/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14403588
youtube.com/watch?v=8RT-1kCmk3g&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>set match to 5 bars
>get matched up with 3/4 bar shitters
wish they banned lag switchers

this is Erika Mishima, future Tekken season 2 DLC

>seriously, why is it that capcom can provide SFV (a shit show by any standards) with DLC characters on a regular basis but namco has taken over half a year to make one character.

>company X has done a better job than company Y but I'm still going to call company X the worst

NINA BEST MOM. LEAVE ME ALONE

These TWT matches are all really good holy shit
Is this the power of Cup Noodles?

>company X has done a better job than company Y
if you're trying to imply capcom has done a good job then you're a goof. SFV is a disaster and had one of the worst launches in memory. they're definitely delivering more post-launch content than namco but that's basically the only point you can give them.

>on pc you can unplug a ps4 pad and immediately plug it back in to make the game lag

they pretty much are compared to the competition
somehow every other fg dev manages to bring out dlc in a more or less timely manner
tekken still doesn't have fucking lobby rematches even though the technology is already in the game

>SFV is a disaster
in what way?

>company x is worse in one way than company y so company x is worse in every other way too
lmao

SHUT UP. its a shitty ps3 controller ok! 'I'm buying a new controller tomorrow. THEN YOU ALL WILLL FUCKING PAY WITH YOUR BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

I want to fuck Lucky Chloe.

busted netcode, terrible ps4/pc crossplay, playing musical chairs with tier lists because they don't understand how to balance the cast (remember when ryu was relevant?) constant stream of cosmetic DLC in spite of glaring issues that need fixing like the fucking lack of actual controller support on PC.

i could mention MVCI as a whole but i don't think that needs elaborating.

all you need to do to summon /fgg/ is shit on capcom lmao

Not to mention balancing characters around who is and isn’t popular. Remember when Birdie got nerfed for no reason?

HELP ME PICK A MAIN PLEASE
I CAN'T DECIDE
strawpoll.me/14403588

noctis

akuma and eliza are bad characters to learn tekken with

>equal votes across all options

Am fairly knowledgeable about tekken already, but thank you for your advice

Sorry all the options are trash. I will have no part in this debacle.

>strawpoll.me/14403588
>that bad taste
time to go back to /fgg/

>strawpoll.me/14403588
no nina

Reminder to play the cute robutt

>busted netcode
busted how? tens of thousands of people play it online without issue, you can't blame the game for intercontinental games lagging
terrible ps4/pc crossplay,
terrible compared to what?
tekken's crossplay? guilty gear? skullgirls? dead or alive? literally what other fighting game have you got to compare SFV's crossplay with?
again, unless you tell me how it's "terrible", you're not saying anything
>tier lists
perceived character strength is
you say this then criticize capcom for "nerfing based on popularity" when no one knows their balancing team M.O.
>birdie was nerfed
birdie is still very strong
> constant stream of cosmetic DLC
this is a negative? more content is a negative? lol, I don't even know what to say to this
>n spite of glaring issues that need fixing like >the fucking lack of actual controller support on PC.
it always worked in 99% of the cases and it was fixed a few months later for the remaining players, oh and there were workarounds for it that everyone could use.

yea
you have to go back
>>>/fgg/

please don't defend sfv's netcode

>terrible ps4/pc crossplay
Blatant lie

it is
not because of netcode but because PS4 users are wifi warriors

Lilimon

not just that it's an amalgamation of issues
from different input lag, wifi, different specs, windowed mode bullshit, asynchronous joke netcode to some of the matches wiring through capcom servers for no reason. it's a plethora of terrible coding and decisions

>lose a bunch
>take a break from playing
>play again
>still lose
>get angry don't play for a month
>finish some games in my backlog, wack off every day
>come back
>ranked up and almost at red
is this the power of masturbation?

>when you're shilling for a company so hard that you can't even differentiate between posters
i've never seen a more blatant /fgg/ post in my life. protip: i didn't say anything about "nerfing basd on popularity"

>busted how?
jesus

it's an atrocious implementation of rollback that results in constant teleporting. you're just going to reply to this with "NUH UH THAT NEVER HAPPENED TO ME" so whatever.

Which character?

Jin

L A R S
A
R
S

What's a good character to learn Tekken with? I haven't played a fighting game since Tekken 5 and I used to play Paul back then. I've been trying out Asuka but I always feel so lost with her during matches.

>>busted how?
>jesus

tfw nobody to jerk off while they get promotions

If you are playing really bad taking a long break may actually help. Breaking out of the tilt and going back in the game with a renewed sense of focus is better.

When I tend to play longer sets and long deathmatches I play a lot worse over time because things become routine, my movement and thoughts become sloppy.

It's like the equivalent of sleeping instead of just constantly running 24/7, you'll function better with breaks.

Paul
Feng
Law

The one that looks the coolest. The difficulty of characters is pretty close in this game, and even the more difficult mechanics just require a day or so of practice. There is also a standard toolkit that all fighters share with slight deviations here and there. So don't worry about missing out on core mechanics if you pick a "weird" character.

Paul, Shaheen, Kazumi, Jack, whoever in practice mode makes you excited to play Tekken

Someone give me a respectable female character with tits to play. I already play Nina and Kazuya.

