Classic WoW General /cwg/

Vanilla Orgrimmar Edition

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SO9nYlMMvzU
youtube.com/watch?v=9nqjyM8vbZw
web.archive.org/web/20041210081520/http://wow.allakhazam.com:80/db/spelllist.html?class=Mage
youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wod models ugly

No more fighting, everyone be friends

3 Servers
BFA, Vanilla: Pure, Vanilla: Remsatered

fuck you

>can't just go into hibernation until the day Classic launches
This is fucking bullshit

behead those who insult dual specialization

HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE AUTHENTICATOR

I don't want any changes to vanilla.
Though how would you feel if they implemented the 2Hr loot trading window?
>Master loot is on
>ML gives your loot to someone else by mistake
>Need to ticket a GM to fix it

While you could just simply hand it over in seconds.
Is it too much effecting gameplay or QoL?

>I don't want any changes to vanilla.
>I want this change to vanilla.

????

give me levelling tips

I didn't say > i < wanted it, you fuck.

How would you or others feel about it.

If the debuff limit is removed, will shadowpriests be considered for raids?

do sidequests

avoid STV, fail to avoid STV, cry in a corner as you get ganked in STV

one will if you have ALOT of warlocks.

> I < don't want any changes to vanilla.
> I < want this change to vanilla.

????

Swifty is like 40 and he completely unapologetically shows shonen anime compilations on his stream and gets away with it because he's such a Chad

how do i avoid a zone as big and full of exp as stv?

>the state of pserver autists

They'll be considered if it goes up to 16. If it's removed entirely, I could see a lot of DoT DPS being more viable.

A suggestion I saw that I think might fit is if they gave characters in raids 'personal' rebuff slots, so that if you used an ability that caused a rebuff that would only affect your own damage, it would count as a separate thing rather than against the max 8 limit. That would let certain DPS specs function properly while still keeping the more tactical aspects of limited debuffs

just wanted to share this with you guys
youtube.com/watch?v=SO9nYlMMvzU

Do literally every quest including dungeon quests everywhere else and then grind around 500k xp (you don't)

you do not

>Though how would >you< feel if they implemented the 2Hr loot trading window?

It doesnt say ''but i want this ingame''.

>>Let's fix Vanilla.
>Class Balancing
>Raid/Dungeon re-tuning to bring it on par with the new class balance and more mechanics then 'don't stand in fire'.
>Heroic Dungeons or Keystone style dungeons
>Heroic raids that award slightly better gear and are much more challenging (think Mythic)
>Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds
>Retune gear to the stepping stones of dungeon -> heroic/keystone dungeon = normal raid -> heroic raid

Instead of playing the same boring shit that people have theorycrafted for years let's revamp it and make it more enjoyable. Instead of having two button rotations and hardly any bosses with more than one 'mechanic' we can get a challenging and rewarding game that gives gear based on skill rather than time investment. The only people who want 'pure Vanilla' are those who want to be handed the best gear by afking in 40 man raids and battlegrounds

Wait what. I didn't save this image.

by not going STV
classic doesn't has any kind of leveling issues
you can safely skip STV as long as you know what you're doing
still I usually come to do some booty bay at higher levels

so to skip stv i literally have to grind to 45?

that's good luck

Reminder private servers and nerfed.

>human HUH's in Westfall on Swifty's stream
>he immediately snaps to attention with a bewildered stare

Truly /ourchad/

>Streamers and eclebs are the only ones going to get access to the Alpha/Beta
>People who never played vanilla are going to give feedback

anyone multiboxes on the f2p private servers here?
i wanted to make 5 priests for killing dungeons and doing funs with just using holy nova, but im afaid that ill get banned very fast

Can MH weapons glance?

That's not how WoW beta works...

>classic doesn't has any kind of leveling issues
Grinding is optimal for a decent amount of the 30-50 range, even Joana's post-2.0 guides have grinding instead of running across the world back and forth to do a couple quests.

That's an inconsequential change that's ACTUALLY inconsequential. I'd be fine with that.

