Bad Touch Edition

Previous mission News:
1)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

2)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

3)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

4)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T39oyjDnciQ
store.steampowered.com/app/559100/Phantom_Doctrine/
youtube.com/watch?v=lhuZId9zWb8
youtube.com/watch?v=g5MC9oN1NAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fresh reminder that this is a thing:

youtube.com/watch?v=T39oyjDnciQ
store.steampowered.com/app/559100/Phantom_Doctrine/

WOTC VERSION WHEN

I've been playing Out Of The Park Baseball, makes me wish there was a spreadsheet simulator version of XCOM, more focused on administration, finance, and even politics involved with an alien invasion. Am I crazy or was that what Pavonis's game was supposed to be like?

Wow, we did it to the next thread

So does anyone know how much XP Lost give?

Doesn't matter if it's a thing when it doesn't have a set release date.

I thought it was like 1/4th of normal but I could be crazy.

Reminder that Geist is the real monster.

Judging that it took 2 lost kills for a rookie to gain a rank I'd say 2 lost = 1 alien, Although that's not accounting for assist experience

Weird. How much did you pay for it?

My followers will now be reading this in my voice.

Pastebin now notes xcom2.smods.ru you filthy pirate hookeers

Pistols are Useful.

Is XSoldier compatible for WOTC yet or nah.

ADVENT think they slick... HE DABBIN

ADVENT confirmed Mossad?

>page 6 already
No please.

the assassin is a cute

Maybe if she wasn't the cuntest in the world.
Now,the Ethereals are a whole nother story.

After playing LW1 for like 300 h I got a little bored and checked out latest LW2 patch, I haven't played since like 1.2 . And there is nothing really wrong with the game, it still feels like long war experience but it just isn't very much fun. The strategic layer sure is pretty complex, but it requires a lot of micromanagement. Troops require a lot of micromanagement too with weapon mods for different specs(why is hair trigger and scope a separate thing).

And the biggest factor for me are missions, holy fucking jailbreaks. Sometimes the mission has like 26 turn timer and map is ENORMOUS, so clearing the map without a shinobi is a total bullshit, but even if you kill everyone it takes like 10 minutes to move everyone from the jail to the evac even with zip mode. And later on in the game you get jailbreaks with like 6 people in it, so have fun moving 12 units one by one. It's just tedium and doesn't add anything interesting to the gameplay, sure there are reinforcements sometimes but most of the time they just die on overwatch. Same thing with smash and grab, after the fun part of killing aliens there's like 5 minutes of just moving to crates and running to evac.

I think LW2 is still a solid mod, but it's just missing the fun factor for me.

T b h I have always found timed missions not fun.
LW2 just kicks it up a notch in cancer.

LW1 is exactly the same, good changes brought down by magnificent design

>Playing LW1
>First Raider crush in August
>set up my sqad at the one side of the map
>After ending my turn, activate one pod in other side of the map
> In the end of ayy turn one Thinman died.
J-jake ?

I enjoy the longer missions, vanilla I can utterly dominate with ease.

Sometimes I think I'm the only person who likes the timed missions. It's nice to have that extra pressure forcing you onwards instead of being able to safely overwatch crawl your way through the map.

I don't mind timers because I play so fast the timer is barely ever relevant, however I don't like the idea of forced timers. Do it in x turns or you lose your squad is just bad design imo. It also tightens difficulty too much in some scenarios, where the timer is so unforgiving you basically have to dash into fog of war to make it. Timers also add up on the rng elements of xcom, unlucky miss or panic can instantly lose you a mission.

I think that LW1 has nailed timers with meld canisters, they are not mandatory by any means, but you get rewarded for playing quickly. If you like playing slow, fine you can afford a mec or 2 anyway from just corpses, if you like playing fast, sure here's some extra meld for risky moves and fast play.

I never think about timers

Am I going crazy or has SetSoldierStat stopped working?

Example
>SetSoldierStat eStat_HP 10 Henry Wood

That's the correct format, right?

Thread could use more Psy.

MECS ARE SUPERIOR.

Shame no one ever saved a webm of an Ethereal panicking from the first game and that I'm too lazy to make one. It is super cute and satisfying.

It's on the humble bundle so I payed 3 dollars.

Rich Evans voicepack when?

When you make it.

So after I got some Lasers and ayy's alloys, is that good to go to reserch UFO's ? I mean, it's better to focus on air game right ? Or I need something else ?

youtube.com/watch?v=lhuZId9zWb8

>page 6
God fucking damn.
Is the classless mod actually good or should I just skip it?
Tryna make my game no longer crash and I am wondering whether I should try to make it work.

Why the fuck does the tank hit for more than a Sectopod?

Probably because logically a longer cannon would hit harder.
It's also the hardest enemy in the game,so it needed to actually be a challenge.

Fair enough but Sectopods are meant to be the best Mechanised weapons the aliens have other than stationary guns

What was the mod that added Skirts? I saw it a month or two ago here but I can't find it on the workshop to save my life.

the ghost in the shell mod

It does sound pretty dumb for a sectopod to be the best t b h.

And, should I sell Meld to Council ? Or I need to
pile up as much as I can in the erly game ?

They're just the ones that ruined the Earth's conventional militaries.
Which makes sense, since theyre way more nimble.

That doesnt mean they're the most powerful though.
Nor does it mean that they couldnt make something else more powerful.
A tank might not be even half as nimble as a sectopod, but could also pack more armour and more gun besides. That wasnt important back when it was fighting Earth's military, but now taht theyre fighting XCom with energy weapons, maybe the big dick tank is worth fielding.

