/dg/ - Destiny General

>>REMINDERLIVE EVENTSNEWSCLANS

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bungie/status/930481108558286849
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repost:

I got the game basically for free. I traded in some games I never played anymore and I got almost 60 bucks exactly so I paid like 5 bucks for D2. I really enjoy it for what it is.

Will the DLC be just as good as it was for D1? I was a D1 player from the beginning but I never got the DLCs because I fell off the game hard even though I enjoyed it. But all the talk of how good Taken King and the other DLCs made the game always made it sound great.

Do you think it would be worth it to buy the season pass? Like I said, I barely paid anything for the base game so I sorta don't mind having to buy the pass (normally I would never buy a season pass because I think they're retarded).

finally level 20, now let's keep playing!

dude no

>no gauntlets last week
>no gauntlets this week
this game fucking sucks

how fast can i rush through campaign

>finally get some 300 gear
>now have 1 300 primary, 1 pair of 300 legs, 1 pair of 300 arms, and 5 300 heavy

No one cares about some console kiddie.

Just put on a podcast and blast through the campaign. It takes like maybe 5hr in total if you go slow, less if you're just rushing. Once you get to level 11 or 12, make sure to just play crucible or something until you're level 15-17 so you can finish out the level requirements. Seriously, it only takes a few hours at most. 1hr per day and you'd be done within a week.

Give it to me straight boys

Is Destiny 2 worth getting?
I have friends who may be infrequent at playing.
Is there any costs outside the initial cost?

Is the game worth the plunge?

No

Try renting it first, it's what I did. And if you do decide to buy it, don't pay full price.

No consoles, only PC, so I don't think I can rent

Do you own it?
What level did you get to, gear did you get to?
What don't you like about it that makes you say no? (Even if you are still playing)

Other notes:
>I've never played Destiny 1, so gameplay would be new
>I played a shitton of WoW from Classic -> Warlords, so I like MMOs

maybe
If you're hurting for a loot grind game and need it to be a shooter and have something against Borderlands then yes.
If you want a good pvp shooter or good story or interesting weapon progression or rpg elements or an mmo syle social scene then no.

What happened to your Ghost in Arecibo?

So the game is just a FPS Diablo?
Is it not enjoyable for MMO content?

Also all video game social scenes are dead, so no point in really mentioning it

Destiny is as much of an mmo as borderlands is.

PC Nightfall

RakishElias#1135

Two 290ish chars
It's impossible to make friends in this game
It's got nothing to do past grind for guns
Pvp sucks
Pve sucks due to no social

Nah, it's like Diablo-light, there isn't as much crazy shit and loot flying around.
As for MMO content no, not really not yet. There is one raid (6-man) and weekly special rules versions of the strikes (3-man).
Also you can't talk to anyone that isn't in your fireteam, unless you whisper to them.
The social aspect was gutted to avoid "toxic behavior".
There isn't even clan chat user, not even clan chat.

up for it

meeeeehh
people at work made it sound like it wasn't that bad
this sounds horrible

I guess I'll maintain not buying it

hello pls any 2-3 players who waant to join in on Raid right now? PC NA

pls make it painless

If you have friends to play with, it's a perfectly fine game. It's the loners that thrive on interaction with online people that suffer from here.

How many expansions until the robot cancer kills off Discount Rick?

im down, you guys experienced too?

Why not just spam events using a fireteam medallion.

It should be much faster than crucible

Yes, thus the make it painless part

I wouldn't expect them to be consistent
Not worth it if I can't play at all

kk, name? i got alpha team with me.

pls no joke

Is Celestial Nighthawk worth using?

It seems like it doesn't do enough damage to always kill high HP enemies or powerful enemies (like a Wizard or Captain with the yellow health bars or an Ogre or something). And it seems like it's a waste to even use on regular enemies because you can kill them just as easy with the regular weapons. And for bosses it doesn't kill them outright but it can take off a good 20K+ HP so you can either end the fight fast or start it off with a sizeable chunk taken out.

But it just feels like having 3 or 6 shots to put down range onto regular enemies is better overall. It lets you "waste" them to kill smaller enemies without feeling like your wasting something too powerful. I feel like Golden Gun, even for how awesome it is, just isn't as powerful as literally any other super.

And for PVP its especially useless because you don't want to have only 1 shot you might miss. And people die in 1 golden gun shot anyway so why not have 3 or 6?

I have a ps4 pro and a higher end PC, but I’m bored and depressed. I have no games yet for my PC and my ps4 is gathering dust because destiny 2 sucks, should I turn on my ps4 to watch Netflix: American horror story to be exact

It's great for trolling on titan pub week. Spider tank gets it's leg popped, blow sunshot with nighthawk and one shot the tank and trigger the randoms.

I can't tell if posts like these are bait anymore, are you genuinely retarded?

I'll raid.

2/3???

no way someone would type all that out and answer their own question. no one can be that stupid, right?

>I'll raid.
What's your name to send invite?

It's just a question asshole lol, jesus. I'm not some super hardcore destiny player either so I don't really know if it's truly better somehow because IMO it isn't.

I like C.Hawk, but compared to the regular Golden Gun super, it doesn't feel as powerful. And yes, the target that you might kill with the shot explodes and that can be useful, but the explosion doesn't even always kill other shit, so what's the point? Again, the 3/6 shots seems better overall. Lets you put 3/6 onto big targets or to clean up smaller guys.

RakishElias#1135

with the precision hits tree it can shit a lot of damage on fat enemies, like calus

18k~ dmg on bosses?

Delete button for raid dogs?

It has its uses

What degenerate things do you think Thaviks (the Depraved) did with Failsafe's rear exhaust?

