/ng/ Nioh General

dead edition

information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Defiant Honor
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Bloodshed End

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt (embed)

FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd (embed)

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

freestepdodge.com/threads/guardian-spirit-combination-bonuses.6902/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can anyone tell me what makes Elemental Damage Reduction (Guarding) 100% so useful? I hear people saying firearms reduction and elemental reduction guarding are basically ezmode, but I don't see how elemental helps at all.

Just to note. the "information" in the OP is meant to be "DLC information"
I don't know when it got cut out.

Nue user here, just got done with Okatsu and Honda.

Are the Tanuki or Deer Spirits worth looking at for a MAGIC/SPIRIT build?

Just got to Way of the Wise and now it won't stop crashing when loading a mission. Looked it up and it seems there was some kind of save corruption bug on PS4 and it looks like it was never fixed.

i feel guilty about cheesing this boss I was stuck at..

I just used spirit talismans to apply discord and beat the shit out of him

Also is 109 too low level for dlc? Most revenants I see are way higher than I am

>play game for the first time back in February
>look at Onmyo tree and it looks super disappointing
>Water/Fire etc. shots description says that they enchant your next 3 projectiles with said element
>Think that means that it enchants your next 3 arrows or bullets with the element
>What's the fucking point?
>Just don't pay any more attention to it
>9 Months later
>Replay game
>Do Onmyo dojo missions
>Apparently Water Shot etc. are literally just attacks that you cast
>The whole reason i thought Onmyo tree was boring was because i thought it didn't have any normal spells

Wew
Who the fuck came up with the wording on those abilities? "Imbues your next 3 projectiles with the power of >insert element

why the fuck would play something boring

>Going from Axe to 2kat

What mystic art should I use? Is the defense bonus worth it? I have the ki reduction equipped

Actual elemental spells are definitely more exciting than all the self buff/enemy debuff shit

If we get a Nioh 2, what would you like the setting to be?

>Genpei war
>Nobunaga's rise and fall, ends at Honnoji incident
>Hideyoshi establishing his rule and uniting Japan, ends after he dies and the status quo at the start of this game is established
>the previous two combined
>Boshin war

it's worded weirdly but it doesn't say that at all
>Allows you to ready 3 [element] Shot Talismans. Imbues your projectiles with the power of [element] when used.

Last Samurai

>mfw "The last Samurai" is taking me HOURS to complete
>boss, boss, boss, BOSS
and now that I got to the final boss hoping that the fox is the last boss, either that or Maria things got even more confusing

and on top of that coop is dead

yeah I think the director expressed intent on doing earlier sengoku

>mfw it's so painful I have no face anymore

>Imbues your projectiles with the power of [element] when used

Oh it doesn't use the word "next"
That makes it totally different, yes!

>giant bird yokai flies in
>elephant noises

haha what?

>cheesed Okatsu with Sloth+Enko Living Weapon

I’m... I’m so sorry, my feetfu.

Meanwhile the best actual offensive magic in the game is ninjutsu-based.

"Do Coop if you need Glory" they said.
"Coop gives lots of Glory" they said

>If you look for coop with conditions (can only select SPECIFIC MISSIONS instead of difficulty or region) you don't get any matches at all
>If you look for coop with no conditions you get summoned by some level 30 dude who's bad at the game, thinks that he's unbeatable now that he has a friend to help him, proceeds to rush in and gets one shot
>10 minutes of my time wasted for 200 glory
>Rarely any WotS summons
>Invoker died
>If you actually do manage to complete a mission with someone it's low level and awards like 800 glory for 20 minutes of time

Might as well just farm mobs and donate their gear

You get shitload of glory on Tuesday anyways

>not giving her a fair and fun battle

Well, i want to get Okatsu transform, and that's 100k glory

Why the fuck are all the females so expensive?
Sexism

I'd prefer a more character driven narrative. It doesn't have to be an epic emotional story but I think a chronicle of the PCs life over 10 years as they wander Japan slaying demons would be cool. Do you guys think rooting the game in factual Japanese history is to its strength or would it benefit from being more fictional?

do yokai realm with a companion
just got 3k glory for ng dlc twilight mission

>rooting the game in factual Japanese history is to its strength

Definitely. I love that aspect. And I agree with you on a stronger focus on characters. Not just for the protagonist, but everyone. Give them some bigger role instead of just existing only to have an intro, be fought once, and forgotten.

Because William is a man, it takes more effort to transform into the opposite gender.

