/owg/ - Overwatch General

>A new map and a new hero were announced at Blizzcon, and are coming soon
>A bunch of Blizzard-themed skins are getting added into the base game and normal lootboxes (Nova Widowmaker, Protoss Orisa, stuff like that) sometime in 2018

>New hybrid map, "Blizzard World," coming soon
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3Hce3_fOw

>New offensive healer, "Moira," now on PTR
youtube.com/watch?v=8tLopqeL9s8
youtube.com/watch?v=6ETybQd4uRE (origin story)

>Latest animated short
youtube.com/watch?v=sQfk5HykiEk
youtube.com/watch?v=OOhvSKCfCTQ (behind the scenes)

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.co

>Previous thread:

First for mercy best girl.

>inby SHE'S OUT posts

she's not

:(

Reminder that Michael Chu should be deported.

Virgins play female heroes

Patch isn't out. I just tested Ana.

Here comes T.Racer!

>he thought the patch was coming today

>ruined Berlin
They'd fucking better not. I love that city.

When's roastie Mercy getting her FUCKING NERF

How is this a secret?

The dev team shrunk him for easy transportation.

I'm going to fuck the gay out of Lena Oxton and fill her full of children like God intended!

Sombra online.

Where the FUCK is Moira

even more important: WHERE IS THE MERCY NERF

Some user a couple threads ago said he told his friends he hates Moira's design despite having a fap folder full of pictures of her so I made that picture

God abandoned Lena the moment she took off on that plane!

Dude, you are not getting my point. I know they exist and are in game, I don't deny that. What I am saying is that telling any lore through the voice lines is shitty, because they are so random and most people won't hear them, like I had to search the wiki to hear them.
Even if it's a side thing, I just can't see it being part of the lore, because again, Romance is not a focus of the lore and I can't think of any good justification of dedicating time to gency, when instead blizz could dedicate it to something cool, like exploring the moon base or finding out about the Iris. Like, making gency happen would be the bottom of the barrel in terms of ideas, since it doesn't add anything to the lore.

I am betting they changed that idea to eichenwalde now, since it seems to be the same green apocalypse.

Do they even care about the game at this point?

>kephrii still has fans and people defending him after the leak showing that he's a disgusting beta loser

What the fuck is wrong with people?

>Get home from work
>Best healer isnt out yet
>Cancer healer hasn't been nerfed into the dirt yet
OWBABS?

I'll give you an answer when you stop posting worst girl.

QUICK CHECK BLIZZARD APP

Reminder if you're in bronze you should just get another account

>because they are so random and most people won't hear them, like I had to search the wiki to hear them

Believe it or not most of the lore works this way. Some voice line does even play at all and you have to dig through the game files. It's a mess but some people enjoy that shit. Chu even shoved symbolism to the anniversary playing card for christ sake. Its everywhere. If they make a romance canon though, it will be outside the game. In a comic more than anything else.

Reminder only nerds play competitive

I want to give Sombra what she deserves a loving and safe home

They do, because they get money from it. Which is why we get so many cosmetic events.

Would it be OP if Nanoboost reset all the target's cooldowns? Half the time I get nanoboosted as Winston I'm stuck out of range without jump.

True.
Now if only blizzard would stop putting four different types of elimination modes in the arcade rotation, that would be great.

>nanoboot mercy for another rez

INCHES

>get put back into the same match 6 times after leaving when game ended
fucking stop

People would be happier if the balance wasn't shit and that's like minimal effort to fix. A fucking intern could do it

They're shooting themselves in the foot for some reason

>e-celeb is a loser IRL
Grass is green, water is wet.

He looked pretty small though

I don't see a problem with that. Triple-rez nano-Valkyrie POTG?

It's a mess, but that means most people won't get the hints and stuff foreshadowed that way will come out of left field for most people. I really don't think the lore is made for those who care, there is too little and it's not substantial enough. It's made for normies, who don't bother checking wikis for lines.
Again, you are ignoring my point there not being time in the lore for it. Why do romance when it's not a prevalent theme and there is barely any time to do it?
Like even dedicating a comic to it now would be dumb, because it would at least take a comic to properly show it, but a comic could be used to show another character's backstory instead.

I want Reinhardt to impregnate my tight hole with all his love juice!

Oh boy look what came in the mail after three fucking weeks of waiting!

Show tits bby ily pls xx

How many of you went to Blizzcon this year,or previous years?
Was it a fun experience?

I think balancing the game and producing content consistently is more than just minimal effort.
But it's hard to justify prioritizing stuff like balance and content over cosmetic events to your bosses, when the loot boxes provide so much more profit then the initial game sales did.
Blizzard profits are even higher then when diablo 3 released, the best selling pc game of all time. Overwatch is making Activision-Blizzard crazy amount of money.
They just need to make sure that the game isn't too frustrating to play for the people who buy loot boxes.

What if there were more cc options? Would that fix Tracer?

Who wants to guess what OW loot I get?

All hanzos.

how many golden guns have you got?
for which characters?
which do you think looks the best?

I think you'll get garbage.

My prediction is 100% accurate.

wow what a display of skill

Badges first.

hmm

I have the golden gun for bastion

I might get Moira's since shes my waifu

?

was this done with a steam controller?

