/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

J Man Edition

Previous thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on wifi.

Other urls found in this thread:

keeponrock.in/#/?p1chars=baiken&p2chars=slayer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just wanted let my fellow players that aren't quite there yet and are struggling to win to know that if getting up after a fall and trying again was really all it took to win, then we'd all be winners, wouldn't we?

Step upon the corpses of the fallen to boost yourself higher. Never look down, never look back.

Yes, that's all it takes. That's why I believe in time, you all will be winners. がんばれ

>this autistic low quality OP picture

Meh, I'l be off page 10 bump duty during the duration of this then. You girls keep an eye out.

Gitting gud at anything is a matter of time diligently spent improving yourself. It's not fighting game related but the guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen played guitar every day for about 8-10 hours from the ages of 12-18. People go on about needing "talent" and other bullshit and fail to realize it takes a fucking gorillion hours to get good at anything. So many people complain about not being able to improve, but they choose to bitch that they aren't talented or they look for some sort of secret method to improve instead of actually practicing and seeking out advice.

Hard work can only take you so far. You could become the best player in these threads with lots of hard work, maybe even win some locals. But you're never going to take evo without a high amount of natural talent. Obviously talented people have to work hard too, but the mentality of "anyone can do anything if they just try hard enough" is obvious bullshit. Everyone has limits coded into their very DNA and physiology, and only people who are born with high limits can ever reach the highest levels of whatever they're doing.

>Hard work can only take you so far. You could become the best player in these threads with lots of hard work, maybe even win some locals. But you're never going to take evo without a high amount of natural talent. Obviously talented people have to work hard too, but the mentality of "anyone can do anything if they just try hard enough" is obvious bullshit. Everyone has limits coded into their very DNA and physiology, and only people who are born with high limits can ever reach the highest levels of whatever they're doing.
Define talent.

@195985019
shut up. you're dumb and wrong and no one else should reply

You are imagining some magical end game where everyone is the best they ever are, thus slight defects in peoples ability such as reaction time is what ultimately prevents them from winning.
You are retarded.

If you have a dream to be the fastest runner alive, and you are born without legs, then yes. Working hard probably won't help you. But except when observing "extreme scenarios", "natural talent" isn't real.

everyone has their "limits" but saying that everyone is on a scale of talent and depending if you aren't at the upper echelon of talent then you cannot compete is wrong, sure it may be semi in someone else favor but they have the ability to win through hard work

A brain and body with naturally fast reaction time and dexterity with which to physically play the game, and a natural understanding and aptitude for the games mechanics and the most effective strategies behind winning.

Sorry losers but Bedman is right and your overly protective parents are wrong. We can't all be winners at everything we want just because we try. Most people can be "decent" at most things if they work really hard sure, but becoming the best also requires a streak of luck with your birth. A favorable stat distribution in your character creation, if you would. For every Yngwie Malmsteen who played 8-10 hours a day for 6 years and became a famous musician, there are hundreds of other people who practiced just as much and got nowhere.

>Define talent.
That thing we're all missing, that's why we're here.

>A brain and body with naturally fast reaction time and dexterity
we got a literal hitler
fat is genetic, not "dexterity"

Is this a joke?

Pretty much everything is genetic.

The dumb thing about his argument is more that there is a skill ceiling so high and everyone with "talent" has already reached it thus it is impossible for anything with any faults to catch up.

>fat is genetic
Fat can be easily removed by consuming less energy than your body expends instead of spending all day inhaling doritos and crying about being fat.

Shut up stop fat shaming me. I swear I diet and exercise just as much as tons of people my body defies the laws of physics and somehow creates matter and energy out of nothing. It just creates calories out of nothing and that's why I can't lose weight.

did another /v/ thread ever get made?

remove slayer

That was tricksy

The fuck was he even supposed to do about that?

hype for the ogawa machabo bout

As someone who's been on the receiving end of similar Slayer shenanigans too many times I can tell you I would have panic blitzed/bursted and still got baited and died

When's that?

I think he failed a grab. He should have tried an OS grab with S, but can't really fault the guy, that was impossible to keep up with.

this seems less than optimal

How could it be more optimal than "killing the guy"?

"killing the guy quicker"

FD
2D

Actually seems pretty optimal.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDS
FLYYYYYYYYYYY

he tried to throw, which is generally want to you want to do to cross up double dash shenanigans. He just jumped the gun.

