youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=09Ty1p9tQEQ

>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AAiRowFQLY0

>Chaos concert
youtube.com/watch?v=gDfjry8-t24

>Shin Megami Tensei: Synchronicity Prologue side-scroller for PC released as free download
gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-megami-tensei-synchronicity-prologue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download
>English translation
dropbox.com/s/xq0ear1r0cvq40h/Synchronicity Prologue English V1.zip?dl=0

>Strange Journey Redux Files including cutscenes, portraits, sprites and soundtrack:
mega.nz/#F!l0lwXbrD!k4nTlSzKp86s8qrwt1Wf1A

>Shin Megami Tensei IV/IVA portraits, sprites and textures:
mega.nz/#F!UltjlITb!PnGEcWYkxv_n8u0vJQvhFg

>Memorial Arrange Tracks album, fully named and tagged:
mega.nz/#!Qt0V2aYY!AGD6ECNHOkNcGNSKjEhoT0KLvYEWhW2F_0508GNB36o

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/vYS23798

>OST links
pastebin.com/KWGRFqD1

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/3LEcEUja

>Script dumps
pastebin.com/e4cC77Wk

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m2_WpfUucfc
my.mixtape.moe/zlylsz.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In other words,

Law is the correct path.

Law sucks unless you read the Bible, the Quran, the Torah, study up on Gnostic to understand God. SMT combined all these aspects to making him one complex characters for normies like Erikr to understand.

>Great Marquis of Hell is here. Will you talk to him?

nice

nice

brothers and sisters, I'm 4 months from the future
that's where Liberation was released and being discussed
and let me just remind you guys that it brought even more joy in this general rather than distraught

youtube.com/watch?v=m2_WpfUucfc

What are you living for?

It depends, what game are you playing?

Because I was already alive

About to play Synchronicity. Anything I should know about? Is there any quick-screenshot button?

No one played it.

I'm playing it, it's fun enough i guess

I'm playing it right now though.

It'll come naturally to you, really
You'll eventually get a jewel that allows you to open those crystal doors you can't seem to pass
When you get to a part with candles and platforms over a pit, you want to jump so you hit one candle, then land so you hit another
The mitama ( or whatever the white sphere is?) that you can get from item vendors will revive you once before disappearing if it's equipped

Alright, thanks for the tips my man.

Running around naked being stung by bees when?

Does Synchronocity, Jack Bros. and those non-RPG Devil Children games count towards the hunger chart? And does DDS 1&2 count as one or two games?

They are MegaTen games, so yes. DDS are obviously two separate games.

If the shitters on the discord count unrelated garbage like the trauma center games there is no reason you couldn't count those

Trauma Center and Etrian Odyssey are best MegaTens

Catherine is the Tetris of the SMT series.

Do you agree with any of these points? I found some guy's blog where he played Nocturne and didn't like it. He actually picked Hard Mode for his first playthrough and instead of dropping it after he got an ass-whooping he actually grinded a long way in until he looked up the TDE and said it sucked so he finally dropped it.

I love the Demonica Girls!

oh time 2 relode my savestate

i love chen!

Instant death is, always was, and always will be a stupid mechanic in tandem with the protagonist dying being a game over. The rest of his issues I don't care about.

>protagonist dying being a game over
well it makes sense, once you die your demons aren't bound to you anymore

Just like I said before, all PS2 Megaten games are barely playable.
Even on emulator with quick save-load options.
I honestly dropped Nocturne, DDS and Raidou for gameplay reasons.

Making sense isn't the issue.