4/6 raid

>higher damage isn't better than lower damage
I guess if you're playing for 'fun' maybe

Sent his Vandals to roughly chop it up for salvage while he watched and the Dregs crawled through the wreckage looking for scraps.

inv

4/6 raid

PC NA

It's got a pretty decent campaign and with the expac coming in a few weeks there's soon to be even more story content. The multiplayer stuff is pretty good as well, the change to Nightfalls feel like a decent compromise between vanilla and TTK's approach. The Raid isn't anywhere near as fun and challenging as the worst D1 raid, in my opinion, but it's not actually bad taken on its own.

There's the expansions comic soon that will cost extra unless you plan on getting the expansion pass, and you can also buy Bright Engrams, which are filled with cosmetics and a unique armor set (that needs to be infused up to snuff, so it's also pretty much cosmetic). You can also just get bright engrams in-game so they're not necessary to purchase.

Overall? I can only say I felt it was worth the plunge for me. I played D1 all the way from beta to year 3, despite its many flaws. I was ready to just drop it altogether with 2, but I didn't. I waited for the PC release and I was shocked to find myself NOT disappointed.

If you like Halo-style gunplay and are intrigued by the aesthetics or lore, get it. D2 is literally the least flawed the franchise has been.

Crucible solo is honestly so fucking aggravating. I can do fucking amazing but the moment I go down my team gets cleaned up twice in the time it takes for me to respawn and connect with them again.
Why are spawns so fucking rigged?

INVITE ME HOMO

>ps4

>November 15th at 11am PT: Focus on the story
>November 21st at 11am PT: Focus on fireteam activities

What does this mean? Is something happening on these days?

stupid fuck

>he doesn't know

>In order to get the Season reward, PCucks have exactly one week to get 10 IB packages
dohoho

Black, redhead, or pink. Using as template for warlock lewd

tell me pls i no smart

Wrong race retard, space niggers are hunters. Humans are warlocks. How do you expect space jamal or shaniqua to ponder the depths of the light you retard?

Not an argument

>get 300 Sins of the Past from clan engram
I love you guys.

It really annoys me that our guardians don't talk.
Like after doing arecibo or what it's called, why can't I talk to my ghost about what happened?

how many tokens do you get per win?

im in Grantrithor#1760

twitter.com/bungie/status/930481108558286849

Fuck off, fem awoken are best everything

5 if i recall

Cause who gives a shit about a story in a fps?

Best at chimping out and athletics, not deep thinking.

so 40 wins? that's not terrible if you're with a premade over a week

cringe

I do

When does iron banner begin? Next week?

IB gear looks like fucking awful mongolian cosplay and all the weapons are reskins.
So no big loss there.

>Season reward
the wat?

Then you are playing the wrong game user.

>Implying it is hard when you get 21 free packages from just doing the challenges across 3 characters

If you can't hit 10 holy shit. Even I hate crucru and did it in 2 days on console.

Apparently, you get one unique reward each season - season one's is a unique emblem with a flaming wolf head on it. It's very ugly, not worth the effort unless you want bragging rights (and the Trials emblem is better for that).

Anybody doing PC Nightfall at this hour?

Dhuron#1365

so if the traveler is alive or "awake" again or whatever, why are the previous guardian npcs still not guardians? why didnt they get their light back?

So i'm probably just retarded, but i've never seen this planet in the orbit screen, this a new thing or have I just not seen it?

I normally think of FWC shaders as being fucking clown colors, but this one's not sobad.

Fastboots when though

because Bungie writing lol

They have them back. In one of the adventures, Cayde makes a joke about his Ghost trying to talk him out of things even though he can die as much as he wants. He also has his arm back.

>tfw raid + underbelly took a little under three hours

fucking delete me to be honest my familia

>He also has his arm back.
cayde was missing an arm? i must be blind and dumb to not have seen that; when did that happen?
thats good to hear though, that they got their light back. i find it kinda lazy that they couldnt add a ghost near these npcs though; that couldnt have taken a long time to do and it wouldnt really impact anything negatively

depends on the gear. it made a great hunter tracksuit in y2.

Why is it never mentioned the Speaker died?
Why was the Shard considered evil?
How does Calus just randomly fucking show up after being exiled to the edge of space?
Why do they never even mention what Warmind logo is all over Terabase?
Where the fuck is Eris
Why the fuck are the Fallen still suicidally throwing themselves at guardians

The answer is Bungie thinks you're a retard and doesn't want to overwhelm you with lore.

Looks like Mercury. Back in D1 the orbit background changes depending on what planet you were last on

When they're trying to get the teleporter to work again, Cayde says his arm got ripped off. He's missing it before you make the jump I think, but I doubt anyone cared enough to look.

We don't have mercury in d2 though do we?

did they nerf glimmer drop rates? I used to always be 999999 and now suddenly I'm down to like 30k

>Why is it never mentioned the Speaker died?
speaking of that, what was the speakers role really? he said he spoke for the traveler but the traveler did not speak to him, so what was he going on about?
i didnt play destiny 1 so this is the first time im seeing him, besides in destiny 1 story summary videos.

2/3 PC Nightfall, please join

>the line where shaxx gets all emotional after you get the 15 kill streak

give this voice actor a raise lmao

We have it as a map in the crucible. That's probably why the background screen changed to it

what's your BN tag?

His mask got crushed and then he got stepped on by two multi-ton rhino dudes, I think it would be safe to say he's symbolically and literally dead
It warps reality, makes creepy ghosts, and attracts bad things like flies
He was always watching, once you crushed Ghaul for him he wants to test you himself
That bothered me, too. Especially when the Warmind pulls all that threatening shit and nobody cares.
They explain this in Destiny 1, she fled the Tower because she thought the Vanguard was not actively doing anything to fight the Hive even though she told them they were coming
Because they're dumb and want the last scraps of your light