www.games2gether.com
>Planets Stats
imgur.com/w5RO8TH.jpg
>Ships Stats
pastebin.com/aabCNGau
>Horatio splicing guide
pastebin.com/1cH8sqEH
>Manual
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/392110/manuals/User%27s_Manual_-_Endless_Space_2.pdf
>ES2 politics guide.
pastebin.com/pDUQDpwA
>Comics
wiki.endless-space.com/comics
>Soundtrack
soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>ES2 prequel
www.games2gether.com/endless-legend/forum/6-game-design/thread/3572-the-last-flight-of-the-gray-owl

ENDLESS LEGEND
>Manual:
cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf
>Wiki:
endlesslegendwiki.com
endless-legend.wikia.com

STALEARIS
>Pastebin:
pastebin.com/YHdisqem
>Wiki:
www.stellariswiki.com
>The Development of Stellaris en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_hell

CIVILIZATION
>Browser Civ Game, plays like civ2
play.freeciv.org
>Civ IV XML fix
www.dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
>Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE):
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot:
www.multiplayerrobot.com
>Civ 5 Mods
forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
>Civ 5 More Mods
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur
>Civ 5 Drafter
georgeskleres.com/civ5/
>District Cheat Sheet:
civ6.gamepedia.com/District

ALPHA CENTAURI
>Essential improvements:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements

MICROPROSE
>MoM
www.myabandonware.com/game/master-of-magic-21t
>Wiki
masterofmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Mod
>MoO 2
gamesnostalgia.com/en/game/master-of-orion-ii-battle-at-antares

DISTANT WORLDS : UNIVERSE
pastebin.com/hubsc3ZS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7YGXDYWCyoY
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/28278-a-little-help-from-our-friends?page=1
youtu.be/ue3GWx2ItWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So, how afraid are we of the upcoming changes to the Stellaris ship designer?

First for not bullying the riftborn

don't even JOKE about that
if paradox had ownership of the endless games i would shrivel up into a prune and die

Well what's worse to you, SEGA or pdx?

>caring
I'd honestly be impressed if Wiz managed to make the game worse

Paradox by a hundred miles

Not that guy, but from what I've seen, SEGA has just given Amplitude stricter deadlines/timetables and have been pretty hands off.

look at ES2 now and look at stellaris now
i'm pretty sure the choice is clear

I'm sure a part of that is that Wiz doesn't appear to have humility.

Easily Paradox. SEGA are mostly just incompetent and run by out of touch old Japanese men. Paradox are significantly more malicious and cut throat in exploiting a niche genre they have a monopoly on, and as such know they can get away with releasing literal turds with 0 effort in them because people would rather eat shit than starve to death.

>adds op shit for ai factions that they have but you don't
>removes paid features because "we liked our new idea better lol"
>utterly fails at making their stated vision come to life so they give up and begin shoving old mechanics into the game because it's easier for them
>considers criticism of existing bad mechanics to be a nuisance and dismisses player concerns by shoving them into a containment thread/silencing players who complain

Paradox

>humility

Actually I think he might be on the spectrum, he seems a little like a watered down CWC

Paradox is basically bargain bin EA at this point.

On the opposite side of this discussion, what if Paradox was Amplitude?

Then paracucks wouldn't whine every thread about their garbage game and we would be better.

More waifus.

>Waldetoft and Flyby no combine their powers

>playing civ 6 on huge with max AIs
>map is tiny and basically all players start near each other

I remember civ 5 on huge with max AIs often had vast expanses of wilderness between players. Why did they make the maps smaller?

