gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/album/227064
youtube.com/watch?v=EBhFHJMVfiI
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzxyXbMZxBMzsLMKPy7UZlgw3JaR-4x1a
docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SpriteRenderer-flipX.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anime > videogames

Is there still hope for Undertale-like games or has that ship sailed for good?

OKAY LET'S HOLD SCRUM MEETING. YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO TELL WHAT ARE YOU WORKING AT

Just make what you want to make.

Adding ladders.

I'm sure there are still plenty of faggots and tumblrinas that play shit games out there user.

WORK ON LADDERS

It's like terraria, the game is ridiculously popular but nobody is making a proper clone. The opportunity is just sitting there up for grabs and the demand is ridiculous but nobody is taking it.

There are plenty of Terraria clones.

2D game with breakable blocks =/= terraria clone.

In theory, making levels
In reality, getting super fucking angry because my upstair neighbor won't stop stomping like a retarded elephant

Making barrels that drop health vials and stuff. Not sure what kind of breaking i want for them, Half-life styled poof into gibs or somewhat canned "leave the bottom half"

Looking at how much effort is involved in language localisation

can you go back to /v/ or what
you stick out like a sore thumb in these threads, no one asked you for your manchild pleb opinion

Its not really viable investing time into a terraria clone as a 1MA. Chunk loading is widely known to amateur devs and has lost its magic, and the devil is in the details. Not to mention the threat of terraria 2 looming with their many millions of dollars behind them.

MAKE LEVELS. GET SOME TEA AND IGNORE THE NEIGHBOR
MAKE BARRELS
ANALYZING THINGS IS GOOD BUT MAKING THINGS IS BETTER

But i already made a barrel, now i need to decide how it'll break.

Writing the demo for product catalogue web tool concept contest (work related), just so I can win it, have client agree to it and then ask my management again, what is closer - me leaving or me getting a promotion.

Opengl tutorial in prep for my first 3d-game attempt.

When I make small lewd game for fun, is it bad idea to put it on the same itch.io page where all my sfw games located? Should I create separate account for lewds? Or is there better place for placing lewds besides itch.io?

I NEED TO IMPLEMENT SOUND EFFECTS BUT I DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING IT
How do you handle sounds of tens of bullets being shot all at once?

I have no tea.
But at least it seems the neighbor stopped.
Still no idea how the fuck I'll make a level

HNNNNGH

>and one getting a grand from Epic Games.
WHAT!? Who's getting that? Wing Commander dev?

Probably best to have a different name for your nsfw stuff. Doesn't even matter if people know it's you. It's just good so new people who see your sfw stuff aren't instantly put off by the nsfw stuff.

I think an amateur dev could do that kind of game but needs to have a unique spin on it and focused scope.

YOU SHOULD ANALYZE THE POSSIBLE WAYS TO BREAK IT AND SEE WHICH ONE SUITS THE GAME THE MOST
WRITE THE DEMO AND BE SURE TO WIN THE CONTEST
EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
SOUND EFFECTS CAN MAKE THE GAME, THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT TASK. FIND YOUR INNER STRENGTH AND SYNERGIZE WITH YOUR DEV ENVIRONMENT

I don't agree on that matter.
As a passionate terraria player myself I can definitely say that there is visible demand of the good terraria clones and almost no satisfaction of that demand. I can go as far as say that this little niche is almost completely unexplored.
The only thing is that making good terraria clone is HARD. But if you are willing to work lot and hard it is completely feasible to invest time in devving such game - it WILL be in high demand if you pull it off.

Uh, he specifically asked for an opinion. He got one, which incidentally was affirmative (yes there is a market for a particular player demographic). This isn't a hugbox for snowflakes with feefees. If you cant deal with a simple offhand insult here, I would strongly reconsider your choice of platforms for discussion.

you've seen the starbound hype and how shitty the game actually is. there's definitely a demand for 2d minecrafts.

You are probably right. I've thought about it a few times but like said, hard to put a unique spin on it. There's also starbound which jumped on the space theme nice and early. How exactly do you improve on Terraria? It's a pretty lofty goal.

No recap today?

>Friend got successfully kick-started with around 15k

>friend
>upset at their success
Pick one

I'm fucking jealous but completely happy for him. Nothing wrong with that my man.

he was working for his success while you were posting tired memes on anonymous imageboards

I'm curious, link his game please.

what is good about undertale?

it got hyped for fuck so i played it, and i couldnt last 20mins. it was trash

Yeah you're right, fuck this board. See you in 3 years or something

nothin but im sposed to be updating still not dead

levels

a bit of C++ and how to organize code

wtf is scrum

I've never gotten it either. The only explanation I can find is that it has a very vocal audience of lefties/tumblerinas/SJWs and some normal people got swept up in the hype. That is the only explanation I can find since I don't understand their mentally ill viewpoints so I won't pretend to understand what they like about that game. Because there's nothing to like. It is trash.

glad its not just me. probably "a game for people who dont play games"

its like everyone who likes Macklemore doesnt actually listen to hiphop because he's shit compared to everything else in the genre

top notch music
furry autism bait characters
quirky humor
retro aesthetic
fun gameplay
story deconstructs videogames, specially jrpgs

This would be hotter if you covered her tits so it wasn't so obvious it was lewd until you looked closely. also balloon tits suck

Alright whoever advises people to start by making gameplay can fuck right off. Start by making a save system if you don't want headaches further down the line.

