Previous thread
>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34

>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Roguecel ended and was a bunch of numales talking about notroguelikes.

New Sil fork out.

ADOM r81 released for free, get it here adom.de/home/downloads.html

/dev/null tribute tourney has begun!
Play it at hardfought.org

Infra Arcana 19.2 released
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Chei. Gettin' here early so I can take it easy.

what are some roguelikes which let you consume soy products as a male character?

metal slug is the best run&gun and sil is the best roguelike

PCB is the best worst roguelike

probably CDDA or Elona

Elona and slex for sure
i think you can become a tranny in some way in tome2 as well

>Sil

Your roguelite is a mistake. I guess that's what happens when a person's design mindset has degenerated way too much ala Crawl memers and became too scared to grant the player an actual player option. The consumables are trash, the skills are trash, no spells, irrelevant ID game because the consumables are trash and you're left with a gameplay that's literally Metal Slug without guns but with stairs.

What's your favorite roguelike pastaanon

Tangledeep obviously.

tome combat > tangledeep combat = sil combat > doomrl combat > most other roguelikes combat > dcss combat > n*thack combat

I'm not that other poster but I agree with some of his badly explained shitposts.

The leveling system that consists mostly of getting +1 to one number in one role or taking a perk that gives you +3 to another in another role is not terribly engaging.
Increasing your accuracy by 1 point may be powerful and significant but it sure as hell ain't interesting, and as a result a lot of sil's leveling and gearing is pretty dull to someone who doesn't already have some level of mastery in the system and the experience to feel how valuable that +1 is.

I mean I see sil players posting about the "amazing weapon" they just found which is just like their current longsword but with 1 higher accuracy or 1 higher defense. If you're not already a sil player those numbers just feel shitty.

i like how waitrl is exactly in the middle

>tome "combat"
That's a good one sweetie. I've seen the same two stupid videos you post every time your shit game gets mentioned and shilled on every roguelike related forum on the net, but if I wanted to play a digging simulator for retarded autists I would play Minecraft instead of your botnet money laundering psuedogame. It's not even a roguelike, honey.

>new sil fork out
>no link to the release (which is also the changelog)
You really dropped the ball on this one. I'm very disappointed.

Is it unpossible to merge SilQ with mpaSil?

nothing's unpossible if you can be bothered

OP here, I don't play *bands but I thought notifying the people who would care and know where to get it would be better than absolutely nothing or a bunch of links to offsite chatroom cancer.

what all did mpa change exactly?
-free monster lore
-no perception checks for item id
-no christmas presents
anything else?
sounds pretty easy to implement yourself user

Eh, Sil doesn't have especial flashy loot by and large but that just sounds like distorted perspectives on the part of those Sil posters you mentioned.

Explain in less than 50 words how this differs from every single other traditional rl like dcss or adom.
Slugposter clearly hasn't played anything other than nu-roguelikes and is probably a goon shill.

I mean at least they're capable of enjoying the game.
When I play sil I have a boring and frustrating time leveling up, feeling like none of my levels actually do anything, seeing all the neat actually gameplay-changing feats that I can't take now because first I need to spend much more xp on +1tonumber...

the good/bad artefacts in dcss are noticeably different and it has some good gimmick weapons as well

What is this sil fork you speak of op and why the fuck didn’t you just put it in the op you dumbass?

fork is silq
op didn't put it in the op because he is lazy and doesn't care about sil, all he knew was that anons were posting about new fork

SIL DOESNT HAVE LEVELS YOU FAGGOT

i'm sorry user, which term would you prefer I use to refer to "spending xp accrued from slaying enemies in order to increase the level of my character's various skills"

farming

SIL DOESNT HAVE FARMING YOU FAGGOT

Pre-compiled sil fork releases + Changelog
github.com/sil-quirk/sil-q/releases
You lazy asses

??
the fuck do you think you are doing when you are sitting there killing shit spawning at stairs for the minimal xp they give

So are these fixes to well known balance issues that most everyone could agree were necessary or if I ask what the definitive version of Sil is am I going to get twelve different answers? I'd like to try it out but I hate the idea of getting off on the wrong foot by trying out the wrong fork.

>So are these fixes to well known balance issues that most everyone could agree were necessary
Name literally ONE (1) roguelike where this is the case.

Jeez just giving you a hard time op, I'm just glad you didn't shit up the op with ***cord links :^)

hellcrawl

adom

what the fuck
adom's tiles and ascii versions apparently have different versions for their options and keybind files
if you have both versions on your system at once, swapping from one to the other will trigger a "your old config was from a different version so we replaced it with the defaults" on EVERY STARTUP

why would you have one of those on your computer let alone both
fault

roguelikes where you can be american ?

slashem extended

/int/ memes are awful

>person who calls things pretentious does not know the difference between tactics and strategy, yet attempts to post as if they did
Interesting.

Steamband

Elona+

Yes. Heavy weapons are much more viable and blunt weapons work better against armored enemies by bypassing 1/4th of their armor rating. You can now beat Ancalagon to a pulp as a high strength dorf by smithing and wielding a 4d6 warhammer of dragonslaying.
What more could you want?

