> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/211340/Magical_Diary_Horse_Hall/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for not caring about the engine used and only caring about progress

DON'T TALK ABOUT ENGINES

Reminder that you are the only one who can make your dreams come true. Always try your utmost hardest!

GODOT THE ONLY TRUE WAY
THE GODOT WAY

what the fuck are wrong with the colours on your tv

No one cared about Panda3d and polycode memes. But Godot posts make people irrationally angry. Really makes me think.

Hi, I want to make a game.
And it's gonna be the BEST fucking game EVER.

Where do I start. I downloaded Unity already.

they fear it because it has the power

>it's gonna be the BEST fucking game EVER
Mine too!
Man I can't wait for all thes great games.

Panda3D and Polycode are actual memes. Godot is a real engine though.

Why do some people even get mad at engineposting? It's occasionally informative and not talking about the most important gamedev tool seems silly, the discussion only goes to shit when people get overly defensive and start accusing others of being nodev shills.

yeah..............................real shit

Post you are jewnity game.

me too thanks

Your turn.

fuck you Ben, balance your shit game instead of shitposting

Yeah, after I'm done with this nodev
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offscreen projectiles in top down shooters?? Ya or nah??

It's because of human tribe mentality and it happens with basically every hobby. People use X product and like it. They become faithful to it and become a part of that products "tribe". Then they start seeing every other competing product as bad and must affirm that they are part of the best tribe. Even though all products achieve more or less the same results, and it's almost always down to execution by the user, not the product itself.

I've seen people argue about 3D software, art software, programming software, camera hardware, fishing hardware, etc, etc.

The best thing to do when choosing is just look at what all or most products have to offer, and choose or try the ones that appeal most to you.

because youre sabotaging future and potential devs by telling them to use a garbage, unproven engine that has literally zero notable games made over something thats well documented and has been shown to be able to make great games

You mean at the top or bottom edges? Nope. The player must be able to see where it's coming. If it's from the side... Well, it works for that japenese bullet witch game

why is renpy so popular? wouldn't making a VN engine for love2d better since if you'd decide to put some actual gameplay in it later, it woudn't be slow as hell because of python?

Midterms are picking up way more heavily than expected.
Mech Chip will not have a boss or anything interesting for Mecha Jam. I'm just going to spend my time trying to fix and polish it for the best playability. there is a lot to fix and polish

Question related to the game I'm making. What is everyones least favorite aspects of MegaMan X1-4?

Enemies should only shoot when they are on the screen. Unless they're autoguns that fire at regular intervals and only in one direction, or anything similar to that.
Also it depends on how fast the bullets travel. Slow bullets could maybe be fine.

>implying a VN is going to have real gameplay

because it's a VN engine that works as advertised, that's all there is to it
love2D isn't a VN engine and not even an engine, you can make and advertise a ren'py killer VN engine made in love2d if you want

the helmet of the main character. it looks stupid so i never played megaman

make your own game you autist whats the fucking point of copying something already made

None, they're pretty much perfect, except for the lives system.

I consider them all amazing games, strange question

There's nothing wrong, the sky in Mario has always been purple. Fucking millennials

>BEST fucking game EVER
>Not Godot

Good luck kid

yes, i'm aware that it's a vn engine built on pygame, my question was more about why there's no killer vn engine built on love2d since it looks like it would be more flexible and hence superior

Magical Diary:Horse Hall has some interesting gameplay for Renpy. Sadly it only happens during trials, which happen five or six times.

store.steampowered.com/app/211340/Magical_Diary_Horse_Hall/

Basically you go into a dungeon where you can walk screen by screen, cast spells, have HP and MP and each level has multiple solutions.

Because everyone keeps asking why there isn't one instead of making one.

You going to make it big, user?
Like Notch, like Toby Fox?

Hahahahahaha

Make pong

all i want is to make it big enough to dev full time

What do you think of 'unlockable IAP'?

Aka - in order to even buy this IAP item (for $1-$3), you need to progress through the game this much %%.

listen, follow your dreams and stuff
but that is a lot to ask for. Maybe if you have a great idea and a great artist (or art skill yourself) you can word-of-mouth your way into success, but the chances are slim.

predatory mobileshit can fuck off

Hahahahaha
Good luck, market's absolutely flooded

Go ahead and explain why I should, in my limited game time, stop playing any of the great games I already have, and choose your game over all the other great ones currently out, already out that I've never played, or that keep coming out every month?

Nightmare mode: Try to not sound like you're begging me for a handout

Hahahahhaha how's your retirement going to be looking after 5 years

Goodness you're a very negative person

I think Jews need to fuck off.

pokeman snap but with non-consenting underaged traps

You only have one life to live, and unless you're lucky as hell or worked hard enough in college (aka paid hard enough), your wage slavery will not be enjoyable.
We're all still young enough to have dreams

just like state school

are you going to tell your kids that you wanted to do gamedev if you fail?

You'd have to be cripplingly retarded to ever think thats a good idea

I'm not going to fail.

How do we stop shitty indie games flooding the market and putting a bad reputation on indie games in general?

