/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>PS3
[Nov 14] OFW 4.82 released, IDPS dumping still possible, stay safe
[Nov 8] esc0rtd3w has announced that an exploit is being worked on for 4.81, with a goal for Christmas. psx-place.com/threads/official-firmware-4-81-exploit-software-downgrader-more-incoming-could-superslim-be-hacked.15389/
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution now possible wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.0.1), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>3DS
[Oct 30] Rei-Six 1.0 released. ReiNAND with b9s support and more. github.com/CrimsonMaple/Rei-Six/releases/tag/1.0
>Vita
[Oct 29] VitaShell 1.76 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: pastebin.com/raw/wRuNrxdb
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/
>Wii U
[Oct 14] VC injection tool for (S)NES, DS, N64 & Wii released gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-vc-injector-for-wiiu.486781/

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.titlekeys.gq/
a.pomfe.co/sngtit.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Found some really old DS flashcart boxes.

PS4/Switch Game Model Rips when?

I'm running out of OP images guys
post some good old /hbg/ memes

Do original Xbox games have any kind of antipiracy? I'm running a softmodded TSOP'd PAL Xbox but sometimes downloaded games FTP'd to HDD either via Qwix or via FileZilla outright refuse to run. I've tried running them via UnleashX both normal and run in NTSC mode, running them with DVD2Xbox and changed the region with Enigmah but none of that had any effect. They aren't bad dumps as I've tried 3 different downloads, including scene rls.

Hey, I'm looking to ~legally back up some games~ on my DSi. I'm currently running HiyaCFW. Anyone know of a program that would let me do this?

I'm running boot9strap and my 3DS is asking me to update my system even though it's on the latest firmware. What do I do?

Update everything using the guide in the OP

Figured out why my old DS flashcart wasn't working for me.
It doesn't support SDHC so it can only use microsd cards up to 2GB.

boot9strap is already updated at its latest though. What else do I need to update besides that?

ok, give me about five hours

If you are 100% sure everything is updated then do update the 3DS

Why is no one datamining this game? I thought that was possible with Switch games now..

lore too deep

Shit the public seed was just banned???!

>TFW stole a seed from a used 2DS from a gamestop 1 year ago and returned it the same day

i want to play this now. pls leak

My Freeshop is stuck with Culdcept revolt and I think Super Mario bros Super Star Saga. I've already updated to Freeshop 3.1x and title keys from 3ds.titlekeys.gq/

pls help.

did you order some food afterwards?

No, I didn't order any dominos. But I did put some Digiorno in the oven.

I used to use CHMM2 or something like that to install 3DS themes. It could only install up to 10 though and it was buggy as fuck. What do you cool guys use nowdays?

Anemone

thanks nerd

What are some must have games on WiiU and 3DS?

No weeb shit please.

>No weeb shit please.
cuck, go play ur Xbox One

keep on jacking it to bayonetta and naruto characters.

worked like a charm. you are a pretty cool guy

Where in the unholy fuck can I find an uncensored Bravely Second CIA? Everywhere I look all I can find are dead links, complicated patch bullshit, which are to dead links anyways, and more dead fucking links holy fuck does no one ever re-upload anything? I found a Bravely DEFAULT one easy as hell but this shit is down right elusive.

whats the difference between normal and uncesored versions?

Outfits.

Pauls fork

you can mount nand dumps with godmode9 if you have the 3ds otp now

how do you update godmode9?

I did, but I'm still stuck with Culdcept Revolt.

Are there any good emulators on the Vita yet?

I can upload a Luma layeredFS patch if you want that.

Just by replacing the GM9's .firm file with the latest one. You can find it in /luma/payloads/

I felt the urge to play some Demon's Souls again but I don't have installed on my system.
Is there a way to download games without updating to 4.82?

please do

This is for the EU game.
If you have the US game installed rename 000400000017BB00 to 000400000017BA00.

a.pomfe.co/sngtit.7z

Emulate it on PC

No

How do I use this?

Ive turned wifi and spotpass off, what do I have to do to make my 3DS asking me to update every goddamn time I turn it on.

What?

I have an original 3ds with pokemon moon and the pokebank
is there any problem if I hack it and pirate ultra moon?

No.

Why do some games show up on CIAngel, and not on Freeshop? Ultra Sun/Moon for example.

