/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Talking it edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Latest QC patch:
bethesda.net/community/topic/125751/patch-notes-early-access-update-9-11-17

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

QC custom weapon skin showcase, compelte with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play QC
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Fragged thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7cw3q6/playerbase_declining_eu_west_50_games_played/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for lewd Slash skins when?

reminder that the hook will be dogshit and qc ctf will suck

third for thicc

Props for stealing my cheeky filename

nyx > slash > galena > sorlag

Nyx is a basic bitch when it comes to waifus. The vanilla ice cream of waifus

Galena should be higher but there's no lewds of her. She's the best by far.
>short hair
>cool eyes
>fangs
>big tits
>pale/grey skin
>dominating personality
>religious

Have you ever considered Vanilla is so popular because it's good?

>popular = good
Guess PUBG, LoL and assorted normie games are all better than AFPS, then

Well it doesn't always apply, but sometimes it's true.

PUBG is better than QC

christ lad

It is. QC is an insult to Quake and the sooner it dies the better.

>Dota will be dead soon same as Quake because nu-males can't handle the challenge and can't be bothered to learn the complex game, they need instant gratification and simplistic gameplay with "modern development" aka suitable for every single retard so no one would be left unsatisfied

Sounds about right.

t. every game that isn't quake 3 is garbage but why am i so alone?

>complains about characters being op shit
>won't go back to the game where every character is equal

there are less players in QC than QL and i don't even like QL
you are the one who is alone deluding yourself into thinking QC is good and you're better than all those other dumbed down normie games

>2017
>Still playing arena shooters
Literally deader than disco. Give it up you fags

Hello, i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but i really want to know if the Doom 2016 multiplayer is similiar to older FPS, with no aiming down sights and quick movement, i'm thinking about getting it for PC. Thanks.

IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR WHY AREN'T YOU PLAYING GAMES BECAUSE THEY'RE POPULAR?

No the MP is like a knockoff Halo.

>tfw not good at twitch shooters
>tfw finally getting good at QC
>tfw averaging 2.0 k/d most games
>tfw it won't matter since the game and genre is deader than disco

>AFPS
>deader than disco

should people who play AFPS be called "Jon Arbuckles" then?

Ehhh, i'm gonna check if it has a good mp population and maybe give it a go in the black friday sale, if it's shit i'll just refund it. Thank you.

I won't play anyone else but Doom because all other champs feel like dogshit compared to Doom except maybe Anarki but he's a cancerous shit for faggots with no self respect whatsoever (so is Slash and Nyx on slighter scale).

It's probably not the cup of tea for a majority of /arena/'s posters, but I enjoyed the single player and got a few good hours out of multiplayer

i mean lets be fair doom is fun to play but he is literally the easy mode of this game

That's Anarki.

How do we make him relevant again?

Blasko needs a revamp.

He needs a movement gimmick

10/10 a e s t h e t i c cosmetics my dude

bj has like three pairs of pants that are all fucking identical
lazy id

I saw your thread on /v/ that just failed, faggot

i watched it fail
felt pretty good

What did I miss?

>failed
How can a thread fail, newfag? Not every thread is meant to reach bump limit especially on fast boards like /v/.
This general is much bigger of a failure since it cannot even survive on slow as fuck Veeky Forums without constant bumping to prevent it from getting flushed.

You were shilling Wolf 2 in your thread. Just terrible

>making a thread about video games on /v/ is shilling

Newfags those days...

Wolf 2 is terrible. It's the worst of all the nu-Wolfs (Wolf 2009, TNO and TOB). Your taste is SHIT

As Sorlag, should I iniate with acid spit or use it to finish someone off?

>Wolf 2 is terrible

Nah, it's a great single player FPS game.
If you thought that you can fit in with your poor newfaggy /pol/ shit post then I can assure you that the only one who failed here is you.
Keep lurking for 2 more years and don't bother posting here.

>Thinks my objection to Wolf 2 is on account of politics even though I said nothing on the subject
Who's the /pol/ crossposter again? Wolf 2 is more of the same and the encounters are much less memorable than TNO. There's nothing new to the game, not even the spark of a new idea like TNO's laser cutter or 2009's faux open world were. Machinegames has utterly run out of ideas for the series

Because there's literally nothing else to complain about Wolf 2 except trying to enforce retarded /pol/ memes on it.
The game is perfectly directed and well made both with good gameplay and plot & cutscenes.
It has plenty of new ideas and alive characters alone make it amazing experience.

>It has plenty of new ideas
Such as?

"17hz is better netcode"
~Some dumb ass on quake discord.

I find it hilarious that anyone can tolerate the insanely bad netcode, glitchy as fuck gameplay. ridiculously bad hitreg, and insanely low framerates of Pub.

