/owg/ - Overwatch General

>The Moira patch is live
>Ana's rifle now does 70 damage (was 60), Mercy's rez has a 1.75s cast time (except during her ult), Winston's bubble now has a health bar (like Rein and Orisa's barriers)
>also, GM players must be within 250 SR of one another (used to be within 500 SR) but let's be honest, that affects maybe five of us here
>A new map and a new hero were announced at Blizzcon; the healer is live and the map is coming soon
>A bunch of Blizzard-themed skins are getting added into the base game and normal lootboxes (Nova Widowmaker, Protoss Orisa, stuff like that) sometime in 2018

>New hybrid map, "Blizzard World," coming soon
youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3Hce3_fOw

>New offensive healer, "Moira," is now live (but not in competitive yet)
youtube.com/watch?v=8tLopqeL9s8
youtube.com/watch?v=6ETybQd4uRE (origin story)

>Latest animated short, “Honor and Glory”
youtube.com/watch?v=sQfk5HykiEk
youtube.com/watch?v=OOhvSKCfCTQ (behind the scenes)

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/junkrat-the-return-of-junkenstein

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21179257
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.co

>Previous thread:
Stop fucking with the links.

Here comes T.Racer and D.VA!

here comes etc. etc.

I LOVE Moira!

Is she actually going to be good?

how do i climb as a hanzo main?

Hana Song

is a whore

>playing games

You take that back! >:(

>breathing air

She's really fun to play. Very active.

Her voice lines also make me diamonds so bonus points there

Take my dick, chink whore

For some reason D.va triggers me like no other hero. I want to fuck her eye socket until she's a lobotomized husk, just to shut her up.

yes.

HANA SONG PLEASES OLD MEN FOR FREE

Am I the only one who thinks Moira is weak af?

If you're stuck in Gold or Plat or whatever just learn to play a halfway decent tank and your SR will skyrocket

>3.7k Winston/Rein/D.Va main
>make DPS only smurf because why not
>place 2.4k (lol)
>tank players are by far the biggest reasons teams lose at this elo
>literally feeding the entire game
>doing nothing of merit, trying to be a fat dps
>no concept of peeling or making space
>just jumping in and dying

seriously, if you can play tank like not a total retard and get triple DPS you'll win 9/10 games in gold/plat

AAAAAHHH!!!
Why does EVERYONE just refuse to group up? Do they honestly think they'll win a 1v6 in this game?

>He can't win a 1v6 in overwatch
Stay in woodtier

Her orb has a huge radius and on top of that it bounces all around the place. Now, her damage is fine BUT you have to consider that her orb is too brain dead to use. She can just spam it around where the enemy is and get like 15% ult charge. Imagine if Reinhardt's fire strike had a 5m radius like Moira's Orb. You'd see it Blizz forums get spammed all day for a fucking nerf to the ground. TL;DR she charges ult way too fast and her orb radius is broken

>existing

I can confirm that Moira is pretty fucking underwhelming in scrims. Mercy's still top tier and Ana is usable once again but nowhere near as usable as when she was OP af.

Lucio and Zen are really great too.

Ana is perfect now and Moira is fun to play and I think fine overall. It's just that Mercy is too stupidly good at healing. She really should not be, the game should not have such powerful, free, easy healing. Once again the problem is Mercy.

Oh my god, fuck off.
>Why does this healer have to be good at healing? That shouldn't happen!

I get that resurrection is absurd, but your literally complaining that a healer can heal people.

The problem I have with her isn't her design, but her healing potential. It just feels really weak compared to other potent heals like Ana's nade, Lucio's amp, or just Mercy in general. And it doesn't help with the fact that she has to choose between damage or heal on her orb ability.

Yes, because healing shouldn't be so strong in an FPS, and especially one with ultimates.

REMINDER DOOMFIST IS CANONICALLY HOMOSEXUAL!

>Why would a healer be good at healing in a video game? I mean, I arbitrarily decided that FPS games shouldn't have healing. Why, you ask?...I dunno.

>Moira hardcounters Genji
All these fleeing ninjas getting mowed down by the pisswizard.

Servers down?

>ana has to manage clip
>wasting shots punished by teammates dying when reloading
>has to actually aim

>moira has to manage a finite resource

>mercy literally just autopilots around, no cooldowns to manage, no resources to manage, no thought involved
>still heals comparable amount

in an ideal world, mercy would be highly played in low ranks and played much less than ana and moira in high ranks

Orisa is a slut! SLUT!

Lucio x Doomfist is the purest ship. Racist homophobes can't stop true love.

I tried paladins. It's kinda fun but annoys me. I don't like the moba-like card and item shit.

Also, you get this feeling you're playing a chink knock-off, has that kind of feel to it even if that's not the case. Lots of characters feel shit, a lot of the models look like shit.

And yet it's still better than Overwatch in almost every way.

...why are we still playing this?

Hana Song

the irony is paladins is western and overwatch is the chink knock off.

