/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread: >/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>Danganronpa News Last updated 11/15/17
pastebin.com/n83HpxJCSpike Chunsoft hiring staff for ‘Danganronpa modeling and texture creation,’

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj- Spoiler free guide *MUST READ IF YOU ARE NEW*
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT- In-depth gameplay mechanics and information
pastebin.com/M1sg5ftn- Danganronpa V3 Bonus Mode starting guide
Modding guides:docs.google.com/document/d/1J1kzVZus2k1ci8uiNUYuyXfHuGfnoDHELQ9httsdCMw/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1LDc2DG46Jzs7oyp8vnzDonuqMtLetew6T5TqIZVoVgM/edit

>Danganronpa 1&2
store.steampowered.com/bundle/361/Danganronpa_1__2/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-1•2-reload/cid=UP1063-CUSA06808_00-DANGANRONPARLDUS

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls:
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-another-episode-ultra-despair-girls/cid=UP1063-CUSA07293_00-ZETTAIZETUBOUPS4

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony:
store.steampowered.com/app/567640/Danganronpa_V3_Killing_Harmony/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony/cid=UP1063-CUSA08537_00-DANGANV3PS400000

>Danganronpa Interviews and Articles
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>Download pastebin *contains DOWNLOADS "wink", art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

>Danganronpa fan works pastebin *contains links to fanart, fan-fiction, and dr-related artists*
pastebin.com/DkRdiShK

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1MaZ0sCqdsFtOOWM1Ao695ej1aGNtqhMotAz3zo51-YI/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=homLF23YdEs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mugi!

Maki said she would literally kill me if I kept singing that smash mouth song "I'm a believer" around the house.
At first I thought she was joking.
Then I saw her face.

Reminder to Amamishits

I want to fuck Kaito.

Posting this in the new thread because wow, shit went down while I was working out.

I'm not from tumblr. I put it on tumblr because there really isn't a better place to put giant masses of text and let people share that piece of text easily. I made that blog for the post itself.

I thought I explained it in the post. I really doubt that Maki's FTEs will solve any of the writing issues I outlined in the post because all of those posts have to do with how she's characterized in the main plotline and not her backstory. None of my criticism revolves around there being holes in her character (which would absolutely warrant taking a look at the FTEs before criticizing), it's about how her character develops outside of those FTEs.

Whether or not you do her FTEs, she still develops in the same way in the main plotline and I argue that way is poorly written. Likewise her FTEs don't excuse the poor writing surrounding her betrayal in chapter 5 or the poor basis for which Kaito/Maki is founded on. Those are flaws in the narrative, not in her backstory.

I'm not going to lie that I'm displeased with how Maki's written (that much is probably obvious) because of how much focus the game puts on her. If there's something in the FTEs which somehow reverses all the bad writing decisions concerning her development in the main plotline , then I'll take back what I wrote. But from what translations and summaries I've read, there really isn't.

And even with all of this, I'm not saying it's unacceptable or wrong to like Maki. I was not trying to attack Maki fans with this, guys. Apologies to OP.

Are you being sarcastic or do you want an actual answer?

Animator!

It was pretty clear that despite being the protagonist, shuichi has really polemic views about certain subjects. He often shows the opinion that murder can be justified here and there in the game, so I don't really get how him being ok with maki is a problem.

Kiibo best boy best robotto

I agree with a few points here.

While I agree it's kinda sweet for a guy standing up for a girl when people distrust her, in a life or death situation it's kinda stupid.
Kaito disagreeing with everybody on locking up her stuff, despite it being proven she kills and killed and feels no guilt is a pretty poorly done.
They could've had a reason or some other way to trust Maki during that trial and since they doubted her in that trial they might've felt bad later on and try to get along with her, eventually becoming friends. Kaito was poorly done here similarly with Shuichi who just went along with it.

How they just tried to force her many sides on you and make her so different each chapter after 3.

Not to mentions shit like chapter 5 where she just wants Ouma to be alive and found guilty so much she's willing to kill everybody including these friends she's grown to care for and doesn't apologize and it's not brought up later at all.

