/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>Patch 1.06
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/5/tekken-7-version-106-update-fixes-frame-rate-drops-caused-by.html
>Patch 1.07
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/20/tekken-7-version-107-update-includes-balance-changes-new-cha.html
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lRBr6MmWoyk?t=250
docs.google.com/document/d/1ZUM6c7DtjaSGsYRBYI60fxbQSiIhKoNo9gzkVFNe-2o/edit?copiedFromTrash#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nina first

>that OP
someone make another

Shaheen is Saint's weakness

>play like a blue scrub
>win against one of the best players in the world that constantly makes top 3

fuck you I was just about to make it and you make this gay furry king one
i had a funny OP and everything too

>unga and bunga
>use your characters gimmicks over and over than playing like a sane person
>get to grand finals, defeat several best players in the world and ready to face the very best in Tekken
>by unga
This is why starcraft is better kekcucks

how do I beat shin akuma? This version of kazuya is pretty gimped

Fuck if I know. That dude is a fucking SNK boss, always have trouble with those

Pray

how do some of you sleep at night when all you do is one move

What can this Kazuya do to put someone in turning state in a juggle? His movelist is not accurate in the pause menu so I don't know what the hell to do. I use regular but this one does not share movesets

It's pretty easy once you abuse his good shit. for starters if he's in range of the dive kick which I forget the name of you can do it to jump over fireballs. second when he's in melee range he uses two different punch combos, one is safe on block and the other can be punished with twin pistons into a combo, just use the rage drive you have infinite of them and it does good damage. when Akuma does his jump mixups press back 3+4 and Kazuya will teleport out of it. You can also teleport through the super fireball towards Akuma if you're not point blank and can follow it up with a 112 or even a story electric. When he does his unblockable duck then punish with ws2, follow it up with Forward 1+2 and if he's near the wall follow it up with rage drive, if he's not use Down back 1+2 and the laser usually hits.

Kazuya has his own bullshit to abuse too it gets easier when you do it.

I will try that

youtu.be/lRBr6MmWoyk?t=250

It's funny how he's seemingly embarrassed for admitting wanting to play Dragunov because he "looks cool". That awkward laugh is like "Oh my God now people know that I'm not just a Tekken robot who only thinks about nerdy shit like frame data."

At 4:10 that is. That "video URL at current time" doesn't seem to work here unfortunately.

It's all good till he moves in with the focus into demon

You need to learn to duck it, you can punish it hard if he whiffs it though.

he steps out if I duck too early it seems. A tough fight with gimzuya

Are Josie players objectively the least skilled Tekken players?

How on earth am I supposed to beat a character that gives me a constant raging erection?

First off he's in devil mode so he's stuck with the devil moves in exchange of losing some normal ones like df1 4, in exchange he gets some neat stuff

>F 1+2
Second rage drive, acts like pauls rage drive on hit
>Forward or back 3+4
Teleport with instant start up, can avoid a lot of shit if used well
>DB 3+4
Unique laser that starts from the ground then moves up
>??? Juggle escape
I'm not sure of the buttons and I'm not even sure what moves it works on for Akuma, I've done it twice or so

He also has infinite rage drives, easy damage for when you don't know any combos just follow it up with rage drive. easy twin piston combo is just (twin piston) 2, 2 then rage drive, just use the second rage drive on ws2 punishes and either follow it up with db laser or if near a wall follow it up with the normal rage drive.

Is the Hori mini fighting stick worth it for Tekken?
Wanna make the switch.

If you time it right he whiffs it, if you do it early he backs off, it's better being too early than too late but if he whiffs it you get solid damage.

Buy a proper stick or don't buy one at all.

Being a sexless husk of a person whose libido is a ramshackle helps a lot.

I ended up just using wgf on him every time he whiffed b1-2 and then going into hell lancer for literally the whole fight.

Imagine raping her when you win.

Mini sticks are not worth it. Buy a proper one.

