/acg/ - Animal Crossing General

#1281 - Mail Edition
Old thread: Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is playable RIGHT NOW on Android and iOS
youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2wXiwgNd0

>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/file/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl
All furniture customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android app - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play New Leaf/Pocket Camp online with /acg/
People need to add each other's Friend Codes in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Current DLC
;_;

>Upcoming Birthdays
16th - Daisy
17th - Mallary
18th - Tia
19th - Amelia
20th - Sparro

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
23rd - Harvest Festival

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/camper reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

I'm going to marry Isabelle!

How is Pocket Camp playable?

It's still just says registered on Android

also I'm not gonna download the apk that's out there, people were getting banned when they did that for Miitomo.

>also I'm not gonna download the apk that's out there,
then you can't play lol

Anyone with a non-apple town coming over to sell a bunch of perfect apples? Lookin to clean up some closet space

*mind me coming over to sell

I need to stop daydrinking

Bump

Question
is HHD a good buy for people who want to learn how to properly design interiors
or for people who are already good at it

To give away I have:
1 elegant painting (if you need it for your museum)
1 world map (Katie item)
1 mush end table
1 mush TV
1 emerald
4 unassessed fossils

Katie's in my town. Will anyone take her?

I have all the standard and Sanrio ACNL Welcome Amiibo cards and figurines. Would anyone like me to scan a villager or NPC?

I meant graceful painting

Are you still here? You can come to my town.

Neither.

so basically it's a shit purchase no matter what, am i right?

Its really pretty shit

More shit than Pocket Camp?

The simple fact you have to pay for it?
Yes

It's amiibo party tier

some anons here enjoy HHD

i wouldn't go THAT far

All I know is that HHD is wonderful for planning out rooms and trying out various customizations.
(Look of your character, shirts for villagers, etc.)

Definitely worth it for plotting out rooms in NL, though be aware the half tile mechanics don't exist in that title, so you'll have to work around that if you plan on recreating the room in New Leaf.

I'll take the world map off your hands.

As a game, you don't have to put much effort into it to progress. You can block off the door and your customer will still be happy.

I will take Katie if she's still in your town. And can you scan in Ursala today?

Are you still here?

Sure, I'll scan her in and open my gate after I drop off Katie

Yep, whenever you're ready. Also just realized I can take Katie of your hands too.

Gate's open.

I almost scared myself when I saw your name, haha. Didn't think I see that anywhere.

Unrelated I'm gonna sound really gay for a second; I've never really browsed Veeky Forums and this is my first time in /acg/, but I'm excited to be here. Animal Crossing is my favorite series and I can't wait to share my love of it with you guys.
Sorry, won't do that again.

I've scanned Ursala into my RV campsite. She has flower shop furniture. Would anyone like to visit her?

Gate's open

Thanks! I like to be in and out since a resetti can pop up at any moment.

Welcome to the general user. Hope you have a good time here.

Come the fuck on

Has anyone actually played amiibo festival?
It's not an AC game really, but it's an ok game in general especially if you like other board game type games

FUCKING FINALLY

Thank you for the welcome!

I got you user!

I’ve played it! It’s cute. Obviously it can get boring especially if you choose a long round but in short moments with friends it can be enjoyable. I normally play as Lottie

gz

Sent.

Added!

Gotcha, quarry request sent. I thought all player to player actions were on a delay, but this seems instant enough.

hello everybody please make sure to remember to help gay weeb to get in to the quarry

Congrats! You earned it by being my favorite blue duck girl

Sorry for the delay! I was getting food. I responded though, hope this helps!

I added you back my fowl weather friend

You helped! Thank you, I can finally rest at ease now that I've seen the quarry. I like your style user.

Thank you! I’m trying to get more of the “cute” villagers but the requirements and item crafting get tougher by the moment

I have Lily though so that’s pretty good

More friends is always nice.

They have to do something about this cotton shortage. Even with boosters it is by far the most demanded & scarce material.

I'm also going for cute, but I got a little burned out and overwhelmed after getting Peanut as my 8th villager. Also feel a little bad kicking out the early ones. I will probably get Lily next too though and finally get around to a proper overhaul of the camp.

Bump

Bump

I still have Ursala in my RV campsite. Would anyone like to visit her?

does my new outfit look nice

Is anyone's Re-Tail still open?

Yes?

post your kitchens

You'll get over the cotton shortage eventually once you've built and upgraded all the tents and move onto the next amenities. I used to struggle with cotton but right now I have like 300-400 just lying around because I can't do anything without more essences.