>I don't like the moba-like card and item shit

That's essentially the biggest thing that keeps me away, anything with shit like that is an automatic no for me. Like Battlefront 2.

We're talking about her healing output, not her mobility

If her teammates don't need the healing boost, toss the damage orb to confound the enemy. Otherwise toss the healing orb. And if your team is grouped up like they should be her healing is second to none.

you can look up a build and never think about it again. Shits really easy to figure out unless you are a brainlet anyway.

Pretty much this. It's so fucking triggering when you see m1 holders Mercy mains in GM that were silver in previous seasons.

OK Mercy main I'll explain it so your pea brain can understand. When you have a game with extremely powerful healing and ultimates and barriers, if you cannot immediately burst people down, they will be fully healed in 1 second without having to seek out a health pack and pull themselves away from the team/use up a resource. So basically someone can be out of position, overextend, whatever, and if they are not killed instantly, they suffer no consequence and in fact benefit their team because you just fed their healer's ult, and healer ults in this game are all insanely powerful.

This means that in Overwatch, any character that does sustain-type damage over burst damage is inherently going to be less useful and high burst damage is favored overall. Either that, or team comps focused on diving, because you need fast, overwhelming kills to prevent building enemy healer ults. The existence of powerful healing forces specific types of playstyles.

A character like Mercy who is always going to be the least engaged in her team, while simultaneously having incredibly powerful healing which charges an incredibly powerful, fast-building ult, is extremely unhealthy for the game and doesn't even fucking fit because every other healer is either a primary healer requiring lots of engagement(Ana, Moira) or an off-healer(Lucio, Zen) and they have other utility besides healing.

Healing should not be strong in an FPS at all because it unbalances damage typings and lessens the strategy of playing around healthpacks. Add in shields and ultimates, and it's just retarded.

tl;dr you're fucking bad at spotting basic interactions in game mechanics and design.

When are we going to get the japanese school outfit skins already?

Blah blah blah "Healers shouldn't exist because I say so" blah blah blah, don't really care.

Oh suck a dick.

You people always have this weird rotation of what's "killing" the game. Before it was tanks, then it was damage dealers, now it's healers. I thought it was a joke, but everyone literally just wants this game to only have Soldier 76.

>Sym, Moira, Orisa, Torb, Bastion, Junk
This will be the new defense meta

>throw every game with a d*omfist main
feels good man.

This isn't some kind of flavor of the month complaint, moron. It's a problem in the game's design itself and if you notice the only real problem is Mercy. Why don't you fuck off since you're incapable of forming any kind of intelligent argument?

Might as well just take Lucio at that point, no?

I see it failing pretty hard, actually.

As soon as this game is dieing and they need to whore out their characters with lewd fanservice skins to keep making money. So probably in 7-8 years

>if you cannot immediately burst people down, they will be fully healed in 1 second without having to seek out a health pack
That's why you kill the healer's first. This is basic video game logic. You're fucking braindead.

Mercy is far more useful in that comp than Moira since you can rez easily behind Orisa shields and damage boost Bastion all game long.

the games already dead. They have a 50% off sale atm.

>That's why you kill the healer's first. This is basic video game logic. You're fucking braindead.

Kill the healers who are behind the enemy team's tanks and shields. So to kill them you have to have huge mobility and burst power. What's that sound like? Dive? Which I mentioned in that post as emerging as the dominant strategy forced by having strong healing?
Who knows, maybe you're the retard here.

>Can't punish overextenders
>Can't focus supports
How's silver?

Moira does 80hps with M1 + 75hps with Orb. Lucio does what, 30hps? She can also attack more effectively than he can and her ultimate excels at helping her team crush chokes and take points.

You can burst through and disrupt the healing from anyone in the game but Mercy. The retard leash heals too much and her 700 mph dash means it's hard to punish her for being shit.

>Genji overextends
>You don't burst him down
>He pops Deflect and is quickly behind a barrier being healed
>Only way to beat this is to either dive them first or burst Genji down

How's being illiterate?

That's exactly what all FPS games should be. No stupid healers, no stupid tanks, only people shooting each other to death.

Then burst him down, faggot
If his healer is stupid enough to follow him, ignore him and kill the healer
Stop crying about video games because you don't understand how to be good at them

Then why the fuck are you here, retard? Go play something else then.

Her retard leash heals less than one shot of Ana. If anything, you can burst a Mercy healed person more than the Ana one just because Ana has more burst healing.

>the anti-mercy guy has been spamming his shit for over a year
>Blizzard actually listened to his autist sockpuppet shill campaign
>he got his way twice now he's demanding she flat out be removed
>this is as concerning as when they added a hero because r/cuckold demanded it in a sockpuppet shill campaign.
why is this company so stupid?

Ana can't fly. Ana can't overextend freely due to infinite mobility. Ana can't be wherever she needs be all the time due to mobility. Ana can't ignore barriers.

