/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General 3376

Katawa Shoujo General #3376

Normies Edition

Previous Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free)
Summer's Clover (Unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS alpha: steamcommunity.com/groups/KSPreAlpha/discussions/0/1291816880498430072/
Pastebin: pastebin.com/Wp8y08x2 (embed)
Writebin: pastebin.com/PpGnE3nc (embed)
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/6Z28iW1x (embed)
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
Shimmie Replacement: cripple.booru.org/
KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Hanako Image Database: hanakoisbestgirl.com
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
"I'm such a failure, I'll never find my Katawa" pastebin.com/B8bLKPz1 (embed)
Crud's "Where Are 4LS Now?": reddit.com/r/katawashoujo/comments/6v2zkb/the_where_are_they_now_post/
KS fanfics: fourleaffics.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:/ksg/
Halloween 2017 fan content collection: pastebin.com/rcU3M8G7 (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQlIPOTbuH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love Lilly!

1st for wahahaha

I made the other thread, I'll just leave it to get deleted.
But please put more effort into the OP next time.

Shizune might not be perfect(no one is) but she is a beautiful human being who deserve love and happiness, and I would be more than willing to try and give it to her

youre a good guy, user

but isnt she an overcompensating tryhard

i require an inquiry on which grill is the purest. only hymens will do

Is there anybody who you wouldn't call a beautiful human being who deserves love and happiness? Are there any like that in KS?

probably Hanako or Rin

>Is there anybody who you wouldn't call a beautiful human being who deserves love and happiness? Are there any like that in KS?
Only Nomiya and Jigoro (doesn't learn sign language for his daughter jesus christ).

the player character in some routes

Hi all, pls read, this is a first for me.

I stumbled on Katawa Shoujo last week, because I was sick and had nothing to do. I found it after seeing the emi minefield pic. I dont even really play video games. So I made the mistake of racing through hanako’s route, skimming most of the act 1 dialogue or skipping some altogether. Afterwards I went about my day, but as I was going to sleep, I kept thinking “hey, that was actually pretty emotional, I’m feeling things that I only ever feel from reading a really long good book”. So the next morning, still being sick, I strapped myself down and forced myself to take it seriously, just to see if there was more to it. Lilly’s route. It (blind)sided me like a semi truck. I didn’t even think I liked her character that much, but I legitimately hadn’t felt like that since a family death or a breakup. I can’t even explain it, the music was the big kicker I think. It just flat out broke me. Well, now I’ve been reading around and lurking here for a few days (I kinda read brief summaries of the other routes). I wanna do the rest, but I’m almost saving the other three routes for when I really want them, like an emotional commodity, so to speak. Particularly emi, I feel like those few hours will be a bit of an event for me, I feel like I have a lot in common with that character, and also know already that its going to remind me of a highschool girlfriend a couple of years ago (personality).
I have surgery coming up in several weeks, not life-threatening like Hisao in the game, but it’s still kind of hanging over me. I feel like one of these will mean a lot to me while I’m recovering in the hospital. I’m planning on playing the emi route, but I also have shizune and rin left. What would you do, esp. for pacing? I just don’t know, since I’m not in very deep but I get what these take out of me/mean to me, wwyd in my situation? Should I stick to books until emi or let myself enjoy the ride?

forgot pic

>DID YOUR MOM GIVE BIRTH TO A MINEFIELD?

wasn't ready for this

Definitely don't keep Shizune's for last. Most people rank it as worst route and worst girl (those people are monsters tho).

I'm obviously biased because she's my waifu, but I think Emi is best route best girl.
From the random polls/rankings I've seen around here, Emi being better girl than Rin seems a popular opinion, but I see lots of people who think Rin has best route.

If you've played 2 paths already you must have a pretty good idea what kind of people Emi and Rin are, just with the act 1 stuff. Well, they're all tenfold in their path (rin's weirdness/funny lines etc.., and emi's playfulness, teasing, etc.. ).

Pick your favorite, and then either play it first or keep it for last. I personally kept Emi for last.

"on" not "to". my mistake

id hug you. anyways i find emis route a bit cliche, as soon as you get hints to what it is youll know. also she isnt purewiafu.

Yeah is right on Shizune. Not that she sucks or anything, her route is very mediocre in the choises department and it sour the playthrough if you leave her last, as it feels like you are less invested in Hisao's decisions, because you have no agency in it.

Other than that Shizune is great, just don't leave her for last.

I would keep Rins for last, it is definitely the route with the most feels.
It will maximize the hollowness you feel after being done with KS.

>press f to pay respect for my sides.

text walls like this are why we need "reddit spacing".

