Minecraft General - /mcg/ - 'Niño Rata' Edition

Previous thread →

► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, building ideas, etc...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds! (penises)
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[ ! ]For 1.10+ Use foamfix and Optifine with terrain animated turned off

► 2. NEWS

[30 jun 2017] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download.
> imgur.com/a/NeywO

[14 may 2017] GoG update is finished
> mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

[02 jan 2017] Asie has been working on asie.pl/foamfix/, which remedies 1.10+ RAM issues,
as well as a few others, github.com/FabricMC, [YouTube] Silent Charset update.

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

/mcg/ General text (use it to contribute news and info for the next thread!)
> public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

Modding Tools & documentation
> mcforge.readthedocs.io
Curse downloader
> github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader
Explaination of how do stuff for newfags
>public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
> serblist.com
> docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

Ideas & Inspiration
> mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
> elworrier.imgur.com/
> imgur.com/a/JPif9

Castlefag's map
> mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AquQ-J6U0Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=XcO5XfMKNVU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to be part of a medusa´s statue garden

user this is not the place to be discussing your shitty fetish

1st for Pannin' fer Gooold

youtube.com/watch?v=AquQ-J6U0Gs

should be the easiest to emulate with all the statues and monstergirl mods

nth for azacock worships azanor's cock

Is veinminer/excavation MAWPC tier?

has sneed made any progress on the feed and seed mod after taking over for chuck?

everything that increases resource acquisition is mawpc
I prefer stuff like quarries though over just manually breaking entire ore veins

I should really make something like this. I'm going to have to worldpaint a large chunk of the boring landscape on my old save into a big ocean so I can sculpt an island in it.

Theres no mod to set up what can grow in what biomes for 1.10 and onward? How is that possible?

Is there any non-bloaty animal mobs mod? No memevers.

realistic livestock?
animals+ if someone makes a config?

i still haven't got much response so i'll ask again
where and what should i build for my house?
keep in mind that i'd like to do an underground museum since i have the archeology mod
also if you want to know what's beyond the biomes i posted, i can tell you

Reminder

I'm looking for a mod that adds a bunch of content and things to do in the endgame, sort of like what Draconic Evolution did, so you can actually put your (previously) endgame machines to use. Is there anything else out there that fits the bill?

WildMobsMod

You could hang a building in that arch or build up high and have a basement inside the mountain for your museum

>make new pack with RFMAWPC tools, Extra MAWPCtilities 2, and Actually MAWPC for the first time
>actually having fun
balance be damned

why

Because Horses looked too good, so they did the reasonable thing and made them derpy retards like most other mobs

Because clearly, the biggest problem horses have is looking too good

>horses look better than the other mobs
>so... improve the models of the other mobs?
>no, make horses look like shit too!

Imagine getting paid just to think of new ways to fuck up minecraft even more.

Don't know what you're talking about, horses are fine and not buggy at all. I particularly love the way my 1.12 vanilla horse regularly turns invisible on dismount and forces me to reload the save to get it to reappear.

>admits that the ocean needs new mobs and content
>makes it a poll of 4 mobs, one ocean mob
>the winning one gets implemented
when will they learn? when will they learn?

bunp

Yes but since it's convenient as fuck I don't give a shit

>It's not a comfy gigantic whale-thingy

These things, they really scared me back in the day.

I have a query for anyone with a decent understanding of vanilla mechanics.

Can i build a villager breeder and iron farm as a singular contraption? Or will they not be compatible.

second minecon mob

how about a pair of stubby little towers either side of the water with a house bridge?

>Reika claiming that most people don't have performance issues because of dragonapi
Bullshit. Is there anyone here who gets 400+ FPS in vanilla on average, and whose FPS doesn't drop after installing dragonapi?

How does one manage to master the autism that is automation?

You don't need to bring this up multiple times every single thread.

But what are you going to do with all that FPS? As long as it stays close to 60 everything should be fine.
And comparing vanilla MC to Forge isn't fair at all.

alternating between non-OP playthroughs and OP playthroughs can be fun. OP is enjoyable when you haven't actually experienced it in a long time.

This thing is supposed to fly or swim???
Inb4 why no both

>And comparing vanilla MC to Forge isn't fair at all.
Forge runs better than vanilla so that doesn't really hurt what I'm saying.
>But what are you going to do with all that FPS?
The higher your initial FPS, the higher your endgame FPS.

