/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta on 12/9, 3 days, 3 hunts: G. Jagras, Barroth, Anjanath, PS4 only, requires PSN+
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld,
MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgqNtF0RTt4
youtube.com/watch?v=7yTLOLmE338
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Huntresses

Monstresses

>those legs
what happened

Is MHO fun

Will it fill in the time until World comes out if I jump through those hoops now, since I've basically done almost anything I could want in 4U?

They can't all be winners.

Wow at that point just crop it and never post full version again.

Stylistic choice.

*blocks your HR progression*

With brave cb can you only gp in brave mode with the charge? There's no other gp?

>How the fuck do people do it consistently?
muscle memory coupled with familiarity with when monster roars actually start. Zinogre's roar starts early, Mizu's roar starts early, Narga's roar starts when he moves his head down, Jho's roar starts late, stuff like that.

that said, some roars are easier than others. Mizu's roar is really easy, Narga's roar is decently more difficult, Shagaru's enrage roar relies entirely on muscle memory, and stuff like Zinogre and Gore have really hard roars. Never in my years of MH have I ever dodged Brachy's roar, I'm convinced at this point that it's not possible.

it's a very basic MH game that otherwise includes the better, tastefully implimented version of hunter arts. it's alot grindier and built 100% around you grinding asinine coins and event items with a group, rather than being mostly accessible solo.

it's free and theres probably chink translations now, so why not. more fun than pretending you want to go play 2nd gen again. good enough to go get 10-20hours out of it at the very least

floaty controls and combat
what little new monsters they have are largely uninspired
i also hear its grindy as fuck and not in the typical MH way

if you just want pretty graphics, you could do worse i guess.
i'd suggest frontier over it if you value gameplay though, you'd have enough time to reach G rank and get some basic gear probably.

>It's a monster roars three times consecutively
Fuck me.

Catch!

this is why earplugs is the greatest skill to ever exist

>it's a molten tigrex backs up and roars 6 times consecutively

catch these hands.

Are what's good in life.

>waste all my narga mats on a bow that sucks
>save like an utter retard
who /brainlet/ here

>huntresses are what's good in life
>huntresses don't exist
>what's good in life doesn't exist
>there is nothing good in life

If you hunt a monster a lot you'll get to know the timings with experience.

How many monsters even have dodgeable roars with E+1 anyway? I only bothered rolling through Zinogre and Deviljho roars.

You don't need E+1 at all to roll through Zin and I definitely rolled through Jho's without it once.

Now you're getting it.

>sort my item box manually in MHXX
>autosort in one motion by accident because the muscle memory is still there
>quitout
>mash through and save by accident because my quitout muscle memory doesn't include not saving
i took a break before spending an hour re-sorting my box.

Don't worry, /mhg/.
I'm here. I'm always here.

This is now officially a Brave thread.

Shut up, Blanche.

lol nalaraja armor

what autism could possibly inspire a box sort? Just use the fucking default you mong

I have also autosorted my equipment box before through just pressing the buttons I always press when I'm looking at my item list to sort it. It's more automatic than typing a frequent password or something, it just happens.

>lol nalaraja armor
not my picture

>what autism could possible inspire a box sort
goes a lot smoother for me because everything is in japanese, so I can't read shit to find out what it is. I put something in a slot and I can remember where it is easier. Makes finding individual pieces in the box easier. Just personal preference.

パンツ

>play xx
>monster breaths on me
>stunned
>hit monster until it limps
>monster changes zone
>follow monster
>monster flies away to the other side of the map
great game capcom

and fags want peco back

Damn right I do. Toot toot faggot.

so why do you complain about the cancer it caused?

>monster is trying to get to it's nest to sleep since it's about to die
>can't make the direct transition so it moves to a zone that lets it
>you aren't good enough to finish it in this zone
>leaves to sleep

Git gud

>it's
>for a possessive
user

post sexy monsters

The monster leaves the second you run up to it. There's no time to finish it. And Brave is a pain to use. Not fun at all. There's nothing good about XX expect the item delivery corps. Generations does everything else better. I'm going back to it.

but this is neither

solid bait, made me reply.