>10

DONT DIE STUPID GGG

Where can I find a link with the download of all the OSTs

there is a FLAC dump on some rom website

Luckily I don't expect to be a winner.

boobeh

when is kemonomichi machabo vs ogawa?

Early morning GG anyone?
US southwest, PC

I'd play but I'm east coast and trying to learn a new character right now, so I'd probably be awful.

Okay, lobby is dhu3

omw

Says I can't join because I don't meet your connection standard. Got a 2 bar with you.

are there any videos of machaboo playing woshige?

Try again, lobby is kyi1

This is why I love Slayer

Marmalade

I don't understand unga Kys. If you want to play unga, why play the fundies character? These people keep playing and never get any better, I always win my mirrors sets vs them but holy shit is it annoying.

>fundies
So this is a thing now

>whip out pocket Ky for FUNdies
>people are surprised when I barely use Greed Sever
What have these fools been up to?

Gonna host an ECPC room closer to 3PM if anyone's on at that time. I gotta practice to redeem myself after last night. Or at the very least stop using VV as a combo ender.

GGs US Axl and Potemkin dudes. Enjoyed those matches.

I hope Rev3 doesn't remove Elphelt's SIGN costume

I Hope Rev3 adds a naked Elphelt costume

It's been a thing since SF2

What's wrong with VV as a combo ender

Pot v Pot mirror matches are the worst

Anyone ever had a character main crisis? I've been maining Jacko for awhile now and after understanding the game a bit more she's not exactly the kind of character I want. I'd like stronger oki pressure, but any character I've been trying to learn just doesn't feel right in comparison. I've spent like 50 hours labbing other characters and my brain is all over the place. Should I keep searching until one clicks or just suck it up and pick one?

Have you tried Sol

Yeah I hated them too.

Hey that guy from AC/DC died

That's not a new or a "smash" word. It's been around for decades to refer to fundamentalist christians and also as a shortened form of fundamentals.

Using it to end every combo. Even combos that could continue had I not VV'd in the middle of them.

The Mid Saturday Afternoon ECPC room is now open. I'll keep it open for a bit and see who shows up.
Room ID: nvey

But if you RC the VV you can continue the combo sometimes

>kinda want to hop on and play, but have shit to do

Grind those git guds for me so I have more to learn from, my man

Jam

I love Jam!

Bullshit

I hope rev 3 adds Ram's stocking costume.

>unused
But that purple and white axl color is used

They were unused in Sign, and most of them are still missing. There was also one of elphelt's true black and white form from the end of Sign's story mode.

afternoon room 2 62j3 lets keep it rockin

jesus where are all the rooms? the only thing i saw when ec1 closed was a 1 bar beginner eu lobby

>ino pot suppose to be free to ino
>cant into that match up and one mistake is half my lifebar

why can't vcl yrc have 22 active frames pls buff daisuke

just dont get tick bustered or stunned lmao

ACCEPT THE BUSTING

Room's closed for now. Thanks for stopping by everyone.
GGs Alien, GodKing, and Nichijoe. Still got a lot of work to do as Sol, and honestly I don't think I did well just now. Maybe I'm just burnt out a bit.

I'll make another room later tonight.

We all have those days. Just remember everyone here has been playing each other for a while so we recognize habits/patterns more easily.

If you let Pot get flicks and shut down your notes, pot will fuck you up

yeah i ain't salty cuz i lost i was being outplayed by frank. i don't really play pots of that kinda level so its easy to bully my ino with it.

>i was being outplayed by frank
that's me, hi

I figured. Pretty solid pot play. you should probably blitz less against ino on okizeme though as blitz is pretty bad against her.

grats on the win bane, knew you had it in you eventually

>blurring out names
Oh come on we're all friends here

>tfw no potyo

yellow ino here; ggs all i bullied and got bullied by in second room

dildo, ton of new baiken shit. on slayer, yasha and tats
keeponrock.in/#/?p1chars=baiken&p2chars=slayer

Oh shit, you somehow forgot to charge for that one move you wanted to do and now it's too late!
What do you do?

lose

auto-pilot 2d->double head morbid

volcanic viper

I'm not retarded so I don't play charge characters

can someone post the shitty johnny drawing of him doing zweihander?