Filing taxes on TurboTax

>filing taxes on TurboTax
>they're asking me for a bunch of documents I either don't have or have lost or don't even know if I have
>getting very frustrated and mentally exhausted chasing down all these leads

What would happen if I just didn't file? They wouldn't do shit right?

You can file for an extension.

just buy eth

>filing for employment
>reach the claims for taxes
>all my life I've heard the phrase CLAIM ZERO because you overpay and get returns
>Fill it full of zeros
>manager turns in my paperwork
>she gets nervous that I'm an adult with an apartment, and claims 4 "just in case"
>I have no knowledge that she did this

LATER

>filling out turbotax
>start wringing my hands and enter in my info
>the number starts dialing up
>oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy
>NEGATIVE NINE HUNDERED DOLLARS!
>wat
>YOU DIDNT PAY US ENOUGH AND THIS IS WHAT YOU OWE!
>are you fucking kidding me I was going to build a computer
>now I owe as much as my computer was going to cost back to the government

If they owe you for taxes, they won't say shit because you haven't come to collect. If you owe them, expect them to come calling at some point. The larger you owe, the quicker. For a government department anyway.

Shitty that she did it without your knowledge, but it is better to underpay than overpay as long as you pay enough to not get hit with an extra penalty.

if you dont think that those deductions altogether would be worth 6k then just go for the standard deduction instead.

Send her a thank you card, you manchild. The optimal way to pays taxes is to owe as much as possible on April 15 without incurring penalties.

Dumbfuck.

You sound like a simpleton

>using TurboTax
Nigga it couldn't be more simple. You just answer the questions. You don't even have to read those long confusing irs forms

learn to fill out your own tax forms
turbo tax costs me $100 fucking dollars

>turbo tax costs me $100 fucking dollars
There's a million places to get free, legal tax software. But if you really need the upgraded TurboTax (premier, deluxe, or business) you can always torrent them.

>torrenting tax software that takes your social network and all your demographic info
that's fucking stupid, just use one of the online services at that point.

here
>social network
meant social security # / ITIN
point being, trusting pirated software with that is a bad bet, plus they update the software constantly because they make mistakes and fix them. it's not a good spot to be in to pirate software and then get audited either

Its a small risk I suppose, but its not hard to protect yourself from malware if you know what you're doing.

Also, the pirated software gets updates just the same as the paid version. Intuit has no way of knowing whether your installation is legit or not. They sell the software through a hundred different retail channels.

>it's not a good spot to be in to pirate software and then get audited either
Um, the IRS doesn't give a flying fuck whether you pirated your tax software or not. They care if you pay your taxes.

my employer only takes about 1.5% of my pay for vacation pay.
did i fill out that tax sheet wrong or is it on their end?
>get paid $100 a day working min wage
>inb4 get send bill by government cause i dont know how taxes work

lol I paid $36 to file online

same here famm good shit

>pay for turbo tax for $90
>fill out 400 pages of tax forms on my own
hmmm

your chances of being audited are literally hundredths of a percent.

Your probably like 16 years old and have one w2. How can you not handle that?

>paying money to verify that you paid money

lol americans

> work
> get taxes taken
> you over pay gov
> pay money to let em know you overpaid them

k

if you try to buy a house they'll ask for your tax returns just fyi. you can prob just file them really crappily with a bunch of stuff missing if you're poor anyway.

Who /paperfile/ here??

>1040
>like 4 schedules MAX
>maybe a couple additional forms
>400 pages
how would an individual return be that large, unless most of those pages are thousands of taxable transactions because muh wolf of wallstreet day trading

Invest in crypto

Dozen of Credits
K-1s
Not being trash
State returns