Shizune's non-alpha route is absolute shit, not even worth going through except to drive Misha into despair which is always fun. Rin's route is personally the strongest in the game, despite being the least traditional love story. You'll enjoy that one last.

you can play emis route by trying to be neutral with all the girls i found out. probably not the one you want to be saving for last. i personally didnt like it

is alpha text something you patch into the game?

No it's a separate download. Play Shizune's route anyway, some people like it.

play Hanako's

i tried playing lillys but i think it derailed into rins. man this is hard. i dont even get off to the lewds so im banking on the feely writing

Reminder
>Never pull a blind person, or change direction or elevation unexpectedly
>always hold out your hand and allow them to find it
>Never walk with your hands in your pockets while leading
>if a noise spooked you it frightened them, try to explain what it was
>if you go shopping with a blind person, prepare to explain everything and read a lot of labels. Do not sound annoyed.
>they can't see, be careful around them when they have a knife, or just in general. Many eyes have been poked
>I feel like it can't be stated enough that you have to explain everything. Maybe a paper fell and it made a noise, to you it mightve just been a paper falling, to them it could be anything. Noises can be terrifying
>the other senses are superbly important, especially hearing. Do not restrict the ears, headphones are a no go, unless in a comfortable setting or when using voice assist on the iPhone.
>the sense of smell is amazing, I've been sniffed out in crowded rooms
>iPhone has some of the best disability assistive software around, except the recent .0.3 update was a downgrade [totally anecdotal. Poll of 3 people]
>canes reach up around chin or nose height. Also they tend to be "comfort objects" and can cause much distress if the individual does not know where it is or they are holding it at all times. Do not mess with them, do not move them, or hide them.

Lilly's alpha route is fucking garbage, don't waste your time.

I thought Shizune and Hanako were the only ones with significant differences in alpha.
Is that not the case?

How so?

good thing im not blind or sociable. also is bullying blind people in an effort to rustle lilly fans ok

Alright let's try this /ksg/. See if we can find patterns. No lying or you katawaifu will cheat on you with the antique shop guy.

-Waifu among the main 5 (if she's a side girl, or if you don't waifu, just pick your favorite GIRL - not path) :
-Most physically attractive to you among the main 5 :
-Age (if you're shy, just go with 29).
-GF(bf)? (have one, had one/many but single now, never had one) :
-Job/School/Neet? :
-Virgin status? (Virgin - Did some stuff but not much - Did the whole thing)
-Gender? (hey, you never know) :
-Do you consider yourself more intelligent or funny? (you gotta pick, even if both/none) :

-Development question if you feel like it :
Why do you, personally, think you like your waifu so much, while others might not?

Hanako

>is bullying blind people in an effort to rustle lilly fans ok
if it makes you happy I'm sure Lilly would approve.

im emotionally braindead and have no libido
girls are gross but anime seems ok

You'd do it either way

From the perspective of a Lillyfag:
Lilly is from South Africa instead of Scotland, which is the only major difference that isn't a detriment.
In her alpha route, she comes off as almost whiny. Instead of her going to Scotland, she spends like 2 weeks in the hospital for a fucking tonsillectomy and plays the poor me card the whole time.
Take Akira, and split her personality in two.
The fun "I'll bring some wine for my little sister and her friends" part gets ramped up into "WOO LET'S GET DRUUUNK" and applied to Yuuko, who is Lilly's older cousin.
Akira on the other hand, is now Lilly's YOUNGER sister, yet still goes around dressed in a business suit. Acts as the family spy for their parents and is overall kind of a bitch.

Never finished the route because I wasn't a fan.

Those changes actually sound pretty interesting, but I can see how it wouldn't play out.
I actually feel like trying the alpha at some point now.

>-Waifu among the main 5
Emi
>-Most physically attractive to you among the main 5 :
Emi, tho Shizune is close second. Maybe Shizune would be first if my heart didn't interfere here.
>-Age (if you're shy, just go with 29).
20-29
>-GF?
had 2.5, single now
>-Job/School/Neet? :
Job
>-Virgin status?
Not virgin but didn't do that much either
>-Gender?
Penis
>-Do you consider yourself more intelligent or funny?
Intelligent

>-Development question if you feel like it :
>Why do you, personally, think you like your waifu so much, while others might not?
emi is just straight up my type of girls. The playfulness, always playing game/being silly, wrestling together... The sex kinks (anal, grinding, etc..) willing to try everything, making puppy eyes/pouting... Can't explain why people don't like her. I do like her, and that's enough for me.