That's the name I forgot, hell lancer is easy damage especially when he fireballs.

Get a hitbox

or she can rape you when you lose

I don't think I've ever beaten a Katarina in a bikini. God damn it really is distracting.

I bought one for school.
It sucks, just invest more into a real stick, trust the other anons on this.

I can't concentrate against Josie.
She has "big arguments".

Who are talking about? Devil Jin aint Unga and neither is Jack, Shaheen or Dragunov, so no idea who else is in or was in a GF recently.

>or Dragunov

>jdcr is unga

yikes

>strawman

yuck

holy shit, Why didn't I play Nina sooner. She's much fucking fun

What's she about?

Setup based Offense with high speed moves and exceptional frames

>Setup based Offense
What do you mean?

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZUM6c7DtjaSGsYRBYI60fxbQSiIhKoNo9gzkVFNe-2o/edit?copiedFromTrash#

I'm just saying what this guide says.

>that outfit
hhng

So I gotta drop $200 AUD?
One extreme or the other then?

>One extreme or the other then?
You either don't spend any money because you don't buy any crap at all, or you get something good. Yes.
Personally I got a hitbox off of fightstickasia. Aside from my country's retarded customs that made me pay a shitload for it, it was an amazing purchase and pure quality.

So yes, fightstickasia if you want a hitbox. If you want a stick I'd say get the etokki omni korean edition, it seems to be the best one

Yep, youll just be buying a crappy porduct otherwise and you wont be satisfied. So eventual you will end up sticking to pad or spending another 200 dollar anyway

How should I play Miguel to bring him to the next level? It would be pretty cool if someone actually pulled off the blue version of his SAV 1+2 in tournament.

>blue version of his SAV 1+2
???

There's an extra version of his SAV 1+2 if you hold it long enough. When you get hit you look blue.

I'm testing this and it's not happening.
Let's be clear: you mean his chargeable powercrush launcher from SAV, right?

I'm getting hit during my powercrush frames but all I get are the standard white smoke effects that every powercrush has.

You sure? It works on my machine. Have you tried charging harder?

Yes. Could you screencap it?

>etokki omni korean edition, it seems to be the best one
Korean sticks are questionable for a first stick, and the only characters that will really get any benefit from it is those with moves like ewgf that benefit from a faster snap back to neutral. The best choices to start are etokki Omni Sanwa edition (Korean if you know you will prefer a Korean stick), the Razer Pantera, or the Qanba Obsidian. Personally I bought an obsidian for my first stick and I love it.

I agree, Qanba is great quality. I got an eightarc fusion for my first stick and it was an absolutely fantastic choice

Geese

Is hot

Yeah, K-sticks are one of those things you end up switching to after trying out a square gate for a while. You really have to figure out whether your particular grip/stick usage style will benefit from a K-stick or not as K-sticks can be pretty detrimental for new players who may not be able to hit precise diagonals.

youtube replay of knee josie qudans rape when

korean sticks benefit your backdash cancels as well, but one could get a similar result by putting a heavier spring in a jlf

Man Josie haters really love jumping on any single performance that a Josie does well as some damning example of "SEE SHE'S BROKEN!" Comes off as desperation to prove its the character's fault that they struggle with the matchup.

josie doesnt seem like a knee character

Reminder that Seimitsu sticks are superior to Sanwa.

I don't think anybody ever said she's broken she's just a dumb character that isn't fun to play against and worst of all is one of those that will destroy you unless you really know the matchup like hwo and eddy. nobody likes playing against characters that can run trains on you just because you're not entirely familiar with them.

Kazuya and Steve have felt the most like Knee characters but it feels like he wants a cheesier and/or high tier pick instead. He's got a weird character crisis that just seems to be leaving him frustrated.

The last 50 posts of the previous thread was people hooping and hollering about how she's broken and should be nerfed. Yeah some of her moves are annoying but literally every character has a handful of moves that are annoying.

which one are you using? any thoughts on 40 and 56

What defines "a Knee character"?

