ADOM r81 released for free, get it here
adom.de/home/downloads.html

/dev/null tribute tourney has begun!
Play it at hardfought.org

Infra Arcana 19.2 released
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>Roguelike Servers:

roguenex.us/ (CDDA, angband, PCB)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
hardfought.org/ (Nethack and variants, including slex)

play roguelikes

Capitalize your sentences.

Holy fuck arelgee, do something

Change your piercer into a pudding.

>first time playing Tome since 0.17
>kill an orc, grab his sword
>fall down a shaft two floors
>meet Sigmund, say "fuck it"

Either this sword is amazing, I got really lucky, or Sigmund has been seriously nerfed.

Wow tome looks different than I remembered

lel
I meant ADoM4: Dark Days Ahead

tome looks really pretty now what happened? also sigmund has always been a pussy. he's scary because confuse

I found an RV with a working sink and kitchen and have made it my little base, but it was surrounded by low-tier zombies during the night (fat zombies, kid zombies, dog zombies, and there's a shady one out there). I killed most of them with a crowbar but they tore the fuck out of my legs and broke my left one. I have food, water, books, and alcohol so I'm safe for now.

I'm trying to make a first aid kit so I can sort this shit out. There's still a shady zombie outside and I'm pretty beat up.

Overall not a great situation. Mixed alcohol does not make a first aid kit. I need to find some pure stuff.

You can probably take the shady zombie, but you might lose your other leg too.

>Working SUV outside my RV home
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

FEEL MY ANGER

YES

HAHAHAHAHA

YEEEEEEEEES

this thing is almost out of gas though so I'm still not doing so hot.

here

Somehow those fucking zombie dogs kept sneaking into my RV while I slept. I wouldn't be surprised if the SUV drew more attention, I probably should've kept moving while I could.

On the wiki page someone linked last thread for praying in Nethack, it says crowning is usually bad. Why is this? It seems like a positive thing and they don't provide any negatives on either page

Crowning increase the time you need to wait between prayers. By the time you usually get crowned this really shouldn't matter.

Search other abandoned cars for gas. Siphon it all.

It's too late, I got DOGGED

>go for pre-crowning gift in ADOM
>it's shit
>go for second pre-crowning gift
>it's also shit

ded general
ded genre

Do you drive vehicles in real time?

It's weird. You set your desired speed freely, and when you hit "wait" you travel forward, building or losing momentum towards the speed you've set. When you're stationary, steering takes no turns, but when you're driving, steering takes "turns" and you move along the curve.

rolling

>PrincessRL is a roguelike inspired by the Princess Maker series of games. Will you be able to take your Princess safely and successfully from Princess school, learn the skills required to be a proper lady, and maybe, just maybe find a Prince?
What the fuck

That reminds me, I need to check out those princess maker games one day.

Why so ded?

>ADOM
>mummy lord attacks me three times in one round
>first hit makes me sick reducing my HP by 1/3rd and then halving it
>second attacks crit me and take me to 1 health
>sick damage does 3 damage to me at the end of round before I can even do anything

What a noble sacrifice!

Is there enough ne content since the elemental update of dead cells to start playing again?

2hu 16 is on steam now

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way."

*fills entire room with monsters*

try asking the indiegames thread, friend

/rlg/ will die in your lifetime

so

what about IVAN?

pulsating orc vulvae

none of them can make nethack into a good game lol who cares

Fiq and Dyna seem pretty good.

not if i have anything to do about it

savescumming is verboten

Hah I finally did it!

Fucking sweet. Would you ever play it again?

what's the point of playing this over PRIME?

>fake plastic imitationposting

sporkhack

Huh, umber hulks are just natural masters of dual wielding. Convenient!

Never gonna be able to wield 4 weapons thanks to the anus slot options. Xorn shieldmaster would be hilarious and amazing if it could exist.

Gee whiz.

Behold.

Yeah I need a shield. Now.

If I use one pair of arms for Sords, and the other for shields, I can concentrate my slaying one one and resistances on the other.

Interesting. If you use one pair of arms for one sword it's no longer treated as 100% dual wielding.... I think?

Oh, inherent rBase, thank god!

Yes.

