ISIS JUST BULLDOZED THE ZIGGURAT

I AM FUCKING LIVID BOYS

sciencealert.com/two-iconic-ancient-cities-have-reportedly-been-destroyed-by-isis-in-iraq

>As the Iraqi military struggle to reclaim the city of Mosul in northern Iraq from the Islamic State (ISIS), satellite images show that two iconic archaeological sites have been purposefully destroyed - and not necessarily by fighting.
>Both were capital cities of ancient Mesopotamia - the important region where writing, farming, and civilisation as we know it arose. An ancient temple described as "the most spectacular sacred structure known from ancient Mesopotamia" has been bulldozed to the ground.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Mehk5eWcZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Islam will conquer the world and destroy all pagan idolatry. One day we shall dissemble the pyramids stone by stone.

Inshallah brothers.

Who cares, it's just a bunch of old rubble and particles. Do people get upset when abandoned neighborhoods and buildings in Detroit get bulldozed down?

*blocks your path*

monotheists every time

Edgy

They'll get their comeuppance.

Some fag is going to say, "They were just a pile of rocks. What about the people IS had killed"

>If Hillary won we'd be bombing Assad instead of these fuckers

Friendly reminder :^)

>RuAF doing the bombing in Syria
>USAF doing the bombing in Iraq
>ISIS crumbling in Iraq
>ISIS strong in Syria

I was really hoping for Jeb so we could have Desert Storm III

What are you, an Israeli?

Please

>been saying to you cucks since Veeky Forums opened that belief in god is a mental illness
>when i do godcucks get mad at me and atheist reddit whiteknights call me edgy

The thing was I was being completely serious. Belief in god /is/ a mental illness and this is all the proof you need.

This isn't just ISIS' fault, it's also the fault of all you apologists and deniers who work so hard to make sure the mental illness isn't cured and remains normalised.

You can always make another sandnigger, but there's only one Ziggurat

just an observer who wants to see the story arc be completed

in order for it to be a mental illness they have to be harming themselves or others or putting themselves or others in harms way. this isn't the case in most cases, especially in the West where there is a high number of casual believers.

plus if you want to say ISIS members have a mental illness, you might as well say that violent nationalists, fascists, marxists or anyone else that commits violent acts for a spooky cause also has a mental illness

>they have to be harming themselves or others
>ISIS has reportedly bulldozed two of the world's most important ancient cities

>if you're going to call paranoid-schizophrenia a mental illness, you might as well say that paranoid nationalists, fascists, marxists or anyone else that commits acts of paranoia for a spooky cause also has a mental illness

Thank God for Trump, we're gonna send this dipshits back to stone age

If belief in God is so terrible, isn't it a good thing that they destroyed the Ziggurat?

>they have to be harming themselves or others
>ISIS has reportedly bulldozed two of the world's most important ancient cities
You completely missed the point. not all religious people do harm to themselves or others because of their religion. like I said, there's a lot of casual believers in the West who are hardly influenced at all by their religion in their day-to-day lives

>if you're going to call paranoid-schizophrenia a mental illness, you might as well say that paranoid nationalists, fascists, marxists or anyone else that commits acts of paranoia for a spooky cause also has a mental illness
I'm really not sure what the hell your point is here. are you saying these groups should also be considered a mental illness? if not, the connection between religion in general and marxism in general and the category "mental illness" is about just as strong, if not stronger.

Violent tendencies in general are usually shunned by communities and can be considered an illness or abnormality.

Technically you'd need a helicopter for that

Why are Muslims so edgy?

edginess is relative

not really. violence is only usually shunned within the community, but not with outsiders. sure it's not okay to murder your neighbor, but you might work together to raid a nearby town to get resources, especially slaves which you can have work for you, fuck or sell to others

Why are Muslims so relatively edgy?

>there's a lot of casual believers
That was my initial point. They are useful idiots who protect true believers (who do cause harm) by demanding tolerance.

>I'm really not sure what the hell your point is here
I just think you denying that "ISIS members have a mental illness" by appealing to flawed analogies and semantic trickery is you being a useful idiot. You're literally protecting ISIS. Those groups you mentioned are motivated by dumb ideas about society, not imaginary friends that they believe want them to start the apocalypse.

