Ottomans thread

Let's talk about this underappreciated great power.

Who was the best Sultan? When was their true peak? Was it Suleyman who ruined it with his unclever decisions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_War_(1672–76)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Women
youtube.com/watch?v=eRS7ON-C-7E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

It was his son, Selim II

>Who was the best Sultan?
Mehmet, no fucking competition.
>When was their true peak?
15-Century, again, because of Mehmet.
>Was it Suleyman who ruined it with his unclever decisions?
What? No.

Mehmet is also known for disastrous failures and terrible command, with way more casualties than needed in most of his battles.

Süleyman though ruined the harem forever by empowering and actually legally marrying a primary consort, giving women in the harem more power which led to manipulative wives and mothers gaining more influence. That aside, he disinherited the clearly superior heir.

How was ottoman culture in the 16th century for the common citizen ?

this shitole and pooland had to be most laughable """"empires"""" of europe

>Russian """""Empire""""""
Literally a bigger mistake than Austro-Hungaria.

>Russian empire would shit on constantinople if not for gay westerners
>t*rks could never get past crimea
You even couldn't conquer meme countries like Poland, why do you even talk.
Ottoman shithole was irrelevant garbage that didn't contribute a single thing to humanity outside of creating maps so that they had easier time spreading misery across globe.

Tell us about how great the russian empire was then ?
I mean they have to be great in order to get an communist revolution happen to them.
Besides the ottans never tried to conquer russia at their prime because even then it was a worthless shithole.

Ottomans* I meant.

Sword of Allah tier
Osman I
Selim I
Muhammad Al Fatih
Suleiman I

Its not our fault that western gayrope hates us, but it certainly never stopped us from constantly shitting on roachlands )

It is your fault because you are one of the shittiest and most degenerate subhumans existing in the world.
Poland and Sweden kept destroying you while you tried to overpower them with numbers which eventually succeeded unfortunately.
Literally nothing of value would be lost if the russian people were wiped off from the face of the earth and half of europe would agree with that.

Not a single soldier died while partinioning poorland if we exclude shitty peasant uprising
Sweden tried to poke the bear and got blown the fuck out back into stone age.
Meanwhile all t*rks did was praying on baltic countries and got pushed back the second they tried to wage war with country that actually wouldn't be outnumbered 10 to 1 like in every roach war.

Oh remind me about how poland rekt you so hard in the 17th century that you guys had a polish tzar or about how the swedes kept defeating you worthless shits until poltava.
Also the ottomans destroyed you at 1710 which probably was a big feat still as they were in decline at that point.
Also its hilarious when you throw the zerg rush meme because you faggots were famous for it especially from the first world war and on.

Can't we all just get along?

Not if this guy is acting as an illiterate faggot.

I mean the ottomans had shitty moments especially after the 17th century but they still outshone the soullees piece of shits that are russians.

Atleast ottomans won wars against poland on their own when russia needed help to do that ,almost all the polish russian wars till the partition were won by outnumbered poles.

find me one roach victory where they win against more numerous country that isn't located in balkans
you couldn't even win vs poorland lmao

>you couldn't even win vs poorland lmao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Ottoman_War_(1672–76)

What is this then you barely shithead ?

>Ottoman discuss thread
>le roachess we almost kill you gibb constaniple smug putin russia stronk koksal baba epikkk

What the fuck.
Fuck off retard butthurt

ITT: turkposters take off their trips

Any of you have the "weak should fear the strong" Ottoman edit?

Ottoman Empire was an anomaly that went too far

No it didn't go far enough.
A unified ottoman culture spanning from north africa till hungary would have been interesting but too bad that they could't get their shit together.

The entire decline of the Ottoman Empire makes a great case for why overly bureaucraticised rather than localised Empires are bad

Of course, my friend

Suleiman fucked up the entire empire.

One, he gave the harem power. Which in turn led to:

Two, he changed the way successors were raised. Before him, all princes, when they come of age, were sent to a region to govern it. This made sure when/if they take the throne they were experienced administrators.
Suleiman's son Selim II was never sent off to govern somewhere cause his mother didn't want it. He was raised behind closed doors. The same Selim II was the first sultan to not command the army personally.

Thus began the decline of Ottoman dynasty, with inadept rulers and their mothers whispering into their ears.

In my opinion, Suleiman having the nickname magnificant is one of the most ironic things in history.

Now his father Selim I, that was a good sultan. He may have genocided a few couple thousand people here and there but it was in his time the Ottoman treasury was at its maximum. So much so that his royal seal was used til the collapse of the empire as the seal of treasury.

