/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/atGCBg31J5I?t=19m7s
a.pomf.cat/bzejbq.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"honest" fighting styles only Tekken would be pretty boring

I love Kuni!

She's dead m8

not in my heart she isn't

So?

Why the fuck is Lars friends with all these anime characters?

Nobody's irreversibly dead in Tekken.

heihachi

it's gotta be a meme because everyone says he looks like he comes from final fantasy.

Lars has the power to cross dimensions, same with Lili, eventhough she wanted to beat the MC with her own hands instead of a digimon.

Look at his hairstyle and guess.

We'll be getting Robo-Heihachi in Tekken 8.

Lei

>Lili
Explain

That would be cool. Imagine his brain inside a JACK-8 body.

Jin's friends with Ryu and Lili is friends with the other sluts in Queen's Blade too.

I find it interesting that Noroma kinda fell off as TWT progressed.

Just finished watching the archives for TWT.
Qudans is so fucking based defending us from another Jackkening.

Then why couldn't she invite Mai Shiranui?

LEI IS NEVER COMING BACK GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS LEIFAGS

this was way too hype

Imagine TMM at that very moment when JDCR pulled out Heihachi for that Mishima showdown.

me josie
me unga
*d3,4 ,4's you at the wall*

me scrub
me braindead
me apparently cant deal with something i know is going to happen

t.gorilla

This tournament probably spoiled Tekken for me. How can you ever top this event?

noctis v lars grand finals

pleaseno

How brain damaged do you have to be to complain about Josie when Alisa is in the game?

alisa is only gimmicky at baby level, josie is a string mash character even at twt level

Maybe from now on Qudans will win everything and we'll get bored of that. The next time he wins a tournament it's going to be considerably less hype already, although still obviously preferable to JDCR or any Jack player winning.

if shes so unga and easy lets see you get to twt finals with her then

Retarded logic. Kys

This. Good Alisa plays like turtle.

i'd be hype for jdcr if he plays heihachi

>go against a red DJ with 140 wins
>every second of the match is a constant 50/50
>wavedash hell sweep (low) or ws2 (mid) into combo
>laser scraper and df1
>try to go in and get fucked by EWGF or b4
>if I whiff, I'm going to eat a EWGF
>if I do a move that's even-10, I'm going to get stomped by 112 and get mixed up
so this is the fear JDCR and Saint felt huh

Yeah, if it would go that way it defintly would get boring. But atleast it will be intersting for sometime.

>Alisa is only gimmicky at baby level
>Has literally made it to grand finales at EVO

How does it feel to be a brainlet?

just SSL lmao :^)

not only that kind of fear but the guy you were playing against would get his shit pushed in by Qudans. I can't even imagine what it'd be like playing against top tier players when even red ranks seem insurmountable.

how does it feel to have literally no reading comprehension at all

>he thinks he can SS DJ
as a DJ player, you're gonna eat everything if you try kiddo
respect my shit

How does it feel to be so stupid you literally can't comprehend words lmao

Chanel plays Alisa in a very pokey turtley and ungimmicky way but I've seen significantly more chainsaws etc. from other high level Alisas (Japanese and Korean). Then again Chanel is probably better than any of them.

Is King hard to be good at? He's got a wavedash, does that make him Mishima tier difficulty?

Someone explain what Alisa's gimmicks even are. Chainsaws aren't gimmicks, they just look stupid. Her jetpack stance isn't even good or that annoying so i'm failing to see why anybody has trouble with this character.

I feel like learning the game with Nina. Gigas is fun, but I don't think I'm learning anything from idiots that try to sweep me over and over only to get d2 into grab

im going to make a woman out of Leo

I will as soon as the retard explains why Josie of all characters is a gorilla

>Muh string mashing
>Muh lows
Must really hate Bryan then

shes busy being in DoA at the moment

Gorilla just means "any character whos offense i dont know how to deal with and i refuse to try to find answers"

So I just learnt about this Queens Blade Lili shit. I found a picture of her being covered in 'white stuff' is that official? It can't be right?

She was canonically in Digimon. Not a reference not same name but actually her.

>Jin's friends with Ryu
What game?

you weren't lying what the hell

>partnered with a shit-throwing slug
It fits with her taste, I guess.

>I will as soon as the retard explains why Josie of all characters is a gorilla
Becouse Josie forces you so easily to play her game. You have to guess and then you have to execute punish or odds are in Josies favor. Josie has good punihing tools, but I rarely see yellow or even orange Josies use them, becouse they got there just by forcing their mixups.

Character is blanced at high level, but not at intermediate level. You have to do so much more work against intemediate Josie than for example intermediate Paul, Alisa or Bryan.

I think he's talking about SFxT, in those CG trailers that got everyone excited, Kazuya beats the shit out of Ryu who was on his way to meet Jin about something.

Wtf lol. Is that the ps4 game from a year ago that had the Devil Survivor artist?

