Asymmetrical Slasher Series General /assg/

Who's the real monster?

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
In development. Class based with weaker killers. Beta Delayed yet again.
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1480982338946530500/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

Is t-that a dead thread?:

Tiff.

>tfw had the new thread done then did one last check

So now you get A
J

Tiff > AJ

Will you stop posting it if we always wait for you to make the thread?

new screenshot of Last Year

No, never. The one respite you have is that I don't usually post it if I'm too late to threads.

I see many Trappers at high ranks not seem to use traps that much. Maybe people just arent running into them but I never seem to see them put it down/hear it even if I follow them around like a shitter. Is this a meme? Reason for it?

So is there a lore answer as to how the killers interact with each other?

Lol.

thanks for the tip, I'll see if it helps

Just like anything else projectile based you get used to it after just using it for a while.

They all fuck each other when they get bored

Putting down traps take a lot of tight and gens are finished lighting fast in high ranks.

I want Nea to bully me

Why play Trappyboi then?

I've always assumed they aren't even really real but just manifestations created by the entity based off the memories and stories of these killers.

Last Year? More like last century, with those graphics. xD

No idea. He's very frustrating to play as since 4 gens will be done before you set up two traps.

You pretty much need Ruin to make him work.

>Putting down traps take a lot of tight
heh

They should give survivors a laugh they can do to taunt the killer.
>ywn get decisive strikes only to be laughed at
BHVR should just embrace the yandere bully simulator that is playing killer sometimes.

What are good perk builds for high rank trapper?

Whispers, Brutal Strength, Ruin, NOED.

fooking auto-correct

>whispers
>no enduring or BBQ
>post nerf brutal strength that saves you < 0.2 seconds per pallet

Playing as a perkless Killer is fucking great. Even survivors have to think twice before talking shit

>people think the ultimate crutch perks of DS and BT are fine
>these same people think NOED isn't fine

Erm, what? BT was created to discourage camping but all survivors use it for is for just making stupid dives when they shouldn't be allowed to, DS is literally a "I have played badly and fucked up, here's my get out of jail free"

And there can be four of each spread across the team.

Meanwhile NOED is one only, can be removed by the totems, only activates after the main portion of the game has been lost and still requires you to actually move survivors to the hooks afterwards.

Where's the fair and balanced killer perk where once per match you can just delete a survivor instantly when you hit them once? rip mori being free to use and actually putting some fucking fear into the survivors after the first one went down

>inb4 wah buttblasted killer

god damn it was like a fuckin mortar raining down on his ass

>BBQ over Whispers on low mobility killers
>BBQ over Whispers on Trapper who needs to know nobody is around to see him set down traps
>Enduring over BS, okay maybe, but you can bait out pallet drop against most survivors
>0.2 seconds
>it's actually 0.45 seconds, BS is still the same speed as before the ""nerf""

>Now spending bloodpoints on survivor, even playing survivor

Forgive me..

What was mori like in the past? I always hear about the "mori nerfs" but I can't find any info on it.

why do i suck at this game so fucking bad. 9 out of 10 times the killer is on my ass literally within 10 seconds.

am i using a shitty perk loadout? i tried using lightweight to move more quieter but it's fucking shit and useless.

is that Deja Vu? talk about shit and useless. Lightweight is amazing if you are a stealth-oriented player.
Resilience is OK. I guess? I don't have an opinion on the Sole Survivor/Decisive Strike combo, i've never used them.

You used to be able to instantly mori a survivor on their first down, none of these "they have to be hooked once" bullshit. Killer played an ebony mori and you got downed? You're out of the game sonny.

And it sucked because if you mori'd everyone and didn't hook them you would depip and get a whole 10k points tops.

