/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>PS3
[Nov 14] OFW 4.82 released, IDPS dumping still possible, stay safe
[Nov 8] esc0rtd3w has announced that an exploit is being worked on for 4.81 , with a goal for Christmas. psx-place.com/threads/official-firmware-4-81-exploit-software-downgrader-more-incoming-could-superslim-be-hacked.15389/
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution now possible wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
mega.nz/#!JHhC3biQ!JvEmQL68BjYrVDS_sDCDaMSsb13nNPXi3nMCSe2i7rU
my.mixtape.moe/udtvta.png
3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that 3.61 Vita anigaymes are not worth waiting for.

Doesn't help they're on PS4/PC.

I pirated DRV3 day 1.

Had two questions for 3DS homebrew

1) I heard one of the offline Pokemon bank programs was updated for USUM. Which one was it?

2) I have an English Silver ROM and my Homebrewed 3DS is Japanese. How can I rectify that so I can trade the mons over to my main 3DS since Japanese language and English language Gen II games are inherently incompatible?

I know Pokemon has its own board, but I was directed here since it's homebrew/hacking questions

I'm guessing we'll get 3.61+ games by this time next year but will anyone care.

For those who were following it before they went all hush hush, will this be a true software downgrade for ps3's or like "not open the console but still use some other device" kind of deal?

For downgradable PS3s, you won't need hardware. For new PS3s, it'll be more like a HEN.

Fucking nice. About damn time.

>tfw still have to wait over half a year for a super slim exploit and it won't even be full cfw
end the suffering already

I'm really excited for PS3Xploit. I've got E3 Flasher already but it was such a pain last time I held off downgrading my others.

So... can I crack into the USUM preloads now that the seed is out? I'm guessing the answer is no because nobody's been talking about the seeds

yep

What do you mean "crack"?
The seed is out, you just download it and play, no cracking involved

What's the actual difference?

he just wants to sound like a leet haxx man who has a jailbroken 3ds

I actually said crack into because it's a more exciting verb than "smush the A button to load" but I guess I don't really have anything to be excited for.

is Digimartz a trustworth flashcard seller?

Anyone mind helping out with this problem? I went through installing B9S and after turning on the settings in Luma, I can't boot to SysNand and it simply doesn't boot without the SD Card. But I can still boot my old EmuNand from rxtools holding my L trigger.

Finished adding Haxchi / cfw to my WiiU a few days ago, and have quite a few WiiU games on an external drive thanks to WUPinstaller, but I have one more question.

Is it possible to install Gamecube games on my Wii U, and use the gamepad? I don't have the WiiU->Gamecube controller adapter or a GC controller anymore, and would prefer if I didn't have to buy them.

Never mind, after clearing the home screen's ext data it booted. Though, it said it failed to clear the ext data.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/
alternatively you can just install the nintendont forwarder if you're not too autistic about injecting each game individually

Reminder that rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

you imitators aren't shit

OK, so I just found a bunch of SD cards I didn't know they existed and between them there was it, the original SD from my friend's 2DS.

I looked into it and it has an emuNAND and sysNAND back up, and an emuCTRNAND and a bunch of folders from old CFW like rxTools and even cakes (it had a problem where this console couldn't install games, so I tried all available CFW to fix it).

I get pic related when booting without and SD card, with an empty SD, what do I need to enter God9Mode or whatever to reflash the back up?

So, it's d-day and USUM is out. Is it finally ok for me to use the online features on the leaked copy?

Can you use Gateway red cart with luma?

I was doing a backup of essential files in Godmode (o3DS) and erased "essential.exefs" from the folder on the SD card.
How do I recover it? What can I do?

In Godmode9 go to SYSNAND VIRTUAL
There's a backup of essential.exefs there.

THANKS!

I managed to do the exact same thing a week ago and freaked out about it until I found it.

It's strange, I used the newer versions, multiple versions including the latest, for remote installation and they'd never work.

I don't know why some shady closed-source works perfectly for me with amazing speeds, but seriously, people should reward this, what you like to call, "shady" guy.

Why fix what's not broken? Every few months when I bring out my 3ds to play a new game it's "oh this developer stopped work! this developer wants .firm files instead!" etc etc. it's such a pain.

Not only did this install my CIA perfectly and remotely, I get no more black screens nor errors. If you're a poorfag with a small SD card and need to install remotely, just use that link posted a few quotes up. I was re-installing, re-updating,, etc like crazy for the past week, and as soon as I installed using this "shady closed-source fork" everything was working.

It looks like I could launch it just by pressing start without an SD, then insert the SD card to read it.
While trying to restore a back up, it says that it didn't change or something, maybe it needs another filename?

If so, what filename does the sysNAND's back up need?

Is the 3DS region proof? I want to buy a japanese one but I'm not sure

Still need an answer on this please. Mostly the second question though

Yep, it's safe now. Especially since people rushed to the late game, so even your team and level of completion won't look out of place

A homebrewed Japanese one is region free, yes. Played my English language carts on my Japanese 2DS

I'm at 11.6 before I upgraded my a9lh to the updated one, am I safe?

I hacked my 3ds and used a 8 gb SD card.
Can i just copy the contents to my computer and then to a larger SD card and it will still work?

and do you need anything fancy besides the flashcarts?

Yep

Didn't need anything fancy

Where did you buy a legit E3 flasher? Just in case the 4.81 turn out to be bullshit.

So my 3dsXL is on the 11.6 version right now, how do I downgrade it? Or is it possible to homebrew it without downgrading?

As long as it is FAT32, and has the correct cluster size. You should be fine.

FOLLOW THE DAMN GUIDE

quit being a casul and get a teensy

Legit E3 flashers are very hard to come by these days, everyone is selling chink fakes out there. A real one will cost you about $80 from a modding forum.

someone post USUM download

Are there any tools for creating 3ds themes?

