/nioh/ - Nioh General

Old one crashed Statue edition

information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bqCSzO15VME?t=902
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why won't any of these fucking revenants give me their purple odachi

i already have enough warrior of the west pieces

>>nue
>oh my god just fucking stop that's not how it's pronounced
Fuck off weeb.

where the fuck do you think you are fuck you I've had a fucking gutful of your shit you little cunt

Sounds about right. I'm wearing 3pc Tatenashi and 2pc random assorted shit from grovelling at Ginchiyo's feet after I speedran into NG++.

>Snowclops
>pronounced "you-key nyo-doh"

Not the steam forums, so calm your little weeb ass down already.

So I am playing for my first time rn.
I am using the Odachi. What do I level up? I am only before the first boss still.

Is spirit worth investing in past 34? What exactly does guardian spirit bond even do?

I'll fucking bite your cock off

Supposedly it makes LW better.

If you spell it with English letters, prepare for it to be pronounced that way. Now go back to cursing your eyes for being round.

>Kill corrupted cat
>Start getting two shotted in the next region

[worry]

>I'm going to be wrong and it's okay because I'm not a weeb!
Sad.

And if you pronounce it wrong, prepare to be corrected.

No, I mean the entry for them literally calls them "Snowclops" and then gives a pronounciation guide for Yuki-Nyodo without actually mentioning the word first. A couple other entries do as well, iirc.

Is there a setting for the buffs so you can still see them all once you get too many?

Yeah pretty much? Wow I really seem to have kicked the hornet's nest with this one :^)

Bump

If its not in the English dictionary then prepare to be raffed at.

Kato is best pupper and has been my spirit animal for the whole game aside from occasionally switching to spider to farm with.

Got to NG+ and unlocked two beasts mode and don't really understand how secondaries work. You just get the one ability that isn't greyed out, right? Seems like Izuna would work well with Kato since it gives more ki reduction and regeneration.

people love to tell faggots they're faggots

Can you tell me which stat you get when you secondary the peacock?

Well jokes on you because I AM a faggot and I tell my self that every day. Go look at a vagina or something, straight boi!

If I recall correctly it was either elemental damage or elemental damage reduction. I don't have access to my PC right now.

Pleasebedamagepleasebedamagepleasebedamage.

sad tbqh

Should I put an inheritable on this final slot or take this thing into the abyss and get a grace?

Never been to the abyss before so not really sure how that system works.

Ninja or magic for axe?

lolikrlmaoxD!!

can you even get a grace on a set piece? I've never an ethereal set piece have a grace.

where's that from?

Magic is more useful. Put like 10 or so in dex so you can get some utility ninja stuff like quick change though.

>Finally slammed an axe through the bat slut

The game is pretty unplayable without the ki pulse on dodge skills. That completely changed the fight.

yeah that shit should have been unlocked by default

I just finished the game and I still feel like I barely have any idea what I'm doing. I went with Axe and medium armor, no real magic or jutsus. I'm frustrated against these revenants who have high toughness/poise and I cant stagger them. They just keep spamming me down.

How is the DLC content in Nioh?

I hear lots of mixed opinions on the DLCs but I personally enjoyed them. The bosses are fun and a lot of them are humanoid if you enjoy those kinda duel fights.

it has a set bonus already, can't add grace to it

Is Yukimura's armor any good

Going to get to DLC soon and planning on farming him forever to get his stuff as he's my historical husbando ever since I first played Samurai Warriors.

Spirit of Sanada is probably in my top 10 games list I love him so much

I felt that Nioh had fun human AND monster bosses since they didn't go with the huge monster bosses. I just die half a dozen times to the human-bosses before I have a clue about what is going on. It feels like they go at super sonic speeds and it takes a while for me to adapt.

The DLC is basically an extra half a game's worth of content, and the first DLC on the lowest difficulty is probably harder than the entire first half of the game on NG+. You're in for a challenge.

Didn't know that, inheritable it is. Thanks anons.

Found it in WotN and rerolled the effects to be good.

What the FUCK is his problem?

>Is Yukimura's armor any good
He has like 3 different sets and while all of them aren't top tier they are nice and you can just reforge your armour into them.

dying wife

yuki onna skin when

>die
>quick change scroll
>kill enemy with drop attack

The best feel

>die
>quick change scroll
>die before I can do anything

The worst feel

does the carnage talisman debuff count as a status ailment?

Yea, you can use it for ailment builds

Hoo fuck, then.

out-fucking-skilled

Holy shit Fuku is such a useful companion, wish she got more than one side mission, she deserves it.

status ailment what?

you wanna try that timing again?

>encounter water o-nryoki
>does nothing but water spells

yeah what a great companion

do more people pvp in skill or strength?

> 3 different sets

dear god I'm excited now

I didn't like this side quest

>People summoning me for Umi-Bozu
>They're at the 3rd sanctuary
>They haven't lit any fire
>They rush ahead without noticing I'm whistling
>They die
How do they manage to get so deep in the level without knowing to lit the fire?
If they're shitters that could be bothered reading 3 lines at the beggining of the mission telling them about the fire, I'd expect them to fight the boss as soon as they found it, not explore the rest of the level.

Not to sound like a fedora tipper, but people who play this game have no sense of etiquette. Everyone just summons and then immediately rushes to the boss room so you get teleported in with them as soon as you spawn.