Only start researching UFO if you're on that story mission where you have to go infiltrate a big ass alien ship, otherwise go tech.

>Nor does it mean that they couldnt make something else more powerful.

Well now we know they can make bigger guns, just look at the cannon the chosen bring to fuck the avenger up

>that on a tank
Jesus christ what a horrifying prospect.

Have you built the gene lab yet?
You can look at things you want to get there so you can plan ahead.
You'll usually end up having a lot more than you need anyway since there's only 2 game breakingly useful mods.

Which ones?

If you ever wanted to know what a new player who has a brain thinks of XCOM2, this review actually pretty good:
youtube.com/watch?v=g5MC9oN1NAk

>shilling your own review in a general with people who already own it

>shilling "my own review" that "I" published Feb 8 2016 that has 60k views even though "my" cod review from last week already has 130k
Can you tone down the skepticism just a tad bit lad. I thought this video might be instructive for some here.

obvious shitpost user

Is there any reason to even humor the notion of xcom (either) on consoles? Just wonderin’.

I wouldn't. You miss out on mods. Plus both of them support a controller on PC anyway.

Oh goody, I love ironic shitposting, especially the really creative variants.

no

nope

Never

Mimetic Skin, the one which lets you turn invisible in high cover, and...I think the one which completely shuts down Mind Control? It's been a while since I've played EU.

>memeskin
I forgot how cancerous that was.

Playing XCOM EU on console was what persuaded me to make the leap to PC. It's certainly playable, don't get me wrong - turn-based strategy games work better than their real-time counterparts on consoles - but it's really not a patch on the PC version.

>wasting meld on the anti-mind control one
y tho

there's nothing in the game that can't be killed in one turn to release your soldier from control

Sectoid commanders actually have a pretty bad habit of breaking LOS in Long War and have plenty of health and defense as pod leaders.

I want to ____ the assassin

Only if you don't have a computer.

LW doesn't have meme skin. Checkmate, bitch.

Bluescreen Hounds > Talon Rounds > Tracer Rounds > Dragon Rounds > Venom Rounds > A.P. Rounds

>prioritizing ammo that only affects >50% of targets
>putting ammo that affects 100% of targets in late game at the bottom of the list
shitter detected.

>LW doesn't have meme skin
Ok, well it does, but I was talking about neural dampening, so what does that have to do with anything? I realize he may be talking about vanilla though.

Blue screen rounds are objectively the strongest rounds because they have such a powerful effect on most of the most powerful enemies.
Grenadiers also completely trivialize armor, and the Hunter pistols already ingores armor.
So I think that makes you the shitter desu, there is nothing wrong with that list if you are doing a pure power ranking.

Why can I attack this facility if I don't have the area?

There are the facility leads that let you attack facilities without contacting the region, so that's a possibility.

I wish we still maintained an /xgc/ recommended mods list...

An enormous amount also depends on who is carrying the ammo. A gunslinger with Dragon or Venom rounds can debilitate an entire badly-activated pod, keeping them out of the fight for a turn while you finish off the enemies you were already engaged with. And obviously Talon rounds are a no-brainer on Rangers.

Of course it does, but that doesn't change that blue screen is top tier and ap rounds are bottom tier.

>computer waifu misses a shot but still makes my unit catch on fire
>they were in a safe place to hack the station
>last turn to hack the station
>had to make someone else stay in a psi field to get the objective
>figure the mission ends before the psi bomb explodes by killing the last enemy
>misses with a point blank 98% shot

>figure the mission ends before the psi bomb explodes by killing the last enemy
Spoilers: It doesn't

If I had a 3D printer or something I bet it'd be fun to make xcom chess pieces.

Uber Ethereal could be the king, Ethereal Queen, Thin Man Bishops, Floater Knights, Muton Rooks and Sectoid Pawns.

what pieces would the xcom side be?

Usually in chess the pieces are the same design with a different color.

Not once you get to novelty sets.

Well the hard part about making xcom as pieces is that humans don't have the same kind of diverse silhouette the aliens do.

>don't have the same kind of diverse silhouette the aliens do.
Nah, just pose vahlen with her labcoat and clipboard. Bam, unique silhouette.

King would be Commander's Avatar, Queen would be Jane Kelly, Sniper Bishops, Support Knights, Heavy Rooks, and Rookie Pawns.

Jane Kelly would have the Ranger loadout

I mean in terms of overall form. Humans don't have the stocky build of a muton or slender regalia of ethereal ones.

Well MECs and SHIVs are unique in that manner right off the bat. Maybe SHIV rooks and MEC bishop.

you can get around that with gear
soldier with icarus/archangel armor = knight
mec/spark = rook
regular soldier = pawn

After i discover Mox's rescue mission, do i need to do it immediately or can i wait

you will be forced to do it immediately

wait no shit, i was thinking on the story mission
regardless if it works like a regular rescue mission you might miss your chance when the game rerolls possible coverops

Pawn = Rookie
Rook = Heavies
Knight = Assault
Bishop = Sniper
Queen = Volunteer
King = Support

X2 version:
advent = pawn
andromedon = rook
archon = knight
gatekeeper = bishop
ethereal = king

>support is king

>King = Support
King has to be the commander (but what does the commander look like?). Besides, assault rifles are already represented with rifles.

>Besides, assault rifles are already represented with rifles.
Meant rookies

>commander
maybe the blue avatar?

it fits because its the weakest piece
i would settle with bradford as king
he is the closest we have to a leader with a face in xcom