Long Lost Brothers Edition

vv still waiting for an Xbox One port vv
information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk (embed)

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Re-Forge Melee Weapons
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the boss fight that you unlock at the end of region 1 supposed to be difficult? I can only ever get 1 or 2 attacks off on him before he starts blocking it also seems impossible to tell when I'm actually going to stagger him when I attack him or not so I'm just waiting for him to use 2 specific attacks before I hit him - doing this the fight seems like it's going to take goddamn 15 minutes - am I doing something wrong? I also tried parrying some of his attacks but still not sure if it's possible or not

2nd for starting a party with the host and every mob on the map.

First for Co-op is borked on PC

Like I'm sure we all were right after entering ng+, I am extremely thirsty for an accessory with set requirement -1

Any specific missions or bosses where it's more likely for me to find one?

Just a heads up, the revenants that dropped the Tanuki Kabuto, Visitor Dragon Kabuto, and Good Fox Kabuto are all gone on the PC version.

Is there a way to leave LW mode at will?

You're not doing anything wrong; he's really fucking hard.

Isn't the bath house mission the best to farm one? at least I remember it being that way on PS4

Nah he's really tough especially right when you unlock him. Come back after a little while

how significant is the online component of this game? like I'm not going to pay $60 dollars for it but I might pirate it if the online doesn't matter.

Ah alright, the mission level is 27 and I'm a bit higher than that so figured it would've been easier than it was

Isn't the game 50 bucks?

Sheathe your weapon.
Mission levels refer to the gear and are more about comparing them to other missions, but don't listen to that other guy, keep at it and pull through, you can do it.

The recommended mission levels are more for gear, not your character level. But still his mission should probably be recommended a bit higher.

For example, if a mission is recommended mission level 60, it wouldn't be that hard if you were level 40 but had level 60 gear. But trying to do the same mission at level 60 with only level 40 gear would be rough

aah, thanks

Sheathe your weapon

Washing DC user, do you still need to do a NG+ coop game? Give me a (You) with a secret word if you do

>That part back in england at the castle just before the boss with the 3 Nu-Kellys and 2 Yokai

This is fucking bullshit.

Is paralysis a shitty status to inflict? Seems most yokai snap out of it after I get a single hit on them, which isn't much when I use kusarigama and tonfa. Seems good for buying yourself time to heal or buff, but not so good for damage

Kill the two yokai first then lure the kelly's back into the vat area and they split up a bit.
Paralysis only works on a single hit so for those two weapons it's kinda shit.

>Seems most yokai snap out of it after I get a single hit on them

That's literally how paralysis works

>tonfa

If you have charged attack, not sure about the name but it's for all stances and you just hold heavy-attack, aim it at their back.

What region are you anons playing from? I picked Miami US because it's the closest US server from where I'm actually at

as someone who played 2 regions with the pirated version, then switched to bought version, the online components are quite useful, not to mention you are going to miss the whole Clan thing, which is basically glory and stuff for equipment you don't use.
More phantoms to fight is the thing I'm loving more than else so far, they give good stuff and add a bit more variety to the base game's phantoms.

Of course you can cheat engine glory, which you get very slowly without the clan thing, if you stick to the pirated version that is.
You could use cheat engine on the legit version aswell but are you a faggot enough to do that?

make sure you turn on all the information bar displays in game settings so you can see his ki bar

use tonfas for dat extra ki damage and go mano-a-mano with him in knife range, don't give him enough room to use the long range "hah fuck you" charged attacks

Can't kill the 2 Yokais first as they only come out of their chamber after the Kellys come out and by that time i have 5 shitty enemys on my dick