Leo

It’s not about Birdie being good or bad it’s about how he was nerfed for no reason and that Capcom wants to make characters who are popular are popular good. Urien was buffed the same patch and he was already strong.

I initially picked Asuka because I liked how she looked and she seemed fairly easy to learn the game with, but the more I play her the more it feels like she's not my type of character. I have a hard time reading opponents and rather than me landing counterhits on them, it's usually the other way around.
I thought about giving Feng a try, but isn't he supposed to be a bit more difficult to use?

>when you're so braindead you can't finish reading a post
average /fgg/ inhabitant

if you actually believe this and aren’t just trying to kick up dust, fine. glad you have a fighting game you like and i hope you enjoy it.

teleporting or game slowing down is caused by the same thing, just because the effect is different doesn't automatically make sfv to blame

king

I'll give Paul and Feng a try then, hopefully they'll fit me better. Thanks guys!

why do you always recommend this

m.raven and or josie have big teets.
Now, is nina as hard top play as they say she is?

MEC KEYBOARD BITCH FIGHT ME

Nina is only hard if you are using her absolute top hardest executions, of which she only has like 3 or 4.
IWS1 wall carry
String cancels
Sidestep cancels
???

Aside from that she isn't too shabby, even if you can't do those 3 things you can still easily get to yellow or orange.

>just because the effect is different doesn't automatically make sfv to blame
but rollback works fine in mkx, injustice 2, skullgirls, and all the games on fightcade. i mean shit, some random guy made rollback netcode for melty blood in his basement and it's way better than SFV's.

the last time i came across rollback as poorly implemented as SFV was when i played SFxT. what a coincidence! it's almost like capcom never hires anyone who can write proper netcode and explicitly avoids licensing GGPO in order to save a buck.

Only if you wanna do her dope shit. If you don't, shes average.

as hard as any other like kazuya or steve
her movement is key

How do I learn to do instant while rising moves?

YouTube it brainlet

>he doesn't main honest karate man
what's your excuse?

inb4 muh hellsweep

i use the devil gene

is josie still considered unga? i was thinking her or asuka for some big titty action

YouTube is banned in my country here.

Josie is probably the poster girl for unga

>maining that edgelord

please

You're not playing fighting games correctly if you're not playing as a flaming lala edgelord man to be honest.

Is it possible to block low from face down feet away?

I love tekken but this man is a fucking douche who probably was to busy drinking himself to death and milking the arcade instead of launching the game universally on time

d,d/f_d/b,n+(button[s])
if your character has a crouch dash, do that and neutral plus button(s)

What makes her so unga? I’ve fought Josie and never really had a problem besides her orbital. Not saying I’m amazing at the matchup but maybe I’m not playing against great Josies.

I was doing it right then, it seemed like holding down for a half second and doing the button was working too but that wasn't very quick.

yep, could also drill it with movement to really see if you can do it on command e.g. backdash cancel 2 times, iWS move and/or backdash, sidestep, iWS move

Extremely safe and fast is the biggest factor, even if you block her mixups correctly she can just keep on attacking without really needing to think. Her lows can't be launch punished by most of the cast. 12f while standing launcher, tracks real well, butterfly edge, and more.

How’s her damage with higher level players? Is she in and around people like Raven/Paul or lower?

her damage sucks without the wall

now people fucking with me. have your fun...but tomorrow you die.keyboard sucks man

at least there’s one thing she doesn’t have.

I'm playing on keyboard and I don't think it's all that bad. I am shit at the game though.

>marik

Well going from controller to kb is like starting over for me.

Her damage is average, but she can launch and combo so easily it's basically running on high nonstop.

You will probably hit a wall around yellow though. Around orange or so people get so good at movement and spacing it's actually kind of easy to farm Josies for free ranks.

Eliza's winning now.

You know what you need to do

>tune in to jiyuna playing tekken
So you guys were right, he really is a brawler bryan huh

I find QCF movements a lot easier with a keyboard. That stuff was impossible for me to do on controllers.

i was more so asking about her for curiosity sake, i play maven

Why ya'll drop miguel

Thinking of being gay and picking up Jin. Is he like a mix of Asuka moves and Mishima?

just judging this going by his lore and i know he isnt a proper Mishima.

He gets 2 electrics, he is double the Mishima that the others are

I am going to start recording tutorials for this game and would like to know what topics people want me to cover.

The links in the original post are fairly dated and low quality without much commentary or in depth explanation.

No that's T3 Jin.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RT-1kCmk3g&t

Current Jin is a well rounded character with strong pokes and strings. He also has a unique parry that can be used to punish safe moves.

Are you thinking about character specific tutorials, or stuff that applies to the entire cast?

But I haven't

I happened to glance at some of the links in the beginning and they're all from T6 or Tag 2 and they're recorded in like 240p.

I figured people would appreciate some updated material recorded in Tekken 7 at 1080p on PC.

It really depends on what people want, I've had a script in mind for a while now for Lars, Steve, Miguel, and Dragunov, but never got around to actually recording and editing.

is that a good or bad thing?

With characters, gameplan and counters.
Tekken in general, movement. When to sidestep,fishing for whiffs, etc.