/cwg/ Classic WoW General

They're back and still crying edition

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Vanilla_WoW_Wiki
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/
github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1262-modui-complete-vanilla-ui-clean-but-modern/

previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/gmioxa.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>They're back and still crying edition
t. warrior/mage/rogue/priest

>roll troll shaman for A E S T H E T I C S
>looked like a complete assclown since level 3

I'm so embarrassed in org I wear stuff that looks like plate and pretend to be a warrior.

Who would win:
10,000 years of game design and 100 million dollars

or 2 goldbois

if Blizzard listens to us, the community, they'll fix outdated things like Hunter ammo and unstackable soulshards.

troll ele shams are the GOAT aesthetic at 60

Femtaur fury warriors*

>1. Cast blessing on raid member #1.
>2. Cast blessing on raid member #2.
>3. Cast blessing on raid member #3.
>37. Cast blessing on raid member #37.
>38. Cast blessing on raid member #38.
>39. Cast blessing on raid member #39.
>40. Cast blessing on raid member #1, its running out by now.
>41. Cast blessing on raid member #2, its running out by now.

troll shamans are top tier looks, the fuck are you on about

But then you make engineering and tailoring less attractive. I have both wl and hunter at 60 and while it's a pita to carry around it also feels good when you get big bags/quivers. Wouldn't change it desu.

Cast blessings at start of raid
Cast blessing at minute 15
No minute 30 because 24 minute BWL run

so you'll have your buffs up for 10 minutes out of a 24 minute run?

this won't happen in actual vanilla rofl

but you have like 4-5 paladins in a raid so it's not that bad.

Would moving all buffs for blessings and more blessings higher up the rest tree make Ret viable in vanilla?

So is leveling Ret as a paladin and switching to Reckoning at 34 to insta-proc it with a /sit macro a meme or is it actually better than going full Ret the entire way?

no

Blessing of kings as actually the last talent point for Ret at launch

I was going to rant about how I hate anyone asking for change, for ANY changes
I have a really small hope for WoW Classic, but reading this thread, the official forum or the subreddit about it is totally killing me
I wanted blizzard to officially say that the game was dead instead of hoping for it to come back, to not let me in this limbo for 2 more years but WoW Classic will be shit, and it will not be the fault of blizzard, but all of you asking for ANY FUCKING CHANGE
I hated every retail players back then, and I don't know why it would change, fuck all of you, WoW is dead

imagine being full ret and still healing, absolute cuck class.

Why do people hate the idea of rebalancing the classes a bit so that they more viable builds? Leave the builds that were good in vanilla alone, take the shit ones like druids and give them small buffs to make them better.

I always thought the great parts of TBC and vanilla were the idea that you needed 39 other people to do the shit that really mattered, unlike the modern game where the other 4/9 might as well be bots because the game is so easy.

is he dying? have the retail bulls won?

Nigga, in Vanilla you only needed 15 people out of 40 to be halfway decent and you could easily carry a raid of mostly mouthbreathers to clears.

>I always thought the great parts of TBC and vanilla were the idea that you needed 39 other people

did you actually play Vanilla?

Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you

*slams desk*

>If I want to tank as a paladin, I should be able to.

I started at the end of vanilla, my brother had already done all the big raids due to starting on launch. Yes, I was there watching him play and it was some of the most autistic shit including all the bugs and disconnects.

So I never played vanilla in the same way you did but I was there as a witness and I played TBC up to WOTLK and then quit until now.

I'd love a vanilla remastered, or regular vanilla up until 1.12 then 1.13-1.20. I think they wont wanna do it though, especially considering the natural progression of the legacy realms from vanilla - >tbc and beyond. UNLESS they are planning to do endless progression standalone realms for each expansion which would be fucking cool but I wonder if there's enough players to support that type of model.

>If I want to feral cat dps, I should be able too

I actually don't mind ret doing less dps in PvE content. Obviously they shouldn't be the top DPS because they bring a lot of utility and buffs/heals.

But personally I wouldn't mind having crusader strike. I enjoy the ret class fantasy but unfortunately playing one is so boring. Just autohitting and judgement.

So druids would have stealth, be the best 1v1 class, be good healers, tanks, physical and caster dps ?
Nice balance.

will the retail bulls leave us alone once they find out Vanilla wasn't actually hard? everyone on reddit always brings up how they want to play Classic because it's before WoW turned casual.

