/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Der Fünrer edition

Previously, on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>A discord you can use:
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>favorite plane/tank
>reason
>your pros/cons

Long autistic essays are welcome.

Reminder that the IS-6 provides no advantages.

me 262 because it causes allied tears when they realize their late war prop planes are inferior

ohayo my tomodachis, if you like anime rember that you can join a really sugoi squadron, QT508. it's super tanoshii! :3

REAL THREAD

>joining squadrons
DISHONORABRU

P-51D-30

It's fast and extremely agile at high speeds and the guns are good now that .50s have been buffed. Climbs a lot better than P-47s too.

Hs 129 B-2
I love ground pounding, even if I'm basically useless outside of EC, and the ability to delete anyone stupid enough to go head-on with me is a nice plus
Slow and heavy as fuck though, I wish whoever designed the damn thing hadn't picked the anemic french "engines" they stuck onto it

NC 223

hey guys mechjeb flipped my rocket over when i started my gravity turn how do i fix this

I'm a mechjeb warrior everything i do is in the name of mechjeb i pray to mechjeb daily and hope that he will bless me with his love mechjeb is the true god of this world and lets me fly rockets to mun that is why i like mechjeb homies mechjeb is the shit man

Fuck off shitters

My favorite plane is the one with mechjeb.

How beautiful is the Folgore? Would you marry her?

B-57B
I basically only play Sim nowadays which actually favors multi-role planes. I really enjoy being able to drop hot loads on bases and then loiter in space and pounce on people with an extremely stable gun platform.
Love the guns on it. Not a fan of the climb rate/acceleration with a payload, I definitely feel more vulnerable than when I'm in the B-57A.

Look at this and now look at the one in game.
How can you fuck up a 3D model that bad

Nakajima Ki-44

A perfect organism; I admire its purity. The result of Japanese aircraft designers finally realizing a plane doesn't need to be the same width as its engine. Exceedingly good climb and dive performance, coupled with manageable tuning capabilities.

Only downside is the armament, with the hei model recieving 4x Japanese 12.7mm. They feel more like 7.7s when compared to how american 12.7mm performs right now.

nonny you forgot to quote

give me the (You)

Sorry I'd forgotten the image at first then forgot that

Go into the x-ray view.
No one thought "Hey this doesn't look right"?

>air snorces

vomit camo/10

>Loader literally has his head hitting the breech

Play AB instead, guaranteed to never queue any longer than a minute

>flying a ki-109

>that clipping
gotta love gaijin quality

>slavshits
>getting things right

pick one and only one

It's historically accurate advanced German technology.

How will alliedbabies ever recover?

>british armored car
>german technology
What?

Shut up bitch no one gives a shit about your opinions. Shut your fat fucking hole before I take a shit down it.

s-stop bullying him!

ecks dee

How terrible are the Sparvieros?

is there an aircraft gun worse than nipp 8mm?

help me, i had wager on to destroy 5 enemy units, i did that but after i got my 7th kill my internet disconnected. Will the stage be completed or have i been gayjined?

No, I'm pretty sure the Jap 7.7 is the worst gun in the game but for some reason it's pretty fun to use to me at least. I think because it has a good sound to it.

A6M2 mod 11
I used to play the A6M2 a lot, but then the mod 11 got buffed while the A6M2 stayed the same because small family company ))), this was a year ago by the way. I don't play it that much though, I just thoroughly enjoy coming back to it after a shit day.
It dodges the fucked up 3.7 BR, the only really bad things it can regularly see are the P-47Ds and it manages to be surprisingly competitive at its BR spread where it actually isn't that slow compared to others.
It's a good awareness, snapshot and trigger discipline trainer and coming up with new ways to outmaneuver someone even faster or getting an attack on a faster enemy is pretty fun, I just wish they'd buff its rollrate to what it should be, but small family company )))))).

>BT-7 loads faster than Ha-Go
)

>favorite plane as in planefu
F9F-2 because I fell in love with it when I saw it in the US tree years ago. It's a shit plane that can't do fuck in 9.0 but I still love to fly it
>favorite plane as in current favorite plane to fly
I can't name just one but I guess it would be the G.56, or the 109 F-4

>Jap 7.7 is the worst gun in the game
I can confirm this, even with universal belt its completely useless

doing that referral thing with nipps, I want to fucking kill myself now

Can't possibly be worse than Italian 7.7

even if it is, that's on like 2 reserve planes and maybe bombers
nipps are stuck with that piece of shit till the reppuu

custom meme when?

It’s on literally every Italian bomber and attacker

>try to "enjoy" jap tanks
>literally all just paper armor
>24/7 abandoned factory and poland
what was I thinking

>Sniped by 7.5 MAC from over a kilometer away

it hurts

you now know how leo players feel when they face cheiftains and m60s

>germans can't be on the allied side anymore because )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

CUSTOM MEME WHEN

Most of their era III tanks don't have bad armor, at least on the front.

>make it with no nametags: no one has fun
>make it with nametags: some autistic nigger starts screeching for hours

>some autistic nigger starts screeching for hours
So Triahx is still around then?

>scrubbing around in the dirt with tractor driving plebs
Disdain.

If I had two buttons in font of me, one granting me 1mil$, and the other killing every single IS-6 faggot istantly, you're damn sure I'll go for the latter

>not demanding a button to immediately wipe out the entire gaijin staff, remove the IS-6 from the store, AND kill all the IS-6 niggers
Just targeting the IS-6 drivers isn't going to do anything, more will rise to take their place
you have to strike at their source

>It works for the 72-K and 29-K
>The Flakbus doesn't have it though
>It also only works out to 2000 meters
What's the fucking point? You can't use it against aircraft.

