/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Splish splash fight club edition

Got the brain fluid beat out of them >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1dyKwzEEYZLomlmXQBAfTGB7AAfz2UBdhpE4oGHgfmzc/edit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PURGE FILTH

Second for League

Post weaponfu

What do you guys prefer for PvP, Saw Cleaver vs Saw Spear vs Beasthunter Saif.

any input from anyone who's used multiple of these?

Spear is best
Faster than saif
Better tricked moveset
Thrust pokes
Retarded r1 l1 combo
Can be more nimble if you know how to use it

I love those meme duels with Ygorl.

All 3 are very strong PvP weapons, I prefer Cleaver over Spear due to more AR on non-Skl builds and am fond of it's tricked moveset more. Saif is the least similar of the 3, its great at roll-catching and closing gaps as well as making gaps. Hard to say which I prefer more between Cleaver and Saif, both fill their roles nicely.

Bought in since it was 35 bucks for game plus DLC. How'd I do

For a chocolate man, not that bad. Rarely see those here.

i rate it samuel out of jackson

Also made this for shits and giggles

fuck patches

i want bloodborne but the only thing different is i can adopt the qt non-hostile crow from hemwick lane

>the qt non-hostile crow from hemwick lane
The what?

I wish friendly Crow could trade items like other Souls games. Could have been a nice way to get solid gems of weirder kinds (poison/arcane etc...) during the mid game by trading random stuff. Could have also been something to do with Ritual Materials.

99 Ritual Blood (5) for one Rating 17 BLT gem of either Waning, Triangle or Radial. Would be nice.

this fella

lure the baddies away and sit next to him its a rite of passage

>mfw I had 0 insight this whole time
I've somehow never known about this. I need to Make Contact with this bird the next time I play.

>I wish friendly crow would trade items
Imagine the salt if you accidentally R1'd thw crow, causing you to get fucked out of the trader until NG+

>still can't kill the living failures
give me one good reason not to kms

True failure is giving up. Fight on, hunter.

What keeps fucking you up? If it's the meteors, keep on the left side of the Lumenwood and it will protect you from the projectiles.

I still stand by the idea of being able to convert echoes, insight and maybe ritual mats at the workshop to smash gems together to get other gems. Being able to spend resources to make your shitty ATK down curses something else would be so strong. Maybe something like how NiOh does rerolling special effects on weapons. Not exactly, of course, but similar. Mostly I just want to be able to actually use eighty percent of the abyssals I get, really.

There's grace in accepting that something is beyond your capability. What's really true failure is becoming a degenerate Vileblood, you cuck.

the crowd control, i cant get good damage on them when they're crowded together like they do

Dont fight them in a cluster.
Run around the tree and only attack when one is broken away from the rest

Run around and hit the casters, nigger. There is usually one of them at the sides that doesn't really do anything so you can run away from the melee mobs and hit and run the caster.

Divide and conquer, primarily go for casters but melee can be easily parried too.

>wait forever to get summoned for some jolly co-op
>it's another episode of "host hides in a corner mayby throwing a molotov or two"
>fuck it, just let the thing kill me to leave the pussy alone

Why even buy the game if you are just going to have someone else beat it for you. Save the money and watch a fucking "lets play" on youtube you fag.

I always stop attacking and try to get the boss to focus on the faggot host if he does that shit. If I die in the process then at least he'll have to deal with one less insight and a buffed boss

explain

Good idea.
Luring boss to host next time.

cant beat the boss faggot?

There's a murder of crows on that spot, all are hostile except one. Lure em away to kill them without hurting the nice one

i finally fucking got the bastards

What is with the child corpse with the cage of mensis on his head next to the broken yahargul lamp?
Why would a child have one of those on.

To prevent himself from living a tragically long life like

tfw you finish the game before going to side areas and doing dlc, oh well I will try ng+ but I'm a bit scared of ng+ dlc
Is there any guide so I won't miss any npc/side area?

>Is there any guide
There are no guides on the internet, can you actually believe it. Some one in /bbg/ might know, but desu we’re all blood crazed fiends stuck in a dream and noone can be trusted.

Because he was forced to like most others

There's a whole room of children wearing those cages in Nightmare of ensis.

>forced like the others
This does not compute. The people wearing the cages aren't bound to their chairs and their postures indicate that they're sitting there willingly. And they did that because they're going for ascension.

I can forgive a host hiding behind me because let's be honest that's what he summoned me for. What I can't forgive though is
>host summons Henriett for ludwig
At least summon another player that doesn't just needlessly inflate the health of the boss. Or Valtr because he's actually not useless.

The ones inside the room where Micolash is are. I assumed they did that willingly though.

>can't dodge that ONE maria attack
kill me

Probably semi-willingly. I.e they weren't forced to do it at knife point but the cult of Mensis kind of pressured them into doing it and I assume that if any of them had cold feet and tried to skate, they would be forced.

>can't dodge ANY of Gehrman's attacks

That old fuck moves at lightspeed. I dread fighting that cunt more than Orphan of Kos and Ludwig combined. I don't know how people do it.

A mystery badge.

NICE. Do the shops change?

Nope, unfortunately.
No clue what it was meant for.

There's also this, which just has the icon for the Celestial Dial.

Looks kinda like a Church Pick, nice

Turns out I was able to get materials for Lower Loran without farming Watchers or doing online or placing the Defiled Chalice, found all the necessary Ritual Blood (5) from my dungeon+UCW.

P.S Loran Darkbeast is a pussy bitch, the boss I had the most trouble with in both Loran chalices turned out to be the Chalice BSB with the bullshit grab attack.