Who /voted for class balancing but is fine if they don't/ here

i don't want classic to be balanced but at the same time i don't want to play rogue again but why wouldn't i

I didn't vote but i'd love a vanilla where classes were balanced.

Let's fix Vanilla.
>Class Balancing
>Raid/Dungeon re-tuning to bring it on par with the new class balance and more mechanics then 'don't stand in fire'.
>Heroic Dungeons or Keystone style dungeons
>Heroic raids that award slightly better gear and are much more challenging (think Mythic)
>Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds
>Retune gear to the stepping stones of dungeon -> heroic/keystone dungeon = normal raid -> heroic raid

Instead of playing the same boring shit that people have theorycrafted for years let's revamp it and make it more enjoyable. Instead of having two button rotations and hardly any bosses with more than one 'mechanic' we can get a challenging and rewarding game that gives gear based on skill rather than time investment. The only people who want 'pure Vanilla' are those who want to be handed the best gear by afking in 40 man raids and battlegrounds

personally I don't care what they do with Classic. I'm just going to check it out for a few weeks during a content drought. I hope they make it less boring than real Vanilla was lmao.

Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you

Stacey asks you what character you main. How do you respond?

Calm down alex

Here's a thought:
1. shifting doesn't break CC, you get stuck in the form you were CC'd. Can be sheeped in shift.
2. Actually make it hardcoded through bonuses that the max dps of a stealthcat druid is 80% of the dps of a rogue, boomkin is 80% of a mage, bear is 80% the tank of a warrior, etc.
3. Druids become very vulnerable to OOMing to encourage shifting in to forms during combat that don't use mana, they regen mana at a marginal pace when in a melee form.
4. Tree form has reduced physical resistances so it has cloth armour, is very easy to kill in melee.

This is probably exactly how the class was designed but having druids shift in/out and break all CC with no work is incredibly broken to top it off they can do great heals and have very strong tanks. By OOMing them quickly unless in tree or boomkin form and then making CC's lock them in form for duration to can force the druid to actually have to choose how to play a certain engagement instead of being the jack of all trades and master of 3.

If we get Battlemasters for Battlegrounds, i'd like them to implement Dungeonmasters/Raidmasters too so you don't have to waste hours getting to the instance.

demon hunter

Chads only play warriors

Warlock. Please now leave my dungeon.

Voted for balancing as I also voted for new content, but I'll be fine with none. Even though more people voted for balancing I dont think they'll do it because it's a bigger issue for the no-balance people than it is for those who voted for.

female gnome?

>it's a bigger issue for the no-balance people than it is for those who voted for.
You have no facts to back this up

Level as prot. AOE grind and keep a set of int gear around so you can heal dungeons.

keep telling them user. fucking retail and wraith babies killing classic

Is Staysafe our boy?

He means only paladins want balance, the other 8 classes are fine with how it is.

does retail refer to vanilla? That was retail once.

I know you are appealing to the other members of your clique but try and show some intelligence.

>Run a Xp, win7,8,10, vista VMs
>cMangos personal server manages to run on all of them
?
How can people think 2 years for something thats already working

Have you seen how the super purists react to anyone even mentioning changes?

>I know you're appealing to you're clique but try to show some intelligence

Yeah I dont, cause there are none. Though every thread consists of at least 50% bitching and crying about a majority voting for balancing. I doubt there would have been such an uproar if it was only 45% for balancing.
Then again, might just be a vocal minority of frog posters.

Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you

>Will be able to live off my interests by next year
>Will be able to play classic WoW daily and slowly die infront of my screen

Damn, I hope classic comes out next year so I get something to do.

The people who act the most negatively are the ones who are gonna play it even if it is Legion wearing Vanilla as bodysuit

didn't you hear user? Legion cucks have 180 iq

Fuck me I'll be le world traveling with gf for the whole 2018, is there a chance it comes out in 2019 ?
Or should I just dump her and keep the saved money to play wow non stop for 2 years ?
She gives the best rimjobs though, not sure I can find that again.

>live off of interest

is this some new variant of saying "I work from home"?

a.pomf.cat/gmioxa.webm
>why did he hesitate?
>FUCK YOU *autistic trembling and breathing*

so whats actually wrong with having battlegrounds possible at the start of the server? Does this change anything at all?

When this comes out, and all the classes are Wrath style trash, are you going to apologize to Alex?

He has always been right.