Nethack doesn't even require skill, it's all just wiki reading/trial and error.

Hm, maybe I could summon some high level ghosts later.

>no spellbooks in inventory
how did you summon a thing

/rlg/ needs more people posting their roguelike runs all over the thread.thless we play roguelikes the more we create an environment where people give more attention to shitposts and dumb memeposters thrive in.
You can do it /rlg/. I'm looking at PCB-R's user with his elemental and sword, the dcss fork posters, sil posting and everything. Even nethack, why aren't you posting your /null/ runs guys who are playing in Amy's team? We can take back our thread from the cesspit it has been progressively stagnating in the last two years. We can us our staff of light to illuminate the thread and send the trolls fleeing.
You know you can fight it, I believe in you!

Let's all play our best today!

In fact most classes may cast spells without the use of a book, yes.

i thought adom have in new versions just shit like new quests with no utility and uncomfortable interface for tards. as well as lagging look command and sjw female versions of monsters that is ugly drawn. and ofcourse general tiles of dungeon floor&walls and monsters is redrawn so your eyes will hurt from glossy monsters and overdetailed floors and walls

Actually, it was a Ring of Wizardry with A:Summon Phantasmal Servant

Fuck you, Richard.

>elemental and sword
Elemental is retired and living a comfortable life as a cyclone in third world countries. Sword died a pitiful death.

Going Steel Dragon, now. Can't go wrong with pure, brute force.

Haven't found any good resistance, yet.

>Steel Dragon

i am truly sorry for your lots

concentration is apparently mana regeneration, and literacy affects fail rates of scrolls
but aside from that none of these skills seem useful at all

Ffffuck, are they bad too? I wanted to try something strong, but interesting.

>I wanted to try something strong, but interesting.
Also, I'm open to recommendations!

This is PCB-R, so I don't have to worry about EXP penalties ruining my life... I think? Not sure how that works.

in early game you should max concentration and then first aid or maybe swimming. later food preservation is very useful and stealth is not bad at all.

well I probably will not get to use this advice since my naked mindcrafter just stumbled into a pit full of poisonous vipers
the confusion wave which cost nearly all of my pp doesn't seem to have affected many of them either

oh no what I actually died from was zapping my wand of ball lightning, which evidently causes self damage

mindcrafter one of the most hard classes

Ohh, this looks cool.

(pic)

yes but have you considered that psychic powers are cool

but for first games better choose some mage classes or barbarian, those are most easy. also don't play mist elves. never.

second character

elegant tactical gameplay: always kick doors open from a diagonal or you'll be murdered by traps

better though just don't kick doors while walking around with 28 hp

oh no

sounds like GearHead with less anime.

I prefer adom since you can find truly ridiculous weapons early [not even arts] and carry them through the entire game [one of my winners was a drac w-smith with a normal steel longsword of devastation]

that and I like wading through popcorn

psychic powers are cool but not when your dedicated psychic power keybind is fucking ctrl + i and it can't be changed

i would worship this things pussy and/or dick.

oh neat there's an enemy that hits to paralyze and shares its glyph+color with a different, more common, easier enemy
I guess you have to 'l'ook at every z to avoid instadeath

You mean her opalescent cloaca

>play ADoM
>complain when it's shit
Do you also eat popsicles and complain when they are cold?

Retired as in dead or parked
Did you win

i want to kite her into a kill-hole away from the prudes that inhabit holy pan eat it out while she holds my head there greedily and makes my scalp tingle with those holy branded claws.

If you don't have stockholm syndrome for hacklikes don't play them. Wow that was hard.

Damn it user, I've jerked off twice today already.

Try the rune sword with that dude and buy a whole equipment of stuff to curse
You get 30 damaged with 0d0 and +2 speed while fully cursed so it gets pretty silly
Also permacursed items are a must for maladicts because of the spell that uncurses all your gear while healing you of 750 points with 40 sp since you can keep casting it over and over with permacursed items
Make sure to be chaotic so you get virtue enhanced spellrates

someone explain to me what "old pork" tastes like

>not giving her a pearl necklace
Are you even trying

now i see the wisdom of not kicking doors
it's fine though i still have 1 hp

lol, adom have the finest balance. at least in early game it's quite straightforward, late and mid game is another story.

Who did you mean to respond to?

I mean she still has animal intelligence so it'd be risky. She wouldn't understand and would probably just bite it. If you want an amiable response you need to make her feel good.

Parked. Was running low on heals, and my damage was incredibly mediocre. Wasn't worth hours of grinding to win.

Neato. ill give it a try later

I'd totally play a Metal Slug roguelike desu

It'd be a lot like DoomRL, I guess. Might be fun.

>DoomRL but with vehicles
Sounds good to me.

Ooh shit, that sounds good. Probably also could be simpler and even more arcade-y and fast.

this is fine

i wanted this

rather than engulfing, vortices in this game just blow themselves up in your face

[screaming intensifies]

OKAY I will make you proud and beat Tangledeep!

Liberal Crime Squad

I'll do that next week when I'm done with my shit

I wish there was a game like that.