You need to block nintendo's update servers in your router. you can also delete the downloaded update files with FBI, delete everything from "pending titles" and restart your 3ds.

update you cuck. literally 0 reasons not to be on 11.6 with A9L or B9S

Probably because you're using an outdated version of freeShop / the keys. Those games you mentioned are on the app.

Literally works on my machine

no thanks fag.

Faggot.

cuck

nice samefagging queer. It's alright you got cucked by Nintendo and just want to take your frustration out on others. It ok, I get it.

I downloaded DLC from the freeshop for Theatrhythm but it isn't showing up in game. DLC for other games work just fine. What could I have possibly fucked up?

I'm sorry you are retarded and don't know how the shit you installed works.

thanks, will keep it

You're a fucking idiot.

is your 3DS region the same as the game you downloaded?

Are chaosgamez still shutting down at month's end?

What are you on about you retarded faggot? I know what I installed, and it works perfectly fine. I was just asking how to block updates so I can save 5 seconds of my time every time I restart, since I'm not a fan of clicking "cancel" every time.

My god, I'm actually surprised you've made it this far in like being such a horrible reader.

Can't remember, actually. Is there a way to check what region the game is?

there's a great way to stop the update nagging
JUST UPDATE YOU FUCKING IMBECILE

>durr i totally know how A9L/B9S works!
yeah right. you wouldn't be so scared of updating if you knew. keep pressing that cancel button you cuck.

no thanks, cuck. Why are you so hellbent on getting others to update? Calm down Nintendo rep.

off yourself retard

Cuuuuck

hopefully

HEY

BE NICE

FBI

neck yourself fag

Nvm, fixed it by uninstalling freeshop, deleting 3ds>data>freeshop, and reinstalling the damn freeshop again.

Retards deserve to be bullied.

retarded faggots deserve the bullying

Thanks. The game is not the same region, I assume that 's the problem.

In FBI, the DLC says region free. Does that mean that it checks what region the system is, or how does that work?

you installed the DLC as a cia, right?
an out of region gme may work without problems but won't load any DLC unless you use lumalocaleswitcher to emulate another region

If you have some free time, save you the trouble, delete everything (game and dlc) and download it from freeshop with the right region

How hard is it to come up with two different replies? Are you this retarded, that not only are you samefagging, but also just plain stupid?

congratulations
>samefagging
>less than 30 seconds between posts
wow you really are retarded

>A9LH and B9S both allow you to backup and recover your 3DS in case a firmware fucks it up
>you can even hack 11.6 with Magnets™
>people are still afraid of updating
no user, he deserves the bullying. The fact that he isn't on 11.6 yet means that
1)he doesn't know how the CFW he installed
works
or worse
2) he's still using Rxtool or Cakes or some other outdated shit like that.

see You really are a retard for not just updating, b9s can't be undone by nintento, your shit is there to stay.

if i order a switch right now off amazon what firmware would it come with?

any switch not bundled with Odyssey works fine

Who said anything about afraid of updating? You dipshits have no reading comprehension.

i was just gonna order one now and keep it unpackaged until homebrew and piracy actually happen for reals.
im just assuming here that the lowest firmware is going to be the best in the long term.

Thanks a ton, man. Everything's working now.

>thinks people on 11.6 got cucked by Nintendo
>h-haha im not afraid! I never said I was afraid of updating!
Don't worry user, we can read between the lines.You don't have to say you are a cuck either, we already know.

>taking an insult at face value

How thin is your skin exactly?

Not as thin as your foreskin Soyboy

here

Yeah man, it's crazy how words have meaning, huh.

Is there already a site which is aiming to list current homebrews for the Switch? I doubt there will be anything worthwhile on there already anyway, if there's anything at all, but it would be nice knowing where to look in the future.

No problem, try Shadowlord and the Bravely Default tracks

i have the edge one. it isnt THAT old

so I haven't updated my 3ds in quite a few months, and I don't want to bother with having to switch to b9s and update everything right now
can I play usum without needing to update the firmware? or is it gonna force me to update? I have a physical copy of one of them

you need to update, just get luma 7.0.5 on your SD and update your system
that's the last one supporting a9lh

main reason I'd like to avoid needing to do that is I don't have an SD card reader at the moment, and it'll take a few days before I can get one, what's the lowest firmware the game works on?