/scg/edg/ Elite Citizen Star Dangerous General #228

A Clear Understanding of Game Development Edition
ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

Retaliation Trailer*
youtube.com/watch?v=38bHNSB4cDM

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

*Not actual game footage
pastebin.com/Sbd5bPbH
>FAQs
pastebin.com/tZDHqbSz
>free money for newfags:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Derelict thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NxBdyyGx7vM
youtube.com/watch?v=efq71DNVKzg
robertsspaceindustries.com/media/t7qui40ufaznur/source/JumpPoint_05-11_Nov-17_Expanding-The-Boundaries.pdf
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=2112439595
pastebin.com/ANj4zSAE
youtu.be/mGcG0g7GsOI?t=783
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
youtube.com/watch?v=3l-epO6oUHE
robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge
mega.nz/#F!gTx13ASL!G5s3AoNNaVKsu3iO91TyXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

new star shit
youtube.com/watch?v=NxBdyyGx7vM
youtube.com/watch?v=efq71DNVKzg

>cherie took japanese in high school and college
best waifu just got bester

So if human language is horizontal in most cases, and Xi'an is verticle, and the Banu don't care, does that mean Tevarin will be pictographic or a 45 degree slope

He was probably banned for spreading "fud".

I can just barely bring myself to care enough to ask what they're even talking about.

circles and loops

>having a written language
cucks

>you must warn me a week in advance so I have enough time to get my paycheck and sell my belongings to afford the latest jpeg
the ethical vaporware company...

The Kim Jong Un of unreleased space-sims.

With the anniversary sale around the corner, many people are banking on CCUing their BMM to one of the other $350 ships for free. Though back in May, CIG stated their intentions to change the $0 CCU system closer to 3.0. Do you think they won't make those BMM $0 CCUs available during the sale? I wonder if the thought has even crossed CIG's mind at all lately. Of course, I can't ask directly in Spectrum because I don't want to give them any ideas if it hasn't.

CIG has been greedy in the past, but do you think they will be THIS greedy?

>CCUing their BMM to one of the other $350 ships for free.
Why? i don't keep up to date on this game.

Remember you're not buying a jpeg, your supporting the game which just so happens to come with super powerful jpegs

Stage 3: Bargaining

they tried to do it but the community blowback was huge and they relented. Instead they're gonna give $0 CCUs a expiration timer so people cant hoard them. However given that they havent done that yet its possible that alternative was just a face saving measure to back the idea that taxing CCUs was about contolling the number of CCUs around and not about trying to squeeze money out of credit trades.

let it die

The BMM was originally $250 and there used to be a $0 CCU for the Redeemer (another $250 ship) to the BMM. Some people "bought" that $0 CCU and waited until after the BMM was raised in price to $350 to apply that CCU, and now they have a $350 ship after only spending $250. With the way the store works, it doesn't matter how much you spent for the ship, the CCU price is determined by the current price of the ships. It happened with the Starfarer in the past, and people were able to get discounts on more expensive ships. If this goes unchecked this time as well, it will be the same thing. CCUs to other $350 ships will cost $0 instead of $100, CCUs to a $400 ship would cost $50 instead of $150, etc.

However, CIG has changed the $0 CCU system in the past and said they would change it again closer to 3.0's release. They've also been a bit greedy as of late. I wouldn't put it past them for them to decide to not release any $0 CCUs for them during the sale, or to change the CCU system so the price is calculated by what you bought the ship for instead of it's current price.

robertsspaceindustries.com/media/t7qui40ufaznur/source/JumpPoint_05-11_Nov-17_Expanding-The-Boundaries.pdf

how tf they gonna make a system with no sun and a bioluminescent ocean

:Page 9 :20 replies :13 posters
Is this it? Is the dream dead?