XX has literally everything Gen did. Theres no reason to go backwards.

Try running lance and charging down fleeing monsters. It is frustrating that many weapons cant keep up with limping speed. Alternately, flashbang them ( fire in the hole!)

Brave CB can be taxing to play during basic quests, Ill give you that. If you want a comfy playstyle, run some air style

>replying to it

>Tfw Lance charge is even faster in World

This thread is boring Ill reply to any and all I please. ( mostly XXfriends)

How many monsters are in MHW?

Plenty.

Actually zero, I can't believe they did this

35 large monsters, according to the list. Team Darkside claims 6-8 maps and 33-35 monsters, I have no fucking clue where they got that from, but it'd match the list.

Astalos' crotch for Worlds!

19 so far
Probably 30+ with two more areas and some Elder Dragons
Definitely 30+ if they do any subspecies

That's so few if you divide it up by map/ecosystem.

They're not limited to a single map despite how much the devs fellate this whole ecosystem idea. We've seen clips of Anjanath in the desert, for example.

Some monsters can appear on multiple maps, and I'd assume that figure includes a few boss arenas. 5-6 main maps seems like the most likely figure.

The forest and the wastes are connected, at least.
But they'll probably have quests throwing monsters in a bunch of different maps, like always

>despite how much the devs fellate this whole ecosystem idea
The forest and waste are right next to one another to the point where you can literally walk from one to the other. Monsters roaming around a bit isn't anything surprising.

Where did they claim this?

youtube.com/watch?v=rgqNtF0RTt4 this Q&A

>claim
It's a guess.

I have played previous games, What I mean is that number seems low even when I think back to tri or 4

Tri had like 3 monsters per map + Deviljho dude

This is his reasoning for that count, I don't understand what he's talking about so I think he's just making shit up.

I don't know what he means by Tri, but if it's true that they said they had only revealed half of the big monsters than you just double it.

I have no recollection of any such statement and this is the first time I've ever heard of it, so either they mentioned it to him privately or he's talking shit.

That was mistranslated. The statement was that over half of the currently revealed monsters were new.

Probably talking shit, but I find it hard to believe that they only brought back 4 monsters. We've probably seen the vast majority of the new ones, but I imagine there are more returning ones.

I don't find it hard to believe that there will be 40 large monsters, that seems like a good number, but they have stayed very mum about the actual large monster number, so outright saying "yeah half the monsters were revealed" is just kinda fishy

My wife.

I love the wycademy uniform

That's a cute girl (male) you have for a wife!

Playable Wyverian when?

>wanting to play as one of (((them)))

Is there any evidence of Wyverian hunters?

Playable monsters when

Is he a hunter though?

I think it was mentioned somewhere that he is, but don't take my word for it.

Holy shit end this Chameleos meme I've been slamming him with a fucking high rank lance for fucking years just DIE

>Using blast arc shots in brave mode turns you into an artillery gun

Whats the hardest quest in 3U? I just did the last urgent quest and want to try it out.

Wake up!

super brachy/ivory

Moga? Mark of a Hero. For the Port, some of the event quests have gigantic monster HP.

the shitty japanese capcom tv show is having MHW on right now if you're interested
youtube.com/watch?v=7yTLOLmE338

Is that a piss bottle in front of Ryozo?

Radobaan is actually cool as fuck, why do people hate it?

>why do people hate it?
>hey, this is a new game, new generation, new monsters
>here's a new monster for you: uragaan but covered in bones
I mean I like Uragaan, but that's just lazy.

But this footage showed off a whole bunch of new moves.

>a whole bunch
Like what? There's a double rolling attack and a little bit Jho-like chin swipes.

Stream confirmed that the beta will contain the Training Area! Knock yourself out on that Motion Value testing.

Roll into chin slam into roll
Bone mines
Rolling on its side like a spinning top

>odogaron dragging the legiana's corpse to its nest
that's pretty fucking cool