So I heard you can play as Fuku now, I updated my game and launched it but then dropped it again when i saw how much glory or whatever it costs to buy her skin

I just want to know what she has under her skirt

Do you seriously not notice how maby attacks do elemental damage? Did you not know that taking 0 damage from an elemental attack means no debuff buildup? Do you just not know what the debuffs do?

As long as you have divine gear you are fine for the DLC. The levels wont make as mich of a difference as your gear at that point.

It still references “projectiles”. Plural. Though watching the video should be enough to explain it. For a long time I didn’t know the skill videos existed so I understand someone being turned off by the description.

You can get like 5k glory or more on a good run on top of easy umbracite and more cups to use for increased divine drop rates. Also its not uncommon for your host to start summoning a bunch of revinants for you two to double team and beat in seconds. I’ve got 3 of the girl transformations so far and I haven’t even unlocked a 4th region in way of the demon yet - i skipped way of the strong.

Is that a canon reason?

don't sass me boy

>Do you seriously not notice how maby attacks do elemental damage? Did you not know that taking 0 damage from an elemental attack means no debuff buildup? Do you just not know what the debuffs do?
Don't be a patronizing fag. What I'm getting at is that virtually every hazardous elemental attack also apparently falls under the category of "firearms reduction" and I haven't yet encountered an elemental attack that seems to bypass it.

Fight against Nobunaga and Obsidian Samurai.
What can I use to make this fight easy?
Never used anything cheesy before, but this fight just killing me.

It pisses me off how this game is more about managing your dpad hotkeys than anything else

Elemental defense while guarding is much easier to max out than firearms protection and works on stuff like breath attacks and lasers where I don’t think projectile defense counts. I think the main benefit is that you can throw it onto pretty much any set and still have left over inheritable armor slots to work with.

it pisses me off how you can't just nut up and stop sucking dick

>Tanuki as your secondary
Didn't Tanuki secondary is Strong Attack Damage?
This help with a Ninja Hayabusa build?

blacksmiths are for ____

How can you get Tome to switch to these clothes? I like it more than the yellow one.

Notice how you get an extra bonus depending on your pair of spirits? Two of the same element boosts elemental damage and whatnot? Tanuki and Neko get extra ninjutsu recovery after leaving living weapon. Turtle and peacock give you life recovery on onmyo hits. There are others but that is all I remember offhand.

Basically if the two spirits are related somehow odds are they get a unique bonus.

hit my first wall with 100 eyes, game crashes everytime i get him to half health lol

Oh, that's really cool, thanks for the explanation.

Are tonfas fun?

Like, they're fast, and being fast makes you feel like you're doing a lot even if you aren't. But do they become stronger than they are with combos and shit? Because katana and odachi just steamroll everything, and spear's a pretty safe weapon choice.

I just want something that I don't see every single fucking person using.

The only guardian really worth considering for magic is Hi-Nezumi. Unlimited Onmyo is too fucking good to pass up.

They're fun as fuck. They're weak as hell though, your damage will have to come from inflicting status ailments and ki break/grapple spam. They do a shitload of ki damage, you'll just have to play a bit differently.

They excel at Ki damage so if you play into that and grapples and shit they are fine. To me they felt like a lot of work without much to gain compared to other weapons though.

Daiba Washi + Moment Talisman will knock him down to do a critical. Or Sloth.
Keep those for his 1kat phase, his axe phase is easy you just have to wait for him to do a slam and then hit him a couple of times. He really has wide openings when he's using it.

speaking of Tonfas, how do I kill the nine-tailed fox with them?

Some people say win7 compat can get you past that guy. I didn't have the problem myself.

Just got the ability to equip double guardian spirits, trying to find a good combo.

These are what I'm using now, but I feel like I want something good to use talismans on. Neither of their attacks seem to be that great

Pretty sure this is accurate, regarding the combinations
freestepdodge.com/threads/guardian-spirit-combination-bonuses.6902/

>game looks like it's a generation behind and the levels are small but have to run it in medium resolution scaling to maintain 60fps

Fucking koei and their shitty ports.

>maxed out tanuki + neko basically fully restore ninjutsu

Jesus. Why did they treat Ninjutsu so fucking well and then totally hose Onmyo? Iga is available super early and recovers like half your shit from the two piece bonus, then they hand you that spirit combo on top of it simpy for starting the DLC. You can reach nearly 100% recovery before finishing Way of the Samurai. Not to mention dex scales directly with an entire weapon type.

Meanwhile Onmyo gets a fucking 7 piece set in way of the god damn wise and thats fucking it. You want a magic weapon? Hope for Change to Attack Magic to throw you a bone, but still come up short thanks to no natural scaling.