In general I wouldn't mind inconsequential changes but there are very few that could be made.

Like the 2h BoP trade window and connected flight paths are the only ones I can think of that literally do not affect anything.

warmane allows multiboxing. ares you can multibox without any software (so alt tabbing)

Tbh some grinds like the harpy grind at level 29-32 is because it gives you a secondary advantage of getting bigger bags so there's more to it than just a lack of quests.

all weapons can glance if the mob is your level or higher

There are many ways to make Vanilla better that are less game destroying than the changes the "pure vanilla" people keep asking to have made.

>i want to be btfoed once again
as you wish friendo
>New frostbolt benefits from being far more mana efficient
New frostbolt
2600.852.5=88.4 mps
Old frostbolt
(3000.85-25)3=76.6 mps
BTFO
>resistance debuff
>Add nerfed boss resistances.
Only fire and shadow resistance was nerfed to reflect later endgame builds. Not a single boss in MC or BWL has more than 75 frost resistance. In fact only chromatic and green drakonids are resistant to frost but if you're dpsing them as mage you're doing it very very wrong. Curse of elements ensures that only flat 3 levels resistance stays and you can't remove that no mater what you use or what your talents are.
BTFO AGAIN
>generating less threat
Completely irrelevant as only threat intensive fights are shazz and you gotta be a very special kind of idiot to overaggro there, Onyxia, but you're killing whelps there so not anAGAIN issue again and only real threat based fight - broodlord but you'll be specced arcane frost there anyway.
BTFO AGAIN
>a bigger mana pool
A whole 2% bigger, wow, 80 mana more, even with full evo its 160, cool shit, not even enough for one FB, irrelevant.
>and essentially about 8%+ passive crit
old fb
(515+200)3=23876.6=3.107
new fb (460+2000.69)1.082.5=25888.4=2.918
Its still more efficient.
BTFO

fuck private servers

It's funny how 3 times now you have posted this shit and all 3 times you ignored talents. But hey mental gymnastics I guess.

I do like how you added the 2% thing. So at least you're slowly starting to realize that the talents make the new frostbolt incredibly more powerful than the old.

dude please, i put effort in it, now be a dear and make a better shitpost so we can do some more memeing

that sucks, i guess i will just try it with my autohotkey setup and see what happens

Literally nothing wrong with this and I make a dozen posts per thread telling the QoL niggers to fuck off

Then why you never see retardins or 2h warriors with edgemasters? I know they don't need the +hit as much but still it's way too big of an dps increase to pass on.

>45 second - 2 minute bossfights
JUST LIKE MOMMA USED TO MAKE
youtube.com/watch?v=9nqjyM8vbZw

If I just want to be comfy is it ok to roll an alliance warlock? I don't know how annoying it is to be on the receiving end of WotF since I've only played horde

>that guy who doesn't realize Nostalrius based their HP and damage values on estimations and videos resulting in undertuned raids

I need a name for my female gnome.

Let's hear some suggestions

classic name for a classic server:
cumbucket

web.archive.org/web/20041210081520/http://wow.allakhazam.com:80/db/spelllist.html?class=Mage
Your effort is wasted because the "1.1" Frostbolt doesn't exist. The tooltip of the rank from 1.1 on Dec 10th 2004 is the exact same as it is in 1.12.1.

dpsslút

Is it out yet? I'm getting tired of reading your endless discussions

>special characters
cata baby...

Yeah it just released last night in two years.

Late 2019 when the BFA content drought kicks in my man, get hype

>this shit music

unviewed

What?

I've seen those in wotlk.

in pvp you don't need edgemasters and other glove items are just better like stronghold gauntless for disarm immunity

lmao

Abomination
if taken
Degeneration

Accents over characters were banned in BC and vanilla

>I don't know how annoying it is to be on the receiving end of WotF
It's pretty bad. If you do bgs half the enemy team is UD and on top of that you have to deal with shamans deleting your fears as well. I guess a positive is that raiding spots are somewhat easier to find.

I used accents in BC without any problem. That's the only reason I know alt+161, it was nearly indistinguishable from a regular i.