>stuck on Rom, the asshole spider
>trying to do this game on my own as much as I can
>have looked up a guide a few times on where to go next and that's all
>can't beat the fucking piece of shit, the ice rocks kill me
>watch a video
>the ice rocks don't hit if you run up to him

You bastard...

Was planning on max leveling my character to 70 with 30 vitality, 15 endurance 25 strength and skill, 10 bloodtinge, 15 arcane, and I accidentally leveled up bloodtinge to 11 so my ocd compels me to make it level 15

not going to bed until i beat this bitch maria
fuck it

Can someone help me test my connection on this game? Just need to summon someone and see if the connection lasts more than a minute.
Anyone playing?

They also don't hit you if you keep running diagonally toward her in a circle strafing motion.

And if you were wondering yeah, Rom is a female.

and right after saying this, i beat her instantly
god bless

Still need help? If so where to ring?

So if I convert a kirkhammer to fire, do the blunt attacks still do blunt damage, and are affected by adept gems?

Give me 5 mins, not used my PS4 in a couple months, needs updating.

No, Blunt and Thrust are subtypes of Physical damage. Fire conversion means fire only

I did know that. That would explain the "babies".
I can't stop thinking of it as male though for some reason.

Im at the very first lamp in the DLC. Password is hoont

don’t come back here until you’ve taken those 2 items, stood in every possible space in the game, and held make contact for 30 seconds. Including Rom boss arena and mensis basement

I have a same problem with Amygdala and I keep referring it to as "her" because I call him "Amy" but Amygdala's male while Rom is female so...

K, ringing

It comes last in the list, after the other DLC hunter badge, so it is very likely that it was cut from the DLC.

What I'm actually probably going to do next is delete Bloodborne from my PS4 and reinstall it offline from my Patch 1.0 disc copy, then try spawning every DLC item.

Thank you. Was the connection stable enough on your end? Any lag?

You are welcome. Seems it works just fine.

And I just killed it.

>hmm, strategy, gotta kill the spiders, avoid the crystals, then go in carefully and attack
>die 20 times
>LOL IGNORE THE SPIDERS JUST RUN UP TO IT AND ATTACK DUDE
>win

Great.

Great. I have not played bloodborne in nearly a year, would you like to coop once I figure out where i am in the game? I've totally forgot.

??? what will that accomplish ???

Sure, just let me know when and where

I want Lady Maria to riposte me and whisper naughty stuff to my ear!

Okay, seems i last left the game just after beating vicar amelia. Ive just hit the first forbidden woods lamp and am ringing now. Same password.
Ill be playing slow and steady too, im pretty rusty.

why is the wet nurse so easy

On my way, be there in a few minutes

Why is every boss aside from a select few so easy?

Tired from fighting the bloody crow of cainhurst

if i kill gehrman (after eating the umbilical cords) and i die from the moon presence, will i be able to go back and do the dlc before NG+?

Lady Maria is the best waifu agreed.

Probably because you're coming to it after the Chalice / DLC content. But it's not like any of the Lord Soul bosses in DS1 were muich to write home about either save for maybe 4 Kings.

Correct. It also allows you to get the Burial Blade without going to NG+.

what happens if i eat all four cords?

Your game file gets deleted and Miyazaki comes to your house to rape you.

Nothing special. Moon Presence still shows up. You just get another +3 insight or whatever.

Is 99 arc worth it or should I just stick to 70?

If you're staying at 98-120, stick to 70-90 Arc. You're gonna want at least 40 Vit, 70 Arc allows that at BL98

i just want to finish this game but i still have the orphan to go, i can't even kill the fish trolls fuck me

Thanks to the anons for helping out in the woods. Did i miss anything important there or did we do a good sweep?

Did you get cannon and runes?

>fish trolls
Are you talking about the sharks? They're one of the strongest basic enemies in the game. No shame in struggling with those

Yes, got the cannon and i think all the runes, not too sure on them though. Gonna run through Hypogean Gaol now and grab the loot then ill be ringing at Darkbeast Paarl, should take me 10-15 mins or so.

hmmm

Hanging around near paarl. Is it time to ring?

>Kosmfags rigging votes

REMINDER
>Sinister chalice race

WHEN
Nov 17 at 11pm UTC, which is
>3pm in Los Angeles & Vancouver
>6pm in NYC
>11pm in London
>10am on Nov 18th in Sydney & Melbourne

WHO?
>THE LEAGUE VS EXECUTIONERS

WHY?
>Church weenies need to be taken down a peg

WHAT???????
>docs.google.com/document/d/1PIWNIOpp2j3Hc7XJBZu_1yEYKAEIXxHEXiY0--sykqw/edit

Addendum
I've tested a couple of the glyphs from zullie's first pack, but they were a bit underwhelming. Also I can host for the League but someone will have to run some of or all of the following glyphs and tell me what's the hardest: zegwic77/dfebattu/jpkbnd99/vvmf7bbf

I've created a notes taking template here feel free to copy it docs.google.com/document/d/1dyKwzEEYZLomlmXQBAfTGB7AAfz2UBdhpE4oGHgfmzc/edit

We need an executioner host, so one of you weenies claim dat shit and stay spoiler free.

Quick describe the last boss you fought as a Spongebob quote

I think the Cords will get deleted from your inventory in NG+ anyway so might as well eat them all on NG if you're snacking on any of them.

>covenant spelunk race is being held on the one Friday night I leave the house

Rancid beasts, every last one of you.

Make me proud, wheelbros

There were a couple items in DaS3 that had prototype versions that used the same IDs before the DLC came out.