/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Historically Accurate Edition

/aog/ is a place to primarily discuss Attorney Online but also Ace Attorney in general.
Whether you want to talk about your favorite cases or characters it's all welcome here.

>What is Attorney Online?

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>Archive Initiative (for case recordings)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
This weeks serverpolls are done, here's the results:
Add Barrows 16 Yes 17 No (48%) Status: Failed
Add Yu Narukami 30 Yes 9 No (77%) Status: Passed

Previous thread:

>Yu Narukami accepted

b-but at least it's not a dangan!

Jews are always right.

Trucy pleases old men for her own pleasure.

So does Athena.

Courtesy bump.

That is not canon Athena though.

Yeah THIS is cannon Athena

She's no Mia but she'll do.

((case)) in Area 2, come check it out

Also building in Area 3.

Bring back Logic Battles.

Not until DeBeste actually gits gud.

EAT YOUR HAMBURGERS

Or Civil Cases.

Why do people defend this retard again

>Brainlets still don't understand Godot's character.

You're right, I can't begin to understand the depths of autism that define his plan

DGS 2 Gina when?

Posting this here as well:

It has come to the attention of the moderation team that there is a need to modify a particular standard that has existed dealing with the addition of characters and themes. In the past, official theme music for non AA characters has automatically been approved for addition to the server, however this creates several issues that we feel need to be addressed.

First of all is the desire for some of these themes. While some players may enjoy the characters themselves, they might not appreciate or feel the necessity for their themes to be added to the server.

Secondly, by automatically adding official character themes we are completely sidestepping the rightful and democratic process we have as a society have put in place to moderate the addition of acceptable material into the server.

Third, by clearing non AA character themes for server addition along with the character, we add to the already bloated download file size and massive music, needlessly exacerbating an already prevalent issue with content that may not be necessary or wanted.

For these stated reasons, effective immediately we will no longer be continuing the practice of accepting non-AA canon character themes upon success of their character addition poll. For a non-AA canon character theme to be accepted, it will be required that they pass their own unique poll.

Thank you for your understanding and if there are any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me or any other member of the moderation team in the appropriate

When Kekechi stops ripping pointless characters no one wants.

>no more no-AA characters
Is this heaven?

Character themes man, learn to read.

Yeah, 7 gigs is too much, this is a good change.
Maybe there should be a smaller version of AOV with less songs? I dunno, something could be done about it.

>7gig is too big
>in the era of multi terrabyte HDD

ok

>Secondly, by automatically adding official character themes we are completely sidestepping the rightful and democratic process we have as a society have put in place to moderate the addition of acceptable material into the server.
lol, so it's okay for the moderation to sidestep it when they like the results, but when they don't it's not.

>we
You hardly play, and you hardly played when 99% of it got in.

>bloated download file size
Maybe if people weren't mouthbreathing retards uploading bloated files this wouldn't be a problem. Maybe if you enforced the rules on content this wouldn't be a problem. You dumb broad, this rulechange doesn't the address the issue in the first place.

No wonder noone likes you. You're so dense holy shit

I'm all up for 2s quicker downloads, but we still have poorfags and BRs on the server taking days to download, remember.

But holy shit, this rule is so pointless. Dumb niggers keep putting uploading raw shit to suggestions, and you dumb niggers keep accepting it. Minus 6mb from every update with a new dangit or other autism shit character, compared to gigabytes that could have been saved if people weren't so incompetent when making shit, gifs, music and sound.

I can't wait for the next poll for something to be vetoed so we can copy and paste her bullshit about democracy in a game she doesn't play.

I dont know much about the compresion level of what were using but 7 gig seems a lot when its just a bunch of gif and some mp3s.

Just kill most of no-AA related songs and there you already cut the file needed.

The install's bloated by anongrill's bullshit.

They accept everything because they don't want to hurt feefees and they don't bother to tell people to fuck off and fix their shit.

Theyre good songs Brett

in any case, I dont mind the bloated file at all. I have a 2tb HDD. The original download was kinda long but in the grand scheme of things 7gb isnt bad for a game I spend a lot of time playing.