Every portrait in stellaris would have titties.
Also this, stellaris soundtrack is one of the unquestionably great things about it
youtu.be/7YGXDYWCyoY

Stellaris wouldn't have been a bunch of features that they gradually remove as they decide their "vision" has changed, it would have had a competent dev team with a strong idea of the game they wanted to make

>games that weren't sold piecemeal
>cosmetics and quality of life updates are free while substantial content updates are proper expansions
>actual acknowledgement and interaction with the community, recognizing when choices they make aren't actually too good and admitting it
>an actual art and writing department
one could only hope, user

>you will never be landsknecht
>you will never be manly and fabulous at the same time.

reeee! I'll declare your ass mate.

kys

note that a simple war declaration won't lift the embargo - you'll have to pay their extortion fee, pry it out of them with a truce after a successful war, or stomp them out of existence

Finally found corundium after 72 years and it's on a 130atm planet outside habitable gravity range. Corundium is needed to build more mining facilities and essentially limits your economic growth.

Time for terraforming and genetic engineering to properly colonize it.

reposting because I am incredibly salty about this.

games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/28278-a-little-help-from-our-friends?page=1

>youtu.be/ue3GWx2ItWI
If I could pick a game where the gameplay and overall feel differs to the greatest extent from that evoked by the soundtrack it has to be stellaris. You could take this track and match it to a real time video of paint drying and it would fit better.

Doesn't it still work if you go to the destroyed village?

They going to announce that minor faction focused DLC Thursday and give us the feature layout?

The thing that really grinds my gears is how paradox has the gall to charge $15-$20 for a DLC that adds a handful of things and still charges seperately for unit packs and music. If you're charging $20 for a DLC literally everything should come bundled with it.

>unable to cancel trade routes in civ 6

Thanks sid meier you faggot

>lost my trader because I'm not allowed to cancel a route in time to avoid a barbarian settlement that sprang up right next to the route

Why is civ 6 so fucking shit?

Repeat after me
14TH
CENTURY
MARS NAZIS

Also in the endgame trade routes give 25 dosh each. I didnt build a worker since Renaissance.

I don't blame them. I was reading the reviews for ES2 the other day and they are full of fucking retards.

>that retard that didn't see how many systems you can conquer before expansionist penalties stack
>that retard that didn't know you can speed up vines
>the retard that whined because he was playing "pacifist", didn't build a single fleet and got eaten by AI
>the retard that didn't understand the game at all and lost during the tutorial
>the retard playing on a toaster
>the retard that literally honestly thought the first game had a better UI
>that retard that complained about Sega doing something with Sonic and called for a boycott

Whole bunch of subhumans in there.

what's being changed? give me a tl;dr

Should I play Endless Legend or Endless Space first?

Is it worth building in relatively poor locations as the Germans to maximise the benefits from their extended Industrial Zone range?
I'm autismal as fuck and can't make myself build a city in a location with less than 2 resources.

Endless Legend.

If it's anything like the past few updates I'm sure it will involve cutting features to push you to play a certain way, removing the only reason I had to care about Stellaris

Space/Dungeon/Legend/Space 2

It depends, do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi? If you're not bothered either way then you should probably try EL first since it's already finished and has all the expansions it's likely to get.

I feel bad for Amplitude sometimes. I know I sound like a shill but the state ES2 release din must have been hard on them.

In a way it's their own fault for thinking players are smart. If the had had extensive documentation that treated you like an idiot I'm sure people would love it.

Surprisingly enough Hansas provide great industry for lesser cities but i didnt find em as important in giant ones. Germans are REALLY efficient in settng smaller 7-10 pop cities with 35-40 production.
Like that line of mine gave me 10-12 production per Hansa out of 150 for capitol...most of production came from power plants (24). Also i ran out of space for workers. Also range is the same but connection bonuses and appeal are different and MOST importantly it costs 40% less..

Now for going REALLY tall Kongo and Khmer are superior if you get the production rolling.

all of their games suffer from a severe lack of documentation and tutorials - something that a lot of people these days have no experience with, what with wikis, guide videos and all that sort of thing
hell, i've been playing endless legend since just before guardians and i only learned last week that you can pay dust to heal wounded heros in the academy

I love Ampltiude but I agree with this. I didn't understand how city levels worked until I had completed two games. I don't recall it being covered in the tutorial at all, despite it being perhaps the most important part of city building

Ive had better documentation foe EU3 mods than ES2.
Civ VI had some dude documenting it up the ass on Steam, guides are great.