Amamifags are pathetic. Zeussufags are eternal.

Naegi-kun is my boyfriend!

I want to pinch Meaty’s nipples!

I love these survivors

Ultimate mad scientist reviving dead Dangans.
Dead dangan harem.

Isn't meaty a girl?

Yeah.

Does it matter that they survived if they're non-canon?

New thread, new Tenko!
Friends may come and go, but my love of Tenko is eternal...

Reminder that Rantaro was Tsumugi's love interest in V2 and they both sacrificed themselves to beat the mastermind.

Girls don't have nipples?

All the Tulpafags are lesbians for each other

I want an actual answer because despite I getting your point as a whole, after reading the entire thing I am more than sure that you were influenced by bias and I just want to confirm that it's just an angry rant.

>Sayaka is a furfag

She is.

>miu is not wearing a blazer

i love kaede.

Koko! Maki good girl!

Does anyone have a bigger size of this?

Reminder that this is made impossible by Rantaro's survival video.

>fictional characters mattering

Actually if everyone died Junko wouldn't be able to revive. she needed a number of students alive to override the program and upload their memories/ai.

>jewell has shit taste
not surprising

Which character do you think had the best development?
Which character do think is the best written?
Which character do you like the most?

A reminder that Kyoko is the best girl

I love Junko!

I want Meaty to pinch my nipples!

>Which character do you think had the best development?
Shuichi
>Which character do think is the best written?
Shuichi
>Which character do you like the most?
Maki

This is an interesting discussion but I have the strong feeling it won't end up well as I have very unpopular opinions

Seriously kys already

>gone through Talent Plan 4 times now with my Ultimate Kaede
>still no surgery
FUCK YOU MONOKUBS, GIVE MY WAIFU HER STATS

Her thoughts on Maki swing wildly, give it another week.

When it comes to development, I like Fuyuhiko's and Mikans.
When is comes to writing, I preferred Komaeda because he is one of Kodaka's best written characters however unfortunately he doesn't have a character arc and doesn't really develop from his mindsset.
I like Mikan the most.

Im currently working on an alt history LN focusing on Hajime, Natsumi and the Kuzuryu clan. Basically, what if Natsumi didnt get killed and Hajime ended up becoming more involved with her and the family.

Here is the rough draft opening "prologue" (I guess its more like "In medias res" than a prologue)
docs.google.com/document/d/1MaZ0sCqdsFtOOWM1Ao695ej1aGNtqhMotAz3zo51-YI/edit

Its going to be pretty long. I plan on releasing it as one full length book, rather than a bunch of parts.

I don't love Maki because I delusionally think she's 100% perfect and never did anything wrong, I love Maki because of her imperfections, because she's made her mistakes but is still trying to figure out this world of emotions like friendship and love, she is genuinely trying her best and even if it leads her to making more mistakes, I believe she is never ill-willed
And this is why I believe she's a good character. She is not a Mary Sue that always has the best idea of all of what's going on and never makes any mistakes, she is a genuine human being

Amami puffy nipples

shuichi
hopeman
mahiru

I know your pain.
I hadn't gotten one in 3, and in my 4th I had THREE success cards by the end of it and no surgery. I wanted to hang someone.

Never a rarepair!

But I like every V3 girl.
Not really. I was a little conflicted with her when the game first came out but she grew on me once the transcripts were being done. I don't like how easily forgiven she was in Chapter 5, however.

Exactly.

I am shocked to see this general is having actual game discussion for once

A reminder that Aoi is best girl!

Would you mind explaining where you think I'm especially biased?

Of course I have bias. Everyone has biases one way or another, and of course my frustration with her is what led to to write them. But I hope the arguments about how she's objectively written as a character, in terms of how the basis of her change starts, the pacing of her developments and bouncing around character traits, have some merit.

I'm also not saying Maki is the only poorly written character in the game, or that she's the worst in the series. She's definitely not, by far.

shut up Mugi

shuichi
dunno
kaede

I want me and toska to rub our nipples together

I need some lewd Angies.
I need some sexy Angies.
I need some thotty Angies.