>It works for the 72-K and 29-K
>The Flakbus doesn't have it though
Well that's because )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

how about a button that just deletes everything in between poland and japan

keep the ones who model, animate and program though

neck the ones who come up with the crappy BRs, rewards and enforce censorship

How much of a meme is the Breda 88?

fun to dive bomb with in gf, flies like a fucking pig though

>night maps

>sunset maps

Why can't all maps just be 2pm sun. All war only happens at that time )))))

>stock Potez 631
>using WEP only slows you down
what the fuck

Their mouse specifications are literally some hobby lobby russian book that says 220mm cast steel, any document that says it's 240 rolled is nazi propaganda and the living mouse that the Russians actually have is also nazi propaganda.

So the mouse will forever have a 200mm weakspot in the front while russians have to be cupola'd with enough HE filler that you get more than two ivans and an orange breech with 800 grams of tnt

And then because the maus is too hard to kill they brought out a cold-war 7.7 tank destroyer that kills anything regardless of angling with 415 pen at 60 degrees and 7kg filler

>using wep slows you down, plays "marseillaise" and raises a white flag

This used to be a problem in many planes back in the day

>slavniggers had to bring out the Object 120 to deal with the Maus
>meanwhile the T-54's stock shell is capable of punching through the turret face if you aren't dogshit at aiming
goddamn, I hate these fuckers

>1600m with Chief mk3's underperforming APDS

"""composite""" armor my arse. Get fucked slav.

>Flying around in my good goy pay2win G.55S
>See an allied Do-217 being chased by a P-51
>Swoop down and save him
>Guy is super appreciative, thanks me
>"No problem."
>Shoot down another enemy in a dogfight
>Flying back to base, only 7 minutes of fuel left, 150 cannon rounds because I spray like a retard
>See an ally getting chased by an M.B.157
>Ally isn't very good, losing the fight, damaged
>Turn around from my journey back to the base, decide to help my ally
>Get the enemy off his tail, engage in a fight, shoot him down
>Ally shoots me down
>This exchange takes place

The guy was fucked, he was damaged and had an enemy on his tail, and he shot me down for being a "killsteler" and threatened to hunt me down in any match we played together. Guess it's my fault for assuming War Thunder players had any understanding of situational awareness or appreciation for being rescued from a bad situation, right?

We lost the match, by the way. We were the last two fighters left and the absolute fucking moron shot me down out of petty spite for RESCUING HIM.

/blog over

tfw the cannon folgore didn't go into the mass production

No good deed goes unpunished user.

it's no good violating zellbrigen but one can't expect any better from a dirty freebirth like you are

Dead men scarcely have the time or state of mind to appreciate honor, user!

All i want is King Tigers facing only war time deisgns like is-2 and maybe is-3 when uptiered, m26 etc
Am i asking for too much? why can't they move british post war from tier 4 to tier 5

>and I will hunt you down

Like I said to user yesterday: it's a free to play multiplayer game for people who like planes but don't want a real sim. It's bound to be populated by retards and literal children. You can be that guy you saved was no oler than 14. Get used to it because bullshit like this will happen all the time.

imo they overbuffed burgers/overnerfed soviets recently, soviet planes kind of suffer right now even though the burger teams mostly consist of literal children

also met a guy named dark general something, i bet he had no idea he associated to me with picrelated

>Namedropping your waifu and posting a pic-related pretty his buddies jerked-off or talked shit about Marge
>Killing in the name of your waifu

. . .really?

Fucking this.

The thing is that I have been playing for a good 4-5 years on and off, and this shit still takes me by surprise. You have nothing to gain and everything to lose by teamkilling someone.

good camo, y/n?

how did you even stick a photo poster to your plane's nose back in 194x

also the lipstick was so thick 70 years ago

>what is glue

>glueing a list of paper to metal so it wouldn't tear when you reach 600 kmh

huh

source on pic?

what tier? from 1-4 my ques are instant in planes and tanks

it's glued flat to the surface, it's not gonna create enough drag to get torn off

>You have nothing to gain and everything to lose by teamkilling someone
I agree, but I've also come to realize that people who teamkill just don't give a fuck or are too stupid to think twice before doing it. Most players don't care at all about the team, they're just in it for their own amusement and reward so to them teamkilling is fine and I guess it make them think they're cool and tough or something. lol I tk'd that guy I sure told him who's boss etc etc.

I feel your pain though. I've encountered too many literal retards in this game and the absurd levels of incompetence, retardation, ignorance and immaturity of the playerbase even in fucking tier 5 is one of the reasons this game will never be as good as it could be, besides Gaijin's incompetence.

Is it me or does the Comet Gun sight lie?

My favorite plane is technically not even in the game, surprisingly. I've always imagined having heated engagements with tough opponents like 109 F-4s, G-2s, Mc205 Veltros and Reggaines (whenever they add those) over the skies of Italy and Sicily (somewhere like in the Battle of Monte Cassino!).

The P-51 Bs and Cs have their own style and look really cool, plus people within War Thunder still consider P-51s as shit, so I'd like to prove them wrong, especially whenever the C variant gets added in!

Sorry this, was meant for

They'll probably add it in the future, but the US tree is getting pretty cramped

>people within War Thunder still consider P-51s as shit
there is an official survey on the ru forum right now and a lot of people ask to increase br for p-51d-30 and especially for f-82e, those planes have a ridiculously low br

It's a mystery why they haven't been raised yet, like the bf 109 F-4

>fucking MORE P-51 variants
Yawn.