>Take Akira, and split her personality in two.
>The fun "I'll bring some wine for my little sister and her friends" part gets ramped up into "WOO LET'S GET DRUUUNK" and applied to Yuuko, who is Lilly's older cousin.
>Akira on the other hand, is now Lilly's YOUNGER sister, yet still goes around dressed in a business suit. Acts as the family spy for their parents and is overall kind of a bitch.

jesus christ that's horrifying.
I always liked akira and thought she was perfect as a side character - just the right amount of fun to get you intersted in her, without being over the top - but this... it's fucking terrible. That alone would make me not want to play it, even if she's not the main girl.

>Lilly
>Lilly
>27
>2 serious long term relationships in the past, long time single
>Full time employed
>Non-virgin
>Male
>Between those two options? Funny I guess.

>Bonus round
Lilly's story was something I didn't know I had always been looking for. I'm not too good with words, so it'd take a fucking novel to explain.

Yeah it was pretty bad. That on top of all the consistency issues related to a work that was clearly still a work in progress when it was leaked makes it a painful read.

wish more people would take this seriously as I'm curious too:

>Shizune
>Shizune, Lilly is close too cause half-Asians are hot as fuck
>under 20
>had 2 but single now
>I go to an excellent American university (it's not Brown)
>not a virgin
>male duh
>gotta say I'm more intelligent, I'm good at roasting people but sometimes I'm just mean and then people stop laughing

I think I like Shizune cause she's the kind of girl I like IRL: motivated, active, smart as fuck, and sophisticated. A long-term planner. I'm less lustful than most teenage boys, I would prefer to find a wife-material as soon as possible and then lay a solid foundation for a family so we can conquer the world together.

>-Waifu among the main 5 (if she's a side girl, or if you don't waifu, just pick your favorite GIRL - not path)
Lilly
>-Most physically attractive to you among the main 5 :
Lilly usually but sometimes I get in the mood for Shizune
>-Age (if you're shy, just go with 29).
>-GF(bf)? (have one, had one/many but single now, never had one) :
I've had one before.
>-Job/School/Neet? :
Going to college and have a part-time job.
>-Virgin status? (Virgin - Did some stuff but not much - Did the whole thing)
Virgin
>-Gender? (hey, you never know) :
M
>-Do you consider yourself more intelligent or funny? (you gotta pick, even if both/none) :
People say I'm smart, so I guess that.
>Why do you, personally, think you like your waifu so much, while others might not?
Hisao describes her as having a "relaxed confidence" which I really like the idea of. She's self-assured without being boisterous or vain.
Hisao also describes that they share "comfortable silences"--the idea that you can be close to someone without having awkward silences. Lilly is that sort of person that's comfortable to be around.
A lot of her qualities I find very desirable. She's very kind and caring, and she is reserved yet knows how to be cheeky and have fun. She's a romantic, too, which I find really appealing I'm not sure how to explain it, but with Lilly I don't feel the need that I'd have to put up a front or anything. I just feel like I could be myself with her. Some of the other girls I don't think I'd click with, but it's not really like that with Lilly.
Some people might think she's boring but I could have a lot of fun doing what she enjoys with her, and I could easily see introducing her to some of my interests as well. In regards to why others wouldn't like her: I think she's generally very wise, but she's not infallible. She makes some lapses in judgement sometimes, but that's okay. Personally, I think better communication was all that was needed to amend those issues.

desu just give me the one that will look at my direction, theyre all cute, although i dont know which ones are virginis

Emi
Emi
Had one serious and a few casual, single now
10 hour day job
Banged da pucci
Dude
Funny i guess

Because I'm shallow and like to live vicariously through people that lead more active and upbeat lifestyles than I do.

Don't tell aura

Lilly and Hanako say they are, but Rin probably is too all things considered. But I don't think being picky is the best thing to be, user.

I guess we're doing this.

Rin or Emi
Lilly
Have had both, single now.
Wagecuck
Non-Virgin
Cock-swinger
Funny I guess

Both Emi and Rin are very relaxed and just seem enjoyable to be around. Neither are really my taste for waifu but my favorites in this case. Why anyone would dislike them are beyond me.

>i dont know which ones are virginis
you're supposed to be talking about yourself lad, and your preferences....

It also had that yuri dream Hisao has which was very gratuitous
But in regards to her heritage, I think scottish is much more interesting that SA

i like your explanation a lot! couldn't have put it better

I'm glad someone does.

Lilly
Shizune
Never had one
Shitty minimum wage job
Virgin, never even held a hand
Male
Neither

i need pure wiafu because psychology or something rooooooooo.
i am undesirable, id like a qt virgini though, i could handle most of the girls personalities if thats what youre asking

thanks anons, really. I'll keep all this in mind. Ill try to follow up on one of these threads in a month or so about how things turn out, if its worth telling.
Until then, i'll lurk

>I would prefer to find a wife-material as soon as possible and then lay a solid foundation for a family so we can conquer the world together.