I fully agree. Suleiman being regarded as the magnificent is not due to his abilities as a ruler. It's more due to him being born at the right time at the right place

Turks are literally the best race

Prove me wrong

Protip

You cant

Ottoshit boyfucker """empire""" was in every way inferior to the great Seljuks a.k.a best Turks

You are poo smell

Go make fuck to your mom

Osman empire best empire

Was Harem and that Ukranian bitch really that influental as some say they were?

I refuse to believe cumdumps managed to manipulate Suleiman to that extent.

And tbqh, it seems that Ottoman Empire overreached and could not handle the stresses imposed on it by the vast empire.

Cockroach ain't a race.

Damascus steel makes me hard.

You aren't a race

The Harem got increasingly more powerful, although their influence started with Roxelana, the ukrainian consort of Süleyman. She managed to manipulate Süleyman to such an extent that he even disinherited one of his sons and ended up killing him. Afterwards the Sultans grew soft, with none of them except for Murad IV even entering a battlefield. In a lot of cases the princes were nutjobs that were just ruling on paper, while the mother or wives were pulling the strings behind the curtain.

>adds all the ottoman allied in nr. 10
>doesn't add all russian allies in nr. 11

I wonder who made this.

non-shitposting ottoman thread here

today i will remind them

>no bayezid

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Women

>women gain power
>empire goes to shit

Coincidence?

>Ottoman
>Europe

>Sweden tried to poke the bear and got blown the fuck out back into stone age.
Russia was the provoker. They got BTFO. offered peace, the Swedes refused and pushed their luck too much, and then Russia sent the hordes and won, unfortunately. At least Sweden can brag about the k/d ratio.

>periodic table doesn't exist nor Stalinium

Sounds like he was an Alexander the Great.

Istanbul or Constantinople?

What does it say on a normal world map?

> poland outnumbered 2-1
> "more numerous"
wow you must be a turk

>Ottomans could never get past Crimea
They actually did

>Giving women power destroyed an Entire Empire
Really makes you think

Is this even Ottoman? Looks like something belonging to the sultanate of Mysore.
Name?

Going to need some non wikipedia sources for some of these, namely Maritsa... Seems pretty inconceivable considering the ferocity Serbia has exhibited throughout their history.

>little ottoman scout unit finds camping serbian army at night
>serb camp is at a river
>put camp on fire
>deceive serbs into thinking there is a huge ottoman army
>serbs try to rout over the river
>most of them drown
>those who dont are taken prisoner / killed

doesnt sound very unlikely

hey go back to int

>Seljuks a.k.a best Turks
>spent most of its existence [COLLAPSING]
>spent most of that same time stabbing each other in the dick while crusaders took half their land.

I didn't talk about that besides it was 60k against 80k and the ottomans which isn't that big a difference.
The russians couldn't beat the poles with a larger difference that's what I meant.

The ottomans won*

>5000 swedish mercenaries
>5000 dead
hmm

Can someone give a little rundown of the organization of the Ottoman military? I've understood that they had it all pretty well organized. I mean, people to build/fix roads before the army marches there, people to put up the tents.I mean, just for non-soldiering things.

Or are you all too busy with your "omg roach i am still part of team byzanthium eventhough my basement dwelling ways don't have anything to do with it" -shitposting?

for first hand account try looking for Bertrandon de la Broquiére voyage to the overseas. he describes the ottoman camp as deathly quiet and the armies moving twice as fast and half as noisy as a European army of equal size

I mean, at the same time in european militaries, was the supply system pretty much a sort of moving marketplace that followed the army.

I'm more well-versed regarding the composition and military tactics, which were as follows in case you're interested.

Akinci scouts usually were on the front line, scouting and skirmishing, with barely any cavalry following them. These then pretended to retreat, leading the enemies into the center of the Ottoman army, in which (in earlier years) the Sultan himself was positioned, surrounded by artillery, Janissaries, the elite units, and a lot of Sipahi, stormriders, around the camp. Most of the time this camp was also heavily fortified with stakes and the like built all around it. When the enemies arrived at that camp, they were usually already exhausted, and the Ottomans went all out, destroying them with their cannons and actually fully engaging the enemy. Most of the time the enemy cavalry was way ahead of the infantry, which made it particularly easy to destroy the enemies and effectively cause more casualties, as the enemy army was already exhausted by that point.

It's an interesting mix of horde warfare and gunpowder tactics. However, the biggest problem the Ottomans had was never really trying any new tactics, which ultimately led to them falling behind other countries in terms of warfare.