>main character dies
It's not that bad. Kinda bumb yeah, but it's there throughout the series most of the time.
>wah there instant kill skills and they work
They only appear when you get access to the Mitamas that actually block Expel/Death attacks. Adapt instead of bumrushing your way.
>back attacks
Tough luck picking Hard mode for your first time fucker. And it's not that bad. At least not as bad as in IV, personally.
>no continue points
What?
>few save points and heal points
Absolutely false.
>no automatic teleportation or healing after boss
Why would you want that? I don't understand.
>buffing/debuffing are essential and Dekaja exists
Yes, and?
>Party members level up about twice as slowly as the mc
Fuse demons, don't grind them
>skill inheritance
I bet he wasted like ten seconds trying to understand how fusion works.
>no option to refuse skill mutation
Absolutely false.
I can understand not liking the instant-death skills but most of the whining seems to stem from playing either only modern RPGs or solely because he doesn't want to waste time thinking and learning the game.

Something can make sense from a thematic perspective while still being stupid from a gameplay perspective, and gameplay should probably trump theme in cases like these.

This is what casual actually means, all of this complaints are things that you can easily get used to if you know what you're doing and how to play the game

How the hell are they barely playable? Nocturne is straight up easy

I picked Hard for my first Nocturne playthrough. I had only played SMT 1 and 2 previously. Needless to say, it was the hardest and most frustrating JRPG playthrough I had ever endured, but I absolutely loved the challenge.
I love instant death. I wouldn't experience the same thrill of death if the game weren't able to screw me over at any time due to RNG. If death due to hama/mudo happens too often, then it is your responsibility to exploit the game mechanics as much as possible in order to decrease the chance of it happening.

Analyze costing a turn and MP is garbage. Someone get this man a COMP.

This guy gets it

>solely because he doesn't want to waste time thinking and learning the game
No he actually jokingly uses the fact that at the time he started playing he had a ton of time to spare. The fag who wrote that blogpost is just stubborn in the worst way.

So I don't get it.

Is Demifiend's main Persona Pixie, or is he adaptable?

someone get demifiend a wiki

>fight your way in and fight your way out

I actually like this and it makes me wish more games did this, it feels more immersive and not gamey

Game over after death (combined with instakill spells if they land) I agree with, battles after bosses I can kind of agree with, buff/debuff I can only half agree with (it's not really too bad, but I guess it can be annoying at times), the rest I don't really care about.

>Demifiend's main Persona Pixie
Yes, but since you can fuse Pixie with others, he's technically adaptable.

Anything in the Devil Arcana

The only thing he's right about is random fusion and instant kills. Everything else you are literally given the tools to prevent and/or the option to refuse. This sounds like another one of those retards who calls a game shit when it isn't handholding him 24/7.

>Just friends
>Implying by the endgame she's not used to that fiend dick

Nah, I like it here.

At what point did /smtg/ go wrong?

this post

SMT1: Law
SMT2: Law
SMT3: Hikawa
SJ: Law
IV: Law
Apocucklypse: Law,
Devil Survivor 1/2: Law
Raidou Kuzunoha 2: Law

Irrefutably the best endings per game.

xDDD

>dropping raidou

Fuck you. I understand dropping DDS and Nocture since they are shit games, but my nigga Raidou's games aren't even hard.

PS2 MegaTen include Persona 3 and 4

>Devil Survivor 2: Law
>ending that doesn't use the traditional law/chaos system

>Nocturne, DDS and Raidou
But these are the only SMT games with good gameplay.

So why are people here so pissy about the Nocturne hardtype hack

Is SMT 1 the Doom of the series in terms of ports?

>Super Famicom
>PC Engine
>Mega-CD
>PlayStation
>Game Boy Advance
>Android
>iOS
Pretty much, except no PC/DOS port.

How?

Yep. Not to mention the fact that it was on the Wii and Wii U Virtual Console.

Cheat codes

And on top of that, I had to use an exploit involving said cheat codes.

I discovered that trick while making gifs for all the different moves in the game.

>Luster Candy
What.

Probably an addition of the hardtype hack
>inb4 >hardtype hack

>hardtype hack

>hardtype hack

>hard
>type
>hack

>hard

>HARD
>DEEP
>strange journey

>type

>inb4

i do, actually.

Suck chaos cock?

Do what?