/blog

Interactable cloth physics, which can work like spider web, you can grab it, nudge it with weapons etc

>top notch music

Granted

>furry autism bait characters

Granted

>quirky humor

More like 'cringy """"humor""""'

>retro aesthetic

No, just really, really shitty art

>fun gameplay

Who could possibly think this? You'll find equivalent gameplay on any shitty free flash-games site

>story deconstructs videogames, specially jrpgs

Possibly, jrpgs are shit as well and I steer away from them so I wouldn't know

I don't know how to make a save system though

Start by making actually decent code so implementing a save system or any other feature further down the line isn't a headache.

so basically Reddit: The Game

> fun gameplay
> fun

read: generic, shallow, pleb bait

got it

>finished Undertale
>"top notch" music
>can't remember any music from the game

It's like people don't even know what a good game soundtrack is. Has any Undertale fan played Diablo, Deus Ex or Oblivion?

The only good tracks from Oblivion were recycled tracks from Morrowind and 'Exploration 7'. So there was exactly one good original song in the entire Oblivion soundtrack.

How do I save the state of doors, buttons and enemy AI?

'Wings of Kynareth' is what I mean by Exploration 7.

Watching this vimeo.com/album/227064

It might not be your cup of tea but dismissing it entirely the way you're doing it just makes sound like an idiot

this is a good theme, wether you like it or not
youtube.com/watch?v=EBhFHJMVfiI

and for the record I don't even enjoy playing undertale, there's some charm to it but the "humor" just kills it for me

Meanwhile
>everybody remembers The Sims 1 music
>even that fucking cunt paper kid whistling
>this game isn't known for its music
People just can't into details.

you are retarded bro.

doors and buttons are easy, one\off or pressed\pressedx times

enemy ai can be easy but need more data.

Morrowind barely had any music and Oblivion just recycled the main theme. How can you said all of these are recycled?
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzxyXbMZxBMzsLMKPy7UZlgw3JaR-4x1a

The problem is that the games I mentioned not only have good music, they also make an impact. You will be singing them in your head while not playing.
Years later, whenever someone plays those songs, it will instantly throw you back into good memories. I don't actually want to compare game scores, just pointing the importance of a game having memorable music.

The explanation is really simple though:
Appeal to furrfags.
This is enough to carry your game to success no matter how shitty it is.

In unity, how do you flip a sprite?
The online answers gave me to use flipX in spriteRenderer but i can't find it anywhere, did they removed it?
how should i flip the sprite now?
If i change my GameObject's localScale, it goes invisible.

This sounds like those example tracks that's installed with media software. Completely generic.

I remember Oblivion's music and it's definitely not a fond memory. Some of the most banal fantasy drek I've ever heard.

What's proper elbow topology?

docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/SpriteRenderer-flipX.html

Dunno what you are using.

bottom right corner

Left or right spike traps agdg?

neither

right looks better, but too blocky for no reason.

W-wait, is that you bokube? Is the right trap at least 10k tris?

Pretty sure the sprite render component has flipx and flipy checkboxes

nvm, fuck it.
I'm using an old version, that's why it's missing.

Clearly you're right, nevermind the thousands of youtube covers and remixes, literal orchestral concerts, official and fanmade records and overall general and critical acclaim of the game's soundtrack

Not sure its way less poly's than the old one though

>what matters is not the poly, but the tri count
And... dropped. Poly count directly correlates with the tri count, idiot.
What really matters is vert count. Tri count only matters in forward rendering, which is not standard in either Unity or Unreal.

sorry for not having an emotional attachment to a boring piece of music.

i've pirated his unity so I have the model, brace yourself

You can see the wireframe right;

Here

Where is your tutorial?

>Millions of flies eat shit

which do you think is more fun,

one character that can have multiple skills and equipment load outs

or multiple characters with set skills and equipment

Loadouts/equipments aren't fun unless they're simply stats. Let the player switch weapons on the fly for fun's sake.

i guess thats what i meant, one character that can switch weapons or a league like system with set skills

Not him, but you know... even some generic pop musics have fan-made covers, so...

You remember how in Half Life you could save anywhere, anytime and have the game load exactly like it was? Even the particles were in the same place.
This is very trick, isn't?

it doesn't really matter if you select loadout like you would select a character with a set of skills. but having diverse characters with different background, especially characters of color, also gay and trans characters is good.

The only technical tutorials I listen to are those authored by the developers of the program they pertain to. Since I am neither a Autodesk nor Unreal developer, I am not going to make a tutorial about workflow in those programs.

I can link the Epic tutorial that explains why tri count only matters in forward rendering, if you want.

How did you guys get started? Like where did you gain enough knowledge to actually begin a project?

Making silly edits to BF1942 configs, 12 years later I finished a game.

>league like system with set skills
You mean league of legends style ? The reason why Mobas do this is because they need some form of balance, every player has to have an equal set of opportunities. But that is not the case for singleplayer games, as the AI can get an advantage in technical skill, game knowledge, or abilities.

Megalovania - 40 million views
Megalovania Extended - 29 million views
Hopes and Dreams - 16 million views
Bergentrukung - 16 million views
Death by Glamor - 14 million views
Bonetrousle - 14 million views

this is just the tip of the iceberg

Name another indie game soundtrack that can pull this kind of numbers on youtube

youtube tutorials, some other tutorial articles. i basically just finished python codecademy and was able to make some simple programs like calculator before starting with dev.

What objects can reasonably be crowbarred into a Christmas update without specifically being Christmas related?

e.g. a post office or some fairy lights.