>you can bait out pallet drop against noob survivors
fixed
>average 20k point game vs 40k point game
yeah think I'll take the 40k points over the crutchiest crutch killer crutch to ever crutch
>breaking pallets slightly faster over being able to catch players off guard by diving through them, reducing bullshit DS stun time

You could instantly kill survivors without hooking them. They were invigorating as fuck and added flavor to the game. They were nerfed along with BNP and people will legitimately claim this is a 50/50 nerf despite BNP taking like 10 more seconds and adding to a survivor's rank while mori adds almost jack shit.

a good perk setup requires nothing but teachable perks so you basically don't get to have a good loadout with

>DS
If you can't land the skillcheck 9 times out of 10, do not use it, it is wasted. You absolutely have to land it with overwhelming consistency.
>all those other dumpster perks
I mean I don't blame you for using them if you have no other choice, considering how awful the shrines have been and leveling multiple survivors is obnoxious. But pretty much anything is better than that crap.

If you're spawning near the killer often, you're just unlucky. If you're getting caught, that's on you. Hide. Don't sprint around everywhere unless you're good at being chased. Hide behind shit while you wait for the killer to leave.

>frogs could have easily buffed mori by including the leftover points you would have got for each hook
>instead they gut mori into the ground while reworking bnp into a still godly state for survivor

>noob survivors
You can slash or lunge to bait out drop. Lunge, if they drop the pallet, let go of M1 and hit S immediately. This stops the lunge dead on the spot. If they don't drop it, just continue the lunge. Depends on distance to pallet (and latency), but usually you can time it to prevent stun if you see the start of the pallet pull animation. If you can't get it timed properly, just stop the lunge preemptively, survivors will drop the pallet anyway if you're close enough.
Slash is enough against most actually, and the recover time on that is quicker.
>points
Fair enough, I don't need points right now.
>crutchxD
Are you playing perkless Wraith one-handed? If you want to give yourself artificial difficulty, why stop at perks you consider "crutch"?
Personally I use the tools the game gives me to win the game. Whispers is versatile, saves me a ton of time mid match and saves me a headache searching for the last one or two survivors at the end of the match.
>slightly faster
~half a second is considerable in a chase. But yes, Enduring is better than BS. I'm more comfortable with the latter, but sometimes I use both or Enduring over BS on some killers.

PERK: Selfless Will
Your altruism and selflessness have effected your aura reading abilities.
INCREASES SURVIVOR AURA PERKS RANGE BY 8/16/24
PERMANENTLY REMOVES YOUR AURA FROM TEAMMATES VISION

isn't there already a perk that raises aura reading abilities?

yeah but if im correct its shit and not worth it at all. could fold my idea into that old perk.

Stop sprinting after spawning in? That's the only way you get a killer on your ass that fast. Sometimes you spawn just outside of the killer's terror radius, depends on luck, don't start repairing right away, look around and try to catch a glimpse of the killer if you hear the heartbeat, just knowing who you're up against is half the battle won in early game. You're loadout is pretty bad, but I assume you don't have a lot of teachables unlock. I suggest Self Care, it means a world of change.

Not him but I just don't see the use in whispers. I don't know anyone who uses it aside from a couple people on Veeky Forums. If it was as good as you guys claim, lots and lots of high rank people would use it.

Whispers could have some semi-situational use on doctor if you've got nothing else. Whispers activates and you can just mull around passively increasing the survivors madness until they go up a tier.

>Destroying all four survivors
>The last surviving one was Claud who had all the best of the best meta perks

Of course they spazzed out in the chat after. I love this game.

>That's the only way you get a killer on your ass that fast.
Or if he just see's you walking in the distance

So it's a boost for Empathy and Bond but in return it hides my aura while downed and on the hook? Why would I ever run this? Empathy already covers half of most maps.

i don't have many great perks available. i've only had the games for a few weeks and no amazing teachable perks have shown up in the shrine. is self care a teachable perk? it never shows up for me in the blood web. do better perks show up with the more hours i put in? my laurie has been at level 50 for awhile now but i don't see many great new perks coming my way.

all the other bloodweb perks i get are shitty things like chest finders and perks that help me help my teammates.

yeah i never start off sprinting. so i'm guessing the killers are seeing me from a mile away or from a different angle i'm not seeing.

it'd basically cover the entire map with that perk then, with Bond being even better. insane tracking of the killer during a chase but a dangerous game if you get caught yourself. It could also increase killer aura reading abilities too for Kindred aswell, if that'd make it better.
its mainly my wet dream because if I die so be it. BUT EVERYONE IS GETTING OUT GOD DAMMIT

>so i'm guessing the killers are seeing me from a mile away or from a different angle i'm not seeing
Most likely. When I find someone early on it is never due to scratch marks. It's either

I see them from afar, even a hint of movement.
or they unluckily went for the gen I first head to to check on

what the fuck is barbecue

Who do you know that plays the game?
Watch some killer main streamers, Whispers is and always has been one of the most-used perks and a go-to for good killers.
It's even in the top 5 for global usage and rank 1 usage from the dev stats they've relased at the beginning and middle of the year.

