drugs and maul people while in power armor

the difference between withered husk and brain in a jar are surprisingly significant in fallout's universe

and the difference between crumbled buildings and a hole in the ground even moreso

who's a cute girl? all tied up there like bitch nigga you are.

I kek'd

Then why the hell did you drag a space suit to Utah? It's outdoors, not outer space.

Because fuck you, thats why.

It's like the guy who claims to have an IQ of 187 but smokes Lucky Strike because he saw them in Mad Men and he is convinced that the reptilian Illuminati will declare the new world order in March.

is there a mod that would let me tie up raiders? or do i have to just wait for settlers to come in and put them in pliers?

shit forgot the image.

knockout framework

Too bad he is a faggot.

>tie raider girl to bed
>rape the shit out of her as she screams and begs you to stop
>ejaculate inside her
>force her to have your children again and again until she's a slave to your cock
>live a happy life together in tne wasteland

>the real reason why Cait puts up with Caitfag
exposed

THE DICK ONLY MAKES IT BET etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

How did piper know the mayor was a synth?
Did she read the script?

I'm going to hope for getting most of my build together around 30, but there are just so many ranks in some of these that I won't have everything until at least 50. It's a different experience from walking tank, which isn't entirely negative though.

How does Piper know I'm wearing a Pipboy and bearing a "fish out of water look" under three inches of steel encasing a power armor frame?

How does Piper know I'm searching for a lost child and forces me to mention Shaun even if I completely blew her off when we met and never once mentioned a missing person to the mayor?

>script
>bethesda

is there a mod that replaces the assault rifle with something less hideous

youtube.com/watch?v=JDqHoxVHW_s
>tfw can't kill everyone in the institute so it's just you and the skelebots

What does exactly the Institute want?

If they want to replace all humans with synths, why not start with the scientists themselves? Why keep recruiting people from above from time to time?

If they want synths to mingle and infiltrate the population, why they get angry when they do exactly that and start living their lives?

If they want to conquer the commonwealth, why they haven't done it already in the past 100 years?

If they only want obedient servants, why do they try to make the synths so human-like that they are practically indistinguishable from real humans?

If they want to wipe out "undesirables" a la Enclave, why create super mutants?

Bethesda created Synths at the cost of logic in an effort to reference Bladerunner. The fact of the matter is there is ZERO fucking reason for Synths to exist when Gen 2s exist, are undoubtedly cheaper to construct and don't go AWOL every third day of the week. Like seriously, what the hell could the scientists have meant by "more complicated tasks"? The Synths were built for MENIAL LABOR, they're bipedal horses. They carry heavy shit and do all the groundwork, you don't need a damn genius for this.

>Did anyone at Bethesda ever explained why there is only one notable city in FO4 (well, maybe the institute counts too) while Skyrim had 5?
Lets see. Fallout 4 is set after a nuclear war killed off 99% of the world's population, and there less then 200,000 people left alive in the entire post-war state of Massachusetts.

skyrim on the other hand takes place in a well populated province of an empire that has lasted for over 300 years with strong trade.

I WONDER WHY!

It's like in New Vegas, where the only city to have shit was Vegas itself, and all the smaller settlements like Goodsprings, Primm, Novac, were only Riverwood size

Everyone is dead you idiot

He didn't shit after eating all those noodles.

Did Father even have any plans or concerns involving the rouge Gen 1/2 just running around killing shit?

irc there's a terminal that tries to justify it by saying they kept walking into walls and mopping floors that were already clean
which uh
probably could have just worked on their programing there instead of creating a race of almost people or whatever
i remember someone compering it to having your lawnmover break down and deciding to clone goats instead of fixing it

>What does exactly the Institute want?
To be left alone.

>If they want to replace all humans with synths
They don't
>If they want synths to mingle and infiltrate the population
They don't outside of the like 4 ones they hand placed.
>If they want to conquer the commonwealth
Because they don't care about the surface.
>If they only want obedient servants, why do they try to make the synths so human-like that they are practically indistinguishable from real humans?
The point of making synths like humans was that humans had evolved to be the dominate force o nthe planet, so, in an attempt to create the perfect machine, they used the form that evolution had elevated to the highest anyways, and built on top of it with FEv enhancements.
>If they want to wipe out "undesirables" a la Enclave, why create super mutants?
They don't care about wiping out anyone

Play the fucking game you moron. All of these questions are answered by people inside The Institute.

Why is shaun such a shitty old bitch?

Those aren't rogue synths. They are programmed to go out and scrap places.

