Classic WoW General /cwg/

TayTay Edition

>VOTE IN THIS BLIZZARD-MONITORED SURVEY
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc64CYad2GpAVvH6yEl-mLd2NBlCnKeIASA8mTrRwjJQ5usDw/viewform

clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Sources:
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-04-wow-classic-blizzard-answers-some-of-the-big-questions
pcgamer.com/this-is-how-blizzard-plans-to-finally-bring-back-vanilla-wow-servers/

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

>Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m1YCqV6yYu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

durrr... 1 button rotation rotation takes skill

me when I see a horsebeater itt irl

youtube.com/watch?v=m1YCqV6yYu8

Are you ready to admit that Brack was right and you don't?

I don't, never did.
WoW for me stands for Waiting on Wotlk

durr... 100 button rotation takes skill

why is he bullying the guy with cancer?

i've had more player interaction during first 20 levels on lightbringer than 2 months of playing pandaria.

durrr...the triangle takes more skill than the piano

why does every general need to have their own tranny avatarfag?

durr... I memorized a sequence of buttons and I'm basically a piano virtuoso now

mentally ill people love attention
just ignore them

atleast post some funny dumb feels guy memes

shut
the FUCK
UP

there shouldn't be a hybrid tax

yes actually, a shitty pianist's performance will be within 99.95% of a professional orchestral performance

>leveling for 3 months is fun

I found out how to be a professional pianist on icy-veins

>bvuv i avevvy pwey my sub huwheh i heff to pwey hweubrev twags

>hitting max level in 2 days is fun

it is when all the content and the fun is at max level.
leveling is blizzard being jewish and milking you for 3 months before you start playing the real game

To be honest 4-5 button rotation takes a lot of skill. It's not like in vanilla where you can just cheese thru bosses while pressing frostbolt. You have to be VERY aware of the more complex boss mechanics introduced in later expansions while also maximing your 4-5 button rotation. And forget about trying to memorize that 4-5 button rotation because it's literally impossible for a human being and that's backed science. So the average legion player needs to have his brain working at full capacity at all times and that kind of gameplay of course is scary to the 1-button pressing vanilla babies.

>gen z panda kids actually believe this
sad

durrr...108 hours to 60 is so different from 48 hours durrr...

>me have fun killing boars for weeks

>48 hours is so different from 47 hours durr
>47 hours is so different from 46 hours durr
>...
>6 hours is so different from 5 hours durr

it's a role playing game... read some quest texts and build up your character

NO I NEED TO BE MAX LEVEL TO QUEUE BGS AND DUNGEONS

I played Vanilla Retail and I used to do adventure-y stuff for fun. I would make sure I explored every area of every map, I would try to complete every quest in the game (I used a mod I think called QuestHistory), and I would kill all the rares in the game possible and take screenshots of me doing it. I also tried to do all the seasonal stuff and would collect pets and strange items like the rare fish in IF/Org.

To be honest I want them to put in an achievements system. It would make things a lot easier for me and it wouldn't actually change the game itself.

>To be honest I want them to put in an achievements system. It would make things a lot easier for me and it wouldn't actually change the game itself.

>que dungeons and bgs
There's no lfd and there is no honor system in patch 1.1, maybe come back in 1.12 or stay retail idk

durrr...cta, questie and luna aren't like 100% of the way to Cata or anything hurrr...

their going to be LFD and BG at launch or people will unsub

Would it be a good idea to start playing on a private classic server now to get a feeling or would it spoil the experience for me when official Classic comes out and I'd have to essentially do the same thing over?
It's probably years away and not be 1:1 the same anyway

addons and thotbott existed back in vanilla!!

so i will be rolling alliance druid and so far i've come to the conclusion that the following race/class combos need to die:
-ud mages/rogues/warlocks
-orc warriors/shamans/warlocks/hunters
anything else?

you'll probably burn out before level 40 either way.

Is tauren shammy chad tier or not?

if you want the original vanilla ganking experience boosted by 100x come to lightbringer my friend.

durrr...2 mechanic fights are good actually

Yea, big boy bulls. Only lowtest queer tryhards roll horde/troll

I'll play WoW for first time ever on classic

Do you think guilds will exist for first time players? People will probably cheat looking up guides online anyway

Really all I'm excited for from Classic is just leveling up and hopefully making a group of friends to play with. I genuinely enjoy leveling and it'll be a nice, fresh start. I'll probably roll Mage since that's what I started with, so at least my Portals and stuff will be in demand.

Okay.

orc/troll*

>Tank rotation is just sunder armor, revenge and thunderclap
>Horde is better for PvE because bloodlust (while calling others wotlkbabbies for not knowing this)
>Balance druid is viable for competitive raiding
>Shamans are the worst class in game
>Every AV will last at least a day
>Fury warrior isn't optimal for raids
>Every 40 man tank must be warrior
>Retail raids are harder because vanilla raids only have few mechanics per boss

Ahh yes, the classic announcement sure did bring back all the """veteran wow players"""

Roll a priest and be a good girl healslut.

>195902346
(you)

He's right though.

1 druid, 4 paladins, 2 tank warriors, 6 priests, 2 hunters, 24 fury warriors, 1 warlock

The perfect vanilla raid comp

wod toddler...

woddler

No thanks, I enjoyed Mages way back when, so I'll probably enjoy them again. I might make a Priest alt if there's a demand but otherwise, I'll stick with what I know.

>0 shamans

1.8, actually.