Well thats a whole other problem then. They should be implementing file requirements instead of arbitrary blocking content by its lore. If an admin team cant put its big boy pants and tell people the file sucks and shouldnt be used they have no business being mods.

Ah not complaining about 7gb when the standard HDD is like 1tb or more. But for example you can't argue on the fact that a lot of songs can be easily removed. (Looking especially to the non-AA related ones.)

>Well thats a whole other problem then.
That's my problem with this change. This rulechange is overdue, but it's the fact it doesn't solve what they claim it'll solve and what problem they claim it'll solve is caused by them not enforcing their own rules on content in the first place. This whole post is hot air posturing.

Just remove all of the suggestions, not just personas dangits and all the other cancer, then you won't have to audit shit, anongrill. If you're so determined to do nothing, then don't hide behind content rules you don't enforce and new ones you won't enforce, just come clean.

Only one mod gives a shit about filesize while bro memes 24/7 about MUH BLOAT in the circlejerkcord. Anyone who gives a shit is better off starting their own server at this point.

You have reading problems. Read..."Democratic process...the addition of ACCEPTABLE mateiral"

Obviously, we veto items that do not meet the server standard that has been set. So when we veto again down the line and you attempt to make your pointless little gotcha point, just remember, you're retarded.

You can call it hot air all you want, but those items that have been accepted in by the current moderation group fit into the standards that have been set for the server.

You not liking the current standard is not us not enforcing the current standard.

But how you became admin anyway?

I personally have looked into ways to reduce the unnecessary bloat, particularly on the music side. I've also looked into the removal of certain low use characters or disliked characters. That said, in large part the content currently in is wanted content.

If we are going to have a large size for a server, I want to make sure the content going into the server is actually wanted in, and am going to look into content people want removed.

Further, I've been trying to look into other file types that can work with the server that compress better and still provide the same quality,such as mp3's to ogg's and gifs to apng's.

Long time moderator, and had always been active on the administrative side of the server. Before Lewdton went down, he had been showing me how to run his dedicated server and manage the updates. When he went down, I stepped in and kept the server running while we waited for him to return. When he didn't, I took over running and managing the server and handling administrative duties.

Is the server still in France?

>You not liking the current standard is not us not enforcing the current standard.
You're not enforcing anything, you're just accepting everything that's polled it without a care for whether it follows the content rules or not.

but what has this got to do with what I wrote about you ignoring our current rules about content needing to be properly compressed, you silly hoe?

Bloat's a non issue. The issue's you only following the rules when you care.

>Long time moderator, and had always been active on the administrative side of the server.
Nobody cared you existed, you've never really cased, you are newfag incarnate. VVing chatted to Lewdton and Lupa, too, but he didn't scoop up the server. Mod wise, most will agree you came the fuck out of nowhere.

>Before Lewdton went down, he had been showing me how to run his dedicated server
wow grandma knows how to use a computer. I bet he did have to show you which py to load the server, you're that stupid.

No, the current server sits in New York.

>Ad hominem
>Y-Y-Y-YOU'RE NOT AN OLDFAG

And people say /aog/ isn't a circlejerk.

Then we should poll the USA anthem for lag remover.

>He doesn't know.

When discord went down and the discord peepos went to the lounge, the five people that sit there all day got mega-butthurt and shitposted/muted them. AOV's been a circlejerk for months senpai.

Bloatfags need to die or get better internet in the modern age.

>You're not enforcing anything, you're just accepting everything that's polled it without a care for whether it follows the content rules or not.

Except I have enforced standards. Lewdton, Quality Quill, Nuklear Apollo, certain low quality songs which like the spiderman pizza song, despite their popularity.

?but what has this got to do with what I wrote about you ignoring our current rules about content needing to be properly compressed, you silly hoe?

The rule:
>Any content submitted must be reasonably optimized, massive .gifs and bloated .mp3s will be rejected.

None of these regulations are being ignored. Massive gifs, nor massive mp3 file sizes are being accepted. If you have issue with something not conforming to these rules, bring up specifics and I can look into them, as I have heard nobody actually complain about a violation of these rules to me or any of my mods.
>Bloat's a non issue. The issue's you only following the rules when you care.

And yet it IS something that's brought up to me on multiple occasions, unlike your previous unsubstantiated complaint.