And yet people have the nerve to call QC bad when it is objectively superior to pubg from a technical standpoint.

user, pubgarbage is called pubgarbage for a reason.
The only reason why pubgarbage is popular is because it requires no skill, so streamer nufags can sit there and chat like a dumb ass to their even dumber stream watchhing fanboys and girls.

I literally watched Fatal1ty get up go get a pizza at the door and come back to his pub match and fucking still get top 5.
What a joke.

Tickrate depends entirely on how fast the entities are going to be moving on the screen. For something like PUBG, it may be fine

Then again, the cutoff point is kinda low. You may be able to get away with low tick for something like a tank sim. Even something like CS @20tick will leave significant-ish gaps in the movement of someone moving in an orthogonal vector to your camera plane

lol it posted my comment even though the captcha failed. WTF, how does that even happen?
I forgot captcha, went to solve it, and then wanted to write more, then solved the captcha, but it posted my prevoius post content anyways.

I know most space maps make everyone rage but I wish more servers played them sometimes.

>Veeky Forums is a slow board

/v/, /b/ and /pol/ are turbo-autism mode, Veeky Forums is a normal fucking board.

>/v/, /b/ and /pol/ are turbo-autism mode, Veeky Forums is a normal fucking board.

Depends on general.
But overall it's mediocre, not as slow as /k/ or /jp/.

HUH

DA

I wish i wasnt so fucking bad at Duel. I'm amazing at TDM, and pretty OK at FFA, but I look like a dumb ass playing duels.

Daily reminder that Quake Champions is killing Quake.

>I'm amazing at TDM

Nickname?

2GD

So i guess this is the final nail in the coffin for arena. Barely anyone talking about that shitshow of game and constant necrobumping. I guess ill see you guys if 2GD gets his shit together.

2gd isnt going to work on his bot game until QC is dont providing him a meal ticket.

Diabotical is for his own income and he knows better than to try to compete with Beth at the moment. He has a spot at the top when it comes to quake esports, he's not dumb enough to throw it away.

> Dota will be dead soon

Just play quake world with anons, or nu-ut for DM fun.

You suck James

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/7cw3q6/playerbase_declining_eu_west_50_games_played/

A whole plebbit thread of whining about dying Dota 2.

>tfw always been more of a hitscan (particularly tracking) player in all FPS games
>always been bad with projectiles
>tfw current QC is all about rockets and LG sucks
the weapon balance is going to get better r-r-right?

the real question is how the hell can people keep up the interest to play PUBG

that game is soooooo slow and boring

Kind of noticed this too on fridays QC cup where in base vs evil, base dominated by better rockets. Evil tried to switch to lg many times but he didn't dominate with it like in QL.
Is it harder to dodge rockets in QC or is it just that the stacks are smaller so you don't have time to capitalize on the better dps of lg?

Money, selling crates, especially the gamescom crates, were an incredibly profitable thing to do.

I hate it though, making easy steambucks for an hour of my time a day is hard to pass up. It sucks Quake is the only FPS I find myself enjoying in spite of its flaws.

LG is garbage right now.
It's all rockets and rails.

Because it doesnt require skill to win.
Casualfags dont want skill based games. We're the tiny niche of players who do like that.
Same reason why OW is popular. IT's not skill it's a forced 50/50 win loss peice of shit RNG press Q to win game.

QC may be the lowest skill floor of all the quake games, but it's skill floor is still twice as high as the skill ceiling of Overwatch.
Pubgarbage is even less requirement of skill. You can literally hide in a house, to take a shit, comeback and get first place with 1 kill in pubg.
Same with Fortnite. I have literally done it several times. Had to take a piss, hid in a building, emptied the firehouse, and came back and got top 5+.

Look at Dota vs LoL. LoL is the largest fucking game the world has ever seen. Bar none. almost 5x larger than WoW or Dota2 ever was.
But it's literally Dota without the skill requirements that made dota unique and skillful.
It's another forced 50/50 win rate casualfag game.

And PUBG is right up there with em.
Casualfag heaven, but this time the game is streamfag friendly too, streamfag can literally sit there and bullshit to his shittarded audience and still win at the game.
That's literally why Fatal1ty left QC and plays PUB now, because he can talk to his wannabe pro noskill audience who idolize him.

current LG sucks ass especially against smaller heroes because of the way hitboxes are in QC

i'm aware and it pisses me off because LG was by far always most "my kind of gun" out of the holy trinity. i'm very good at hitscan tracking

I'm a super LG Heavy user. My Lg has almost 4 times as much damage as my rockets.
and I literally stopped playing when the parkisons LG bug came up because I felt it wouldnt be fair to anyone nor would it be honest for me to play when my main weapon was bugged like that. So I patiently waited for the fix so I wouldn't abuse the LG.
But I'm really fucked right now because Im an LG and Nailgun user of really good levels. People rage at my LG all the fucking time. But since the "fix" patches, the LG has shit registration and nails FUCKING LOL if one even hits.
The fucked the super nailgun with the projectile update by making it only affect rockets, and the LG's hit reg is ass now too.

