Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/U2AD8UHK
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY
Rance X Character Roster:
www8.zippyshare.com/v/wnmC5LKL/file.html

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!8ZJDwIBT!Shrq_M_D0pKF4qLBgJvFZAbKmZdEF3pWaaO_8OhEsp0
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Winter 2017
Sengoku Rance (English) - Likely 2018
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2018
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
Rance X - 23rd February 2018
Teaser: youtube.com/watch?v=CpMoCuxFIIY
youtube.com/watch?v=QSib3DrdAdA
Imgur with released information
imgur.com/a/GZLe8

RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Donna Donna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

>Upcoming Events
Quiz Project
pastebin.com/v6kuqn4q

Veeky Forums League
Weekend starting December 1st

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/H9kjFD6C
my.mixtape.moe/oebdty.zip
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_129053.html?p=7
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/3110943.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sixty Nines Edition
>rolled 59
Pathetic.

You think the AL Church stuff and Am were not intended to be in the original game?

Lol, I copied anonymous by mistake on Last Thread. Need to be more careful next time.

I don't get the OP edition name or your joke.

Stop.

Introducing us to Crook, and the idea that a new Pope was going to be chosen soon was supposed to be in Quest, yes. But the conclusion to that plot line wasn't.

S-Sorry ;_;

Thread #690.

It's hard to get into the story when the grind is that heavy.

>Even Vanilla Quest script was already bigger than SR and VI
It didn't feel like it to me.

A lot was scattered with the story that wasn't focused, plus many map events you only see if you had a special group of people in the party, and lots of characters unique events in castle, city, etc.

Sill for God Empress Consort!

You weren't here yesterday

At this rate, that's what it would take for her to have Rance's child.

>as in store you need the level god to level you up and overflowing XP would be lost
Didn't know that part. I thought overflowing EXP was a lore thing too and that it was a legit strategy in-universe to not overlevel too much because it gets too hard later on, so people just keep to a good level and have overflowing EXP, maybe to use as a quick level when they level down due to not levelling up in a while.

Well, yeah, it was a game about Rance stealing all side quests he could instead of focusing on the main storyline. His utter failure at the end of it was deserved.

I was here.
Just forgot to post.

Since Chinu is confirmed canon in X, should we expect all the unofficial patches added for the Quest tranlation?

Too few male characters in it. What kind of fanservice is that?

I haven't been around for a while (from the first screenshots), are there any interesting leaks about X? Something about the soundtrack?
Running to the straight would've been amazing but they used it in IX and I doubt they will do it again here. Remakes of some of the other iconic older songs would be great and pretty fitting.

It was great while it lasted I guess

Chinu was not part of the unofficial patches, she is in one of the official ones.

But it's likely we will get the unofficial ones too, because they were available for free, and still are.

alright hannies let's go through this again.

pastebin.com/H9kjFD6C

the main limiter would be is if there's an event with a higher priority, or that troop buff regarding GFs 172 and 173. Which I'm just assuming works as I laid out before

So far we only know that the OST will be too big for two CDs so the OST release will be in 3 CDs. The only "sample" of the OST we have so far is what we can hear on the teasers that are on the op.

>while there was a few short sights like not having a wait command
I personally came to like this change in the usual RPG-battle system since it makes things faster and with that more fun.

>As requested. Warning: Save has had Cheat Engine used on it, although I don't think there's any weird shit left on there. Also, it's 1 turn off where the webm was. 5SNB has got me too used to using nothing but the autosave, so you might not be able to replicate what I had in the webm. Oh, and finally - I've got no clue if I've uploaded the right files or not. I look forward to having doxed myself.
>my.mixtape.moe/oebdty.zip
Thanks. I'm gonna try to replicate that fight later.

No way they were planning to have that in IX, and there's no reason to schedule it as an expansion from the start.

Were you here when the website opened or when the first PV was posted?

I'm a little bit lost as to what you're trying to do here. Are you in disagreement with something? As far as I'm aware the matter is settled but the user who saved all of the info hasn't put it on the wiki yet.

Did someone ask for more Lia?

I think I was here until a few days before the site release.
Thanks.

Nice.

Not only a girl torturer, kidnapper and a serial killer, but also a baby beater now.

oh, I don't have this one. saved.

She really is a 100/100.

For anyone interested in seeing how TADA end up deciding to make magnum and also seeing some of the reasons he had made the decision he made in vanilla Quest, check the blog posts with the Rance Series tag after Quest release:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_129053.html?p=7

In particular check the posts with the topic "ランスいじり".

Either during 9 or 10. Back then he made quest already with a good idea in mind of what 9 and 10 would cover, so doing magnum probably meant he had to change his original plan for those games.
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/3110943.html

The problem is that without a wait command, you would end up wasting skill from your characters on enemies that din't need which resulted in making things slower as you had to expend a lot of time exchanging characters and their skills mid quests, and ultimately needing more runs to fully explore each Quest. So having a wait command is really helpful, even if it also has limited uses.

>Someone beat me
Whelp, guess I don't need to do Lia anymore.

Guess I can focus on best girl after faggot cat

Not that special of a score anymore.

I have a question for the smart hannies.

Suppose that in X rance can decide to stay with one girl until old age. What will be the canon choice, and why?

I'd say none, He probably willl be adventuring again with Sill after the Gods are dealt with.

Avoiding to even get into situations where you'd waste a skill is part of the fun. Not having the wait command forces you to change how you do battles, which makes the system fresh and interesting. Quests battle system was great (and continues to be so in Magnum)

Too old.

>rance can decide to stay with one girl until old age
Rance will never do something like that.

