/fg/ - Falcom General #125

Purestelle Edition

Previous thread: Tag the spoilers so the general doesn't die again.

> PS4 ports for CS1 and CS2 incoming

> Zwei II out on PC store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Trails of Cold Steel III is out right now, news/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- Cold Steel PC guest blogs (written by port programmer Durante, of DSFix fame):
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163720373505/loh-trails-of-cold-steel-pc-guest-blog-3-from

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Estelle is cute. CUTE!

More like dumbestelle.

>jack of all trade, master of none the girl

Don't forget to pre-order CS4 and help Osbourne get his heart back!

>Cold Steel 4 : The Persona 5

out of all kiseki games, which one has the most sidequest/minigames?

We didn't get Crossbell back!

Ao most sidequests. I don't think kiseki really does minigames much except for Sky 3rd

I think it's usually pretty evened out, aside from the 3rd, but so the ones with the most are probably Cold steel 3 and Ao, although Ao's has a big chunk of it being only hunting quests on the final chapter.

Kiseki game in VR when?

What's it like to be headpatted by Randy?

Order 3 copies and you get a signed book.

What is estelle doing during CS3

Bracer things, taking care of Renne, fucking Joshua, getting barred from entering Erebonia because your father is Cassius Bright. The usual.

She wasn't allowed in

Randy-san keeping it real.

Someone should count how many times Tio said Randy-san across both games, because it's cute.

>Osborne being so assblasted over Cassius he bans Cassius' who have maybe a fraction of his strength and genius from entering the country.

I mean, all of them together form a pretty dangerous force, and Estelle has some insane growth, being able to use her father's S-craft by the time Zero happened.

>Shota Adol

Cute. I guess this is the game that explains his wanderlust.

Also before you ask about the resolution, my PC is shit.

So whats the endgame of Kiseki? Will we get all the protagonist joining force in the final game

MUH WIND

By this point i think that's a given. We'll probably fight off the grandmaster using all of the 7 sept-terrions at once.

Sasuga Rean.

>mfw Rixia Mao is the protagonist of a new arc in Calvard

>Ever thinking the protagonist of a new arc won't be a new person altogether

>finally get richard in the 3rd
>crafts have less delay than regular attacks
this can't be right

It's completely right.

Richardddddddd

Adol is the final boss of kiseki.

Rean can beat him with one finger

Go fight!

Soon.

I just found a shining Pikkard in the forest, but it's immune to all damage i try to do to it. What do i do with the thing?

Any worthwhile news from the falcom magazine?

Best girl

>theres a evo voice mod for SC right now

Fuuuuu why no one tell me about this

There's one for FC too, not sure if they're working on the 3rd.

You need to have the latest patch in order for it to work however, not sure if the GOG version is up to the same patch as steam.

Why was Laura so prominent in Falcom Gakuen?

I want some of the other Evo stuff too, but I heard they buffed the enemies into HP sponges too.

Dunno, Alisa is also more relevant than Rean There. Maybe the author likes her?

Because Laura is cute.

The evo changes basically made it like the battle system in Zero/Ao, some thing are way too easy. For example, you have 0 CP turns, where you can use a S-craft and waste nothing.

Ya that is broken.

Popularity poll results:

1. Rean - 1153 Votes
2. Altina - 906 Votes
3. Alisa - 633 Votes
4. Siegfried - 469 Votes
5. Jusis - 451 Votes
6. Fie - 444 Votes
7. Juna - 331 Votes
8. Tio - 301 Votes
9. Laura - 288 Votes
10. Towa - 251 Votes

What unlocks skills in Ys Celceta? I had both Adol and Duren randomly unlock a new one so far, but i'm not sure what triggered it. Duren's took longer to pop up compared to Adol though.

Based Jusis.

What did Alisa even do to get such a big boost since last time? Is it just the slutty outfit or did falcom themselves voted multiple times? Oh well, Tiosuke and Jusis made it to the top10 so I'm happy enough.

>no Estelle

Skyfags on suicide watch!!!

This is dengeki's poll for Sen3 characters. You guys need to stop this silliness already.

Then why isn't Olivier #1?

Maybe because it's a sen3 poll and lots of the voters haven't played sky.

The gap between Rean/Alitna and the rest of the characters is noticeable.

Is Hatsuu still in Veeky Forums

If i remember right, he ranked 12, 11 was Randy.

>best character in the fucking series ranked lower than all sen girls
why didn't fujoshi play kiseki?

>all of the sen girls
Uh no? Emma and Millium didn't even get in the top 20, same with Gaius, Eliot and Machias. Unlike new class VII who all got into the top 20. Not even her waifu status could save Emma's shitty character, what a failure.

>false advertising

>all those smiles
Fuck, sen 3's ending hurts.

>Alisa
>Alisha in Zestiria

Really makes me think

Back when they still had hope.

Coming out March 8 2018 apparently.

Western release when

>caring abut PS4 version when we have the PC version

I don't play PC bullshit if i can afford it. I want the cold steel series for my ps4

*avoid it

>PC still didn't get Sen 2

PC will have sen 2 before PS4 does.

Both Olivier and Randy ranked high considering they're barely secondary characters in erebonia not to mention these are waifugames. Fujo votes obviously go to Crow.

Its pretty weird to look at tales and kiseki character poll considering the former is mostly full of guys

The difference is that the cast in Tales tend to have good banter between every single member unlike Cold Steel.

It's unfortunately plagued with a shit story most of the time, on the other hand.

>tales
>good banter

The Eizen - Rokurou relationship is Machias -Jusis but a lot better

For the so called waifu games, one of them does not crack the top 20, the second most popular character is a daughter character and two males made it in the top 5. Crow made the poll twice even.

since when being a daughter character can't be a waifu in Japan?

How much of CS3 is voiced? I think I'll get the gist of what's going on by reading a walkthrough and having voices on.

Dunno if I can wait another two years..

Since Altina is rarely ever treated as one or shipped with Rean that way.

Eizen, Rokurou, and Laphicet were great.

Altina is a waifu character my friend.

>tfw the Reanfags won

Being the MC for 3 full games does that to you.

Not much different from previous games. You're not getting anywhere if you can't read Japanese

Well, tales has way more games so more mcs and rivals too. The previous over all kiseki poll had more guys too. But let's face it Sen3 alone isn't really a character treasure trove and the game itself is even more blatant fanservicey so of course more girls would rank high.

The MC always wins. If they don't the series is considered a failure.

>playing a kiseki game without at least some knowledge of Japanese
Don't.

Japanese devs seem to be a lot better at making great male characters than waifus in general. The guys are the best thing is berseria.

Good. Once we outnumber the oldfags then Falcom can pander to us even harder.

>implying Magilou, Eleanor and Velvet are not great

It's not that they are not great. Just that the guys are better. Nothing can surpass Eizen talking about a man's romance.

>died 30 times to 3rd jaeger on Hard
>restart game on Normal
>beat him without even starting with full CPs and even accidentally equip the wrong quartz.

Jesus fuck the difficulty is so fucked up

>4K remaster

>best wife Anelace not top tier and a replacement for richard if richard didnt exist

why is she so perfect

*Eight-Leaf Blitz you*