>0 paladins

if you could kill one wow class from vanilla wow classic which one would it be?

warrior

warrior or hunter
make the raids harder by having worse tanks x)

why would the tanks be worse when we can buff druids

who is we, also stop

The journey to max level was the point of the game, the actual experience going through the game was your journey to the top, it takes a bit of time to get there. Whereas now its a race to max level to grind the same content for months.

Herilooms ruined levelling, may aswell just have players who want ot make an alt have their character start at max level because the levelling in the current game is a complete and utter waist of time and it is a race to get to the end as quick as possible. Noone cares about anything but endgame anymore.

If I could, I wouldn't.

Druids. They should be a hero class.

>The journey to max level was the point of the game

But how do you keep the people who hit max level subscribed? Subscription based MMOs need a treadmill that never ends.

end game is the only thing that ever mattered.

retail brainlets who destroyed the game have no say in whats fun

you retards dont even wana play it, thats why you need LFG and portals and every class viable because YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND TIME PLAYING you just want rewards, if blizz introduced a system where you pay and get a daily pat on your casual quasimodo back, youd pay

FUCK OFF, fuck off, dont come here, dont think about vanilla, dont try to ruin it again because i will find you and your anus will be wider the mariana gap

Play tank warrior since 2004
Cant play any other class anymore because 90% of other tanks cant perform the simplest of tasks

WAKE ME UP

games are supposed to be fun and rewarding retard
vanilla wow was like working a job.

how good is bloodlust in Vanilla?

Anyone else going on Hearthglen for a while to play test for Classic?

yeah man, vanilla is pefect

that's why 1 class has a tree with only 1 talent that actually makes you a better healer

Dumb trinity/(quaternity (warrior/mage/priest/rogue)) shitter

theres no rotation shitstain, you do whats best because you need to tab target, watch sunders, and protect yourself from blows, theres no OH I SLEPT A BIT BETTER PRESS IM SAFE BUTTON

>wat is fearward
retard, kill yourself

>what are casters with a moonkin
>tell how awesome bloodlust is, call shamas the worst

>you can reenter the same battle and get rewards easily
>you are a fury shitter
>fury shitter worried about tiers
>you never got out of MC because you were shit and your are still SHIT

you fucking shitstain, you will fucking die in cancer you stupid ass windowlicker retard logworshipping idiot who always fucking dies because hes glued to the fucking meter

DIE DIE IDE DIE DIE FUCKFACE PRAY I WONT FIND YOUUUUUUUUU

>man

nigger detected, kill yourself before i do useless shitstain, you suck, you always sucked, you fucking cant play for shit and are incredibly salty, die in cancer
how did i finish my uni while raiding naxx and having a social life then? maybe you are just a fucking casual who is bad at everything he does thats how

o_o

my friend who played vanilla told me shamans were good tanks in the earliest versions of the game

is that right?

no, they could never tank

AHAHAHAHAHA NIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, they could tank a dungeon as an emergency on lower levels

vanilla tanking isn't hard its the dps and healers that drag the tank down.

this desu, doing any 5mans without me myself tanking is too painful so I never get any of my other classes geared.

>butthurt negro

>LFG, portals and every spec viable

the real answer is playing Mage desu, which is what 50 of any Vanilla server will be doing.

Very worrying, user.

wont help since the dungeons and raids are quite in the wilds plus you will be a watervendor for any raid or group

why did you delete?

>Arcane damage tree
>Has a 5 point talent for physical damage
vanilla is ______

>MUH VANILLA!
>But 1.12 introduced cross realm battlegrounds
>#notmyvanilla

I want nost babies who act like vanilla purist to go and stay go

>water vendor

yes? you just get trade dispenser and just by existing you've already been useful to your raid?

BY FIRE BE PURGED

youll be very annoyed very quicly how everyone asks indivudially for it

lets break down all the classes

Warrior - Shit to level - only endgame tank and is top dps at endgame

paladin - hybrid taxed - can do anything in the game until 50, then its a great support class okayish healer only

rogue - okay to level - best pvp class in game, great raid dps, useless in 5mans past lock picking, sap is unreliable cc.

priest - easy to level - best healer in game, easiest class to heal as. shadow is great in pvp sucks dick elsewhere, disc can be done with good gear holy rest of time.

mage - very easy/ long to level - can make portals, can make food, best ranged dps, great cc, great aoe, great in pvp, every 5 man wants 1, can buff intellect, can farm easily. best class in the game.

warlock - very easy to level - can summon people, can give people healthstones and soulstones. shit cc and aoe compared to mage. threat issues, never run out of mana. a shit mage because you are not allowed to dot bosses.

hunter - easy to level - best cc in game if used by a non shit player, pet will always pull more mobs, shit raid dps past mc, needs everything.
king of wpvp untill 60.

shaman - hybrid tax - can dps or heal until 50, then must heal. great support class, enhancement is actually great in naxx gear. resto probably best designed healing tree in vanilla, chain heal probably best spell.

druid - HYBRID RAPED - can do everything really poorly, thanks blizzard.

with all this mind what do you guys think people will play?

bear/spriest/warlock/mage/hpal is favorite 5 man dungeon clearer. warriors just cannot dish out what bear form can.

Auto attack swings between AE can decide a 1v1 especially if you have a proc(lifesteal from strat sword)You wont be running around with +200 spell power weapons for months.

These kinds of posts really show the capacity of the retail brain desu

what? that's what the addon is for. you don't have to do anything.

I'm playing a hunter (lvl 11 orc) on light's hope atm & i'm trying to get to darnasus so I can grab a pet owl. But it keeps rezzing me when I take the boat to the village so I can't get to the portal. Is there a way to cross the ocean without rezzing, or get into darnasus as a low lvl horde?

What about death knights?

idk but i have moonglade portal omw to gank you