What a loser

Holy shit, that takes skill

Golden guns are a joke to anyone who's been around for more than a few seasons. You get the gun for your main after one season, then you get the gun for someone you play occasionally, then you get it for Torbjorn or Bastion.

I have Lucio, Zenyatta, Winston, Torbjorn and 5000 unspent competitive points. My alt account has Winston and Bastion.

>A Pharah's screen in Masters.webm
I think that's a more accurate file name.

I'm a different guy. But I guess I'll jump in. I know you want world building but Overwatch never really set out to do this. Metzen even said it too in the early months. It's a character drama. It's more about building backstory and bonds between characters than it is building the world. The world just sort of houses it. Also romance can be revealed through backstory too, in fact, most will whenever they get around to it.

Why does she visit the grave

Y'all motherfuckers are arguing about romance when the game barely has any lore to begin with.

I got golden guns for: Reaper, Ana, Lucio, Dva, 76, Mercy, Zenyatta

Yes I'm a support main that will get golden gun for Moira

It's where she hid the jar with Gerard's pickled, thick 15 incher.

balancing the game is (or should be) a separate department from art, level design, hero design, animation and so on

>They just need to make sure that the game isn't too frustrating to play for the people who buy loot boxes.
I doubt those are just Mercy mains, and everyone else meanwhile has to suffer for it

That was a waste of an ult considering the Genji's team had already won the fight unless that Pharah killed literally everyone.

Pins.

Lore-wise her voicelines and the way she reminisces about Gerard implies that she's regained memories of her past life, but ultimately stayed with Talon.

Which part? He ults for a solo kill when his ooga booga ult is usually a 3+ man ult. it looks like a desperate move to avoid death

Why does every other center gap value make the crosshair blurry? For example gap 6 is sharp, 7 is blurry, 8 is again sharp, 9 is blurry, etc..

How can blizzard fuck up something like this?

I get your point, but I am arguing that there really is no time for a romance. It takes time to build a believable romance, and the previous user was arguing that he thinks that gency will become a thing this christmas, although they have done very little to show the character dynamic between genji and mercy (they haven't even gotten around to giving mercy a piece of media).
Why prioritize this, something that I don't think a lot of people are clamoring for, when so many other characters have not even had pieces of media for them, like Zenyatta, Lucio and D.Va. Or even prioritizing it over other character dynamics, we know are already a thing, like Pharah's reunion with Ana, or Zen and Genji.
Basically this guy's point. There is no time for romance, so why think that it will be a thing?

I need to upgrade monitor to one thats 144hz, anyone have any recommendations as to which brand/model?

>haha mercy nerf patch is going live tod-
not so fast

Genji gets it back pretty quickly anyway.
It's also pretty worth it since Pharahs being killed in midair by anyone else in midair tilts them to no end.

maybe odd values are in between pixel sizes

Hangers

>most of the merchandise isn't even for overwatch lmao
BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

I have Pharah's golden gun and that's it. I'll be getting Tracer's next. I've only played a couple seasons so I haven't gotten that many points yet.

And the figures. Of course I'd get a fucking Hanjo.

>no Mercy nerf and Ana buff
It looks like I won't be playing comp for another week.

Kek

I'm not really sure what you're trying yo say but I'll try to explain something that might shed some light.
Our monitors are made up of tiny ass square pixels and when it displays tiny speck on the screen it cannot fully display a perfect circle because if the fact that it's a collection of squares trying to simulate a circle.
So some values doesn't perfectly display a circle but more of a blurry square shape, which i assume works the same way as some gaps are a blurry.

balance probably is a separate department from the cosmetically stuff, but the bosses determine which departments get bigger. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the cosmetics department got bigger, while the rest stayed the same.
And yeah, it does surprise me it has taken this long for Blizzard to nerf mercy, even reddit has consistent posts complaining about mercy. I have no excuse for that.
Overall, I am not surprised though that Blizzard has so little effort in balancing, since balance tends not to affect the majority of players minimally. This mercy rework being the exception.

Is Moira at least live?

No way.

No

no

Maybe the patch is going live when free weekend starts

I'm going to lewd that dragon loli.

No but she is perfect

Unusual, but not impossible.

I have on my main, in approximate order of obtaining:
Mei, Ana, Pharah, Sombra, Reaper, Hanzo, Junkrat, Doomfist, Symmetra.
On my alt account, I have: Genji, Hanzo, Doomfist.
Honestly, the only one I really cared about was Mei with the Yeti hunter skin, but I like Sombra's with a couple of her skins.

You should post some Moira when you say this, user

why mei's first?

Gency will happen whenever they do Mercy's backstory, honestly. Because it will show her dynamic with Moira, which we need, her time in the university and how she came to save Genji. That's plenty enough to build into that relationship. If he was talking about a romance reveal for christmas? I doubt it, though, more likely they anything, we'll find out what's going on in S76 and Reaper's panels. That plot point is high priority because it deals with the big 3 and was left completely open ended last year. Jeff's been teasing it throughout the year as well.

They're waiting for the free weekend to end so the newcomers can enjoy easy rez Mercy and then change it up when they buy the game

would be weird to have a free weekend without the new hero.

Who here has peaked? I've been mid/high diamond for like 3 seasons now.

I think my inability to main a hero is hurting me.