>To be left alone.
And that is why they released super mutants onto the COmmonwealth, kidnap people and replace them with synths etc..

Fucking Tute apologists i swear to god..

I would be ok if there was only one city, but if it looked like on concept arts and had tons of npcs to interact with. In-game DC was very dull and had almost no memorable npcs and only one decent quest.

why don't herd of radstags ever raid my corn fields?

You don't get the privilege of being left alone when you perform the wasteland equivalent of shitting on your neighbour's front lawn repeatedly.

>what the hell could the scientists have meant by "more complicated tasks"?

They were made for sex

Some of the scientists just treat them like sex dolls so most of the synths escape because they don't want to get raped anymore. The ones that stay either enjoy it or their owners treat them more nicely.

The reason why the Institute does what it does is because, over 100 years ago, when the Institute created its first synths, they tried to work with the people of the Commonwealth in forming the CPG. The CPG fell apart due to infighting among the various representatives, and when everyone started killing each other, The Institute got blamed.

Afterward, instead of dealing with people who obviously didn't want their help, they spent the next several decades underground, staying out of the affairs of the surface, in an attempt to get the surfacers to stop thinking they meant them any harm. Despite this, the people of the surface still blammed them for anything bad that went from in their lives, and Institute paranoia kept building. It reached a boiling point in 2229, when an early Gen 3 synth was accidentally sent on a surface crew detail, when it wasn't supposed to be, and wandered off, finding its way to Diamond City, where it killed people in what became known as the Broken Mask Incident.

Seeing that the surfacer's paranoia was just going to keep growing, up to the point the people of the surface might try to attack them, the Institute took measures to defend themselves.

The Institute doesn't care about taking over the surface, they don't care about killing all surfacers, they don't care about replacing all people with synths. All they care about is being left alone, but they will take action to defend themselves from what they see as a possible threat.

The Institute could very easily kill everyone in the Commonwealth if they desired, they don't want too, and never have.

Why do you keep saying this?

Not caring also means sending out Gen 2 patrols that reduce settlements to scrap and kill anybody who tries to stop them.

They're completely negligent.

>Not caring also means sending out Gen 2 patrols that reduce settlements to scrap and kill anybody who tries to stop them.
The only time they have ever done that is at University Point, and that wasn't even the objective, or the reason why they did it.

cause he's our resident retard

The entire issue with the Institute is that they're the Valve of RPG factions. They do not explain any of their motivations or mistakes, they just let paranoia fester and build as people continue to die from their experiments gone wrong.

What the fuck does "humanity redefined" mean anyway?

>They do not explain any of their motivations or mistakes
Except they do. Hell, Shaun point blank tells you why the bother with the surface at all after you return of getting the synth Gabirel back.

>you don't need a damn genius for this.
But you do need a being that won't:
Mop an already clean floor
Walk into walls
Clean a house that was bombed 200yrs ago
Demand all citizens return home for curfew despite the war having ended 200yrs ago

We are given constant examples ingame that pre-war bots weren't actually all that great without supervision. Heck, look at general atomics and its childcare troubleshooting section.

Redefining what it means to be human.

i fucking swear, if starfield will be using this shitty outdated engine, something bad will happen in Rockville MD.

I meant they don't explain their shit to the surface. The entire issue with the CPG is that the Institute hid after the incident instead of trying to help with the aftermath. You bet your fucking ass you're gonna luck guilty running away from a massacre and not returning.

Put two and two together, user.

>They're all nerds living in the bottom of a hole in the ground
>They have the technology to 3D print waifus
>They only send synths out to get radioactive chicken tendies to bring back to their literal basement lair, and other supplies
>Shaun has no grandchildren (He spent all his time fucking synths and not any of his colleagues)
>He has regrets later in life, a long life of synth sex and partying, so he unfreezes you and makes a synth child to give you
>They only want to be left alone (To keep on having their synth sex parties)
>The Institute doesn't openly seem to mistreat synths within the institute, they just walk around and talk about how great Father is really
>The synths that escape act like literal rape victims ("P-PLEASE DONT TAKE ME BACK THERE!!!")

The synths are being raped by nerd scientists. This is my headcanon. Only Eve seems to be the only one that is treated nice enough to stay.

And
>The only part of the Institute that had really anything to do with mad science seems to have been abandoned for years

Seems like after they succeeded in making their 3D waifu printing machine they just quit

>I meant they don't explain their shit to the surface.
We have no indication that this is true, and every indication that the people of the surface simply didn't care about the truth.