It would be Sill, as a reference to Kichikuou. There's no way anything like this will occur though.

Did you play Quest without installing Magnum at all nor the 1.6 patch?

I would have like to see another Lia made by you.

Do your best.

Too bad.
I'll do two Miracle images instead though

I played it since 1.0, back when hammers didn't have their accuracy capped.

Rance wouldn't do that. Even in the KR Sill end, he still would be traveling the world and fucking lots of girls he encounter.

He would only do so if he was forced to, like being stuck with Maria in a rocket, stuck with Sill or Milacle in a dimension, etc.

Good for you that you still found d it fun, but a portion big enough of the userbase didn't.

Leave Kayblis to me!

Please, that was obviously out of pity.

For the tenth 69, and the many sixty-nines to come. Also #6969 is too far-off to wait for it

6 weeks to Evenicle.

Damn this scene was funny.

You should see all the variants. Sanakia and Kanamis are pretty hilarious. Obviously also get Sill's to get the CG.

Also this bit at the end was a really nice touch.

Ya I just went back and watched them all. Sanakia, Kanamis, and Pattons were the best. Shizuka's was pretty good to.

Don't be fooled, Patton, that guy fucked your sister

Which one?

All his three non blood related sisters.

KANAMI

No, Kanami is not his sister

>implying Patton isn't Kanami's onee-san as well

Mary Poppins Suzume?

That'd be awesome. She really would have made an awesome Marry Poppins figure to Rance's kids.

Gahahahaha

I still say that Rance frequently takes side quests that end up benefiting him in the long run.

What happens if I don't heal my battle-permit-carrying squads? Do they keep attacking with 1/1000?

They don't attack unless they've got at least 1,000 living troops.

Also, 3G lied to you - the success of your permit guys is not proportional to the quality of the unit.

Thanks.

I always thought that the number of troops lost was proportional to the quality.

But I should never have doubted Rance's genius idea of sending the crappy guys with battle permits

I got a bit lost during the SR stuff last thread, I guess that I'll figure out what loose ends need tying up some time tomorrow (e.g. I'm still not sure what was supposed to draw attention to), but for the time being I'll shamelessly repeat my begging for any user who thinks that they can put the turn order stuff in to layman's turns to do so.

Actually, did those arguments about abusing Overtime ever get concluded? It seemed like a calculation ended it until someone pointed out that the calculation was wrong.

I wonder if Alicesoft's newhires from like 2005 are now good at creating eroge or if they still need TADA's supervision.

Who's her boss now that Patton is no longer on Helman's hit list?

>What will be the canon choice, and why?

Obviously Sill given how much the Japanese fanbase likes her (she's always at least ranked in the top 10 for most of the modern games). It'd also be a nice throwback to Kichikuou's Fortune ending.

It'll never happen for good reason though since new timeline Rance is very different personality-wise to his Kichikuou counterpart. Not to mention it'd be pretty out of character for him...unless he was forced into doing it for an IF route.

Freya.
>Obviously Sill given how much the Japanese fanbase likes her (she's always at least ranked in the top 10 for most of the modern games).

If it was popularity it would be Shizuka or Sheila. But in the end a monogamous ending is impossible.

>Rance remembers her and not Ralga cat girl

>Obviously Sill given how much the Japanese fanbase likes her (she's always at least ranked in the top 10 for most of the modern games)
She only ranks top 10 in the games that allow multiple votes or the ones that have like 15 characters. Not to mention that if popularity determined that she's ridiculously outclassed by characters like Shizuka, Kanami, Sheila, Reset, etc.

Last I checked user wanted to check if there are hidden bonuses by testing if a spd 9 diviner will be outsped by a spd 8 unit.

I think the Genri idea has merit but notepadanon is probably right that it is not a good fit for certain types of fights. Just a matter of smoothing out what the restrictions are: since we know what order the units will be moving we should be able to write down up to 1d4 when each unit will use each move, and then it's just a matter of looking at it and using our vast and powerful knowledge of SR to tell where it could fail.

They made Haruka. That's all you need to know.

Ranking top 10 in most games is a weird way to measure popularity since top 10 isn't particularly hard to reach, and there are very few heroines who have been present in "most games". The only ones I can come up with really quickly are Lia (missing from VII and a non-presence in 02) and Shizuka (Missing from 01 and VII).

Was there a post about this? What makes someone good at eroge according to TADA?

I guess Kanami too

They also made AliveZ. I do find it entertaining that Rance 01 and Rance 03's gameplay were made by the gameplay designer of S!T!B! He must have impressed someone to get to shape the gameplay of the remakes thus far.

That may be true but it is very convenient if you want to be a smug sillfag.

Who is responsible for voicing in 03?

The requirements are:

Be at least 18 years old

Must love Eroge with all your heart

Please make sure you enjoy our games before deciding to work with us

Must love some of the following things (to be TADA's best friend)

- Silly Girls, Glasses Girls, RPG's, Global History, Romantic Comedies, Insulting Girls, Comforting Girls, Monster Girls, Battleships, Military Planes

Rance remembered her after meeting her again and not right away. Rance would also remember ralga girl if he met her again.

Sill is the dividing line between popular and not popular.
Popular recurring characters and new character from the game always beat her.

Kanami was missing from 01. So has been in more games than sill, although sill has generally had a more prominent role.

>Romantic comedies
cuck

This is a good way to put it.

I still think that it doesn´t make sense that Rance wouldn´t remember someone who he was adventuring with for half a year just after a couple of months spent without seeing her. Even if they put it in as a joke since it wasn´t that funny.

>cuck