>he thinks meme totem is worse than 3 holypaladins every bg removing literally everything
1v1 you don't really use fear, you just spec sl dot and spam searing until its dead or use engi if you got it

youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c

We dont need pure because if they make remastered everyone will prefer it from retail fags to 1.12 pserver babs.

jesus they did a shitty job tuning the raids. didn't people clear naxx the first night?

>razorgore
didn't even need to do any of the mechanics, just zerg him down in 30 seconds

>vael
40 second fight

>nefarian
3 min fight, including phase 1. this was usually like a 15 minute encounter during vanilla

I AM GOING INSANE
LITERALLY ALL I DO ALL DAY IS BROWSE WIKIS AND FORUMS AND THREADS FOR VANILLA WOW
ITS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT
SHOULD I JUST BUT THE BULLET AND PLAY A PRIVATE SERVER?
I AM LITERALLY GOING TO DIE OF HYPE

>get a taste for watching some oldschool pvp
>go to twitch
>just a bunch of soyboys and swifty leveling to 60
>because leveling to 60 isnt boring enough you need to watch it
>go to youtube
>just some ron jeremy look alike playing auto attack the game

All I want is some vanilla pvp action.

you can fuck around on retro wow but I suggest you don't level at x1 rates or it's gonna kill the experience

twitch
.tv/vanillamagecom
twitch
.tv/moo_uk

> didn't people clear naxx the first night
they did, those people also spent 6 months on ptr clearing it
yes pservers have ptrs

nice links nerd

>"I will not bind Execute to R"

-no warrior ever

I will never unbind R from reply whisper

what's the problem, buddy.

sodapop watched some dank pserver 60 druid pvp in silithus
wish i could remember the name of the vid

>warlock pvp
>just don't use fear bro
Makes sense. Also I was talking bgs. It's not comfy if you're a lock. You can play around it in wpvp 1v1 sure but bgs suck dick.

yeah I remember that. Try looking in the vod

>finalflash subtly shilling himself on /cwg/
its literally how its done, you spam searing and instants and dots eat away thier hp and as for bgs playing against paladins with cleanse is by far more annoying, you basicly stuck with spamming shadowbolts because dots and fear get dispelled right away

>finalflash
that's a mage, dummy

Alex DM'd me said he's doing pre-alpha testing right now

main druid mage alt, still dies to rogues

>implying Alex wouldn't brag about that to as many people who would listen

alex...

i can't find this guy's youtube, impossible to google
link pls

he's under nda so he's only telling his close friends.

finalfurashu or something like that

execute is V

oh shit it is exactly this
why would he need to shill here when sodapoppin put it on his stream

why is every warrior a girl?

execute is alt t, t is bladestorm, v is equip 2h, fucking shitter
female animations are better, humans are pve bis

What is the most mobile ranged class in pvp?

I really enjoy kiting

290 - 15% = 256 mana
260 – 15% = 221 mana
Old rank 10
300 – 15% = 255 mana

You get -75 resistance from raid debuffs as you said. Real bosses apparently have a 145 resistance. With that info you can theorycraft that the -10 resistance form the new frostbolt gives about 3% more damage. Now I’m going to ignore mana gained from Magic Absorption since fuck that theorycraft calculation. I’ll also assume a very conservative estimate of 8% crit though it should be higher from Winter’s Chill.
So + 3% more damage brings the averages to 552 rank 11 and 460 for rank 10
Add crit which is a multiplier of 150% +100% from Ice Shards which is another 110 dps and 92 for rank 10
New totals 662 and 552
So ignoring spell damage. You got 2.6 dmg per mana , 2.5 dmg per mana and the old rank 10 which is 2 dmg per mana.
And quick dps calculation. 265 dps 221 dps vs 171 dps

Conclusions:
You do 25% more damage per mana just from talents and spells with 1.12 compared to 1.1.x
You do 150% more damage just from talents and spells with 1.12 compared to 1.1.x
Private server babies are retarded.

This retard...

wow, thanks for the math animes!