I guess the DDS crew are Godslayers

TRYIng to play synchrocity on Mac using wine. It’s not working when it says press the action button nothing I push works. Inb4 faggot. I know

Heard about the Dragon Stream.

When it came out, all of us that use Linux/Mac couldn't get it running on Wine and we couldn't figure it out.

I don't understand this post. Are you saying that anything that references anything you shouldn't like unless you know about that thing? There isn't any path that doesn't reference things. Even neutral, which tries to be as boring as possible still does.

Oh.

Who on earth counts trauma center. I've never even seen anyone do that ironically.

Devil survivor 2 still clearly has an ending that is more or less a law analogue, even if its a mediocre one with a shitty rep.

my.mixtape.moe/zlylsz.webm

Let me know if this works. It is for a different game, but is made by the same company and uses the same game engine.

Finally beat it! First try too. I loved this fight's music.

Congrats, newcomer user. I hope you will enjoy the second game, which has a lot more elements that are typical to SMT.

I was just thinking about dark versions of the alignments.

In mainline smt: law is light law, neutral is neutral neutral, and chaos is dark chaos.

For law we have also seen dark law.

For neutral we have seen dark neutral with dagda and jack's squad.

For chaos it seems unclear whether light chaos is even a seperate thing. The nature of chaos is that it is always subsumed into the one path.

Light neutral is allegedly bonds in IVA, but is it really different than any other neutral? I don't see any obvious differences, unless the fact that it tries to get people to get along more rather than fights them both qualifies as a difference.

We've also never really seen neutral law.

The weird thing about this is that for chaos its accepted that its dark, so we don't really see many chaotic corruptions, since there's little more it can even get more dangerous. Whereas for law, it has its goal of happiness but atlus already has it out for them. So it depicts law as already scary, but neutral as not, yet we see dark law and neutral, both of which are scarier, but dark neutral is presented as a real path once, whereas dark law is presented as not ever able to be one, since its all around bad. Since dark is something that is "more acceptable" as long as you are "more free." And law is seen as acceptable only if it delivers on its goals in a light oriented way.

Could siding with yhvh in MTII count as dark law in retrospect? Unlike the later games, yhvh in MTII gives little veneer of the greater good, and is presented as outright just the more selfish option. Inverting it to make law more selfless was a later invention to try to make a more balances narriative

>In mainline smt: law is light law
pfft

Pfft what? The law reps are always aligned as light law. In II satan is light/law and lucifer is dark/law for example. and hell, they even CALL them light law in the interview for II.

>Red Rider
>Alice
>But no Little Red Riding Hood

You should make clear what you mean by light-dark. Some anons here equate it to good-evil but from what I understand it has more to do with whether a demon is deified or vilified by their respective religions. Also, IIRC law-chaos isn't a thing in MT2.
>lucifer is dark/law
I think you meant dark-chaos but yeah, I agree.

Alice here is a composite figure of a mythological figure and alice the book figure. Red riding hood has no mythological figure to be other than a human one. It would seem out of place.

I didn't know that the translation of the chronicles version of nocturne had released, oh well, guess i'll play nocturne again

Don't forget to download the hotfixes

The games aren't really that clear either. The vague assumption seems to be working for the greater good / wide scale, versus self oriented goals. Which isn't quite good and evil, since the former atlus thinks is too inhuman, and the latter is seen as less bad if in a system where everyone is encouraged to work for themself instead of one that prevents this. Problem is that chaos is the former in name only.

And that's why I said in retrospect. They didn't have those terms in MTII, but based on what the later games set up, that seems to be the point. What yhvh represents in MTII makes little claims about being for any larger good, and is just about the elect getting rewarded. Or at least on the surface that's how it comes off. Which is more or less how dark-law figures act later in the series. But they divided this later on, making a light law side too, which likewise rejects the dark version.

It's too bad we will never get another chance to understand what light and dark paths means by analyzing the respective routes because NINE and Majin Tensei II will NEVER EVER get translated.