/cwg/ Classic WoW General

Ion Edition

clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Vanilla_WoW_Wiki
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/
github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev
forums.crestfall-gaming.com/index.php?/topic/1262-modui-complete-vanilla-ui-clean-but-modern/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yW_ocZLaRdI
youtube.com/watch?v=GO6lx09c56w
twitch.tv
sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IM SO FUCKING READY

reminder

dead before arrival

3rd for fuck ret paladins

First for tanks

Banilla is perfect except for all the balance changrs done over 2 years all the qol improvements etc..
>you cant balance classes
Yes you can, rogue do 800dps, feral 900 because eat a dick, and rogues will have talent or spell for raid that provides a unique mechanic for the raid such as a debuff that increases bosses damage intake and other such balance mechanics for all classes with new unique spells and mechanics for eqch to fill their class niches without the rogues niche being TOP DPS.

You bring rogues to enemies lair for a versatile kit not that he can do more damage than a fucking warrior which is illogical in rpg, rogues should provide raid mecjanics to be viable.

7th forAlex meltdown and Asmongold consuming his fanbase, growing even stronger.

How do we make alex lose his mind even more?

very simple. bring up poongoon

>Esfand is interviewed by Blizzard
>Esfand convinces Blizzard to buff ret paladins
>Esfand cucks Alex so hard it is felt throughout time and space for all eternity

They won't do stuff like that. That poll shit was useless.

Behead those who want shit game balance.

It's hilarious, he bans everyone until only the biggest dicksucking yes men are left.

>which is illogical in rpg
youtube.com/watch?v=yW_ocZLaRdI

brehs...will spell delay be in wow classic? was it in vanilla, or did it get added in tbc?

>trangirl
>leninist
Like pottery.
How is someone so mentally defunct and morally inept have mod?

I think it was in the game until wod or so

who /hearthglen/ tomorrow?

Me. I think Human warrior.

where the fuck is everyst?
chinkniggers btfo

>blizzard is literally going to create the perfect vanilla experience

Fuck no

some horde guild takes me to onyxia? Jus need my quel serrar :(

I JUST WANTED TO PLAY RET ON VANILLA LIKE IT WAS ON RETAIL
IT'S NOT FAIR BROS
NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY WITH ME IN MY PERSONAL PLAYPEEEEEEEN

We just have to make sure they launch it in the correct patch, a.k.a a perfected 1.1

I'm torn between:
Dwarf Paladin
Dwarf Priest
Human Warlock

Delays I heard. I just started playing on private two weeks ago.

Well I'm new to private servers. Where is there a majority NA pop located?

So how bad of a time am I going to have rolling a Human Warlock?

It seems like one of the better ways to get a decent challenge without playing something completely useless.

The Virgin Assmongo vs the Chad Alex

>clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple
changekeks BTFO

alliance seems to always lack warlocks that aren't retarded and show up on time. you'll be geared as fuck.

I'm pretty sure he set up the discord himself.

Literally doesn't matter.

Challenge? In what way?

Gnome warrior reporting in, bringing the eternal escape autism.

You will very quickly learn just how overrated wotf is and how little fear really matters

BLIZZARD WON'T BUFF RET
BLIZZARD WON'T BUFF MY PVP VIABILITY
BLIZZARD WON'T LET ME COMPETE WITH MELEE FOR GEAR
BLIZZARD WON'T BUFF PROT
WHAT'S THE POINT IF I'M NOT #1 AT EVERYTHING?

SIXTEEN FUCKING DEBUFF SLOTS?!?!?!?

>a commie subhuman is in charge of the discord
JUST

Higher text = less hair

It's horrible. Up to 42 when you get death coil you're gonna get destroyed by UD and shamans.

>literally the best pvp racial in the game is overrated
Retard.

Maybe I can heal for you. leaning on Dwarf Pally or Priest

It was so cringe watching him rage like a child for hours yesterday, just to come out and say sorry the day after and deleting the video he made screeching at Blizzard.

Theres only 1 spec in a raid.

>lack warlocks that aren't retarded
if we're making distinctions here, all factions lack players that aren't retarded.

Yea gurl, heal my big veiny health bar :-)

BASED ION BTFO'S CASUALS YET AGAIN

holy shit bros
confirmed they aren't going to tamper with balance

youtube.com/watch?v=GO6lx09c56w

what did he mean by this?