Wait, in the same system?

how maneuverable are ships and vehicles (and people) going to be in star citizen?

short answer is extremely.
Long answer is that it varies wildly depending on size and role of ship, but even the big fat stuff thus far turns pretty quickly, little stuff like the 300series, Buccaneer, hornet, and other combat oriented ships change direction almost at will while large stuff is more sluggish, in particular if its larger and not intended as a combat vessel, like a freighter or mining ship. Compared to most other space games I've played SC ships are very responsive and agile, they have hugely powerful engines for their size and most ships have far more mav thrusters than are actually needed for 6 axis control. On fighter I think has like 26 fixed thrusters, other have only 8 but they're gimballed to fire in multiple directions.

Vehicles we don't know yet in any real way, but I'd assume similar, small stuff will be relatively agile, and things will be more cumbersome as you get bigger. People thus far are actually more realistic than most shooters in that you dont change direction instantly and running has momentum that has to be checked when altering movement.

lots of biolum stuff on earth exists in the deep ocean where no sunlight reaches, and in caves where no sunlight reaches.

>system with no star
How is that even possible.

I have no idea what I just read

The Carrack is so yearned for, it's no surprise many pirates will want to steal one. To steal a ship, you have to board it. But if the Carrack is put into a perpetual spin, no one is getting in.

Read the damn JP. Supposedly there is a system that is just a lost gas giant with four moons, the largest moon is largely an ocean that glows. If they can actually implement that into the game it could be one of the most visually impressive places in the >verse.

No doubt. I'm curious how CIG plans to implement something like that. How has bioluminescence worked in other games? And has it worked on a scale of biolume algae or just points on a specific asset.

>accidently eat too much Big Benny's
>Get the [Diarrhea] debuf
>have to sit in the Port Olisar crapper for 8 ingame hours so I don't shit my space suit

>still linking to ved
new thread boys

fuck off.

Star Dreadnoughts when? And I dont mean retribution

'Threadly' reminder that Star Citizen will have it's commercial release before Half Life 3 is announced

>free money for newfags:
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/
I guess there is something poetic about introducing newfags to the game with fake randomizer.

Elitefag here
What does that randomizer do?

is it really a fake ?
how di you know?
also remember to sage and post in the new thread

supposedly passes out a randomized referral code for SC's referral program. its entirely possible its bullshit and biased towards some group or user.

It gives you a referral code to use for creating your RSI account. If you use the code, you get extra 5$ worth of currency. There are rewards for people with lots of recruits to promote shilling the game with your referral code.
Code randomizer that selects the same code every time seems prety fake to me.

Wait, can anyone just open these links to get to the PDFs? I thought it would redirect if you weren't logged in.
Does this mean we don't need the megas?

yeah, thats the way its always been, theres a technical paywall on the site but if someone with access shares the direct link anyone can click it. YOu can even DL them directly from RSI and not get computer herpes from mega.

>also remember to sage and post in the new thread
fuck off dude, fix it in the next one, thread wars is cancer. we dont start a new thread because you dont like something in the OP.

Fuck off with your referral code then faggot

>Anime avatar butthurt about >referral
But keep shitposting about "vaporware" games against each other

>Posting in both threads

aint my code dude I'm jsut sick as fuck of people starting thread wars shit. I ain't no goddamned furfaggot, I lead my own org that is not ved or affiliated with ved in any way. I have literally one referral becasue I did all my shilling before the referral program existed.

can't we just keep the referals as a plainext with a note for newfags "pick one at random" so there's no doubts?

IMO they just shouldn't be in the thread at all, this is a place for discussion not advertising, organizing or shilling.

[muffled e1m1 in the distance]

say that to the vederation furniggers

The randomizer was originally added to the OP to prevent shilling. Before then, people were shilling the codes directly in the thread, this keeps the autism contained into a single document.
This used to be the /scg/ randomizer, not sure why it isn't used anymore. It worked decently enough.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=2112439595

eh, at least in theory it's two anons helping each other. Both sides get something out of it, so why not? If it's in some pastebin out of the way and not someone spamming their number into the thread (and newfags asking for one in the thread which happened too) I don't mind at all.

