Classic WoW General /cwg/

>Drums of War
>For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be able to face off against players from other realms in the Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds link Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch, and Arathi Basin so that players from several realms will be combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana, sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!

clips twitch tv SingleOddDiscBleedPurple

Is it the original code?
>We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup.

Why run it on a modern setup?
>Classic WoW has all kinds of bugs and problems, it has all kinds of exploits and hacks that everyone knows about. We think we have a way to have the old WoW version work on the modern infrastructure and feel really good. The infrastructure is how we spin up instances and continents, how the database works.

Is this being done by the retail WoW team?
>We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way.

When is the release date?
>We actually don't know when we're going to release it. I know that's a generic answer that we give for all of our Blizzard titles, but with this one, we don't actually know how long it will take. This is a massive effort.

>Vanilla Resources:
db.vanillagaming.org/
vanilla-wow.wikia.com/
realmplayers.com/
vanillaradar.com/

>Guides:
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Private Server if you can't wait (also see /lhg/):
lightshope.org/

>Addons:
github.com/ericraio/vanilla-wow-addons/

finale:195900805

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-N6sqdrJzVo
warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=26540
youtube.com/watch?v=orZVCa75RLE&t=65s
youtube.com/watch?v=tyarUUYeJ-E
youtube.com/watch?v=MEpv7YxnLCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8Qeqo0IMonY
youtube.com/watch?v=jvMK5KkLlZc
youtube.com/watch?v=x6SRwBTj1Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=T6V15a0dzbk
youtube.com/watch?v=FUsF8weJJWs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just some some guy with a chink name speedhacking through northshire valley

god i fucking hate chinks classic can't come soon enough and rid me of all these subhumans

2nd for I have an irrational hated for ret paladins

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 3 THREADS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHICH ONE DO I POST IN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

just saw this and almost died from nostalgia

youtube.com/watch?v=-N6sqdrJzVo

lol

Could some kind soul upload World of Roguecraft? youtube uploads got their audio nuked.

It's not irrational, someone spent all that time leveling a paladin to be a special olympics melee dps when they could be the literal best healer/support.

warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=26540

69th for thread deletion being disabled since 2012

youtube.com/watch?v=orZVCa75RLE&t=65s

just found the first pvp vid I ever saw

youtube.com/watch?v=tyarUUYeJ-E

It made me roll a priest in early 2006

Post your favorite Vanilla WoW video. Mine is the Serenity Now funeral raid.
youtube.com/watch?v=MEpv7YxnLCQ

Reminder,

Dead BEFORE arrival

>tranny communists
Mental gymnastics of the nth degree.

damn, I remember that. long shot but does anyone remember a female undead priest vid from early tbc that had a trance 'white rabbit' remix near the beginning? the intro had her doing the 'look around' animation femsakens do with modelviewer

why do you want bwl on launch

let me guess "6 MONTHS OF MC!"

I was going to say something nice but then I saw you're basically a BC baby and gen z posting frogs.

It's not about that. It's proof of the lengths the private server people go to in order to manipulate and take control of the classic servers. Imagine launching classic with the settings that this surveys results had, it wouldn't even be anything close to vanilla at all

putting "fuck" in your thread title is bad, they deserved it

How will I ever recover

I don't know but just maybe post quality will go up. If it doesn't it doesn't matter because it was shit and getting worse anyway.

be the change you want to see

I learned years ago that there's very little reason to treat others online with respect. Especially if they're talking in ebonics, gen z speak, or in favor of some left issue. The games have turned to shit. The communities are actively destroyed. The forums are terribly moderated. The lowest common denominator wins.

Was good till about 2007. You could actually make relationships with people. Then everything went to real shit on the PC. About the time gaming on a mac became a thing.

v_v

You will grow out of that in your mid 20s.

I'm much older than that. Been online pc gaming since it started. Believe me it was far better.

ight nigga chill

suck my dick kkk whore nigga bitch

Im so sorry to hear that.

durrr...vanilla is great...server with queues every day but only enough people to get Elite quests done in Stv...hurrr...

durrr...could go days without seeing anyone in stm, desolace or thousands needles...vanilla great

trannies need to be euthanized

Don't be. It was a wonderful time while it lasted. I have my group of friends that have been together for years. I ran into a an old guild leader from vanilla a few years back. Was playing dota and he recognized my voice after all those years. Took me a second and then I remembered him too. That doesn't happen anymore and I'm grateful I played at a time I could enjoy that. The voip clients were trash back then but good enough. That stuff doesn't happen anymore.