>Nobody cared you existed, you've never really cased, you are newfag incarnate. VVing chatted to Lewdton and Lupa, too, but he didn't scoop up the server. Mod wise, most will agree you came the fuck out of nowhere.

I'm not worried about whether people care if I exist or not. What I'm worried about is that the server is functional, people are enjoying the server content, and we continue to provide enjoyable content and improving the server where necessary and where appropriate.

>Before Lewdton went down, he had been showing me how to run his dedicated server

>wow grandma knows how to use a computer. I bet he did have to show you which py to load the server, you're that stupid.

Yeah, it was really helpful to learn how to use a computer from Lewdton. Before him I didn't even know what the start button did, now I have a career path in systems administration.

It's already there senpai

What do you plan on doing for getting newfags/oldfags? Veeky Forums general seems to have been good so far but we need /v/ threads clearly.

there are a few ideas being floated about to increase activity. Of course I've always been supported of /v/eekends or the like though those get constantly shit upon by people that in general seem to only exist to be contrary.

I've been open to other ideas (twitch streams, youtube video's, etc), though I don't want what happened with that other youtube video to occur again, so it's a bit of a matter of weighing the pro's and con's of any such advertising methods.

Thanks to general me and seems that other bunch of oldfags returned to the server.

And no. QualityQuill, Lewdton and Nuclear Apollo are AOV core.

Also we had polled a QualityQuill song that needed to be in the server.

And don't forget Paper Barok. We need those for FUN.

Lewdton isn't even close to AOV core when he abandoned the server.

The problem is all the oldfags are in CC so regular cases are infested with Verin and his circlejerk that spew nothing but shit. Lewdton/QQ/Nukepollo would just be bastardized in their hands.

Are the new players really that bad? How can they not learn on their own, it's not that difficult.

Verin is a CC regular too, user.
No matter where you go, you can't escape from him.

I never said new players. Oldfags are the fucking problem. ILA the multiclienter, Verin the drama queen, Alan the Chronofag, all of them are fucking terrible and case regularly.

We're so far gone that Verin's W/L record bragging is encouraged.

I'm a personal fan of QQ, however I have to draw a line and sadly it was on the wrong side of that line.

Wait, so is your problem the decent oldfags are bored and the ones that stuck are garbage? Passing on their garbage to others?

Fuck off, Noise.
You just hate fun.

>oldfags
They're just players that stuck around, there's lots of oldfags returning from the heyday that should be encouraged.
Winter break would be the best time to get them back, two year anniversary after all.

uh, they're not oldfags. What world do you live in that people as new as Verin and that chink fuck japman are oldfags? lmao

>Passing on their garbage to others?
If that's his point, then I agree. The number of old players who never got better and are just awful to talk with is higher than the number of decent old players who were fun to case with, and the former is definitely lingering and through their presence, encouraging similarly shitty people to stick around. That's why we have Verin. He feels right at home among the other fucks. Do you think well meaning people will stick around and listen to people spouting
>girthy hahaha
>btw guys, my penis is in a pickle jar haha
>I hope this trial doesn't crash because of my idiotic chink gimmick that is purely for my own amusement and noone elses but isn't modcallable until it's too late to stop it haha
like clientele attracts like clientele. It's so hard to avoid these people that sometimes you've no choice but to close the client and do something else. Some people got to the point where they couldn't be bothered opening the client anymore.

There are others that still cases and are good.

Fucking this holy shit

ILA is like a worse Trick, Verin STILL manages to bait you idiots into giving him attention so much that he has an unironic defense force now, and Alan's normie cases have ruined chronos for everyone.

And if you try to tell them how to improve they immediately retreat into their hugbox and say you're shitposting/from the lounge/from the CC/buzzwords.

>the Chronofag
He doesn't take criticism well at all, but he does want people to have fun, the guy thrives on that and being pat on the back afterwards, so I don't think it's fair to lump him in with Verin, but he does need to learn to take criticism if he wants his things to stop crashing.