>game looks like it's a generation

oh man this odachi seems perfect

Which part was confusing for you? The likes of Ass Creed Black Flag, Sleeping Dogs or Batman Arkham City not only have a significantly better graphical fidelity and render areas several times as large and densily populated with NPCs and objects, but run MUCH better too.

all of this ubitrash is notorious for having garbage pc ports

nvm fixed it

In that spider mission, I thought the Hiragumo fragments were just for getting the teahouse/Itokuri. Why am I still getting them in way of the strong?

but only Ass Creed was made by ubisoft in that list

Uh huh sure kiddo. And yet even that garbage puts this to shame.

Each fragment you get removes a peice of leg armor.

I got the same one off a rev in the twilight mission

jesus christ how do I beat that bitch Maria, fuck that infinite ki super armor whore that 2 hits you and has a million fucking hp

Does extend evasion invulnerability stack?

Weaken melee weapons goes a long way. Otherwise firearms damage reduction and practice I guess.

You have 12.2 nanoseconds to post the most OP katana build.

hayabusa duh

Recommend me a fun armor set to use.

>can't even get 60fps with my 1050 on 720p
hold me bros

I got her in WotS with Daiba Washi knockup + critical with Moment Talisman (or the Onmyo equivalent). Then in WotD I used headshots to kock her down.
I hate her so much, I wish there was a way to follow her to Spain to cut her harlot head off.

I'm a big fan of the genius strategist set from the dojo guy. Looks really cool and has decent set bonuses. Got mine all the way to divine 150+10 on NG+

yeah this did the trick, thanks m8

General of Kigetsu.
>they debuff you
>but you only grow stronger

>Play Nioh with xbone controller on bluetooth
>Whole system randomly slows down and Nioh locks up
What the fuck, this shit doesnt happen when im using usb thingy.

>A connection error has occured.

>havent played since beta/demo
>decide to finally buy the game
>only killed boatman on 5th try
Fug, cant wait to face Moon Shiggy again.

bluetooth controllers aren't recommended for PC anyway. It's always better to go wired.

I had to try like 15 times to get him

he's easier in this because you fight him later

Cant wait to see what lies beyond, but man, am I fucking up fluxes now. Are all DLCs post-endgame or can some of them be completed as side content, by the way?

they're 3 post game regions

>Finally unlock the last set of weapon skills
>1kat reaches max proficiency

Guess I'll focus more on my secondary then. After I max my Tonfa's out what should I move onto next? I was thinking Odachi and 2kat for maximum katana.

Post game and they destroyed my ass aswell, I had to do some ng+ content to get better gear before getting back to the normal DLCs
I don't know if it's just me sucking or if not using Onmyo is making me weak af but that's my experience with it all ahah
Enjoy the game friend

>get 2hitted by shigizane
>damn that fight is tough
>realize I can hit his dongle
>suddenly git gud
>shigizane crusher unlocked on first playthrough of the map
>oh look I can also play it as twilight mission
>yokis waiting on top of ladders, hitting you the moment you climb up
>guitar fagots hidden and with 100m range
>cannon yokis sniping you with their machine gun cannons from all directions
>every inch of the map has at least some enemy
>every long corridor has a wheelmonk
>fucking tengu on a bridge with snakefagots shooting cannons at you

nope

I beat the mission, but died like 50 times. This is just beyond difficult. It's just pure tedious and evil enemy placement from hell. Suprised they didn't just make you fight 2 shigizane at the end.

How the fuck are you supposed to use this thing

You swing the chain around and hit niggas far away then swing the sickle to hit niggas right in front of you. Shit dude it's not that hard.

Is it possible to get an ethereal version of masks?
Ogress mask sounds perfect for flame dragon.

Become a visitor dumbass.

odachi is super megas fun

0-4 buy this gam
5-9 dont buy this gam

amazed how these shitters in 100+ abyss can't even handle a weaponmaster solo

Welcome aboard fuckin gaijin

Same here.
Though I am sure there are some with higher base damage and less fixed stats. If you can roll some scaling on those, they would do even better.

That being said, despite now having a fucking sick weapon, I take even longer to kill enemies since they got so much stronger in the dlc and way of the strong. Even trash standard footsoldiers take more than the usual 2 high 1 mid combo.
So I don't really see the point anymore.

>Forge armor peice 5% blue 10% purple 85% green.
Fucking purple peice of fucking shit!

How do I into 1kat?

mfw my running mid stance attack with odachi does too much damage for something that is long range and fast

wait until you roll a star moonlit snow damage boost on some odachi

I mean I already do have one

but a lot of things tend to not sit still