>implying new server stv turf wars isn't the freshest shit you've ever played in your life
>empty desolace & 1k needles
confirmed never played vanny when it was rele

are you that guy that was implying it took skill to do retail rotations

me wan 15k player cap
battlegroups (average 12K online) killed server community

vanny...

>me want pay to play 15 year old game with bug

There was a vanilla era guild promotion video with all kinds of ghetto machinima RP stuff and the song "Tourniquet" by Evanescence. It's quintessential 2005core and I can't fucking find it now
youtube.com/watch?v=8Qeqo0IMonY
Also this, it's total shit and in 144p quality but what can you do

eyy va fangul

Game theory is the study of decision making
Frostbolt isn't a choice it is mandatory

I welcome the return of ninja looting drama.
youtube.com/watch?v=jvMK5KkLlZc

>immediately starts on the emotional manipulation and fake crying
women should be outlawed

Imagine being such a brainlet you think a game with as much decision making as a job where you press 1 button every 2.5 seconds (none) is good game design.

this applies both to vanilla and current normal game though

First reply ending in 6 decides my alt

me wan 3 button rotation like ubermensch retail players

female dwarf priest named bologna

So 1 button is good game design, got it

shaman

youtube.com/watch?v=x6SRwBTj1Eo
I can't believe I found it, I remember it was pretty popular on Warcraftmovies

female gnome warrior with pink pigtails called bigguyforyou

All black tauren warrior called Retbull, tmogged to paladin gear

male night elf priest named poverty

imagine posting in the thread for a game that doesn't even come out until august next year

but it's been out for 13 years

imagine spending your friday night baiting in a dead thread for a dead game on a dead website

Why doesn't someone just make a different classic WoW Reddit. Not that I give a shit about Reddit, but it's obvious that blizzard will look to this place for community feedback and I don't want this tranny Astro-turfing the classic community.

youtube.com/watch?v=T6V15a0dzbk

Not every class is warlock

Sometimes i have to press revenge

Women were a mistake.

Reminder that we have a weekend Veeky Forums Warcraft lore thred

hnnngh thanks friend will check it out

>retail is good game design

>meanwhile, in retail...

based

let me list all the pieces of evidence you have used to defend vanilla wow game design:

>discussing vanilla wow with a cataclysmbabby friend
>he keeps obsessing over which classes level the fastest so he can raid asap
>he has raided maybe 5 times over the years he's played on retail
>he wants to play a dps warrior but he says he won't because the tier sets are for tank only

You guys like this picture, but what is it even from

retail's rotations are no better in terms of game design. I mean what do you think the alternative to a pve rotation is? go ahead let's hear it

Meanwhile, in vanilla?

It's from a quest in MoP, you're running around as some NPC during his flashbacks and those are the attacks he has

Any class that's not a mage or warlock has at least tolerable rotations

Those, those are good

mop quest in the jade forest

literally the same

youtube.com/watch?v=FUsF8weJJWs

>tfw the teldracaust is ruining retail for me
Is classic going to be good for people who never played vanilla and like the QoL changes?

is anyone claiming that rotations are engaging in vanilla?

it's the retailer myopic view that the entire game is raid rotations because there's nothing else left. add synching healer cooldowns with extra damage phases, both of which didn't exist then

Dont play with him.

Why is Sulfuras bad for pvp?

C'mon baby I got blessing of protection!

at least on retail you have to make decisions and adapt.... it's way more complex so....

I don't care about raiding whatsoever. What do I roll, Druid or Paladin. If Paladin then Dwarf or Human? Male or waifu?
I don't really care about which is better. Just which is more fun and cooler.

because it's the same dps as OEB, and the mats are like 6 pieces of good gear

female dwarf ret paladin

I knew this would happen but I did nothing to prevent it.

>because it's the same dps as OEB
What?

>WoW CM plays FF14

people who think wow is about raiding are to blame for the shit dump it has become

fuck off back to retail if you think raiding is important

0 - Gnome Rogue
1-3 Gnome Mage
3-6 Dwarf Priest
7-9 Human Warlock
Tell me how fucked I am.

>Gnome Mage
Roll female.

Questie is vanilla, since it's capable of working with it

QUESTIE BAD
>Thottbot was permantley open

0 Gnome Warrior
1 - 3 Troll Mage
4 - 6 Troll Hunter
7 - 9 Troll Shaman

How hard is it to get into a raid as a shadowpriest? (doesn't have to be a top guild, just one that's good enough to progress)

there shouldn't be a hybrid tax

One per raid to buff warlock DPS

First for 1.1 patch bros, pure vanilla.