Alexensual will get banned from all Blizzard by IP by the end of 2017

Well the rest of us are enjoying classic he is going to be playing with Chinese filth on a private server

you can kill people without fear at all, locks have crazy survivability even without it

>wow I get to have control of my character while I'm getting loaded up with 20 dots and going to die in 6 seconds
>wow I get to be immune to an ability literally no warrior ever uses

I suppose it's good against SPriests, though. But literally no fucking Spriest has ever complained about wotf because resisting one spell doesn't shut down an entire class. WotF is only good as a makeshift fear ward for raiding. That's where it's actually good and even then it's not as good as fear ward.

stay mad roguelet

Can't wait to play tauren prot warrior lennyface.jpg

All you need is sunder armour when raiding

this level of shitpost makes me feel physically ill
hat's off to you and reported

how to spot the retard who has never done any proper pvp
aside from warlock, in contruscted pvp you'll always want to go UD

>legendary

jesus this dicksucking

He means he's retarded, wow at launch had a very different game balance then at 1.12.

imagine the dicksucking ingame on whatever server asmond rolls on. Fucking pathetic

Has anyone made a 2017 guide on how to level in vanilla yet?

meants to reply to

2.0.1 or bust

Pretty simple do all the quest then go to the other zone, once the mobs give higher xp, farm them
If lfd os not available, your going to have a bad time

>mfw i get to aimed shot hordecucks while shadowmelded again
>mfw arcane intellect and power word: fortitude cost a reagent again

Yo dog, I got you.
1. Pick up quests, read the quest text. Go to general area where the description tells you to go
2. Kill shit
3. Loot shit for quests and to items to sell
4. Make good use of your hearthstone to save time
5. Stock up on food and drinks when in cities, if your class needs it
6. ABK (Always be killing) Kill everything you come across on your travels.
7. Log out in inns overnight for rested xp
8. Check in advanced if it's worth going to your trainer to get new spells or not
9. sell junk when at vendors
10. Mail items to yourself to save bagspace
That's about it.

>7. Log out in inns overnight for rested xp
you just triggered some deep memories i didn't even know i still had
felt good man

no thats the thing they didn't fix vanilla questing untill cata you can't just sit in one zone for your level range you gotta like globetrot and shit.

This is just good advice senpai and Ima save this, so bless you.
I just meant you know these cats on private servers being banging this out for 12 years or so I figured maybe they would of have this shit down pat to a science you know, they're server dies they gotta do it all again, they killing bosses way faster on retail I thought you know maybe they're just more efficient players over all and they made a you know guide for all those fruits of labour they been doin so far.

DADDY WHEN?

I thought Asmon was pretty good at building coherent arguments but then constantly goes on with weird hypocritical moments where some things are fine and others are not, with zero justification other than "fuk it dude, it's already easy"

sorry cuck but you missed the boat for discussion while you were farming garrisons or whatever

Nost bulls win AGAIN

Following a step by step guide isn't very fun.

>wrath baby thinks he's special
wooow

Depends who you are.

I'm me.

pick hunter
tame boar
spec bm
kill shit

possible classic postcast, or it might just be legion bullshit
twitch.tv
/hotted89

Good luck.

The web dev said is 70% done last Friday. He is being a little bitch about nFernix rushing him.

why'd i watch a podcast with 50% sperglords?

Hearthglen in the meantime?

>He thinks Nu-Male Blizzard & Jewvision are capable of releasing a classic server implementation without fucking it up retail-style.

>everyst

Thanks.

>asmongoloid
>hotted
>literally who
>literally who
why the fuck would I ever want to watch a bunch of wrath babies and non-factors?

>gaming glasses
>"casters"
End gen Z now.

this. kappa 4head

>he thinks jewvision is going to risk EZ loadsamoney pissing people off with yet more retail shit

Let's report alex' stream if he goes to hitbox.

Am I retarded or is farming mobs literally faster than questing early on. Im currently level 21 and I can spend 10 minutes walking to a quest and 10 minutes walking back to turn it in for 1.3-1.8k xp or I can just kill the heavily clustered and very easy mobs at the gilneas wall in southern silverpine and get 140 xp per kill. Assuming the ratio stays mostly the same wouldnt it just be more efficient to find a loosely populated area and just grind constantly with little downtime? Sure it may be a bit more boring but it seems like it would be a fuckload faster and would probably be more profitable

Just follow a guide, this was all solved 10 years ago. Sometimes grinding is faster, most of the time there are efficient routes you can follow to finish a bunch of quests at once.

>Just follow a guide,

I started to follow a guide but then it told me to actually do batshit retarded quests like samophlange which takes 2 hours to complete and cant be paired up well with other quests so I just stopped

>funleveling

>me follow arrow and go kill kill
>me look at steps to know where to go and who to talk to

>it told me to actually do batshit retarded quests like samophlange which takes 2 hours to complete
AHAHAHAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ignore these fucking idiots the guides written 10 years ago are trash and its pure laziness that stops these people from writing better ones.
despite it being a known fact people who played wow 10 years ago didn't have a fucking scooby about what was going on.

mfw enjoying end-game content weeks ahead of you whilst you plead for a 60 to come save you from gankers

sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

me post same images every thread and beat horse whacka whacka whack

fuck off, panda toddlers

i'm sure you could beat FuriousPaul in a race bro

Here's a general rule of thumb

>grinding is generally fast
>quests with easily grindable quest mobs are fastest
>traveling too much for quests is generally slow
>doing quests that don't involve grinding mobs is generally slow
>never do Verog the Dervish
>doing nothing but grinding is boring as fuck and if you want to actually have fun you should just do whatever quests you want anyway