>I want to be handheld and spoonfed instead of learning while playing the game

Somewhere on G2G one of the dev said they were happy with ES2 sales even if the release was rough, as they make most of their sales over time

In the last thread someone asked about the best voice in Stellaris.

I haven't played with all of them yet, but I burst out laughing whne I was using the Spiritualist voice and decided to turn off the tutorial. In a waning voice it mumbled "don't be a fool".

Does it do that for others too? Probably the most I've enjoyed Stellaris so far,
I laughed all the way to the fucking crises making me start over AGAIN because I cannot git gud

Also, since it seems to come up often in these threads, I like Endless Space 2 a lot better, but I've been an Amplitude fanboy since ES1, so I've kind of beaten all their games to death. I enjoy the novelty that Stellaris provides while recognizing which is the superior game.

shit, why is it so fucking cluttered?

Mate, it's not that I'm saying I needed to be handheld. I don't mind spending my first few games being the galaxy/planet's kickball while I learn the ropes.

Others, however, aren't so understanding of the fact that learning is a process, and will ragepost and 1-star and otherwise flame into oblivion because their very first game wasn't an absolute clean sweep in their favor.

It sounds like they just need to git gud and appreciate being challenged, then.

>strawman
did you know that you can queue up actions for units in EL, and give them orders to move to occupied spaces in battle, or that fighting inside a city tile gives you a buff equal to 3 morale points, or +45% attack/defense?

They do, on both counts, but won't.

The complainers also have a leg to stand on, though; a lot of things are mentioned once in a dialogue box and shuffled aside. I'm not sure if there's some kind of in-game help glossary available, but if there isn't, I think it'd be a smart addition.

fucking cultists

>Synthetic dawn
>Expansion all about robots
>'Awoken' empire still broken as shit and incapable of functioning properly
WIZ

> Decide to try ANOTHER Forgotten game on Serious
> 50 turns in, already behind every AI player in score
> Barely making any dust
This fucking happens every time. Should I just kill myself and never play this faction again? I always do awfully with them.

being behind the ai in score isn't so much of an issue, the real point where you know you've lost as forgotten is when you have terrible dust production
as long as you have good dust as forgotten and the enemy hasn't gotten an industrial snowball and operational, you should be able to come back with hero shenanigans

>When you realize space battles in ES2 render the actual anomalies around particular planets in the background.

>lots of silver and dyes in a certain area of the map
>that faggot kongo nigger settled in a particular area near there
>now the game tells me "don't settle there there isn't enough water and sheeit!

I'm going to settle there because of the luxury resources but is there any real negative effect to settling in a crowded area or is this just more of CIV's faggy anti-blobbing push that they've been trying since CIV 4?

Did you like controlling how many reactors you had on your ship so that you could design them the way you wanted?

Too fucking bad!

Did you like corvettes not costing 1.5 energy in maintenance each month?

Too fucking bad!

>Civ IV
>antiblobbing push
What? Unhealthiness was like, the opposite of anti-blobbing, it literally made it so your cities started growing slower after a while so you had to have a bunch of new cities up and use the whip.

>any real negative effect
Kongo is going to declare war on you but that's it.

try fighting around a dyson sphere or in the academy system
shit's picturesque

Man. Is there at least a way to roll back to previous versions besides just having a separate download of dubious legality for each patch?

CIV 4's city cost seemed odiously high and designed to slow my expansion as much as possible

>city cost
Literally what city cost
Upkeep was worth nothing unless you went ICS or built your cities on opposing ends of the globe
Are you talking about settler costs? Did you whip settlers?

To paradox's credit the one good thing they've done is enable rollbacks to any previous version in the beta branch menu. Try rolling back to launch version, you'll weep at how much potential was squandered over the past years.

