/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

I'd better be the only guy making this right now edition
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eyai44jEbNk
youtube.com/watch?v=QMT6q-tEzsk
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00295450.2017.1384269
m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1091728522
youtube.com/watch?v=-OL4PDGJMpQ
blog.marekrosa.org/2017/11/physics.html?m=1
youtube.com/watch?v=7HYO0naOjiE
youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2RM_B3MmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0jLLFLN1_tU
youtube.com/watch?v=xHax-y8D-7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ced will save us

I'll try. No promises, user. We have been on this ride three times now. Fourth is the charms, or... fuck, I dunno.

Is it really three times?
Feels like more

Would something like that hold up in court?

>I'll try.

>Ced online
>not in stompy robuts
>Marek has spearheaded the most successful victory over CLANG to date

Are the prophecies true? Is the Marek to finally be gassed?

>pre-NeetFleet
>Neetfleet
>Warbros
>Argie
>WB2.0
>various other pubs

How Jewish is your lawyer

Orthodox

I only meant the wbs servers.
Feels like more than three, for sure.

Maybe I'm thinking of the old non public ones idk

Even if they had broken the seal, EULAs don't typically hold up in court.

Not as good as "personal friends with the DA" but it'll get you out of it.

It was basically a SS13 episode. There was a clown, dysfunctional med bay, spoders, a rogue borg, and of course leaving via the emergency shuttle after everything has been fucked to shit

I believe in you.
Agreed

stormworks is pretty fugin cool

Built the bigger one. Took longer because I decided to figure out how the programming block works.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyai44jEbNk

Is that fucking dynatron, keo?

ye, look for RetroWave / Outrun on spotify

solid playlist

look for muh dick, yeah dynatron gets a pass cause it's spess themed synthwave

youtube.com/watch?v=QMT6q-tEzsk

nu serb soon?
noice

>REM
Where can I down this? is it good?

no tonks no play

What's the ip?

Going to try to get Spengies to run on my Surface Pro

>ced is not ded
wat

>eight hundred seventy two metric tons
Jesus christ, that's big. My entire ship weighs less than half of that.

>Spengies has too many issues that drive me nuts and it runs terribly
>Want to try Empyrion
>Only thing on the workshop is ship blueprints
>Spengies has skins, blocks, ships, scripts, and all sorts of shit

Is there a good reason Empyrion doesn't have anything outside of ship blueprints?

>you live, you die you live again

Recently purchased Factorio, doing my first freeplay run, would it be a good idea to have multiple main lines consisting of iron plates, copper plated, steel, stone bricks, gears, coal, solid fuel and both types of circuits, and all types of oil products and just have each one of my production 'modules' tap into them as needed?

Don't know if that makes sense, but think of it as multiple highways that split off into smaller roads where needed.
So for example the 'red science' module would tap into the gears and copper, green science module would get gears, iron copper and circuits, etc..

What you're talking about is commonly referred as a "bus", which contains the most common materials. Half of what you've listed usually isnt in the bus. Gears, for example, usually are made on the spot and are fed directly into the assembler which needs it because otherwise you end up with a fuckhuge bus. Same with copper wires.
If you look for guides and examples you'll get an easier time but, in my opinion, figuring the game out is part of the fun.

squidcucks forgot the weekly again lel

What would you say is good to include on a bus? I thought gears and circuits are pretty commonly needed for things, so I'd put them on a bus.
Yeah I don't want to read any guides yet, I feel like I have alot to learn. I'm not beyond asking for /egg/'s opinion though lmao.

I usually make gears when I need them, they're fast enough to manufacture. Circuits are always in demand though, good idea to make a nice fat bus and big circuit factory.

Iron, copper, circuits are the usual things that go in there. Some add steel, I remember someone said he didnt bus green circuits. Its a matter of tastes, I guess.
You'll move your shit off the bus with splitters and underground belts so keep that in mind when you design it. Whatever you do, just remember to leave enough space to grow.

working multiplayer

CLANG!

context?

new analysis of the Chernobyl meltdown
tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00295450.2017.1384269
turns out those ruskies accidentally made a very inefficient nuclear shaped charge
>>The nuclear explosions formed a plasma jet that shot upward through the still intact refueling tubes, rammed the 350-kg plugs, and continued through the quite thin roof and then some 2.5 to 3 km into the atmosphere

Please let this happen, it'd be the best thanksgiving present since smallpox blankets

>excited that moving parts are more stable
>have design ideas I want to implement
>my engineering autism is dead
I have the desire but not the will, wat do

Iron, copper, green circuits, red circuits are essential. Each get their own belt. I also tend to bus plastic and batteries on one belt, as well as one of steel and brick.

I'd recommend you play a game with a bus, and then play one where you deliberately don't organize anything and let everything snarl. Embracing the spaghetti will do wonders for your planning and creativity once you go back to the bus.