Feel the same... Shizune is great for that too. Just the perfect ratio of serious and fun. You don't want to be with someone who's always serious because your life will be a living hell, but you don't want someone who's never serious either...
Shizune is well balanced in that regards.

How do you expect to get a pure waifu if you're undesirable?

shoulda let those axis folks win the war, might have more lillies walking around

Well, I haven't found any Lillys here. Maybe I should search elsewhere.

who needs to win wars to get more emi and shizune?

i dont, but i would like one, but i know it wont happen. what can you eh? nature has never been really kind to the boys

Is it even possible to change your life

landmines and deafness from explosive trauma occur regardless of who wins

Of course, its hard as fuck most of the time but its achievable.

why does no one have love for the pz.4 A?

hope so, but i doubt it after a certain age, they say it gets harder for your brain to learn, and thus change, when you get older

sre pianos naturally feely instruments? this piano makes me feel

it most definitely is. you have to be willing to do what needs to be done, and not find excuses tho.

It starts with the body.

Will Suriko treat her as badly as Hanako?

I did that for a few months but got bored and gave up.

>this feel train if a game
i think im gonna be permanently more miserable after this. anime is a nice aesthetic, starting to prefer it over the real world

No, Suriko didn't make Hanako so thats why he wrote her route like shit

You'd have a hard time finding any girl in any fiction who was treated as badly as Hanako

He didn't make this girl, either.

Fitness is super important, but serious change of mindset is absolutely necessary or else you'll lose interest.
When I made my change, I looked in the mirror and learned to hate the person staring back, and tried to destroy the old me.

but being fit doesnt get the gf

Newfag here, just started playing KS like a week ago. I have to say that it was pleasant. I went for Lilly since she caught my attention the most of all the girls.

I got the good ending in my first time playing the game, It really rustled my feels because I though she leaved while the MC died or something. I guess I'll play it again to go for the other girls, I haven't played any other route yet but personality wise Lilly is my favorite.

What?

Consider her raped and trapped in a loveless relationship.

Oh well in that case she's doomed

I was in your situation. I didn't find any girls I liked more than Lilly, Personally I found Rin's route to be very well done, better than Lilly's route even. Emi's route is pretty good, too, though she isn't really my type.

Fitness is not a story with a start and an end. It's something you do to your life and never stop doing because you respect your body enough to maintain its beauty.
The mindset to get started and stick through tough times is necessary, you're right. Once I started lifting though, my mindset changed and I got a *LOT* more right-wing, I think it must have been a hormonal change or something. First few months I caught myself thinking "why am I doing this? muscles aren't useful in everyday life.". A year later I am disgusted at the very idea of not being in great shape. Nobody convinced me of anything, my mind started thinking that on its own.

You're right, but girls that don't like fit guys aren't worth it anyways.
youtube.com/watch?v=iQlIPOTbuH8

>favorite
I'd have to say Hanako, even if I haven't finished her route yet man.
>physically attractive
Hanako
>Age
>GF
Never had one.
>Job/School/Neet
School, might have a job soon.
>Virgin status
Virgin
>more intelligent or funny
More intelligent.
>Why
She seems to be focused on how she comes across to other people, while I tend to ignore doing that. I feel like people wouldn't like her from disagreeing with how she acts in response how she handles herself socially.
It's really easy to make simple changes man, you just start doing something you wouldn't normally do, and if you want to do change something major, you just make more small changes.

rin's acts 2 and 3 are different. i liked her much better in the alpha

Thats all true, my personal example just has more to do with just being a loser than being out of shape.

hi cutie

Lilly
Emi

Hey man, why are you calling me that, and how are you, anything good happen recently?

He thinks your a girl because you didn't include gender.
L-London?

>why are you calling me that
you skipped 'gender' thus the implied implication that you're a girl

i havent gotten lillys route, accidently got rins. although lilly is shaping up to be top tier 14/88 material. all the girls seem huggable, but i guess thats due to the cripple appeal. except emi, shes a roast. man if getting a comfy life was as easy as crippling yourself

varies between emi and shizune
as above, but hanako is very close
>29
have one currently
job
whole thing
m
tough call here, both
i think they share a lot traits that i admire: dedication, desire for self-improvement, discipline, drive, selflessness, playfulness, competitiveness, and both are cute and seem good at the sexytimes

Gender is male in this man.
I see then, I missed that when making the post man.
It was just a mistake man.

Nah Lilly is like 80/88

this game really makes me want a hug that realistically ill never get

>anything good happen recently?
Do good things ever happen anymore? Think I forgot what it feels like when good things happen.

Solid effort-post.
Yeah Lilly definitely comes off as the easiest person to talk to in KS, once you gets past the oh shit shes blind phase.