/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1065 - Cajun Amy Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nRR_997UmEc
etsy.com/listing/558857962/sonic-girls-pin-pack-vol1
docs.google.com/document/d/1Yg4kwxlaVrxnoc6Vqo7cfFAPt7CFAg4DTYXeD03W2jI/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=i3RQpdm4MOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Silver a shit

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

FREEDOM

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

SO WHEN YOUR TIME IS UP AND EVERYTHING IS FALLING DOWN

First for Limit.

YES THANK YOU

Blaze should have been in Forces. Instead we have to make her ourselves.

*Married*

If boost dies that's it. ST can't be trusted to not fuck up new things.

*smooches*

EVERYBODY'S SUPER SONIC RACING

youtu.be/nRR_997UmEc

>This Amy
>This expression
>That outfit
wew
I need more, artist?

>If boost dies that's it

t. Sonic Forces

Why are people so obsessed with making Sonic roll down slopes?

I wouldn't say that the fanbase is dying.
But over the years its gotten a lot more, for lack of better word, quiet.

It is for a game that Alex is conceptualizing.

Because the last few Modern games fuck that up.

Because it's fun

He's been doing that since day one & it's an example of the momentum based gameplay people loved from the Genesis games.

And

wait shit wrong quote

I think that's just by comparison to the rest of the internet. We've got a 24-hour news cycle to compete with now.

For the better honestly. At some point, people will get sick of the "hurr durr Sonic was never good" meme as the memories of the console wars fades away. Jokes about the Sonic OCs being the worst thing will be overshadowed by even shitter fandoms that will arise.

>sonic x animators draw a decent sonic for once
>he doesn't have fucking legs

Decided to go wild with the various outfits. Tell me what you think.

I think that's just in comparison to the rest of the internet. We've got a 24-hour news cycle to compete with now.

Ey friends.
So my store is incomplete but the Sonic girl pins are up!
etsy.com/listing/558857962/sonic-girls-pin-pack-vol1

So yeah if you like em there they are... if they do well i can afford to make you guys more stuff

I am a spider. Boo.

I'm loving 2, 3 & 5

Great to hear!

kissu

Awww shit! Thanks for delivering, Geek.

>He's been doing that since day one
He hasn't done it since 1998.

Killing robots in games like Heroes and Unleashed is more fun than rolling around.

I'm kinda fond of the first one, shame the kneepads can't be combined with actual clothes at all. I'm kinda liking the summer outfit and the overalls most out of the rest of them.

>as the memories of the console wars fades away.
>console/platforms wars
>fading away
>ever
So as long as there is a divide, be it Sony or Nintendo, PC or Console, Sonic or Mario; people will fling their turds at each other.

If there are any drawfags lurking:

Requesting Charmy Bee (left), making a pose similar to Garfield (right), saying, "Don't tick me off, or I'll sting you with my butt!"

damn

that actually looks fun

It's pretty simple, actually:
>Sonic is a hedgehog.
>Hedgehogs are famous for curling into balls
>Sonic is famous for going fast
>Put the two together and what do you get?
>A hedgehog that goes fast by curling into a ball
>How to you make a ball go fast?
>You put it on a hill

If Sonic isn't going fast by rolling down hills then his entire character is compromised. That's why.

No it's not. In heroes you mash square until it dies (which takes too long) and in unleashed you just hold square to go fast, which isn't rewarding because you didn't earn it.

I'm resisting impulse buy. Don't know what I'd do with them. maybe put them on my Sonic hat I never wear. They are cute though, damn.

That's pretty autistic.

I disagree.
I would love great rolling physics and more involved combat opportunities.

It plays fun too! Give it a try, if you like.
docs.google.com/document/d/1Yg4kwxlaVrxnoc6Vqo7cfFAPt7CFAg4DTYXeD03W2jI/edit?usp=sharing

Your mindset makes me feel angry.

Why did we never get an official spider character, SEGA? Spiders are cool! You could even pander to the base by basing it off of the Yorimitsu and the Tsuchigumo.

That would be fun if the game were designed around it. Like a musou where your character has ball physics.

Wonder how this webm came out

Will the game have wall jumping?

>Sonic hasn't curled into a ball in a Sonic Team/Sega game in 20 years

Those are fun, but I don't see why you can't have great rolling physics, smashing bots & being able to Boost around. Hell, I've said before that I like the idea of having Boost be more rewarding by gaining speed & building momentum.