>spawn on a goddamn hill
>camera settles on the killer spawning right in front of me in the corn

>no Claudette

Is the artist racist?

Probably because there are only 4 survivors in a match.

Feng Min is there.

Is Perfect Escape bugged?

I have hundreds of hours in-game, have reached R1, had countless farm sessions with killers. Yet some of my noob friends who barely play have this achievement while I don't. It's kind of pissing me off.

She's a model minority, she doesn't count.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>the sound of post chat when even one survivor doesn't make it out

yes it is bugged

Probably one of the most satisfying things to do in the game

So like
Are killers even allowed to kill survivors?
Cause this looping thing kinda says otherwise?
I don't get it really. Some spots are just impossible to catch them, it's very bad design.

Damn. Would I get banned if I SAM'd it?

Now that's a fuckin hatchet toss

What spots are "impossible" to catch them on?

I don't know names and shit but the area with cars have some

possibly. is it worth it? no.

Some spots require perseverance, some spots require mind games, cutting them off, forcing them to run to a different part of the map.

Yes

Fuck/Kill/Marry: Trapper, Wraith, Hillbilly

Territorial Impervative, Monsterous Shrine, Iron Grasp and Agitation as Leatherface.
WE DANCING IN THE BASEMENT TONIGHT

>Fuck
Trapper
>Kill
Wraith
>Marry
Billy

Fuck: Trapper
Marry: Philip, seems least likely to kill me
Kill: Billy. Sorry man but you tortured farm animals and that's not ok

I wish I could do this build so fucking bad. I main LF.

Would you disconnect on loading screen with this guy?

>Fuck
Trapper
>Kill
Billy - I won't go anywhere near that deformed dick
>Marry
Wraith - Ojomo seems like a nice guy outside of snapping and then being tortured and forced to kill

No

Id let him die on the hook though

No, especially if he's not swf. No twitcher that has twitch in their name is good.

Is anyone NOT going to pick Trapper to fuck

>Fuck
Trapper. Big brute daddy would be fun in the sack.

>Kill
Billy . Assaw McGee can burn in hell

>Marry
Phillip. He's cute.

survivorbab detected

>Escape match with half charge left on item
>Lose item/addons on score screen
Is it a bug or what? I can't bring items in anymore because they just get lost every time.

Sorry bby, I play both.

>Have the perk that highlights downed bodies
>Whenever I slug I pretend not to know where they are, and I watch as they try to hide behind things as I "search" for them

Hilarious

>downed bodies
>trying to move
>not just M1ing and waiting for someone to help them

Shit tier

Trying to hide before you've filled your recovery bar is almost always full retard. I'm always angry when a teammate does that.

>Assaw
What is this meme?

Assrevving. Billy's chainsaw is pretty easy to dodge, only way to reliably get his is when he starts revving when he's already probing your rectum.

So it's survivors crying about killers playing optimally?

WHY DONT THE GAME GIVE ME BLOODY STREAMERS ANYMORE

Please don't portray Nea like that user. I'm gonna have to ask you to remove this.

Correct.

>two retards go down around the basement
>killer picks up one guy
>run in to pick up the Meg
>she just keeps shift-crawling away from the basement

Fucking retard, you'll be going to the basement anyway. It'd have taken 3 seconds to pick her up if she just recovered, I don't know why people think they can get away crawling if the killer is in the area.

I'm not sure if I understand this part about prestiging so I'm asking y'all, sorry.

When you prestige, I know that you lose all of your perks. But do the perks you unlocked for other survivors, do those go away too?

>new bloodweb system is going to make streamers rare-tier and cost 5k
Fucking frogs, goddamn.