>I hope this trial doesn't crash because of my idiotic chink gimmick that is purely for my own amusement and noone elses but isn't modcallable until it's too late to stop it haha
There's a few people who do this, not just japman. Sometimes when they think the case will crash anyway, but sometimes out of the blue. In either case, it's not okay to hasten a crash or cause one whatever the circumstances, because nobody would build if they wanted a crash.

Gonna have to agree. Precase shitposting earlier today turned into namefag shitposting on almost all accounts when previously this was discouraged, it was pretty bad.

Namefag shitposting is still discouraged.

Given we have anti witch-hunting rules in place, namefagging yourself just opens you up to getting shitposted, and if someone is calling someone else out, just stop. It honestly helps nobody. Namefag in the lounge or the basement if you really want to, but keep it out of the courtrooms.

That's all well and good but none of your shitty mods enforces this rule. Tell them to ban anyone who brings up namefags for no reason or starts namefag drama so shitposting magnets like Verin and ILA leave.

That's good, didn't know. Will do next time. It really takes me out of it when that happens.

That would just make them stay because they can actually case feeling safe while knowing the drama they need to live will keep happening but out of cases and in the thread instead you retard.

>Namefag shitposting is still discouraged.
>Given we have anti witch-hunting rules in place
Discouraged how? You don't do anything about it when it is reported. A talking to at most, and these people go about their scummy business again. Bans where? Kicks where? It's happened to me twice in docs, and I've called a bunch of times about other people being dropped for no reason other than some dumb attempt at humor.

>did you modcall? PM us on discord?
I've done both, and all of the people to this day still do it. They don't learn. What are you going to do about? What's the rule for if you don't punish a violation?

>opens you up to getting shitposted
What do you mean here? Are you talking about the few idiots who talk using their ooc names IC? That needs to stop, but it doesn't excuse you not doing anything about people dropping names of people they don't like in docs, in IC chat midcase, all over the damn place. You need to step up, or it'll only be shitty people left in the community.

Let's not make this about two people. You know as well as I do, that just before the moment this place dies, the last two people will be one Names/Verin poster and Verin. Like cockroaches, they won't die easily.

>because they can actually case feeling safe
If the server is moderated well enough that even someone as hateable as Verin can case without being namedropped and scorned IC, then enough people would be actively casing that you could easily avoid playing with him. We're so far from that point, though, you can't help but run into them.

Funimation finally got around to dubbing the anime. A year late is the Localizers motto after all.

>a talking to at most

If all that is needed to resolve a situation is a talking to, than that's all that is required for the situation. If something more is required, appropriate action can be taken. That said, however, while discouraged, there are no rules against namefagging, just rules against Witchhunting. It's discouraged through the rhetoric and through the rules in place, in particular the witchhunting rule as namefagging generally encourages witchhunting.

>I pm'ed people
If you pm'ed a mod, and it didn't get handled or resolved, you should have pm'ed me. It's called taking it up the chain of command if you have an actual serious issue that's not being satisfactorily resolved by the mods. I haven't been contacted in regards to any of these matters. Generally when I've seen people namefag, nothing was ever malicious and everyone cased as per normal, so there was no need for me to intervene.

>dropping names of people they don't like in docs

I'm not exactly sure what you expect me to do about that. Much like doc bombing, unless you have one person in control of the doc its very difficult to actually pinpoint who is putting what information in unless they outright out themselves.

On that note, I am more than willing to talk to you in private about any specific issues or cases you have.

It took this long? God damn. It sucked anyway, but whatever.

P-E-E-K!

>I literally can't grasp the idea that humans don't always consciously make sound decisions and that the whole point was that Godot was an extremely flawed man so I project my autism on to his character as a result

He literally does have mental problems, but knew about Morgan's letter plenty of time in advance

It gets worse, they aren't getting any of the Capcom voice actors on loan to them.

I mean that as a reply to

Duh. Godot has went through a lot of shit so it's not unexpected. My problem is that spergs think a character needs to be 100% rational to be comeplling.

I cannot open the rars from the downloads section, what did you guys do to them?

are posting these shitty memes really necessary.

I would recommend using 7zip to extract them

[Drops a Name]

That is what I TRIED doing, it said it couldn't open them.

y'all gon' do cases today?

redownload

>30 people online
>17 in the lounge

Just another day on AOV then?

We should remove the lounge