GOD DAMN IT WHY CANT I FORGE OR REFORGE JUST ONE ELEMENTAL WEAPON

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE

What's the best way to dump my trash loot? Offering, selling, or dismantling? I've been offering so far, but I figure I should be doing one of the other too. So far I don't buy anything or use crafting materials for anything but I figure I'll start needing to use money and materials for blacksmith shit in NG+

if you didn't play the game yet, Phantoms are like those signs you use on dark souls to summon someone to pvp, except it only summons NPCs.
and said signs replace the blood death mark of dark souls, meaning that if a player dies in that place, you can fight an AI controlled version of him that can also drop part of his gear

It can be really useful if you can apply it fairly often, which is why it's actually really good with those weapons. You need a bit of control to get the most out of the actual infliction, but at the same time you can just keep rapidly inflicting it over and over to cancel their attacks, which can be very useful on yokai.

Hit the vat they are in, it triggers them to spawn.

Why are soul match costs so completely outrageous?

Post Willies

I just bounce off as if i was hitting a wall.
Was literally my first instinct when i came into the room and saw the Yokai in there

You need to soul match items with the same rarity, type and name if possible (also the level difference makes the cost jump like crazy), in order to avoid getting jewed by One-Eye-fu

You can bring them down a bit by using the same equipment and using rarer materials, but yeah be prepared to spend a lot if you're increasing by a lot of levels.

either disassemble or sell if for glory imo

Paralysis is to melt humanoids with grapple.
Use paralysis grountraps.

I like Medusa Powders more for paralysis and the traps for poison. The cloud lasts way longer and you don't need to worry about them moving out of it.

>its another maze submission

for the love of fucking christ, please make it stop. This shit is pure fucking cancer. I love the combat to death, but when they throw this shit in it just makes me want to drop the game all together

wouldnt it be better to spam back Iais

What's the skill called where if you block soon after a perfect ki pulse, the block doesn't drain any ki? Can every weapon get it?

What are good Ninja items besides powerpills, and in what context I should use them?

What level?

>disliking the mazelike, multi-layered level design, one of the best things about Nioh
go back to your linear shit soulsbaby

So in late game when everyone's like level 200+ do you basically have to refarm entire sites every couple dozen levels if you can't afford to soup match up? Does level on its own do anything? Is there any reason to soup match a level 200 piece of armor if you're happy with its stats just because you're level 280?

>same enemies from the start of the game only now they hit for half your health
Just stop. Giant numbers aren't fun to fight
also every boss is lunge-sweep-grab repeat

Is this game worth buying for the online stuff or is it fine to just play an offline copy that I pirated

shuriken spam, and the traps/bombs

always

For starters, late game isnt 200, its 500+
No
Depends on level range. 300 to 304 is not a large increase if at all for some items, but 190 to 200 is
For defense bonuses that stop mattering after wise. If you are at that point you will already know how to bypass soul match costs entirely and have the ability to take a level 1 item to 300 if you so desired with no gold cost.

The Trail of the Master

no, its repetitive and tedious

>disliking a comfy bathhouse
shit taste

Nigger do you just want to summon me and I'll help you so you can stop crying?

any reason not to farm yasakini in trail of the master on wotd?

no you're just a moron who can't figure out a simple layout.

Can Tonfas be good? I got a ton of divine ones but I keep hearing that they're basically meme bait for how shit they are.

>Any encounter where they force you to fight multiple enemies
Just use your living weapon dude, fight their bullshit with your own bullshit.

But h-how

>play some one on pvp psn
>some how find a not so laggy br

nani

its a shame he keeps overspending precious ki accidentally rolling in mid stance

Quick google search says you should disassemble everything and sell the materials, it makes you more money that way, but there's no option to sell your raw materials at the blacksmith. Did they remove material selling since launch or something?

Play the game and find out. The systems to do so become readily apparent. If you really like a item lock it and when it becomes to costly to upgrade throw it in the storehouse until you can get to floor 30 in the abyss.

no idea how well they work later, but I've been rolling through my first playthrough with tonfa/kusari (mainly tonfa because they're satisfying to use) and utterly wrecking shit without putting any points in skill

They're fine, they just focus on Ki damage rather than regular damage. The meme is that anything in this game is actually bad. Except Flying Sword talismans, they're pretty bad.

