/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>PS3
[Nov 14] OFW 4.82 released, possibly in reaction to the upcoming exploit (see below), you know what (not) to do
[Nov 8] esc0rtd3w has announced that an exploit is being worked on for 4.81 , with a goal for Christmas. psx-place.com/threads/official-firmware-4-81-exploit-software-downgrader-more-incoming-could-superslim-be-hacked.15389/
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution now possible (3.0.0) twitter.com/daeken/status/929249713974427649
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), do not update wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/2:-Preparing-&-Running-the-Kernel-Exploit
playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/
nds-card.com/
mega.nz/#!JHhC3biQ!JvEmQL68BjYrVDS_sDCDaMSsb13nNPXi3nMCSe2i7rU
playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps3-system-software/)
github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm pretty sure I'm just retarded, but on the off chance I'm not.

I'm following the Brazilian Title Install Method linked in the OP, and it takes me to a github page. Phase 3 from github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/blob/master/btimsg.md is "Phase 3: Setting up the SD card and Installing our Game

I'm assuming you've already followed the 'Kernel Exploit Prep Work: Setting up Your SD Card' guide from above."

The problem is I've never seen the "Kernel Exploit Prep work thing before. Am I blind?

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/2:-Preparing-&-Running-the-Kernel-Exploit

Bumping.

Bump

So the ps3 exploit is coming around Xmas
But for Super Slim could take almost half a year more?
Well I think i will wait then.
I suppose waiting in 4.81 is the best choice
I barely use my PS3 after P5 so i don't care about online.

Reposting from the old thread.
What kind of R4 should I get for hacking my 2ds 11.6?

My 3DS is on 11.5.0-38E

How fucked am I?

>dusted off a 5+ year old o3DS
>put CFW on it (it ran on 9.2 so it was easy even for a brainlet like me)
>upgraded the laughable 2GB SD to 32GB SDHC card I had laying around
>this is my first Nintendo console
>now downloading the Phoenix Wright trilogy
my country has a sole importer of Nintendo so they price gouge the fuck out of fanbois
/blog

Every 3DS can be hacked. Firmware doesn't matter.

Lovely, I'll get into the guides and crack on then

So it appears the 11.5 hack requires a soldering iron or a flash cart, neither of which I have handy.

Will this change in future?

>updating to a 64GB SDHC

>Will this change in future?
Probably not. Just buy a flashcard, they're super cheap and you can play the whole NDS library.

where can I get the ps3 4.81 update? I want to have it on hand for when the exploit drops

just update from your ps3

playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/

What Country?

has anyone ordered from dsflashcart? its one of the only places that takes my card but their site comes up as not secure for me. don't really want to get my shit stolen because I wanted a $20 flashcart.

thanks

Grab on from nds-card.com/

yeah totally ironic that I would have my bank account cleaned out for wanting to load homebrew.
you faggot.

Not that you are worried that you may be stolen from, when you are attempting to buy a device to steal from others

>steal
>imploding I'm stealing

I'll get one next week when I get paid then, any recommendations?

>implying you are only using a flashcard for installing 'only homebrew'

r4i gold 3ds RTS

I got the r4i gold 3ds RTS and it worked for magnethax, and can then be flashed back to play NDS games

show me the fucking carfax then

Sweet, cheers lads

>carfax
Nigga what?

Remember to back up your 3DS NAND, and don't skip any steps on 3ds.guide if you need one.

Has US/UM leaked yet?

Yes, Ultra Moon has.

ultrasun also

mega.nz/#!JHhC3biQ!JvEmQL68BjYrVDS_sDCDaMSsb13nNPXi3nMCSe2i7rU

Leaked on the 10th, where have you been?

Yes but it's trash

Show him the fucking Carfax ffs

That's not what he asked. I agree, but not relevant

do I need to be on 4.81 for the upcoming exploit? I'm on 4.66

ARMPIT PUSSY

yes

Fine, here.

>been more than 5 hours
>no rebug 4.82

Use the website, and a flash drive to update to 4.81. Do not update to 4.82.

This won't update to 4.82 will it? playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/

Come on son, can't you read? It says 4.81 next to it.

"Hi folks

System Software version 4.82 for the PlayStation 3 has been released today. This is a mandatory update that improves system performance"
>improves system performance
Yeah right.

It will.

Are you serious?

It won't, fuck off.

Try it then and film it.

Nigga it LITERALLY SAYS 4.81 NEXT TO IT.

It probably will though, the european website (playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps3-system-software/) downloads from the exact same source. They probably forgot to update the website.

Or don't, i'm already on 4.81 so I don't care.

I literally have the 4.81 update downloaded from the EU site from yesterday, i will upload it to MEGA or something if you want. If you trust me, that is.

They are different.

