Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #935
Perfection Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation (For masochists, not recommended): pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
How to use AAUnlimited:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyrKeThaEJM
youtu.be/tSrH-6YUf1g?t=20s
pastebin.com/ruEcr0YB
mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!huZz2TaL
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to pat her perfect head

>this perfect
Have you seen default-chan? Shes my waifu too so back off.

Good OP.

Also corruption mod where. I want to look at the settings for that and I don't see a link in the stuff in the OP.

I don't mind setting up that scripting thing either if that's what it is.

Take a guess.It's been said about 100 times.

I got it from the Saint Sola card from a bunch of threads back. It might be with the modules given out in the discord group linked on the AAU github, though.

There's gonna be an AAU Traits pack released sometime today. It will include the Corruption trait as well as a few new ones. Either wait for that or track down Sola's card.

Today is a pretty short time to wait.

Ooh, a few new ones? Such as?

Cuck
Vivid Imagination
Brute
White Knight
Loyal
Saint

Sorry for that kind of question, but whatever. How do I should instal this mod? I tried to synchonise it with instaler and to put files in foulders, nothing worked

it's an old obsoleted mod. It's included in hexaoc, altho reslotted

You don't. It's in hexaoc already.

Seems interesting. I shall be waiting with bated breath.

But in editor it isn't working. Maybe problem is with number of that hairstyle, which can call errors?

Oh, I just remembered where the dick sliders fixed and also scenes. Those wherent in the patch notes for AAU.

You need AAFace. AAU has it, so download the latest version of AAU and install it.

Okay, thank you

In the poser settings, what does 'single window mode' mean?

It puts it in the game window. You got me excited there for a second.

I mean it makes it pop up with the game window.

Ah. All I've seen it do is make the poser windows jump immediately behind the game window unless it's set to Always, regardless of game window size. That explains it.

No. Stop that.

The original card has the hairs in different slots. Refer to the google doc for the updated ones and use Reiedit to change them.

post THOTS

DUDE

I just figured out how to add props and rooms and boy am I EXCITED

T*OTS.. !!!!##.

Is it possible to make an outfit not include shoes in the maker?

youtube.com/watch?v=tyrKeThaEJM

That's possible with Reiedit, if all you want to remove are the shoes

youtu.be/tSrH-6YUf1g?t=20s

Can that be saved as a .cloth and added in the Maker? Since it's a different style I'm making an outfit for, it can't be edited in Reiedit like that, as far as I know.

Jesus christ does the pre installed game torrent usually take a day to download? also why the fuck is the direct mega link download still on the pastebin if its gone?

Any changes you make to outfits in Reiedit can be saved as .cloth files.

question for you plebeians:
how detailed should a trait description be?
Here's a simple example:

>minimal description
Brute
Fights and rapes

>short description
Brute
If rape attempts are refused this character can and will fight to force success.

>long description
Brute
This module can be equipped both on PC and on NPCs.
-If the module is equipped on an NPC card, if the NPC attempts to rape a character and the character refuses he will immediatelly fight them. This interaction cannot be refused. If he wins the fight, he will rape the other character. The victim can be the PC as well. If the PC loses, an H scene will start.
-If the module is equipped on a PC card, if the PC attempts to rape a character and the character refuses, player can try to fight them and they will not be able to refuse. If the player wins, an h scene will start.

>hybrid
Brute
If rape attempts are refused this character can and will fight to force success.
Full description: link

Long description is always best.

Long description. How would I know if I could use it on player card, and that I should attempt to rape and then click fight otherwise?

>this character can and will fight
Traits are priori applicable to both the PC and NPC characters unless explicitly stated.

That doesn't seem to be the case for a lot of traits that have been shared already. You can apply them to PC but they do nothing.

also keep in mind this is how it looks

Depends on where the description is at. If this is for the module descriptions in AAU, there's only a tiny little space for that, so the short description would be best, but if it's on a pastebin or something, the long description is better.

Short is enough.

they do something but not everything, just like vanilla traits. And those that are applicable to NPCs only refer to the character as NPC
Yeah, I'm talking about

Why bother asking for long if it doesn't fit in the box? It would not provide the benefit of having it long. It makes no sense.

That is how a hybrid would be. Another example is:

>Girls that get raped have a chance to ask the White Knight to take care of their bullies. If White Knight fights the bully and is successful he might get a reward. Might agitate the bully if not.

Where the long description is:
>pastebin.com/ruEcr0YB

The biggest pro of long descriptions is that you would be unable to figure out some mechanics by yourself, such as asking the White Knight for help when you are the victim, and knowing exactly in which cases a trait should work.