Notoriety helps attract followers, fanaticism helps control them. It is kind of like legalism, any excuse can be found to punish subordinates.

I have an interest in Assyriology, and it has really driven me to hate Muslims.

This isn't new either, 19th century excavators had to have armed guards to prevent the natives from smashing/stealing then smashing everything.

No new excavations since the late 1960s (forgot exact date).

Beginning to think colonialism was pretty cool for keeping a lid on these savages.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty fucking triggered right now

Too tired to be angry anymore

>They are useful idiots who protect true believers (who do cause harm) by demanding tolerance.
>true believers
as a former member of these casual believers, I have to object. their beliefs are no less real than the more radical believers, they're just more pragmatic, along with the fact that unlike ISIS extremists, they grew up in a culture which promoted religious tolerance.

>Those groups you mentioned are motivated by dumb ideas about society, not imaginary friends that they believe want them to start the apocalypse.
there is not fundamental difference between a harmful, extremist ideology and another harmful, extremist ideology that also says that there is some being outside of time and space, other than the second being more silly on a fundamental level. here's the thing: people believe in religion for the same reason a marxist is a marxist: they trust in book that "reveals" some hidden truth to them. religious people don't believe in God because they here voices in their head (well at least most of them).

>You're literally protecting ISIS
I'm not. I'm attacking your categorization. anyways what exactly will this categorization accomplish? send the religious to mental wards? they'll only get more defensive and you'll fuel their conviction and apocalyptic beliefs. try to prevent them from teaching their beliefs to their children and you'll end up creating a big brother system which can be used for other purposes. plus recognizing extremist Islam is a problem doesn't require you lump in the Lutheran down the street

seconding this

m-muh history ;_;
muh preservation vs restoration
muh rubble

*trust in a book

They have absolutely no respect for history or knowledge. Anything that offends their religion must be destroyed. Muslims are modern day barbarians, unworthy of the historic places they inhabit.

Clusterbombing hadjis when?

>there is not fundamental difference between a harmful, extremist ideology and another harmful, extremist ideology
Its a numbers and location problem bud

Right now bb

"numbers and location" doesn't affect whether something is a mental illness

XD

Hate to reply to myself but I forgot to add that archaeologists used to send material back to museums and institutions in the civilized world.

Then we let third worlders guilt us into this sorry state of affairs of leaving irreplaceable historical artifacts in the hands of unstable pseudo-countries, subject to the whims of overgrown hairy children.

>KEEP THE ELGIN MARBLES IN BRITAIN

whatever just rebuild it. Most historic sites have undergone renovation.

I'd just like to remind everyone that ISIS is the organization that was known as Al Qaeda in Iraq five years ago, and they only gained a meaningful foothold in the country because the government that was keeping them out was overthrown in an illegal war of aggression.

no what i ment was there are alot more muslim terrorists worldwide, than other fundamentalist terrorists.

>inhabit

infest.

Trump will likely use the war in Syria to boost his popularity and he will collaborate with Russia to ensure a speedy conclusion.

detroit deserved it

>and they only gained a meaningful foothold because Middle Eastern leaders are sectarian retards and started shitting on their Sunni populations the second the US left

Al-Maliki is more responsible than any other figure.

yes, Islamist extremism is a bigger problem than marxists trying to overthrow the bourgeois. that isn't an argument for categorizing all religions as mental illnesses. the categorization doesn't deal with the problem, nor is it accurate

but keeping the wars going means cheap oil and lots of arms sales

So, he's not profitting from it directly.
He'll profit more for being the president who ended the syrian war.

Religion is a virus that affects rational thinking, sounds like a mental illness/delusion to me

by that standard anti-semitic /pol/ meme causes a mental illness. you are over-expanding the definition

an anti-semetic /pol/ meme

>their beliefs are no less real than the more radical believers
Exactly. They both have a mental illness.

>ISIS wouldn't exist if we just promoted religious tolerance :^)
Wrong. It exists and operates because of religious tolerance. Simple fact: if muslims (for example) were not allowed into secular western nations there would be no islamic terrorism in secular western nations.

>there is not fundamental difference
Ok you know what whether there is or isn't a difference, belief in god is still a mental disorder. I feel there is a difference because I think they differ in the sense of being denial of reality vs. bad ideas about reality, but if they don't differ it doesn't matter: mental illness.