I was just about to mention that it looked like that guy's work.

This damage is fucking crazy why did no one tell me to play Bryan sooner

thougs on:

bryan
lee
dragunov
akuma
nina
gigas
yoshimitsu

im considering trying someone

help

>bryan
if you like whiffpunishing and ch fishing you enjoy Bryan. You have to learn harder way to kbd becouse of backsway, but it's not that hard. Taunt is overrated, you can go far even without mastering it.

Lol try the all in practice mode, watch gameplay of them and pick who looks coolest/most fun. Were not picking thru 7 people for you

No thougs, practis.

Im new to Tekken too and i don't understand it either.
From what i understand it's because he is hard to play so people give him a pass on the absolute fucking grip of damage he does with a wall nearby.
Just like people tolerate Mishimas 50/50.

Why are all of Katarina's lows all insanely punishable on block and +0 on hit? They're all slow as fuck or have no range and pitiful damage. Why is her 1,1,1 -1 on hit? Why is all her frame data so atrocious? Why does Harrier stance look like it should go under highs but doesn't? Why does she have no tracking? Why do all of her enders knock the opponent super far away when she has no good approach options or pokes?

She really needs something like a hellsweep, or a +frame mid, or a throw mix-up, or a stance mix-up that isn't worthless, an evasive move that is actually evasive and rewarding and not slow and launch-punishable...something. Her kit feels so half-assed.

How was she made by the same guys that made Josie? And Paul? A character shouldn't be garbage just because they're easy to play.

If they had put half the effort into the game that they did into those trailers we'd still be playing it.

What the fuck how did Harada let this happen

youtu.be/atGCBg31J5I?t=19m7s

yeah, i'm still having a ton of trouble getting this b3 to hit after a screw
it hits half the time, and the other half it just goes over them, and I have no idea why
I asked about this last night and didn't get much help
a.pomf.cat/bzejbq.mp4
here's a video I recorded of it, if I can get any more help

I just think you just need to dash in deeper and be a little faster from what it looks like.
But idk, I don't play Bryan as said.

whats the timing on the uppercut after jack's ff1

>implying harada didnt make them make a special fully nude version for his own viewing pleasure

Just do it faster, you can start b3 sooner than you would think.

youtube 'how to do jack followup ff1'

first result

wouldn't that cancel the dash and make it so it whiffs because it's further back?

There's just so many questions, like she's meant to be 16, even ignoring that why license out characters for a pure sexual exploitation game like that.

it's a 2d character who gives a shit. and it's not even a true hentai game, just softcore stuff. japan doesnt care about stuff like that.

I wasn't trying to be autistic it's just culture shock I guess.

You spend that long playing a character it just feels wrong desu.

B3 has long range. If you dashed like at all, it should hit.

I know right? Lili should have been speaking french.

Are you a mormon or something? This is JP bnb.

oh ok
so do you just make the followup command dash go a little bit longer than i'm doing it to make up for the distance?
are you not supposed to go b3 and immediately f2, instead going f, wait a second, 21?

>it just feels wrong

famous JP voice actors have done voice overs for hentai games where people get raped by orcs, impregnated by tentacle monsters and give birth to insects

they dont care lol

I played Bryan but switched to Maven because she has even higher damage

does she? can you post a video of her bnb?

if by followup comman dash you mean f after b3, no you just push 2,1 as soon as possible. 2,1 should hit if b3 did. If not your b3 might have been late or thant f2,1 was late.

i think i'm starting to get it, I feel like i'm also dashing too late after the screw
this is my first tekken so i'm not used to when im able to dash after screw, is it earlier than it looks?

I don’t have it on deck but where Bryan gets damage on counter hit, Maven gets damage from the wall. One combo from neutral that ends at the wall can take over half a life bar, and since she has such insane wall carry she’s almost never not going to get there. As far as I can tell, Akuma Chloe and Maven have the highest damage in the game.

> is it earlier than it looks?
propably.

Actualy I don't wait at all after screw. just press ff and almost imiadtly after that pres b3f 2,1

Maven has better combodamage even without walls, but her combos are hard to do. Bryan gets combos from ch:s, but damage comes from walls. His neutral hit JU combo does more damage than ch b1 for exaple.

huh, i'll give that a try in a bit then

maven's combos are hard but they aren't like the hardest shit ever. i think if you practiced them for like a day or two you would have them down pat. also i think maven has the best "one player" game in Tekken. the way she's able to just constantly fuck with people it feels like at times there's nothing you can do, more so than any other character in the game.

>all the god tier matches in TWT Finals
has any tournament reached this levels of greatness yet? SFV is so dull to watch and MVCI is even worse

2D fighters are all trash to watch. just first person to get touched and then you watch them get smashed for 2 minutes straight with a 400 hit combo with 3 20 second super animations and call it gameplay.

*crushes your mid*

which Josie move is that? there's too many