I play a magic heavy build with 10 gorillion buffs and I hate buffing in the boss arena.

almost none in pc

some in both in psn

where da fight clubs

any pitfalls that a new player should avoid? currently using swords because im an unimaginative vanilla person

only using one or two weapons

So i've just finished way of the strong and i'm 179 what should i be doing to get my level closer to what way of the demon says i should be?

But how would you have enough skill points for everything on your first playthrough?

just get the good skills and skip the rest

Holy fuck am I getting my shit kicked in or what. Started doing those after-credits optional missions and stuff. First mission was Two Kings Nioh and now I'm against the ice-queen and the samurai-dude. Will this only get worse from here?

It makes your amrita gauge fill up and recharge faster. It's not really worth going for over 51 spirit though some go for 99 for faster spirit swapping which I think is a waste because your spirit will instantly refresh after you absorb amrita anyways

Well you can just skip those and do the DLC instead.

Do the tea time entertainment

worrying about "builds" and messing up

just do what you want and experiment

What about stat points and scaling?
Also some "good" skills are locked behind crap skills
Also also, you wouldn't even know what the good skills are if you're experimenting with multiple different weapons on your first playthrough.

Going to try ninjutsu, what are the best things to learn? I read ninjutsu is good for applying discord and has good passives.

youtu.be/bqCSzO15VME?t=902

Wonder if they'll do use feedback demos for their next game too.

Actually, they usually wait for me and even bow, but then thats when they rush.
Although I know how you feel, I hated when people did that in Souls games. I usually took my time joining the boss fight, walking instead of running.
I'm not a NPC so don't treat me like one, I'm here to help you.

So, I just unlocked Queen's Eye for WotS, and what should I do now? Go to go Demon? or beat the DLC? should I rush to WotN?

yeah sure, just rush to wotn :^)

Not sure if someone has already done this, but your best bet for divine forging is to simply use one divine fragment, assuming you don't care about the non-divine ingredients.

I've not forged a single thing because I can't be assed to + value the damn thing up to match my stuff. I'll probably begin forging to get star abilities though since Ganryu mission won't fucking drop a Mono with ANY star abilities, let alone the one I want.

basically stats don't matter much, weapon attack does a lot more. so you can just put points into everything and it'll be fine. you could even leave all the normal stats at like 10-15 and put all your points into dex and mag and bit in spirit to get the guardian spirit bonuses

don't be afraid to just do whatever because respec books are plentiful

I didn't understand a single thing about your post but I did notice that when forging divines there is sometimes a (+x) next to the level. What does that mean?

Mate, help me here. I just want to know what the fuck should I do. Should I farm divines until +15? If so, can I do that in "Strong"? or should I go up to Demon and Wise? I'm kinda lost in the farming shit, and I didnt saw anything about it.

You can only +10 in strong I think. Strong is mostly pointless and filler imo so just go to demon asap, you will outclass Strong equipment rather quickly and the amrita gain is insane. You will probably do a good bit of farming in Demon since Wise is a huge difficulty leap but also a massive amrita and item level leap. IF you can do the queens eyes, you should ASAP every time, since A Request from Ginchiyo is a mission on the first region you always start with, and she can just kill stuff for you so your gear doesn't matter.

ok, if you can, go to demon and then just progress normally as you did earlier

you'll start getting +10 weapon from the very first level and you're no longer bound by the 150 level cap either, so no reason to farm anything on lower difficulties

It's stronger. You know, like Dark Souls or a shitload of other RPGs where a reinforced version is indicated by +x? You can get them up to +15 initially but later on you can go crazy with ethereals.

Interesting. So basically I am wasting my time forging and reforging on Way of the Strong.

I'll try to get to Way of the Demon asap now.

Thank you my friends. Still on the farming note, how much farming should I do untill Way of the Nioh? Dont get me wrong, but I know my shit. The only thing that can hold me back is if I'm not doing any damage at all.

What's my best recourse with the kusarigama against an enemy who turtles up behind a block constantly but who has fast enough regen that I can't just hammer on their block? With the tonfa I can always shut their ki down with the charge attack and sholder bash (or hi stance combos), and with 2kat I have moonshadow, but I struggle against turtles with the kusarigamia

ki pulse

I always ki pulse.

>can easily kill the huge blob of shit in Way of the samurai, did it like first try ever
>died multiple times in Way of the strong even with help from others

what the fuck is up with this boss, it's the only one I found difficulty so far in Way of the strong
half of the deaths are from either shitty animations or falling into water though

dont you have a kick? L1 Square if I recall.

I do, yeah, but just spamming the kick over and over until they're out of stamina feels cheesey, so I was hoping there was some other sort of guard break skill

How strict is the i-frames on the dodging?
I always get fucking clipped by shit when I try to dodge at the very end of their attack.

Its elemental effect duration - so how long talismans and stuff last. If you use it with Genbu you get healing on Onmyo hit - only seems to work with shots or the skills that come after, flying swords and talisman damage doesn’t count.

So people keep saying that eventually you'll be using all weapons, is this because eventually you'll be equally good at all of them because there's no reason to ever stop levelling? Or is it just so you can unlock all the dojo missions.

there are very, very few i-frames in the dodging in nioh, so if you're coming to it from dark souls it'll get you killed a lot. The trade off is that in nioh, blocking is actually really good, so learn when you should block and when you should dodge, the logic of when you should do one and the other is very different from souls