I'm literally getting nerfed every god damned patch, and it's pissing me off because shitters can't learn to counter an LG heavy user, and Saber can't get hit registration and netcode right.

I miss nailing people down hallways and 1v1ing people with the nailgun and tearing their ass up.
I miss winning insanely clutch fights with my LG tracking skills.

Saber needs to fucking fix this shit already.

A WHOLE reddit thread wowwe

Rejoice in the knowledge LG is shit only because of the "framerate tied to ROF" thing
With automatic weapons, the calculation error starts piling up, and the longer your usage of the LG, the more DPS falls short of what it was supposed to be. People have noticed differences in effective DPS up to 200FPS. Most people play in 60 or 75hz monitors, so most people don't even know their LG is mega-gimped

And since the only way to use the LG is to fire many shots in succession...You're fucked. This is true of the MGs too, but people notice it less because they're not expected to kill well

They fixed the frame rate thing tho

Should have quoted you too, wait for ROF tied to framerate fix:
You're almost surely not getting the LG's (and the MGs, and both Nailguns') intended DPS. Rocket and Rail are not as affected by it because you only fire once, so the calculation error only slows the ROF once by a few ms

No, they didn't. That patch bullet point about losing a frame when people joined is unrelated. Go back to the thread of that patch in the official forums, a few guys did the tests and it's still the same

It's very easy to notice too. I get frame drops sometimes (t. toaster haver) and if I'm LGing, I clearly hear more spaced out hit plums

I just want my LG and SNG fixed, so I can fucking steamroll again.
My KD is dropping because of this crap.
The only positive thing about this situation is that it's forcing me to learn how to use the rocket launcher, and fortunately I'm learning to get ahead with it, but that's not the point. Fucking nailgun should hit someone 2 god damned feet away from me. LG should do correct damage.

I'm tired of watching my KD drop because oh fucking nailgun doesnt want to hit, ok saber, cool game.
Oh did I expect LG to deal damage? silly me I should have had a rocket launcher like everyone else!

they didnt you misunderstood the fix it was not about that

same here - PG in Q3A/QL was niche but decent and I could actually hit people with it.

QL has server-side projectiles, so what you see is what is actually happening

Isnt that the way it was before, then everyone fucking bitched and cried like babies "OH NO MY ROCKET LAUNCHER IS DELAYED, BOOHOO" so they tried to make this horse shit serverclient determination system.
Fucking people need to learn to shut the fuck up about shit sometimes.

There was never a zero damage rocket CBT5 and earlier, but every since they tried to "fix" the rocket launcher delay we've had zero damage rockets and 1 damage rockets.

It was like that briefly during CBT. Tim Spillits was probably wary of leaving it like that because people are no longer used to something as old-fashioned as leading by your ping, so he might have felt it would feel shitty and drive players away

Server-side hitreg is great if your ping is 50ms or lower. It starts seriously going to eat shit above that

It's funny how I'm in the opposite boat as you, shit with LG, but great with the rocket and SNG. I agree the nailgun is fucked, but while I was having a poor time against LG users, especially due to zero damage rockets, now I'm getting those sweet direct hits all the time.

I do hope they fix the issues with the LG and NG, presumably by changing the hitboxes so they're not pixel perfect. But seeing as how whenever what's broken is fixed they end up being a terror ingame I wonder if these fixes aren't going to be a monkey's paw.

>I do hope they fix the issues with the LG and NG, presumably by changing the hitboxes so they're not pixel perfect
They have already confirmed the issue is that the NGs are using an older, buggier version of their projectile code. They only updated the RL that one patch (and it's still not as reliable as server-side rockets)

I'm worried that Saber will somehow fuck up their fix, seems whatever they do something goes wrong.

The game has no chance anymore, who even cares. You might get a working SNG for the 2-3 months of afterlife the game gets after it goes f2p, wew

In case you don't know that - plebbit Dota is the official place that is in contact with Valve and has big influence on the game.
When they whine about something, be sure that Valve would notice that first and most likely react to pander them.

gee rick I I I had no idea it was so so you know so popular and important oh jeez

>9.11.2017

‘Netcode’ / Performance

Fix for random miss-hits for players that have a big difference in fps

?

Are you mentally handicapped or just having a seizure?

Not the ROF fix. Mishits are related to hitreg, not ROF
Rest assured, when they fix it, they will very unambiguously announce it

w why you have to always be so mean i mean you always youre always drunk and i dont say anything

you can literally see a difference in the speed your ammo depletes with a gun like LG if you compare playing on 30 fps to 200 fps even if you are not shooting anyone

i can literally not cause my game doesn't even run at 30fps

...What?
You still try playing?

ill kick your ass

You're really going for that Nintendo Switch experience with QC, huh