What, why are rets then not taken on raids? Blessing of kings so shit?

No, it's a casual variant of saying "I live off my dividends".

I will destroy you.

Arenas can have their time to shine in TBC+. Rated Battlegrounds are unnecessary because PvP ranks and gear are enough to keep people playing BGs and keep them fun. Update the BGs with tiny and justifiable QoL improvements.

I can see a world where Heroic dungeons/raids exist. Have "Normal (Classic) mode", which is the regular vanilla dungeon/raid, and "Heroic (re-tuned) mode" with new/enhanced encounters. Absolutely no dungeon finder or lootboxes.

If they enhance vanilla it has to be in line with the vanilla experience, it can't make things easier at all. Class+gear+pve rebalance is completely justifiable since the fun aspect outweighs any potential negatives. They're going to have to sprinkle some new things in there to keep people interested imo, it is a business venture after all.

Just keep it subtle.

some want to re-/experience Hillsbrad Foothills wPvP again before BGs. Im not too fussed about it.

ill just silently walk away, shaking my head. "I should've known better than to petition nu male blizzard for a classic server"
then I'll just probably die in my sleep alone Idk.. I'm nearly 30.

fukken this

oh yeah fair enough. Though I figure thats still basically going to happen due to all the people leveling in the wPvP areas around the same time.

because it was changed two months or so after release and no server plays on that version

Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you
Fuck you

if there is any changes i will literally delete my 12 level 110 legion characters and tell blizzard to fucking die

Kys

idle threats, they could add everything except LFD/R/tmog, and you would be like grrrrrrrr but you'd never stop playing

>Rated Battlegrounds are unnecessary because PvP ranks and gear are enough to keep people playing BGs and keep them fun
The issue with that is there no reset. You have to keep grinding to maintain your rank. It's either 100% time investment or nothing. Typically once most people rank to where they want to be they stop, burned out due to how the system works. I would advocate to keep that system in place but also add a rated battleground system that would allow you to hit those ranks based on your rating at the end of the season. The first season would end at about the same time as people start getting R14.

The issue at the core of Vanilla is the lack of content at 60. Adding more things to do, that are optional, is not a bad idea.

im going to murder you fucking gen Z little shit, you wont live to play that game

Yeah, that's why I'm not too bothered. It just means that those who start a month later will have a rough time getting through hillsbrad with lvl60s around every corner.

fuck OFF shitstain you aint getting your baby casual shit system
GRIND OR DIE

You cast blessings on classes not individuals, you dumb fuck.

The level 50+ zones are the ones people are going to have the most difficult times in. At the end of the day, experienced PvP realm players know the best zones/techniques to questing around ganks. That said, there is nothing you can do sometimes if the opposing faction has some sort of zone-wide ganksquad setup going on.

>I want balance changes because social equality is progress

>tfw shooting up redridge is the only think keeping me from shooting up the school

lmao is soda supposed to be an authority on pservers now? he literally plays on a GM spawned 60 on Elysium.

>zone-wide ganksquad setup
i love when this happens because it inspires/forces people to band together and fight.

Is it possible to make a cute fem dwarf priest? The male model looks like a constipated oompa loompa while running.

>the absolute state of casuals
>this includes most people itt

Why would I level a character to 60 and grind out all the stupid shit I need to grind out to be relevant when I can just purchase it for $100? I've done the whole experience before, I just want to enjoy endgame and not blow up my life because of it. I'm in my mid 30s now, I have kids and shit dude.

Is this actually true? It seems very possible considering I never saw him leveling up, and there would have been talk about camping him nonstop.

Horde
>Good racials for
>DPS do 20% less threat in raids
>tanks can survive 1 second longer in the poop

Alliance
>DPS, tanks and healers can survive an extra 2 secods in the fire
>Tanks do 42.857% more threat in raids
>Tanks do 42.857% more threat in dungeons
>Better in PvP because they have progression time cut in a third so they have more gear

What was meant by this post.

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but i want connected flight paths from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but i want AH in every city from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but I want those AH connected on a faction base from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but I want death coil to cause terror from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but I want tier gear to look good from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but I want honor system from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but I want battlegrounds from the start

>I WANT PURE VANILLA
>but I want maraudon from the start

>yet alliance is still shit and can't play
makes you think

All these things were in Vanilla thefore they fit in a vanilla server.
Except cross realm battlegrounds fuck that.