You can at least farm cotton by going only for the specific animals that give it out – Tex, Maggie, Roald, Bud, Rex... – but with essences you just have to hope that some animal decides to reward you some after you complete a quest. I had a daily quest that had me fish 9 black bass for 1 sports essence. I need 40 for the swimming pool. All my animals are starting to hit the level 15 cap because I can't progress. It's really making me not want to play Pocket Camp anymore.

Really hoping one or more of the new features introduces new ways to get essence. Needing tons of them for amenities on top of needing 3+ for a bunch of the furniture, there's absolutely no way to get everything (max). Sure you can rely on the quarry, but if you're unlucky, it won't pop up with what you need, and even then, you can get unlucky afterwards and only get 2 essences.

IT'S A NEW DAY

i want that FUCKING CAT

Still here?

YES IT IS

I'll be back in like 20-ish minutes, maybe.

Are you still here?

still fiddling
i wish there was a home entertainment cabinet

What's the plant thing next to the couch and the record player

Happy birthday to Blaire

barrel planter, recolored dark. It looks much better without the noise reduction.

Guessing you're asleep now, I'll be up a bit longer.

I love her more than every other villager, acg. Please say something nice about her.

I dare you to lick her head user

I'd lick everything if I could

She isn't Quillson.

Guys.. I have to admit something. I love Cherry more than any villager.

Goodnight furries.

fantasizing about ravishing duck beaked anons doesn't make me a furry :(

The hate against HHD is unwarranted.

The game is the third best-selling AC title behind only WW and NL. Even though 90% of those sales came from Japan (where AC is a fucking cult-like religion.)

HHD is still enjoyable, and the "no challenge" bullshit can apply to the whole fucking series. What challenge is there to NL? Acquiring all the DLC shit? Having a town of only the amiibo-restricted villagers? Having a ~tumblr-esque town of plot-reset perfection~?

If anything, HHD is the bigger challenge, for the fact you have to dump a fuckton of cash into the game to actually complete it. The DLC component is fuckballs crazier for the fact there's at least fifty-four characters **locked** behind paid-DLC. As well as the fact that steamrolling to unlock all 334-in-game characters takes no less than 39 hours, alone (thanks to the tedious menus and repetitive text.) Nevermind that upgrading each of their homes (plus the 5 DLC villagers) to maximum size takes another 31 hours, combined, plus 4 hours for the p-DLC ones, which gives you a grand total of 74-hours to unlock everything while doing the least effort. To be fair, that's longer than the avg. Pokemon game takes to accomplish everything. Every game up to S&M took just under 20 hours to accomplish everything at fast pace, while ~40 hours at a snail pace (talking to every NPC, looking in every nook, importing everything for NatDex.)

HHD is a fine game, which as of this moment, still boasts the greatest amount of features. It would not surprise me in the least if AC Switch still doesn't have ceiling furniture, customizable interior doors/windows/curtains, or a "city" as big as the one in HHD- the former all noticeably absent from Welcome Amiibo and Pocket Camp, despite being simple-as-fuck to implement features.

>HHD was worth the ~68 or whatever Metacritic score it got. That's about a C/C-, on par with Shitty Folk.

any news on US release?

Have you guys come across any really cool people in Pocket Camp?

I found someone called Prince who looks just like the singer Prince, has all purple camper and clothes and their campsite is a huge musical concert.

First themed campsite I've seen!

Bump

>Actually lauding shitty cash grab dlc while complaining about a mainline ac game

It's no wonder they are making a horrible mobile game, wonder what kind of paywalls they'll shoehorn into the switch version that you'll eat up.

I want to watch bill trinen plow Isabelle from a crack in their bedroom closet!

Are you going to be dressed up as super man?

Rosie has a petition for "More-fun Mondays" can I visit someone's town?

Bump

You can come to my town

Thanks

Anyone got some blue roses? Mine kinda.. Got squashed by a certain elephant. who has decided to leave instead of Savannah. Eloise wants to leave on the 20th.

I just started flower farming, so I don't have any but if I did you'd have been welcome to them. Sorry!

keep me posted.

I took cherry to my cherry room.

>20th - Sparro
>tfw can't celebrate buddy's birthday with them because they moved out

Bump

I'm sure she loves it!

i hope so.

pls don't pop cherry's cherry

but user.. I'd want nothing more than to be right in there.

hello

Actual screenshot.

what did you do