When the bitcoin crash comes

What is your plan for when the crash comes (eventually). When the real crash comes, the negative correlation between bitcoin and altcoins will vanish. All coins will crash together.

Will you move into Tether? Tether scares me, because it is centralized and could fail. Pegs always fail. What other options are there?

uuuh... having money?

If it is a lot, and it goes into your bank, it's tax time. Many people prefer to keep it in the cryptoworld somehow.

ripple?

im not holding bitcoin so i dont really care

i got a tier 3 kraken account, so i can transfer 20.000 euro a day if all cryptos begins to shit themselves

but thats not going to happen, cryptos here to stay, bitcoin is not tho

You don't know how markets work, do you? There are cycles of crashes and booms.

That's a good point, actually. I suppose it's got to crash eventually.
But I think if BTC ever finds itself on its last legs, ETH or some other top competitor will be too busy growing to join the crash.

I don't think they will fail completely. I'm optimistic about the future of bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. There will be big crashes though. Guaranteed.

If cryptos fail we're screwed, there's no where else to escape the looming totalitarianism, I'll cash out and buy cans of food.

You could move to Switzerland.

Never said fail. I said crash. Crashes are certain to occur. Most people don't prepare for them.

What can you really do to prepare?
Unless you know with certainty a crash is coming it makes no sense to leave the market.

I am just curious what other people's plan are. I keep thinking about Tether, but then I am scared it will fail.

The money will shift to ethereum.

Won't help during a real crash. All coins will fall together.

>implying BTC won't crash because the growing number if transactions will slow transaction confirmations to a halt, without unreasonable fees

Lmao

If i have a bar of gold and the dollar crashes does the price of gold go down? The money will shift.

It will transfer out of cryptocurrency altogether for a while, as it does every big crash. You weren't here for the other crashes were you?

Bitcoin and all alts lose their negative correlation during legit crashes (black swans). They all fall together. Look at the history of crypto.

I think if a crash happened tomorrow the money would go into ETH.

BTC is doomed. It's slow and expensive and it can't evolve. I don't keep any BTC anymore, just ETH and altcoins

Yes, initially. But if it continued to fall, and headed for a drastic bear trend, people would start panicking and fleeing to US dollars.

For the record, I don't think a crash is coming any time soon. I think BTC will hit around $2500-3000 before it crashes hard (back down to $800-900). But it is something to consider.

You should read The Black Swan. Sounds like you are operating under false assumptions. Be careful. The negative correlation will vanish during crashes.

I'm not worried about a crash, my initial investment in 2013 was $700, bitcoin could crash to $2 and I would still be ahead.
I don't cash out and don't plan to.

That's also when I got in.

The way to make the most money is to exit during bear trends. And then re-enter in bull trends. And I think you know that.

already crashed desu

>thinks all coins will crash together because of what, blockchain tech?
>has no idea how free market works

If you play it smart, one coin crashing will have no effect. It's all about portfolio mgmt.

The problem is that most altcoins are utter shit and when Bitcoin crashes people lose faith in them, since they can't be exchanged for USD, only BTC, and if BTC is going down then why would you care?

ETH might survive just because you can buy/sell it directly with USD.

>Don't look at the history of bitcoin crashes and it's effect on alts
>Hasn't read The Black Swan

I love people who are so engulfed in this shit that they think BTC is stable and should be used like the USD for purchases and shit so they don't even bother trying to get more USD, only more BTC because they stupidly dedicate themselves to it and defend it over altcoins to no end.

I would fucking love for an alt-coin to just wipe out BTC and spite these fuckers on exchanges which don't allow USD or USDT. They think it's so fucking stable and are so convinced of its future I would love to see them squirm and another coin rise to the top while they do nothing about it.

The point he was making is that BTC is more stable than other cryptos. Only a fool would disagree with this.

That is not how it works. People that lose faith in a coin because of a single crash are people that has no idea on how it works, and they will never succeed in investing in cryptocoins (or anything for that matter).

Yes, there are many shitcoins that are bound to XBT, but they are usually just scams.

There are many altcoins that can be bought with FIAT, and XMR is a good example of a coin not bound to XBT.

I don't need any book about cryptocoins. They are usually written by poor investors.

I've been in it since the beginning and always believed in XBT. I still have around 2K of them, but will move on to ETH and XRP because of the superior implementation.

LOL! Thinks The Black Swan is about crypto. Good lord... what an uneducated, short-sighted moron.

I'm talking about a market crash, not a single coin dipping. Right now the entire crypto market is tied to BTC, and if BTC drops 50% in two weeks I promise you almost every shitcoin will plummet.

Exactly. A lot of new traders haven't experienced a crash yet. They've only seen bitcoin and alts do little dips and rises.

please kys :) you've already shown that you literally know nothing about the industry. what's your profit again? that's what i thought.

yea, the problem is that it's not. did you look at XMR again? what about when ETH skyrocketed and XBT plummeted about a month ago?

I think the problem is that you guys are focusing too much on irrelevant cryptocoins made to scam people.

the market can crash, sure, it's a free market. but it will not be because of XBT, not for a long shot.

>about a month ago?
There hasn't been a Bitcoin crash since 2013.

It was 2014, right after it rocketed to $1100 in November 2014.

I remember because I was holding LTC at $2 and rode it to $50. Made $250k on $10. But didn't sell in time to catch much of the profit.

Irrelevant. If coins correlate, they will not only do so during a crash. XBT dipped 25%, and ETH skyrocketed, going from 0,035ETH/XBT to 0,055ETH/XBT.

$10k*

A 25% dip isn't a crash. Coins rise and fall that much in a day on the regular.

Cool story, but then again, if coins correlate, they will not only do so during a crash.

Also, please show me the coin that dropped 25% today or yesterday, excluding scams and pump/dumps.

>If coins correlate, they will not only do so during a crash.

Read a finance book. All models of correlations fail in a crash. Many hedge funds have gone bust because of this. They think they can manage their portfolios based on correlation, then the black swan even hits, and there is no reliable correlation data. It all goes out the window.

Except that would require a full market crash, which is very unlikely to happen because of a XBT crash. That is the essence here: XBT is not that important anymore, and will eventually become obsolete. It is very clear already today that smaller coins are no longer bound to XBT. Like the other guy said: the market will just shift.
In fact, XBT crashing would be good for the rest of the market, as the demand would go up.