>Everlasting Ki

If I stack it until 100%, do I still get staggered by attack if my Ki ran out?

So does the mujina/mimic only do basic gestures (the default ones saved on your shortcut) or do they just copy any gestures on your shortcut?
I kind of want to change them but I'm afraid it'll just make it harder to find the specific gestures in the complete gestures menu.

i've only seen him do one of the 9 shortcuts

Also does it only work in mid stance

I have never had to fight a single one and I'm on my first playthrough so most of the gestures I'm seeing them do are for the first time. You have plenty of time to find the right one

My frustration with this game is starting to reach a peak

for the fucking life of me, I cannot seem to get a decent elemental weapon through forging or reforging. Its fucking ridiculous. Guess ill just forge a fucking Raikiri

>level 190 ninja shitter build still viable on Way of the Demon
Hows about I respec and put all my body into skill

So I just finished the tutorial mission and went odachi/tonfa/doggo.

Do the odachi or tonfa have a way to parry? Also, does summing work the same way as it does in the Souls series with little signs on the ground?

Very annoyed by the region lock. I've managed to play two matches of PVP and basically every time I do co-op I get the same five or so people.

Just use talismans, they'll apply the effect quicker anyway

Could you soul match raikiri's lightning into another weapon?

Odds - Nioh
Evens - Slep

nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Re-Forge Melee Weapons are you sure you don't already have something from the same pool?

It's called Ki Pulse: Man. Once you learn it on one weapon it learns it for all of them, and there's one for each stance with an attack boost for high and a free dodge for low. You have to do the Perfect Pulse while in mid stance but you can change stance afterwards and still have the buff active until you block something. Also the more Ki you spent and recover from the Perfect Pulse, the longer the buffs will last.

No, it's not inheritable.

ele on weapons is shit anyways, dont bother going that route

Umi-bozu is making me want to quit playing. I either get booted off the arena or insta killed zap in the first phase.

don't move forward by yourself when you're attacking him. you're not gonna fall off into the water by weapon momentum alone, only if you yourself move forward
also use hyottoko masks for damage, they RUIN him

fuck. time to forge my ass off some elemental shit

Did you light the torches?

>tfw same

His laser has a huge telegraph to it, like with all of his attacks. The only way you could really get hit by anything in the first phase is if you hadn't lit the torches which is why I think the fight is so much better and designed to be fought without them lit.

I found it to be a pain in the ass to navigate the map, either I can near one shotted by mini umi's, shot into the water by ranged units, etc.

ill help u beat it user ;)

>want to help people
>nobody wants to summon me

How should I handle my stats? What weapons are good/viable? Is toughness more important that defensive multiplier?

I just got off the boat and I haven't ventured up the beach yet. How do I summon?

The way you think sounds cool or interesting. Every weapon is good and viable. Toughness determines the strength of your guard and hyper armour, defensive multiplier is your actual defense, but doesn't contribute as much as damage reduction % does, so heavier armour will always be quite a bit more effective defense-wise should you be looking for that.

you need a buddy cup that lets you summon buddies

Appreciate the help guys, this map in general just gets me angry and I make stupid mistakes.

You just got off the boat. You don't need a ninja right now.

>PC shitters wanting to summon for Onryoki and Hino Enma

i should have seen this coming

I've gotten a summon for that side quest where you gotta kill a kappa for stealing an incense burner.

>load up the game today, need to restock on elixirs
>load into an easy mission in the first area, where I've found all kodamas, set to elixir droprate buff
>I'm moving really sluggish, doing low damage, and getting shit on
>the fuck? check my gear after clearing the mission
>I was fashionsoulsing last night and left fucking warrior of the west gloves on, taking me over 30% and breaking my ninja set bonus

goddammit I feel like a fucking retard