Fantastic!

The same person who's DA was linked last thread right? Well consider me now interested.

Moving so fast they're not visible to the human eye

When you're at the stage of your game where you're making levels you better make an entirely downhill touge level

Just realized that I shouldn't have posted the Light Dash webm there, as the currently released build doesn't have it yet. Sorry!

Very nice!! I also enjoy doing that. Have you tried performing the Bounce back and forth inside the half pipe? It's quite silly.

He does when he drifts in Generations

What are you talking about? Lost Cause has him doing it all the time.

I'm really glad you guys are happy about it
Truthfully was was nervous to post

I'm also streaming right now
trying on twitch cause i know Picarto doesn't work for some of you.

Drawing some Infinte for stickers but I may draw some OC's later
However, this place thinks that my link is spam so it's Geekoflove on twitch

if they're still there tomorrow, they're mine

they're made to order so yes they will be

Sonic Lost World

I wasn't sure whether to start talking about the game idea now or wait until the story comic is done and/or a game design document is made.

In all seriousness I would rather just base it on GHPAnon's engine, if not have it be a "Boost" game with a spindash and a new gimmick to make the gameplay more involved than just Boosting to win.

>Lost [insert funny subtitle here]
How hilarious and original.

Reminder that humans are a part of Sonic and you're a SatAM/Pre-Archie furfag if you think otherwise.

Humans are a part of Sonic. They're just not in Sonic's world.

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Boost has been around so long people have forgotten it used to not be the norm.

It had good ideas, but it was sadly a Lost Cause.

It was about as original as Sonic Lost World, so...

buttnik is human so clearly no human fags don't have a leg to stand on

Because that used to be the entire point of the series. The thing that made it fun and worthwhile.

Can we fucking not.

Like, the same argument over and over again.

Hey, it had some original ideas in its gameplay! It just wasn't executed well

I meant manually rolling, outside of Spin Dashing. Sonic hasn't manually rolled since Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Mania doesn't count).

...Fuck it. Guess I'll bow to the TWOR WERLDS thing now.

Adventure 1. Tapping the Action Button as Tails, or Knuckles let them roll.

Sonic Heroes.

youtube.com/watch?v=i3RQpdm4MOU
>that fucking drop

And, apart from Mania, all of the games made after Sonic 3 & Knuckles have been garbage. Interesting.

so who's original outfit is this? Searching Ava doesn't bring anything up.

How can you say that when Sonic 4 Episode 1 is the best Sonic game of all time

Found the hipster. out!

Reminder:
>Iizuka did nothing wrong

Dude, do you even Sonic's Schoolhouse?

>implying the best Sonic game of all time is not Game Gear Labyrinth

Did someone bully Amy?

Deepest lore

Clearly it was the blue rat.

What's the Sonic equivalent of this

KAIOKEN

Is this underwear-clad-butt user?

Playable Amy in Mania.

Sonic Adventure 3

-clank-

Modern Sonic is the reflection in Classic Sonic's mirror. The game is Sonic 4

What happens if you use Chaos Control on a Sol Emerald? Can Sol Emeralds function like Chaos Emeralds using "Sol Control"?

They're not canon

When someone tells you to "stop symbol drawing," what they mean is to start analyzing what you're looking at instead of just using shorthand so you can start to learn and remember the general ideas of form more easily.

Here's an example (a bad one, but still).
I sat back, relaxed, and doodled both of these in about five minutes total, not really thinking much about it, no real planning. The left is...really unfair for comparison, but was just me drawing while relying entirely on visual symbols. The right still uses visual symbols and isn't terribly good either, but is also based on what I've learned from practicing drawing from life and anatomy. When you stop focusing on symbol drawing and draw by trying to interpret what you see in real life, you learn to focus on WHAT you want to draw and how instead of the symbols commonly used to convey the idea.

Look at OP's pic. It's a completely fictional character, but the artist has spent enough time studying that they still render Amy in proper perspective, understand the grooves of the hands instead of fudging it, and are able to create complex imagery. There's a lot of symbols and visual shorthand, but since they don't "symbol draw" they're able to use them effectively.

NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO

FUCK THIS

DELETE

DELET

Friendly reminder that Metal Sonic is the real Sonic and the Sonic we know is just an faker from an alternate timeline where he didn't get robotized.