If "impacted FPS" should be expected from dragonapi then I don't have a problem with it. However Reika claims that most people don't have this issue.

reika is a lying entitled furnigger, what the fuck else is new

>If "impacted FPS" should be expected from dragonapi then I don't have a problem with it. However Reika claims that most people don't have this issue.
It's completely possible for something like DragonAPI (which puts its greasy cock in the rendering code) could affect certain systems more than others, and that a minority might have big FPS drops.

Note that I said something "like" DragonAPI. DragonAPI specifically will definitely drop your FPS.

why is he blatantly lying about it then. or does he really not know?

He's a furry. The kind of fucked up alternate reality that he experiences is completely foreign to any sane person.

I personally have never been tempted to take the dragon dick, but there's no point complaining at the people who do. Reika a shit, everyone is aware of this, some people enjoy the mods anyway, who cares.

when did anyone complain about people who use reika's mods

it's fun how horses are unreliable messes yet chocobos work perfectly

Like I've said before, DragonAPI is a steaming pile of furry shit, but Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft are legitimately good mods.

>DragonAPI is a steaming pile of furry shit, but Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft are legitimately good mods.
Agreed. And it pains me. Chromaticraft looks fun too but FPS slows to a fucking crawl so I won't bother with it.

>master
you can only scratch the surface by reading wikis, the rest is wizardry

The fact that he will NEVER EVER update to meme versions alone makes me with to accommodate the dragon dildo in my ass. Rotarycraft might be fun.

Does anyone here have experience modding with WorldSavedData? I'm kind of confused about the usage.

I want to save some data to the world. I've extended WorldSavedData, and I have methods to get my data out of any given World. But, this data is different per World (Nether and Overworld will have separate data, for example). So, do I need to have a instance of my extended WorldSavedData class for every dimension ID? Should I be writing a wrapper class that stores a map of ID -> WorldSaveData?

I've found a lot of information on how to read and write from NBT (which is the trivial part), but I've found very little info on the best practice for actually storing and using WorldSavedData classes or how this shit is supposed to work.

I think you should be able to do that. Keep the center of the "village" where golems should spawn. Then find a way to sort baby testificates away from the room, so they keep shitting out babies while the population is constant in the room to keep golems spawning.

That second part is tricky though. Usual village breeders leave one villager in the actual village, but another two of them are placed in an area that's inside the breeding radius, but outside the box that counts the population. You can't do this in an iron farm since having 1 villagers prevents golems from spawning.

I thought this was someone's shitty texture pack when I first saw it. I can't believe they're actually changing the classic look of vanilla items into this shit.

Fuck, even Notch said that even though some of the textures were boring and a bit out of place, he never re-did them because they became classic simply because of how long they were in the game.

They better keep updating the "classic" texture pack they said they're releasing with the new textures.

Why isn't this villager harvesting the wheat? He plants them just fine, but harvesting it he doesn't.
i used this design youtube.com/watch?v=XcO5XfMKNVU

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>vanilla automation

On the plus side, this latest plot twist is tempting the vanillafags I know to ditch memeversions.

Honestly those are pretty OK textures, but they really shouldn't be messing with the base game's aesthetic.

>A neckbeard's placeholder art
>aesthetic

so if i was trying to avoid inbreeding while letting my livestock breed randomly how many of each species should i aim to have?

How much of a math nerd are you? because that shit is a wild ride, and is defined by which percentage of inbreeding you are okay with

neckbearded are generally smarter than sycophantic circlejerkers

>wonder where all the passive mobs went since I didn't have to shotgun anything eating my crops in a while
>open map
>see this shit

The time to replace the vanilla textures was 5+ years ago. At this point they're the iconic look of Minecraft and have appeared on a shitton of merchandise. This change makes no financial or artistic sense.

courage

>At this point they're the iconic look of Minecraft and have appeared on a shitton of merchandise. This change makes no financial or artistic sense.
This. What the fuck are they doing?

I can't tell whether your shader+texture pack combo is simply that horrible or whether your livestock have literally fallen into a lake of sewage.

Mod for goats?

well the hills i live on for the moment have a good eight separate families of llama but only two groups of cattle
and worse yet are the lone group of horses clearly five is not a very large number and im not exactly sure how much wild horses like to breed, not that i would need a massive stock of horse meat
people judge you if you eat horses

>those items
Did they go halfway into Coterie and then just gave up or something? That pie and that feather look particularly awful, and that redstone looks nothing like the rest of the items. It's like they worked on a higher resolution, scaled everything down and patted themselves on the back for doing a great job.
It's fucking amazing how immediately after the update that oversaturates colors and adds >Terracota, they're working on the update that makes MC's visuals even worse than they used to be.