The "randomized" referral code remains the fucking same, fuck this shill shit

last four of the code its spitting for you?

I want a Drake capital ship, shaped like a dreadnought or a a fast combat cruiser, no hangar, no anti-cap torpedo, just cargo for "combat salvage" and lot of turret against everything.
It would be sold to defend against Vanduul incursion

q9b9

>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/
ok, same here, I'll strip it from the Op if I make the next one.

thank you. also, if the thread ever does display a code randomizer again, that code neds to be removed from it. fuck that piece of shit

>NCTX-Q9B9

I updated the FAQ pastebin with a working randomizer. It's >plebbit, but if noone is willing to maintain an /scg/ one, we might as well use this one.
pastebin.com/ANj4zSAE

Checking in for my once yearly update. 4 years ago I bought a $250 supporter pack for star citizen while under the influence. To this date I've logged into the site 3 times to see if my stuff is still their. I have 1x Constellation Andromeda 17,000 UEC and 5,000 REC. Can anyone tell me

1) What role does the Andromeda play in the game and is it any good
2) What's UEC and REC
3) Do i have to sub to play this thing
4) Is there any point playing the game at the moment

Thanks in advance

Constellation is a ~medium multipurpose ship
UEC is the money you'll use into the game, but it will change when they decide on the value it have
Star Citizen will not have any subscription, got the game? you'll be able to play

Right now we are very very patiently waiting for the Alpha 3.0 which will prove that they can do space to planet seamless transition, and we hope, with more than 24 players per instances.

Thanks for the reply

If you didn't see a lot of it, they have a few notable video of stuff we will NOT have access to when 3.0 come.
youtu.be/mGcG0g7GsOI?t=783
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
(it's the newish at the time constellation Aquila)

What you will have is more this (but better visually), yes we were supposed to have the alpha 3.0 since a year ago. Make your own opinion, to me it's normal as there is no game that ever tried what SC is doing now.
youtube.com/watch?v=3l-epO6oUHE

Other stuff to know since 4 years ago:
Star Citizen (the MMO) and SQ42 (the solo campaign) are now sold separately, but you probably have the 2 considering what you pledged.

2 threads, one on 9, the other on 10.
Both threads deserve to die for excessive faggotry.

It was originally supposed to be advanced warnings about when a price change would happen so people could unmelt CCUs and such, then it mutated into just being about fucking concept sales

They'll either simply not allow CCUs on any sale ships, or will raise the price of the Carrack/hulld/crucible/etc to 450

Currently, it's nearly impossible to get into any moving ship in 3.0 anyway

Have you gave hundreds or thousands of dollars, just to be called 'spoiled' and 'entitled'? If the developers think like you, there would be millions in refunds on the way. Just because people want some accountability when an investment they make ends up being different from the initial pitch, doesn't make them 'spoiled'.

SPESS AK WHEN

Looks like shit, and mechanically designed like shit.

So just like this then?

Nah, thats called nitpicking.

What you (or he) posted is actually shit.

>in a game with laser guns and space ships

I actually quite like the 'spess ak', haven't seen it posted by any of the team tho, where d'ya find it?

Its from Titanfall 2, and its just as mechanically unsound as this is.

How do the bullets even get to the barrel? Is it like Factorio in that gun?

If you ask for more rights just because you believe you have contributed more than the 1000000 "Aurora backer" yes you are being entitled. You didn't donated money to keep the right to change ship as you wished, you just donated more money and CIG decided they gave you enough present for that.
>accountability
have nothing to do with making sure the game stay balanced. I don't think you know how the developers think because they are the one making those rules, I only posted someone's wording about why those rules exist.

By the way, since the new ToS CIG don't have to issue any refund unless they want to.