Mercy is alive more to heal than Ana will ever be.

apagando las luces

Believe it or not, its actually really tough to break. Enemy team cant focus fire on Orisa with Sym and Moira shooting balls that pass through shields and junk/bastion causing mayhem. Torb for armor and cover fire. Sym's teleporter a pseudo rez

>People who dislike mercy is one silly person who is a big dumby doo doo head who goes to reddit. He is very silly.

So can we talk about how fucking bad Doomfist is? It actually makes me really angry. I was so excited for this guy to come out and he's literally unplayable. I didn't get a chance to try him out on PTR but he looked so much fun.

The fact that you can Rocket punch someone and the person you punched literally BOUNCES off of the wall with no damage shows that Doomfist needs to be fixed.

Holy shit are you fucking retarded? I said that you are forced to burst him down and pick burst-type damage dealers primarily because if you lack the power to burst someone down they're going to get healed.

Seriously, you are a joke. Your responses are just the same old tired "git gud" bullshit like this game always plays out like it does in your imagination. Even pro players experience having Genji pop Deflect, dash away, be behind a Winston shield and they're being healed up by Mercy or Zen while they're being pummeled by Tracer or Winston. This shit happens all the time, in pro Overwatch and pub Overwatch and only mongoloids like you think "hurrrr just shoot x" actually works as an argument.
I wish I had one of those expanding brain memes or the thinking emoji pics because maybe pictograms are all you idiots can understand. Overwatch is an FPS which has not only unlimited ammo but also healers who can heal everybody up to full within seconds, so this already takes away a huge strategic aspect of managing and controlling resources. It then has supers which are available as soon as the match starts and charge by doing/healing damage, so you can never not feed except by bursting. It then has mobility or damage mitigation/negation skills for almost every character, and barriers that can be generated nigh everywhere.

And then on top of all this, there is a healer who is literally the easiest character to play, with the most powerful and fastest ult, who has the best movement skill... and you retards think that this is OK because "healers should be able to heal?" You think that's what people complain about? That healers exist?

Fuck off.

And they'll have plenty more sales in the future. It's likely to become free at some point too.
Most of their money comes from loot boxes, not game sales.

>She can also attack more effectively than he can
Not when she has a limited range sym beam

I face a couple set ups like that. A Sombra/D.va/Genji trio fucked them up every time.

>limited range

20m

Sorry you're so bad at the game user

That's easier to land than his projectiles, and she also has her Decay Orb.

>I don't like this game! Change it! Change it now! I'll cry!

kek was xqc actually banned for showing that monkey spot that everyone new for ages?

I know that you have no argument so you're just thinking, "shit, better just post some kind of 'clever' reply lol that'll show him"
You're not clever. You're not funny. You're not trolling or whatever you think is happening. You're just a retard. I feel bad for you.

Pretty much everyone who has played an FPS before OW can see how all the mechanics and design choices in this game have led to these constant strings of shitty metas.

Blizzard are just pretending he never happened. The game took a huge dive in interest when he was released. He basically killed the game.

What do you suppose Gerard was like?

There should be harsher punishments for people who quit just seconds before the match actually ends

I want to grab Tracer by the cock and balls and slap his tight ass

It's okay to be bad at video games user, there's lots of people in bronze

>Just as many people who saw the Doomfist animated short also watched the Reinhardt animated short

But go ahead and keep spouting dead game. I'm sure that helps you sleep at night.

A baguette. And a fool.

Doomfist and Lucio can have a baby thanks to science! Moira will help Doomfist fertilize Lucio's eggs and the fetus will grow in Doomfist's artificial womb.

Are you going to give him an actual counterpoint, or simply parrot yourself over and over again, Mr. Mercy Main?

No faggot he was banned for abusing reports

>Blizzard are just pretending he never happened. The game took a huge dive in interest when he was released. He basically killed the game.

Because instead of the fifth healer that people had been asking for for months they shat out some Reddit meme hero who was ridiculously unbalanced, having a hitbox the size of five Doomfists, then nerfed everything about him to the point where he is literally the lowest pickrate hero in the game. They were then unable to even get him in the game on time and let him rot on the PTR for a straight month before anybody could use him in comp. Not only that, but Doomfist also delayed the custom crosshairs update.
Their handling of Doomfist was so extremely bad that even normies woke up to how inept the OW devs are.

>Have this character Genji in the game
>He is the most mobile class in the game
>He is the most versatile and powerful offensive threat who can 1v1 the majority of heros in the game
>He has no true counters, can't be punished for being shit, and can escape most engagements even if the wielder is very, very bad
>His ult is the best offensive ult in the game which is the damage dealing version of valkery; simply hold left click and mash your mobility option

How the fuck could doomfist possibly compete? He's just worst Genji.

he was the lowest pick before the nerf. The nerf just made it even lower.

Pharmercy fodder

>can't be punished for being shit
>he actually believes this

Are you retarded? People were asking for Doomfist for a long time. You don't actually think 4chans edgy contrarian opinions represents the majority, do you?

>reddit was asking
ftfy

>*deflects all ur damage*
>*dahses away*

heh, nothen personal ganjin.