Guys how do I learn to stop building everything super compact, ugly, and laggy?

And learn to spread stuff out?

guess it's the shader?
never really used any other so I don't know if only this one does water like this

animania

>hanging some building in that arch
it will look more like a tumor
>basement inside the mountain
i already thought about that, it's a great idea and i could put a lil garden with a roof of glass since i've got a flat surface just close by but the only problem i have is how? do i build a tower at the edge or some sort of house cliff?
i'm not really fan of living in a brigde

That neckbeard's placeholder art had some sense of consistency. Everything looks like shit, but you can easily tell that they're all from the same game.
These updated textures feel like they looked at the most popular resource packs on planetminecraft, flipped the list upside-down, and mashed one of each texture together in the same pack.

>1.10
reeeeeeeeee

Plan before you build.

>change all those textures
>except the grass which is objectively worst texture in the game

Shit like this and the new horse models REALLY makes me wish the community would just say fuck off to mojang, especially the modder part of the community.

I honestly don't get why great mods HAVE to be ported/created on the latest shit memevers.

the average retard is in the mindset that they have to play the latest version, modders follow them for the shekels

Honestly it is fucking amazing how shit the game has become since 1.7.10

>Can play 1.7.10 with 300 mods and shaders at 500fps
>Game takes 15 seconds to load
>1.10.2+ can barely run 5 mods with no shaders at 2fps
>Game takes 30 minutes to load and freezes during loading.

There are a few things from memeversions that are worth keeping, primarily elytras, they were a bit shit at first but when Mojang figured their shit out and added firework boosting they became fun as fuck.

Llamas, polar bears, parrots, husks and strays are all useless bloat and can fuck off. So can mansions, way too much travel for a bunch of boring melee mobs and a trophy item. It is nice to have a slightly more challenging dragon fight but nobody I know has ever found a use for tipped arrows. Terracotta, fucking Ztones blocks are easier to work into a build than terracotta okay holy shit this list is looking worse than I thought

They fucked up the entire games code so they could add useless content already done better by mods.

the answer is simple. the main drive going through jeb and dinnerbong's heads is "removenotchREMOVENOTCH". with every passing month I see more and more of the basis of his selling off mojang, that being that he hated basically everyone he'd hired but couldn't get away with firing them just for that.
they're practically lex-tier retards.

So Mob A will attempt to drown players crossing oceans and Mob B will attack players who haven't slept lately.
>being forcibly delayed and pulled out of travel mode in terrain you only want to get through as fast as possible
>being forced to skip nights instead of mining/fighting mobs for drops/generally getting anything done
Choose one /mcg/

I choose using bad mobs to remove both

I can only guess something something gamerule mobGrief?

>>being forced to skip nights instead of mining/fighting mobs for drops/generally getting anything done
>/fighting mobs for drops/
the obvious answer is B
but honestly i wouldnt mind having the kraken too if its not a buggy piece of sh*p

Ech, I'll just download/create/mix a resource pack for traditional textures.

Their new artist is also apparently a gigantic fucking faggot who lashes out whenever anyone doesn't like his shit.

im sick as a dog right now
POST SICKBAYS/QUARENTINES

> "removenotchREMOVENOTCH"
But horses aren't Notches creations, if anything, they're DrZharks.
Or are they trying to remove modded ties too?

i think you'll find Quarren is spelled with two of the r letter

well that still leaves the sickbay for you to post then dosnt it? ;)

>attack players who haven't slept lately.
It's kind of amazing how literally every single decision they've taken for the past few updates is some retarded dumb shit. Hell, in fact nearly every decision since 1.6.

my framerate is higher on 1.10 with almost one hundred mods, and this game has run like garbage since the SSP merge
stability is much worse and forge logs are nearly useless though

Sounds like an opportunity to me.

>Or are they trying to remove modded ties too?
They intentionally go out of their way to fuck the modded playerbase, wouldn't surprise me if it were the case with Horses

>Not skipping nights in order to farm the insomonster for the beds it will no doubt drop

I mean, come on.

why would you farm beds though?
maybe thumbcraft has some kind of bed essence?
or more likely this was sarcasm