>a dyson sphere
There are dyson spheres in ES2?

They're a star type.

what's the best civ for growth in vox pop? And anything in particular I should focus on, wonders, pantheon etc.?

I'm thinking
Incas for their terrace farm
aztecs for their floating gardens (probably best)

other choices:
china for their +10% food for we love empress day (probably not that good)
austria for their coffee house +3food +15%growth
india harappan reservoir +20% growth +4food +2food for oceans/lakes

This is why always disregard steam reviews, the average gamer seems to have a room temperature iq

Insert video of Cuphead reviewer here.

Don't worry bro I already fucking lost.
> Barely making +30 dust a turn
> Winter fucks me something fierce
> Get second hero from quest and start stealing techs from moth people up north
> Moth people get their shit kicked in by cultists
> Dearth of Dust hits and I go from +30 dust to -40 a turn
> Cultists immediately march on my capital and take it
> My army dies to them because I couldn't find strategics and had no industrial output to make more
I really want to make the Forgotten work but I'm so utterly shit with them I just cannot figure out with my brainlet mind how not to be shit with them. "Raid things!" Oh look I pissed the faction off and now they're kicking my shit in because my armies are brittle and I barley have one. "Use heroes a lot!" My heroes always have to carry battles and get their shit kicked to the infirmary as a result, or I need to spend tons of turns stealing techs. I barely have time to do other spy things. I have so little dust as it is, I can't afford to buy heroes, and techs, and armies, and everything else. I've probably sunk 20 hours into the Forgotten and I'm just shit at them.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lowering Empire Morale can help you to bridge the gap in combat. Also use stealth and Reduce Fortification to capture cities before the AI has an opportunity to respond. Raze it if you don't think you can hold onto it.

Ultimately don't stress too much. Forgotten play drastically differently to any other faction in the game, it's natural to find them weird. I struggle with them too.

Remember to keep expanding for Dust. Also remember to use heroes as spies. Forgotten heroes are the best, but some others like roving clans have spying 3.

Alright lads, I'm doing it again, but I'm lowering it to hard. Full baby mode time.

I would recommend having map generation have hemispheres not set to both. Setting the temperature to something dryer helps too.

Good luck!

>take 1 city in civ 6 from faggot who declared war on me
>now even my "friends" are attacking me

So why haven't they fixed this? Why is this game so shit and retarded?

Your fault for playing a series in which all the memorable "characters" and interactions with them have always been AI blatantly trying to make you lose the game and nothing else.

>AIs that declared war make peace once the peace timer kicks in

So this is tedious as fuck

*builds a perfectly, flawlessly battle-scarred carapace*

Did they literally just scribble that on?

Thoughts?

>Suddenly realize the riftborn are Chuuni as fuck

Shut up it's a fad.

Theodora is cute! CUTE!!!

GRAND VICEROY GONNA FREAK

what kind of madman suggests to settle in the desert when there are perfectly good spots to the south? Am I missing something or is just because of that salt there? Also where should I settle?

If you build Petra it'd be hot as fuck, also considering all the flooplains and oases plus a wheat / salt combo it's honestly not a bad suggestion.

Nooope. Still defective.

I second this user, that looks like a great place for Petra.
>hills
>river
>early food resource
>1 tile away from mountain for observatory

Some slut got Petra 5 turns into building it ;_; Guess I'll have to capture it.

So why do people like Prosperity so damn much in Stellaris?
Yeah 10% ship and building cost could be like 30 energy and minerals at some point. Also the private colony ship can be built as soon as you unlock it probably. But for the opener expansion seems so much better.
Half the cost to maintain frontier outposts, great for if you have shit systems in the start. Half the influence cost to build them in the first place. Double colony development speed and an extra pop on new colonies. Then 20% cheaper unity period.
Also 2 more core planets for when you're fucking around setting up your first ones so you don't have to give up 25% of the materials. Also it's less of a headache to click the planets to build shit.

Dido!

dildo