>Was it Suleyman who ruined it with his unclever decisions?
Just like the Balkans ruined Europe with starting WW1 and allowing the refugees free movement, it was also them that would ruin the Golden age of the Ottoman empire when demanding more rights after we enlisted them as Janissaries and do revolts.

Never trust balkan scum, friends.

Veeky Forums needs flags because these turkroach threads are getting obnoxious.

>thread about relevant empire
>MUH TURKROACHES GAAAH
fucking butthurt slavs and byzaboos everytime

But I'm /pol/ and I admire ottomans, why would anyone that's not /pol/ like murderers and conquerors?

youtube.com/watch?v=eRS7ON-C-7E

>Vagina Moomad X Pokemon fin Blabbermouth

>I'm the Veeky Forums namefag everybody hates

Historical discussions about the Ottoman Empire are cool.

This fucking faggot->
Is not.

yaes good meme

bump

>fall in love with a Ukrainian slave girl so hard you send your entire empire into a downward spiral
And people say slavic girls are just a meme.

>destroy Byzantium
>terrefies the pope
>fight 10 kingdoms + HRE in a crusade
>win and kill polish king in Varna
"you couldn't even win vs poland lmao!!"
I'm a byzantine enthusiast("byzantium was the defender of europe" and so on)but lets get real, the dodomans were great and did a +10 job

They never were.
Even now turkish men have a massive slav fetish.

im slav and i date turk girl
she's whiter than germans

1877-78 Russian victory lewl'd.

>be a Russian in 1877
>150 years of massive work for modernization starts paying off
>peterthegratesmilesuponus.webm
>your literature reached to the level of French's
>your symphonies are played in German concert halls
>your scientists are dominating in every field
>life_is_good.jpg
>news reaches. Turks started exterminating Christians in the Balkans.
>it is time. we must save our brethren
>go to war
>kick Turks ass virtually every single battle
>save Bulgaria
>save Romania
>save Serbia
>get Kars province as a sign of humiliation
>on the way home
>pray for the fallen, they didn't die for nothing
>we_will_come_back_for_Tsargrad.dll

>fast forward to June 28,1914
>Austrian archduke just got Serb'd
>WTF.dude
>start mobilize
>Germans declares war on you
>Bulgarians declares war on you
>traitors.bmp
>everyone declares war on someone
>oh shit, your puppet just started a world war

>fast forward to 1918
>corpse of your beloved Czar lies on Yekaterinburg streets
>a mongol runs the Russia now
>he gives Kars oblast back to Turks.
>he gives guns and moneys to Turks to fight Greeks.
>he bans all religions
>he replace Jesus with Marx as new master jew

>fast forward to today
>two century long hard work pillaged in four decades by your own men
>if it weren't for the natural resources, your people would have died of starvation
>your economy is Saudi level
>nothing gets better
>literally half of the world formed an alliance because of you
>your country became the biggest villain of 21st century

You know the best part is, you probably never reach to same level of sophistication ever again:D If it weren't for the Bolsheviks, we wouldn't even own a single rock in Anatolia.
I say we won that battle.

Turkey isn't doing so hot either.
I would even say that living under Putin is ten times better than living under islamic shitskin dictator

better than nothing. plus I didn't say we are better.

>Underappreciated
>Has one faggot on Veeky Forums sucking their dick literally every day without fail

>ottomans
>powerful

Oh wow they conquered the balkans big fuckin deal literally everyones done that. The roaches were carried to their mediocre achievements by the Janissaries, and then as soon as the Janissaries were removed from their slavic roots and were roachified they became worthless pieces of that dragged their ancestors achievements down. They could barely handle Venice, and lost to the HRE while they were dealing with Protestants AND the french at the same time, two way bigger threats. The ottomans would have been pushed right into the Caspian Sea by the Russians by the 19th century if the perfidious anglo didn't intervene.

I love threads about the Ottomans empire. What I hate about these threads is the massive dick sucking and failure to accept losing some retarded war.

My opinion on the Ottomans rose a lot after I learned that they are basically a bunch of mongols who accepted islam to have an ideological excuse to go conquer the world, but eventually got assimilated into the balkan clusterfuck. It's a shame Turks can never recover their central asian spirit.

>What I hate about these threads is the massive dick sucking and failure to accept losing some retarded war.
Tell that to everyone that still whines about "muh Constantinople".

Losing it is one thing, failing to reclaim it due to br*t perfidy is a lot more painful.

see