After doing some testing today, the multiplayer part isn't really there yet. It looked fine on my side, but others saw the drills clang pretty hard.

I'll mess with a dedi and see if it gets any better, but it probably wouldn't be this week.

Solution, no drills and instead those voxel fake mining things

the alt + f12 bind for spengies isnt working, did they change it?

>nuclear shaped charge

iron, copper, greens, gears, reds, bit of steel

disabled unless you run sdk spengos

only if you set the friction to 0

Too bad the space balls friction slider mod doesn't work

After watching the vid Keo sent me, it looks like drilling still punches sim speed hard, but at least oscillations - while they do occurr - cease once the stressing vector is removed. So it looks like:

- see if a dedi-serb does it any better
- hope for the fabled MP update

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

Thank god, the robots will kill us all soon enough

What about something like this? steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1091728522

Is simple plens /egg/?

You get simple plens for 1 buck on humble bundle if you're interested.

did I miss ced returning?

luv u ced

Yes, but
>advertising jewish swindle DLC

>having a problem with robber fondler giving away shit for free

>shit for free
>apparently paying for something is free

>being this poor to regard a single dollar as a considerable sum of money

>being a jew who trivializes all money because he's got all the real shit locked away in a vault

Whatever you say Mr. Poorfag!

youtube.com/watch?v=-OL4PDGJMpQ

????

They went to war with clang
gods be merciful upon them

save us ced

Special weekend event. They gave everyone a free engineer flag. If you win 15 battles with the flag equipped over the next 2 days you get 20 gold coins.

>threaded vehicles
what?

>threaded
>thread

>THREAD

>only tried on flat surface so no real stress on the treads
Fancy thing to show off, still unconvinced.

blog.marekrosa.org/2017/11/physics.html?m=1

>less clang

I suspect it's all pre-rendered stuff, not even close to ingame performances

>people still falling for mareks tricks

>that gif
Reminds me of the end of youtube.com/watch?v=7HYO0naOjiE

let's play skubmaid

>players can dig through the entire planet
Isn't this a lie?

Marek said in the past that it would eat all your memory or something. So maybe?

oy where can i get the latest stormworks?
And how do i change base so the shit spawns where i am instead of the starter base?

>gps receiver part
>literally no purpose
>unless you are mad enough to build an autopilot

go here

IIRC there was an invisible wall underground.

Please stop.

but thats two days old
thanks anyway

unreleated but i been smellin burned plastic for the last few days and just noticed that this part kind of looks like it was melting. Should i be worried?

pic...

mustard gas

gayman headsets are supposed to do that

I hope your is fully functional and last forever.
Cause I have the same one.

It works fine so far. Maybe i just had a hot cup next to it or some shit. Or maybe the wiring got loose on the inside from all the tuggin and its heatin up...

so i launched spengies yesterday adn i couldnt find the "override safety lock" option for rotors, did they remove it? how does it work now, im confused.

>gyro stabilized speedboat
yee boii

Does anyone here play Kerbal Space Program? It looks really kiddy by itself, but with mods it's great. I'd say it's better than orbiter just for the greater scope in experimenting with altering craft designs.

I Americanized the Energia rocket. It wasn't as hard as it looked.
I replaced the RD170 with an F1-B and the RD120 with an RS25/SSME. (Modded, obviously, KSP has tons of real parts mods + one to replace the fake planets with earth.)

Also, i tried to launch a payload on the side and not on the top, and it works perfectly, despite its odd position. Its extremely stable and i actually got an almost perfect orbit with this rocket. Seems the Soviets were onto something before they gave up.

Don't respond.

>night of water
>water water water
>waterbeat
>swimming in the 90s

Does it work?

try autowelding satellites and sending them into far reaches of the universe
about 200 of them
also how does simspeed fare against simultaneous warhead against voxels on distant planets?

Its ok so far. Top speed is 30 and so smooth it feels like its on rails. Havent tried in a real storm yet. More speed is needed ofcourse.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2RM_B3MmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0jLLFLN1_tU
youtube.com/watch?v=xHax-y8D-7Q
it's not new
keen admitted that this guy's builds are often their benchmarks

sooo, how does that work?

you could do that from early 2016
first month or two there was a bug about it, they unkeened it and drill-through blaneds were available
it wasn't a wall, it was a despawn zone

>from all the tuggin
>girl avatar
we really are little girls here, aren't we?
>30
not sanic enough
probably the gyro's set so bote remains more-or-less horizontal for max propellor action

i play, it's fun

just a bunch of fins
It tries too hard to keep it straight above 30speed and starts sperging out. Could try to smooth it out but its a fucking boat, it doesnt have to go that fast...

>yaw(yellow)-steerin with a/d
>roll(green)-keeps it smoothie all the time, especially when steering
>pitch(red)-set at 0.2 to keep it a little tilted up, worst fucker of all.
Want to combine the pitch and roll "fins" into one but dont want to think.