>what exactly will this categorization accomplish?
People will not defend a mental illness.

>send the religious to mental wards?
>try to prevent them from teaching their beliefs to their children
This is a topic for /pol/.

>plus recognizing extremist Islam is a problem doesn't require you lump in the Lutheran down the street
1. "Extremist islam" isn't the problem, belief in god is the problem.
2. Yes it does. See 1.

He said on a history board.

Let's see what you'll say when they start destroying European architecture.

Skeptical
A ziggurat is massive, I dont know how they would have dismantled it.
Its like taking down a mountain.

>It exists and operates because of religious tolerance.
promoting the value of religious tolerance is what prevents it. islamic extremism has thrived in european countries because they don't seek to assimilate them into accepting western values, like in the US.

>Simple fact: if muslims (for example) were not allowed into secular western nations there would be no islamic terrorism in secular western nations.
here's the thing, you are saying belief in god is a problem, yet you recognize that there are tons of religious people in these western countries already who don't commit these atrocities. you also recognize that terrorist acts are special to religious extremism but can also be committed by nationalists, marxists and other ideologues. do you see how the problem here isn't "belief in god" but just extreme ideological commitment? I've already said this, but let me repeat it: the only reason why you consider belief in gods to be a mental illness is because it's extremely irrational and appears to be similarly delusional to schizophrenia at first glance. but something isn't wrong in these people's brains that causes them to here voices or see things, it's just something they're taught or read in religious texts. most of them are just as sane as you or me. when I stopped believing in god my brain didn't change, I took no pills, had no psychological therapy. I just realized that it was irrational. nothing about me fundamentally changed. that's why religion isn't a mental illness.

>send the religious to mental wards?
>try to prevent them from teaching their beliefs to their children
>This is a topic for /pol/.
the reason I mentioned this is that you tried to say I was somehow defending ISIS by attacking your categorization. unless this somehow has some real utility in the fight against ISIS than you can't accuse me of such a thing

bombs. plus it's mudbrick, not stone. most of these things are just a mound of dirt after all these years

>islam will conquer the world
>Inshallah brothers
>Blame "monotheism"

Why are liberals so cowards, why are you not naming shitslam for what it is.

>you are saying belief in god is a problem
The Quran is an expansionist ideology given an added religious spin

Christ's teachings are far removed from the teachings of the Quran.
Christ did not set out to create a political ideology unlike Muhammed, Christ's message was of salvation.

People will always twist things to suit their purposes as is shown by history, but it takes a lot more contrivance to twist the words of Christ than it does to twist the words of the Quran. The New Testament says that those that live by the sword will die by the sword: The Quran supports the use of the sword and promises many virgins in paradise for those wielding it.

Yeah doing that non-stop for the last 15 years has helped so much.

Congrats you've done exactly what the Wahhabs have wanted to do but only didn't because of sweet tourist dosh.

>bombing the controlled opposition
C'mon son.

>Take ISIS pows
>make them manually reconstruct Ziggurat
So much for only being one.

>been saying to you cucks since Veeky Forums opened that non-belief in god is a mental illness
>when i do athiestcucks get mad at me and religious reddit whiteknights call me edgy

The thing was I was being completely serious. Non-belief in god /is/ a mental illness and this is all the proof you need.

This isn't just ISIS' fault, it's also the fault of all you apologists and deniers who work so hard to make sure the mental illness isn't cured and remains normalised.

You know that that Ziggurat has been standing through nearly 1500 yrs of "shitslam" right? It's the damn Salafi influence that's propagating this

These absolute nonces even demolish grave sites of their own holy people (Saudis destroying Jannat ul-Baqi) and I'm tired of this sheer autism

t. Muslim

Because it destroys our connection with the absolute madmen that inhabited the fertile crescent.

This is glorious, maybe they will finally destroy Damascus and fulfill the prophecy in isaiah.

ISIS members get to paradise based on how many (you)s they get in life.

In reality one ziggurat is more valuable than a million inbred moon devil worshipping goat fuckers.

>tolerance is what prevents it
>assimilation is what prevents it
what

>yet you recognize that there are tons of religious people in these western countries already who don't commit these atrocities
But I also said that these people inadvertently protect the ones who do by demanding tolerance. You keep avoiding this point.