Even short description not necessarily fits in the box. There's no word-wrapping but you can select the whole string.
This is a UI issue but I'm not touching that code any time soon(or preferably ever)

You can copy paste text from the UI, the description is still there, you just have to select it.

Only if you have a really bad connection.

Hybrid it is, then.

Why exactly can't you just include it as a link? That'd help with small space as well.

Huh. That sounds like an interesting module. I kinda want to read the code for that. I was worried how it would have worked before seeing that it was tied to spreading bad rumors. How is the reward applied/enforced, though, especially if it's the player that had reported?
I definitely like the hybrid.

Then it has to be hybrid it's the only option that fits both the small size and reasonable enough to get the idea across with the link.

Because chances are all the traits would link to the same place: AAU guide

You should fix the UI. Why are you opposed to fixing it?

It has 17 triggers. It's explained in the "Fight result" trigger, you'll see it later today. On the bully card if he lost the fight it writes a string with the seat number of the victim card, with value 5. Then in another trigger, if he attempts to rape her, it catches this in a npc answers event. Answertarget :: getstring (triggercard) is checked for if it has value grater than 0. If it does, it fails his rape interaction and decreases that value by 1.

What's the point of having descriptions that don't really do thw describing?

Because it's Win32
Short description gives the general idea behind the trait and does the job of describing just fine. Long description explains the nuances and how the trait performs in various circumstances

Sounds to me like hybrid is the way to go. I don't want to have to read a long description, I want to check the gist of it and see it if I like it at all. But if I do like it I want to know more.

Wow, that's a lot of triggers. How does it handle the person being saved having to kiss the card with the module, though?

The kiss will happen only if the girl likes the WK. It is also issued from the Fight Result trigger: if the WK won, the girl who had asked him for help is queued an action towards him, a kiss. This part of it won't work if Player is the victim, since we can't issue actions from the player.

>Because it's Win32
What does that mean?

Can there also be a version of WK that also works if a girl is insulted or beaten?

That is near trivial to implement, just remove all occurrences of detecting if the npc/player is being raped with detecting if it's an ::IsForce action. Also, I just checked the code, winning a whiteknight fight against the bully will disable him from doing 5 force interactions towards the girl, so no insulting or beating her either.

it's some very shitty type of UI coding. And there's already a mockup for a more flexible UI that's much better to handle. So I don't want to do some unpleasant work I'd have to completely discard in the near future.

So the UI is getting revised already? That's fine then, no reason to duplicate work.

New traits when?

While we're talking about new modules, are any of the older modules changed or updated in this new set?

Only Sunday Style so far. Renamed to Sunday Fashion and actually finished so they switch teh style back after the Sunday

Does "so far" mean that you have plans to update them?

I'd have to if someone finds that they dont' work as advertised.

I'm having this issue with the textures in the maker after upgrading AAU from 5.2 to the newer version.

In the main game it looks normal.

Found the culprit.
Having this ticked messes up my textures.
Unticked and everything's normal.

Just to check, but you can set separate clothes for each period for a corrupted style, right?

>that
>perfection
There can only be one.

the corrupted style will include a whole new set of outfits
making styles in this build is pretty wonky(read completely unusable) so I suggest if you're making a card with styles you use the v0.5.2

>sweet new AAU is out
>still can't fucking strip 3+ characters
God fucking dammit, one fucking job.
Is that too much to ask?

Unusable in what way?

styles infect each other all the time. You pretty much can't make what you want

this is only in the maker tho. The style switching itself works better in the AA2UPlay v0.6.

Seeing as you make them in the maker that sounds like a problem.

Is it sometime today yet?

Uploaded the apartment that dude requested last thread in morning, sunset, and evening versions

mega.nz/#F!hqYBSYQT!sjzH0HALAJqiU_bpwg8gkQ!huZz2TaL

Would normally be playing Pokemon right now but gotta stay behind taking care of siblings. Why does the world conspire to separate me from my overpriced yearly video game remake.

How do you make a bust size over 90% not clip into each other in the middle?

I don't even know at this point why I even bother

because you're a useless leech?

Sweet

I'm sorry I don't know how to code nor have the time to do so.

there is a point where you getting a walking description of the code.

I think that the long description should explain exactly what the user can expect from the trait (it's effects in the game), so that he can know its scope and what behavior is intended. Nothing more than that.

You should move all the sliders before asking us what they do.

I did, and while I can get them not clipping through each other, at that point the nipples stick way out to the sides.

welcome to real tits.

That's what happens when you attach balloons to her chest.