Hmm, even as aspiring game devs, ya'll are aggressively against in app purchases.

So if I make a free game, without ads, how do you supposed I make money?
Or does making a living mean I'm a jew?

Hahahahha yeah there ya go
Hold on let me skip past CK2 and Skyrim and -- oh shit I totally forgot about Pillars of Eternity! but nah yeah let me check your game out I'm sure I won't feel ripped off -- oh, I forgot which one it was and there's just so MANY games out, you know how it is

H O B B Y
O
B
B
Y

Free games aren't for profit.

If I fail i won't have kids, this is the only chance i have, parents pressure the shit out of me to get millions constantly i just want to go away. I need to make a video game.

How come?

Are you not confident enough in your supposed game to charge money for it?

Make more good ones

>making a living by gamedev
Where the fuck did you get this idea? You either do cash-grab bullshit shovelware, or you do it free or even longterm at a loss because it's a H O B B Y

The real problem is the ever decreasing cost and value of indie games. Now if you're charging over 10$ you will be fucking lynched

Ok, what is the correct term for a game that you can play without paying, doesn't contain ads, and has optional in app purchases that are purely for people who want more from the game quicker?

You're kinda twisting my arm here man

Put it on itchio with pay what you want

>So if I make a free game, without ads, how do you supposed I make money?
You make free games to build up a porfolio, then find a job in a real game dev company

Different from many, I really don't care if a mobile game have transactions as long as they aren't locking content or, in case of multiplayer, giving a very unfair advantage.

My answer to your previous question would depend if your game is single or multi. If single like do whatever you want.

Cuphead is $20

Might as well buy a lottery ticket son
gamedev is so flooded it doesn't even matter if you make a good game anymore, and besides, there are more good games already out there than most people would ever have time to play. You think you can enter that and somehow clean house? Hahahah

>Cuphead is indie

lol

It's called a misfit game that no one will pay for, you don't sell IAP without forcing players.

The value of indie games is decreasing because if people have money they usually prefer AAA.

If you look at the released AGDG games, at least half made enough to potentially live on.

That means your chance for success is at least 50%

did you optimize your game enough so that you could put a cryptominer inside it without having performance issues and still make money?

i'm not one of these maniacal hobbyposters, but keep in mind that a lot of these games have been around for at least 2 years and been included in multiple bundles, nullifying their value and bloating the purchase count

>Ok, what is the correct term for a game that you can play without paying, doesn't contain ads, and has optional in app purchases that are purely for people who want more from the game quicker?
It's called freemium.

I think you can create incentives without 'forcing' people.
Why do people buy skins?

r
e
t
a
r
d

or bait

You keep telling yourself that. I like how you added "released" because without that, whew it would be quite a bit lower wouldn't it?

And if you just looked at "people who've tried" vs "people who have made it", wow starts looking grim right?

you can open youtube comments and see that most of 'people who've tried' are actual retards

statistically you are an actual retard

>be at the olympics
>what is the point of even running, my chances of winning this race are 1 in 7 billion
You don't count the people who didn't enter, and finishing a game is your entry.

Which current game(s) from the recap do you want to see success /agdg/?

You are correct. Team Fortress hat system, Awesomenauts skins, even horse armor shows that some players enjoy this stuff. Others buy just to support creators.

I for example brought some rubies in Click Heroes (keep in mind you can easily make them by playing like 3-5 minutes) just to support them.

MINE

Yeah but it also includes a hell of a lot of people who "did everything right" and still ended up with nothing, arguably in the negative if you consider opportunity cost
And even when they hit the lottery and make a little, what that? Do it again in a year? Hahahaha.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great hobby

people who like videogames are retards

Honestly, no. I think if I literally made a GTA level game on mobile for $1, it would cut out easily over 65% of the potential downloaders.
I've read about the stats, apparently making a game cost even $1 loses well over %90 of the potential download base.

So I place the blame of current situation on every customer that voted to make it this way. Consciously or not.

Plus I had brought the dlc for Adventure Capitalist to support them, but refunded when I saw it was broken, there were several commentaries calling it out and the devs still didn't fix it.

Nope. Read the devlog and you'll find out :0)

The solution is to not make mobileshit.

Let's dev aggy

>About to finish my first tutorial game

Shit what do I do now? More tutorials? Fuck.

You can't buy food with free downloads.

You need to keep in mind that most of the people here doesn't care about mobile. As someone that do, I have to say you will hardly make money without ads.

There's actually no problem with ads as long as they aren't intrusive. An ad when the game opens, plus offering freebies to watch additionals every half or one hour isn't bad.

>You make games you like to make while having to give them out for free to build up a portfolio, then find a job in a real game dev company and have to work on someone else's games you don't necessarily like
ahh the dream

Name a good indie game that isn't a clone and didn't at least do alright.

People fawn over the idea of indies being some immaculate source of gaming culture when 95% is shit, lazy, and/or done before.

Not only that, but this is by and a large a hobby. I expect as many indie devs to "make it" as I do home brewers to open their own brewery.

>There's actually no problem with ads as long as they aren't intrusive
Personally I find all ads intrusive