>but something isn't wrong in these people's brains that causes them to here voices or see things, it's just something they're taught or read in religious texts
Denial of reality means something is wrong in their brains, so does telepathically communicating with an invisible friend. How that damage occurred is irrelevant.

>when I stopped believing in god my brain didn't change
It did by definition. Maybe not enough.

>They have absolutely no respect for history or knowledge. Anything that offends their religion must be destroyed. Assyrians are modern day barbarians, unworthy of the historic places they inhabit.
t. Babylonian

>Let's see what you'll say when they start destroying European architecture.
You mean like this?

If this happened I would spontaneously cum a bucket

>implying that there aren't hundreds of paranoid schizophrenics posting to /pol/ RIGHT NOW
not that guy but to say that a significant portion of /pol/ doesn't have a mental illness is completely absurd, they spill out into Veeky Forums too much for you not to have seen it.

Even taking down a mound of dirt is pretty hard especially given a low resource faction like ISIS.
The amount of explosives it would take to get rid of a Ziggurat would be immense.

>But I also said that these people inadvertently protect the ones who do by demanding tolerance. You keep avoiding this point.
You take tolerance out of society and it won't be the atheists suppressing the religious, but one religious groups suppressing the others and the atheists. you seem to forget that. here's how institutional religious tolerance prevents it: it prevents the state from being a vehicle for the religious from potentially using it to suppress other groups. if you were correct and this only promoted religious violence we would have seen it increase, not decrease as it has.

>Denial of reality means something is wrong in their brains, so does telepathically communicating with an invisible friend. How that damage occurred is irrelevant.
*sigh* but most of them don't have this "telepathic communication". some will even admit that they get no answers from prayer and it just serves as a form of meditation. you have no argument besides LOL THEY HAVE AN IMAGINARY FRIEND! AIN'T THAT JUST CRAZY?!

>when I stopped believing in god my brain didn't change
>It did by definition. Maybe not enough.
no more than my brain changes when I learn that some other thing I thought was correct was wrong. you might as well say that you've fundamentally altered my brain by correcting me on some historical fact.

I sure as shit miss Hussein.

*from being a vehicle for the religious to use to suppress other groups

Isnt he the reason that fucked up muslims in the first place?

Partially, but not as much as groups like Al-Qaeda and their successor ISIS do, which he was against and held back quite decently. Effective strong-men keep are as good a deterrent against extremist groups as any.

Muslims have always been fucked up, the sunni/shia schism and tribal societal basis means the whole arab world will be a total shithole for decades to come. Hussein was a totalitarian and a good one at that, he kept the volatile populace of iraq in line with an iron fist.

ISIS was formed by rogue AQI members. They're not allied with AQ or AQI. They didn't gain any significant amount of power until they moved into Syria.

how come, those precious places survived centuries under islam?
The first archaeologists after hellenism, were muslims.

who cares for mud

yep. you da right

those totalitarian leaders take away the peoples hope in democracy and progress. what remains are dumb sheep, who follow any ideology thrown at them.

>t. Muslim

www.prophetofdoom.net

It was formed by the leadership of ISI, formerly AQI. They no longer have ties to AQ, but they did when they were known as AQI.

Muslims don't want "democracy and progress", because these are things that are antithetical to their religion.

This is *moderate Islam* in a 1st world country:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Mehk5eWcZA

Oil is already cheap as fuck and the only weapons that are selling due to the conflict are former Warsaw pact and chink ones.

>citing Sunni hadiths
Into the trash it goes

religion is a pillar of every great civilisation in history and you can try to prove me wrong but you won't be able to

Not all religions are the same.

Actually no there has been waves of "idol" destruction in the Muslim world at regular intervals since the beginning of that religion.

Isolation and being covered in soil.

I really hate this idea. I'm not into watching gladiators fight to the death( though admittedly that's mostly because it isn't really a thing anymore), but I'd still be able to recognize that the coliseum being demolished would be a huge loss to humanity. I don't read much, but I can still tell you the destruction of the Library of Alexandria was a huge loss to humanity. There are countless examples, but in general, it's absolutely possible to be awe inspired by a structure or monument, while also being completely ignorant of or even against the message it tries to convey.

One of many pillars, but a replaceable one. Sometimes, it's also the cracky pillar that brings the civilization to fall.