4.81:
2016_1101_b2483b4abc157494447c9c409c036041

4.82:
2017_1113_152d950c365ede4130c53ceb18dcd43b

Date and MD5 are different.

aight, didn't check

Told you, nigga

This isn't the right place to ask about this, but i'll try anyway. My PS3 has an issue when using HDMI that the screen has a blue/green tint and starts to have red pixels around elements on the XMB as well. I tried component cables and those worked fine, so it must be a HDMI issue instead of a GPU issue like I assumed. Different cables?, Different monitor? Still has the same results trying both. Any recommendations? Clean out HDMI port? Solder a new port on?

try cleaning it out

Will the 4.81 exploit work on older versions? Mine's on 4.80.

You can update manually to 4.81 so who cares.

I followed the guide on wiiu.guide, and now that I'm done, is there a way I can play NES/SNES/GC/ games on my WiiU with the WiiU Gamepad? I don't have a Wiimote/nunchuck so I can't play Wii games, but I do want to play NES/SNES/GC.

I'll see if it works. hopefully it does.

>PS3 OFW 4.82 released

I started playing online just a few days ago for the first time on PS3, does this mean I can no longer go online if I'm on CFW 4.81? has anyone tried with 4.81 or do they force you to update first?

Yes, no online on 4.81.

they force you to update. wait another 6 months for rebug 4.82 lmao

My understanding of rebug CFW I'm using has an innate firmware spoofer that can be easily updated but I'm not sure how it works exactly. Same thing with a homebrew for going online called PSNpatch I believe.

Alright, stupid question, but

I did a NAND Backup, and I've got a 32GB black console, so I used a 64GB sd card. I had all the homebrew software from the wiiu.guide on the same sd card, and did the nand shit. My sd card is now only half full.

Can I still use this sd card as my sd card to dump games to my harddrive attached to the WiiU, or should I have a completely separate sd card without all the NAND backup shit on it?

>[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0

Been out of the 3DS game for months, last I remember, I was using b9s with luma I think? Plus NTR with plugins to play an English patched Monster Hunter XX. What's the difference with this rei-six/reiNAND?

You transfer the NAND backup to a computer/cloud, and then delete it from the SD card.

Also don't lose the NAND backup, it is essential for re-flashing the NAND on the system should you brick.

post more Chad Warden pics and gifs pls
I've lost my collection a while ago

slim hax when

yeh that probably makes more sense, doesn't it.

Is the backup all the mlc.bin.part01- mlc.bin.part15 files sitting in root of the sd card?

Yes, as well as the otp, seeprom slc, and slccmpt

This is what mine looks like, mine is a 8gb model so obviously there are less mlc.bin.parts but that's irrelevant. If you don't have all of these, redump the ones missing

Alright, I got all those. Time to move them to my network drive. Thanks for the help guys.

sexuality

BREAKING NEWS
smealum is unironically gay

Is there an updated PKGI list? Obviously not with the 3.51+ games or whatever.

luma is coded by a tranny, reinand by an autist who likes anime, if you want to fully uncuck yourself go with cakes and brick your shit

>not recommending the patrician's choice, corbenik, which is written by a turboweeb

last time i checked that was homebrew only and you needed linux as your OS

Anyone here into the PS3 scene? Are they planning to support the Super Slim on this new hax? I got this console like 3 years ago and it's just sitting here collecting dust because no one sells PS3 games anymore.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

not here stallman pls

Have there been any big changes in the Vita scene lately? I still have to install the henkaku/molecularShell/whitelister stuff every time I reboot my PSTV. Surely there's an easier permanent solution already?

Only 1xxx and 2xxx will get the full version while 3xxx and 4xxx may get a HEN version some time later. The Super Slim is in the later category.

ENSO faggot

Probably but it'll take like a year and half more and that's if they manage to find a exploit for those models at all, i wouldn't count on it.

If i were you i'd just sell that piece of shit and buy a regular slim, why did you even buy it in the first place, especially since you apparently don't even have any games for it and it's just sitting in a drawer? Are you legitimately stupid? It's the ugliest console to date, even the toilet bowl sega looks miles better than the super slim.

having a 3001a slim is suffering.

I know this is copypasta, but I did not know these things and I would like to thank you for your shitpost.

Thanks user

Got it for cheap from a friend just to play GTA V, TLoU and some other shit that came with it. Not going to sell it because it's worth next to nothing now and to be honest I don't think it's ugly, just not cool as previous versions.

I will always educate people in here. And there's nothing you can do to stop me.

I did it, got a 3.0 switch. It only took me 5 different stores and 2 returned switches. Now it's time to install pegaswitch and wait.

then you will have to taste some proprietary software

You can still download game patches officially on PS3 no matter what firmware right? Want to grab whatever I can if I'm going to be using this again since getting a PS4.