Absolutely not
None but I needed it for a devnull challenge
eat my poop

wait was that the actual real one then
Zap'm added an ascent run and a bunch of fakes. one of them prints a "you won -MORE- haha just kidding" message just like that, and of course you don't actually win until you get the real one and take it back to level 1

general grievous vs ewoks, this game is bad fanfic

>If I use one pair of arms for Sords, and the other for shields, I can concentrate my slaying one one and resistances on the other.
bad idea
you get the big dual wielding penalties for using two weapons in the same set of hands but not for using weapon+shield and then weapon+shield (though your second set of hands is always "90% skill" instead of the 100% for a normal warrior's single-wielded weapon or 60some% for dual wielding
also, slaying from rings only applies to the weapon on the same hand as the ring, slaying from gloves is divided evenly between all hands it applies to, and slaying from hats/armor/racial bonuses/etc is divided between all your weapons. you can't double-dip on slaying

Thanks, dude.

Wish I could find a shield.

hey /rlg/ I just got into roguelikes and started playing angband after sucking ass at nethack for a couple weeks. Swapped because I wanted a game less reliant on spoilers. Do you think that I'd be able to beat angband without any spoilers? Just reading the bundled guidebook.

thanks fellas

Right, now I need shields that aren't dogshit.

Arthur's mirror shield would be superb.

>started playing angband
If you want to do that you can, I guess. For someone new to the genre I'd recommend stuff like DCSS (try to get a version like .15 or so, maybe earlier), Brogue (really simple but interesting), DoomRL (just really fun), or Sil (somewhat complex, but accessible and deep).

you'll certainly make more progress than nethack but if you don't have full monster memory or conduct monster spoilers you will probably have a number of "oh it turns out this thing can breath [element i don't resist] for 900 damage i guess i should've left the level as soon as it detected me now i'm dead" situations

crawl or brogue

>try to get a version like .15 or so, maybe earlier
ignore this meme, especially if you want something less spoiler-reliant. recent versions have much better descriptions for everything in-game

When the fuck did you need spoilers in DCSS?

things like mindelay or monster damage/spellbooks, for starters

Mother of fuck I need this. 100k gold.

Thank you, PCB-R, for letting me hold this for 20k gold

200k, actually

So fucking worth it. Need money.

winner winner chicken dinner

sorry, but what do you mean by conduct monster spoilers? I havent heard of that

That's a typo
I meant to say "if you don't consult monster spoilers"

Thank you!

Nice.

Motherfucker just give me a level I can fight Arthur on without being oneshotted

p OOp haha

dragonfly tengu centipede kobold monkey grendel quasit

I reglyph dragonflys to I so that took me a second. Should have used orc digger instead of Grendel.

wow i thought this is impossible. do you forgot to wear your armor or something?

r o l l i n g

it's nothing to be ashamed about actually. recently i died from mimic hivemind cause i took of my usual armor and tried to max my speed instead and wear ancient mummy wrapping for cat lord. i killed cat lord but forget to change equip(( though it's hard to figure what your situation was

A novelty.

Status report.

So this is devnull? Is it a fun tournament?

Melee. Not bad? Not max blows yet. Might become actually impressive once I get GOOD slaying + better weapons

>I killed most of them with a crowbar but they tore the fuck out of my legs and broke my left one
Somehow I never manage to keep all my limbs during the first week. Always break at least one. After that I can go for weeks even with penalties from 1-3 broken bones and don't ever be in a situation where another one can get broken, but on the first week at least one is always gone. Maybe I get more careful after fucking up so bad, so it's almost a good thing.
I was sure that I would keep my last character safe and whole. Then he stepped on a landmine at the seventh day when looting the fucking house. Usual set of traps spawned inside, right behind the window I dived into at night when escaping zombies. Broken everything but one hand. Had to crawl around for a month or so before they healed.

Mother and Son.

Bit too tough for me, even alone.

roll

Remove Drumpf school, it is grindy.

Remove PCB, it is grindy

rolling

0.D never my fellow /rlg/ers

hmmm where to go first, to darkforge or dive into rift. i have miserable 34 pv at best but i'm so tired of this stupid game. at least i will play with strength of atlas after this

make me

roll for permadeath

>tfw /rlg/ does not care about dcss anymore

It's better with friends

Might get some good armour in Darkforge.

i can have it in rift or after it in wilderness, this is much faster.