I don't think you understand how businesses that ask for people to invest in them works. There is no 'wavier of rights for a refund if you backed us' card for CIG, since it's not called a donation, but a purchase of an expected product. No matter what the TOS says, since there is more than one version, any lawyer would be able to raise and dispute the case, otherwise anyone can just change their contract anytime they want and consider it binding.
Your mentality that we should shut up and accept that since we gave our money to them already, we have no rights to any expectations on any part of the product, is nothing more than the idea of a bully who has no intention of making sure the customers enjoy the product being sold.
And about accountability, what you are doing is blaming the backers for giving money for ships in development to them, when in fact it was CIG who advertised the ships on the sales pages as have certain features, such as 'punching above its weight'. If the features gets used over and over again for new ships, to the point where game balancing is broken, that is entirely the fault of the developers over saturating the market with copy paste products in a bid to make people buy more ships. How is is the fault of the customers who paid good money for a product that was originally advertised with features that would make it stand above other products?

You're quite exceedingly retarded, but its what I've come to expect from these threads and this particular topic

>hurr durr I'm too cool for this shit.
go and stay go. this place doesn't deserve you.

>I don't have a counter argument
>Just call him retarded and run away

What the hell did you get wrong on something as simple as crowdfunding? You aren't an publisher ordering CIG you are just one among a million of other backers who gave near total creative control to Chris Robert. What you purchased did not include more than the games and features covered in disclaimer.
Cry all you want, you were never entitled to get preferential treatments.

According to you, it is considered preferential treatment to expect a product to be delivered as advertised, or with reasonable changes while still retaining the features that made the product stood out.

The fact that it is crowdfunding makes it even more of an issue, since CR is attempting something totally new, and is expected to set the standards for it. The fact that they do take the community's feedback into consideration rather than, like you, telling them to suck up or shove off cause they got our cash, shows that they at least understand that there are a lot of expectations resting on them, and that if they make the wrong move, it will affect their cash intake MO in the future.

CR understands that they need to treat all backers equally, and not just those that voice happy thoughts, otherwise they will not get new backers. He may hold creative control, but it has to be a creative direction that the backers support too.

So with SC's bullshit trying to get even more money is it true that ED is the King of space.

Also any news on being able to walk around space stations?

>Also any news on being able to walk around space stations?
Nope. ED has always been and will always be a spreadsheet format interface game. If they included the feature to walk around, it would either enter development hell like SC or become a low budget version of it. There's just too little profit compared to the cost of development.

>You aren't an publisher

>We, the Developer, intend to treat you with the same respect we would give a publisher.
robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge
Fuck off already.

I find this line extremely funny in retrospect because the entire reason they kickstarted is because they do not at all respect publishers.

I think it's more like CR couldn't accept the fees and deadlines publishers would demand, and vice versa. Basically he cut out the middle man.

You haven't paid CIG to have your special snowflake opinion will take precedence over expected change you agreed with.
Disclaimer are part of the of the advertising, you are just an idiot if you ignored them.
That's because CIG treat backers equally that it remove gift and CCU exchange before it cause problem with balance. Can't blame them for doing exactly what you paid for.

Still doesn't make you a publisher.
Same respect, not the same rights.

None shall be spared

>That's because CIG treat backers equally that it remove gift and CCU exchange before it cause problem with balance.
>Can't blame them for doing exactly what you paid for.
Wow, being this incomprehensible and incoherent must take a lot of effort.
I bow to your ability to take three separate and isolated issues, namely a) backers equality, b) gifting and CCUs, c) game balancing, and somehow shred those ideas in the slimy mud hole you call a brain, and somehow manage to come up with a theory that has absolutely no connection whatsoever to the real world situation.

Bravo I say, Bravo.

Also, here's some food for thought, if they are doing exactly what everyone paid them for, why are there still people questioning them on their current processes, to the point they have to create hours of videos so that we backers can monitor their progress?

Somehow, I expect that the answer I will get is 'banana'

Where can I get a free archive of Jump Point and the rest of the subscriber magazines?

mega.nz/#F!gTx13ASL!G5s3AoNNaVKsu3iO91TyXw

ships need to be able to adjust their landing gear height and ramps need to be able to adjust their angle and length in order to be able to load almost anywhere

Thanks chap, here have one of these-