Guys guys What if?
Amami's video is fake?

I mean think about it.
Amami wasn't happy to be in the game when he recognised the monokumas.
He asked what's up with the theatrics and in the japanese version he says "why are you copying this?".

Why would he make a video like that for a fictional game and in the video he acts as though he believes it was real?
Wouldn't it be a stretch to say Tsumugi faked that video to get him to explore that spot and take him out at the same time?
I mean she did have a metal ball nearby the exact same one Kaede used.

Maybe she planned it so he wouldn't reach the end of the second game too.

Mikan doesn't really develop though. Kuzuryuu does, sure. But Mikan catches despair disease, gets reverted into a despair puppet and dies. Then the next time we see her alive she's magically despair free and doesn't really act noticeably different from how she did before. If she's doing better post-Dr3, we don't know what happened to make her more stable, because it all happened offscreen.

Can't wait to see it user.

Nice, user. Keep up with the good work.

I want to protect Asahina's smile!

Post your favorite Danganronpa soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=homLF23YdEs

Fuyuhiko
Saihara / Maybe Ouma?
Tenko!

I want to protect your smile, user!

Would be funny if the action game had these models.

Fuck off Tsumugi wasn't in V2

was the video also on the Survivor's Perk tablet though? I don't remember

It kinda correlates with the revelation about the outside world. I don't think it's fake, since it's such an important clue.

M-Meaty-sama!

>liking kaede

Why did /drg/ assume she hated Maki at any point?

Your theory makes no sense.

Miu big family

Amamifags might be on the same level as Cuckhara. Zeussu reigns supreme

Toko
Nagito
Nagito

If Hope's Peak Academy was real you'd all be labeled sexual predators since it is actually a high school.

Not him but it wasn't. Just a written message.

Not in my backwater hick state!

Also wow, I'm sorry, I'm fucking stupid and missed you wanting an answer to your question. My bad.

For well written characters, I'd say Himiko, Kaede, Hoshi, Saihara, Kaito, and it's really controversial to say this, Ouma have good development and/or solid character writing. I understand that some of those are static characters and that the definition of a WELL written character is harder to define than a BADLY written one, but those are my choices.

But what if some of us are high schoolers?

I'm still a teen.

Jokes on you, my husbando is Gozu.

then he did not see that video because fifth floor was inaccessible at the time

Because she's an Oumafag.
Lots of people who browse drg can't view past their 'ideas' of what most characterfags are like and automatically assume that characterfags are against each other to prove their own waifu/husbando superior.

>what is age of consent

Absolutely disgusting.

You did explain it, I am just talking objectively - Any amount of insight to a character is helpful when writing anything about a character even if you "know" it won't change anything.

You do bring up some good points, I do think the narrative tends to "force" her development, but I think that is mostly due her dev.

My biggest issue with the post is that everything is just so summarized - its clear that you put your emotions in this. I don't even know what parts of the game you are talking about at all in chapter 4 because everyone interprets things differently (Especially if there

I also think you fundamentally missed the entire point of chapter 5.
>The significance of Maki betraying Kaito’s values of trust and belief in the best is completely lost on any of the characters.
Chapter 5 was literally her own battle of trust. The entire latter half of the trial was her struggle to accept to the truth vs believing in Kaito. I am going to quote her first words to Kaito when he got out of the exisal.

>Why...?
>Why... did you kill Kokichi?
>You were agianst the killing game... So why did you kill him.
>I believed... that you absouletly wouldn't do such a thing...

Also that part you referenced about being a detective is one of my most favorite lines in the game...I can write up a completely different post on why it is so good.

i can make you a long ass post about why i love her so much
and i am sure you wouldn't like it.

You better hope that was a joke because a mod isn't going to see it that way based on your post

I can can give the excuse that Kiibo isn't a real person so I can molest and tease him all I want.

maki 44kg no breasts

Precisely. He had no way to see it since he died before his room was found.

FLAT

That's vandalizing school property.

Like I care

shuchi having sex with Himiko
maki watches