No

mega.nz/#!JHhC3biQ!JvEmQL68BjYrVDS_sDCDaMSsb13nNPXi3nMCSe2i7rU for UM

thanks senpai

Remember to turn off online until the game releases in your country, if you don't wanna get banned that is.

Friendly reminder not to update your PS3 to 4.82 and Switch for potential exploits for both.

>ps3
>potential
It's already happening my man

I unfortunately already updated my Switch without realizing it. I plan to keep it on 4.0.0 though for as long as I can

I donloaded things with okgi and they had failed because I forgot to restart. The failed things seem to have still used space though. How can I fix that?

Complete the downloads with NpnoDRM installed to the kernel, then delete the bubbles after?

Ultra sun and Ultra moon are out on the free shop now

Anyone has updated Freeshop QR Code? Mine is up to Mario and Luigi SSS + Bowser Minions USA version, i dont think it's updating anymore.

how do i hack my 3ds xl and what can i do with it after

ill try it. Is it a good idea to replace mai dumps, etc with these new ones?
And is it easy to move the a micro SD once that gets here?

How do I unlock the full version of a Free license game (C00) to use in RPCS3?

Is the current friendseed in the pastebin banned or not? Asking so I don't try swapping for no reason.

This is too fucking difficult I'm just going to buy USUM

There is no real reason to replace the mai dumps, pkgi doesn't have support for DLC directly downloaded, while the games installed from mai do from the application. No idea about moving agames to the MicroSD, may be a case of backing up the saves, deleting the games, and re-installing them in the new directory.

Nevermind I checked, seems good. Of course I'm not expecting it to be the case for long if some asshole went online in US/UM early.

Follow the guide.
Try not being retarded?

my.mixtape.moe/udtvta.png
It's in the guide

Fuck you nigger this shit isn't something you can just do in five minutes. Fucking magnets and shit.

just use your fucking laptops wrist rest magnets that hold the screen shut

Oh no, not a magnet. Fucking hell, it used to be such a pain in the ass to do even a year ago with downgrading for the OTP and shit. Now, it takes a couple of hours if you are retarded, There are literally speedrunners for hacking that can do it in 2 minutes. Get Gud, faggot

>this shit isn't something you can just do in five minutes
You're right, you can do it in less than 1. Once b9s is installed, you have no way to fuck up.

STOP CALLING ME RETARDED YOU FUCKING POORFAGS

Do you prefer dumbass? Or moron, maybe?

Baka?

Shhhh. Someone has to keep buying games so we can get more shit for free.

IM GONNA DO THIS SHIT CORRECTLY AFTER I BUY THE FLASHCART USING MY FRIDGE MAGNETS AND ILL BE HAVING SO MUCH FUN PLAYING USUM AND WHEN I DO ILL COME BACK AND LAUGH IN YOUR UGLY WEEABOO PEASANT FACES

>vita started throwing an error when attempting to install .vpks (homebrew)
>installing nonpdrm dumps stopped working too, refreshing live area does nothing
>google tells me that the only fix is to reformat the memcard
I can't be bothered to do that, but I can still put on new PSP isos, so any suggestions for must play psp games, about 2gb?

Well, whatever, my epilogue ends here.

Almost 3 (three, tres) YEARS being bricked/soft bricked, I fixed it.

The trick was to brick it intentionally with a fucked up sysNAND back up I had from 01/02/2015, then unbrick it with unironically OP's card, then it finally booted up again, with b9s installed and I've got some new SD since then, 3 4GB, 1 8GB, 1 16GB, 1 64GB that I no longer use.

Now I'll compete its setup and return it to its original owner.

Crisis core?

Hey assholes
How long should it take for my flash card to get to america? If I pay express will it be here before the weekend is over?

Just bought one of those R4i gold 3ds plus flashcart things for DS games
You need to download some software files for these things to work right?
I've been looking online but I can't find it, I can only find software for older r4 carts

where the fuck is etrian odyssey V usa ver on the freeshop? Where is pokemon ultra sun and moon on the freeshop? Freeshop is shit now isnt it?

>WinHIIP doesn't even recognize my 1tb HD anymore

what gives

Aight, thanks.
I have never had a PSP or really played a whole lot of PSP games (a bit of Monster Hunter, a bit of Prinny, some FFT0 and that's about it)

you need to update your url thing
use this:

Are there any edea wallpapers for 3ds?

Is it possible to change the language/region of a 3DS for access to different eshops?

Just wait the few more hours for it to come out user, we all know why you asking this.

Actually was asking for a different reason. Same guy who was asking the questions about English Silver ROM and Japanese 2DS, and figured it might be easier if I just ask how to change the language region, if such a thing is possible

Just used the title keys site to download Pokémon UM but when I try launching it it just takes me back to the home menu. Why does this happen? Should I just redownload it tomorrow?

Any DNS to block PS3 system updates?

did you import the seed?

PS3 won't auto update unless you have PS Plus, and even then you have to manually turn it on.

Lads this is getting fucking ridiculous. I have tried everything. Updated my freeshop to 3.1.7. Typed in the URL code 3ds.titlekeys.gq/downloadenc. Refreshed cache. Boom! Nothing. No new games. No Metroid SR. I hacked this shit in January, and haven't updated anything since. Is there anything I might need to update. That Luma thing, bootstrap thing, etc?

But he and his kind won't dump the titlekeys for you if he doesn't know.
Checkmate poorfag

FBI returns an error when I try it

Why would you? Threw the DRM device in the trash already, it's been worthless for years and it was never worth getting scammed for such a low quality product that got outdated in like a year if not less.

So it was bleeding edge for a year?