To me I think Knee characters are characters he can dominate his opponent with off of execution and reading his opponent like a book. Hard punishing, flashy characters are what defines Knee's playstyle to me.

someone more like kazuya or steve, that shuts down the opponents gameplan completely and not allowing them to be offensive

He's a hipster when it comes to character selection, but not so much that he's willing to play low tiers.
I'd say "Knee characters" are powerful underdogs.

Josie is actually really fun

I want to do the big boy Kazuya double electric into rage drive combo (86 dmg)

But I can't do double electric fast enough (kazuya can act instantly if he hits an electric apparently). can't get my fingers to do it fast enough. is there a different big boy combo that doesn't involve 2 electrics?

Law has a hopkick but the game mentions this NOWHERE in the movelist, what the fuck

Practicing double electric combos is worthless unless you wanna show off in practice. No one will risk a double electric in tournament and I question how possible they are online.

he cant act instantly but he recovers very fast on hit and block when you do an ewgf
if you wanna do a ragedrive combo you can do one electric into ragedrive, less damage but considerably easier
make sure you're actually doing electrics though and not normal wind god fists

what
kazuya's staple bnb off an electric uses two electrics
you only do one electric if you want to carry to the wall
his optimal midscreen bnb uses three electrics

>Practicing double electric combos is worthless
You're an idiot

I can't think of anyone who goes for double electrics in tournament. Yeah they are optimal but it's easy as hell to drop. Even Qudans rarely will do double electrics on DJ.

ye its rly fast I didn't know he had less recovery when he connects with the electric thought it was the same speed as an electric in the air
but i guess this explains why some people can do 5 electric in a combo
im doing one electric and then back 3 and then drive for 71 dmg

You're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about, please stop talking

I bought Eliza. Fuck, she's fun, but I really can figure out the timing for the links

Is there anyone who does go for double electrics all the time in tournament? If so please tell me who because I legitimately love seeing that stuff, or seeing Kazuya in general.

You're comparing DJ combos and Kazuya combos, which makes no sense at all. Again, stop posting.

Is Law honest

absolutely not

Why not? He's got no gimmicks

How easy is Nina’s evil Mist shortcut supposed to be? I can do it nearly every time on my weak side but not at all on 1P side. I’m not sure if there’s something up with my pad or not.

>pad

lmao my dude

Elaborate faggot

you cant compare djin and kazuya like that
but yes you are right in tournament kazuya players tend to not do 2x electrics, but it definitely is worth practicing cause some of his highest damage comes from those combos

shit like bryan taunt jet upper is some of the hardest stuff you can do in the game and you still see bryans attempt it in tournament

No

EWGF, cd1+4 (rd) d/f1,4 s! cd4,1 is 81 damage
imo way easier to confirm than adding a second electric, which isn't that worth it for 5 damage and you don't have to run as far for the hellsweep

rage drive after two electrics has a small window to hit compared to d/f1,4

>you cant compare djin and kazuya like that
I was mainly doing it because isn't DJ's easier than Kazuya's? Or was that only Jin?

>but yes you are right in tournament kazuya players tend to not do 2x electrics, but it definitely is worth practicing cause some of his highest damage comes from those combos
Worthless was probably the wrong word, probably should've phrased it as it's not worth stressing over and single ewgf combos are fine.

>shit like bryan taunt jet upper is some of the hardest stuff you can do in the game and you still see bryans attempt it in tournament
Yeah but the difference is double electric combos unlock more damage so it's not usually worth risking, whereas taunt jet upper is an unlockable with a retarded amount of uses and makes Bryan's Oki and wall game transcend in terms of quality.

Kazuya has the easiest electric in the game as you miss an input for it

You two are both retarded. Kazuya's combos with 2 electris are easy and consistent because the second one doesn't even have to be an electric.
What makes Devil Jin's 2-electric combo harder is that he has to connect ff4 after it. THAT's why DJs in tournaments only do 1 electric.