/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
But it won't. Remember that kids

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/pnPLnt1Fgague-mwsu9a9Q/
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/11/19/hybridxfb/
pastebin.com/JLMAvsib
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3749
sourceforge.net/projects/hpsx64/files/Source/
github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/pull/261
microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/26401101/#26421844
zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/vic20/games.basic/8k/Escape from Mount Drash.d64.gz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that only niggers buy Ryzen.

hey guize. is there a emulation equivalent to a tube amp? I still have my record collection and i don't get the hiss and pop when playing my marios.

vita emulator when

>watching the animated jew

>Last time I watched one of this it was nothing but incompetence and "muh crispy pixels"
So you watched the first video about the framemeister?
Man you lost a bunch of good stuff.
The first 15 minutes on the PS2 video alone is more valuable than 90% of everything people spew on the internet about the console nowadays and answer all of the common misconceptions the machine has.

>Playing console jew games

what's going on with the retron 5 and retroarch? Do the cores still get updated?

Isn't this a problem with running Mednafen under Vulkan in RA

No it was because of a bad dump.
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/image/pnPLnt1Fgague-mwsu9a9Q/

SP must pay for his crimes.

So I downloaded the latest dolphin builds, and now I get an error saying "failed to create IDXGIFactory object whenever I try to launch a game or access the graphic settings. What's with that?
I'm on W7

How's Saturn emulation? Thinking about playing Mega Man X4 on it as a I hear its the superior version.

Hybrid XFB finally merged
dolphin-emu.org/blog/2017/11/19/hybridxfb/
>tfw cubeb, single core, hybrid ubershaders, immediate XFB mode, and emulated CPU overclock
I didn't know games could even run this smooth.

pc is superior

Is it? Can't find a DL for it anywhere. Guess I'll look harder.

it was on snesorama

rip snesorama. We'll probably never see such an exotic and rare collection of software ever again

Xbox emulator when bros

When some disgruntled MS employee leaks shit.
Who knows, it might happen.

The No-Intro Famicom Disk System DAT isn't loading correctly for me in Rom Center. Is anybody else having this issue or know of a solution?
Here's the log: pastebin.com/JLMAvsib

Anyone have any success with using the steam controller with emulators? I sort of had it working for dolphin but cemu doesn't recognize it, if your response includes the words "Big picture mode" then just kill me now

How is performance going to be affected with this?

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/3749

lmao nekotekina is such a piece of shit

when the fuck is he going to get around to llvm'ing spe like he's promised to do on the roadmap for months and months

>Wanting attribution for a few changes totaling less than a sentence and mostly consisting of variable name changes
You can't fucking license or demand credit for everything.

Heh.

Oops, forgot to quote.
>Note: There's a pretty obvious anomaly on the graph that we can't exactly explain. Dolphin's Store XFB Copies to Texture and RAM combined with Immediately Present XFB results in extremely low latency in Rockband 3's test. While we've managed to reproduce the test results consistently across several machines, we actually have no idea why we're getting these results. It could be a malfunction in Rockband 3's test or maybe there is some real reason it's lower latency. We'll need to investigate this further in the future.

As is stated in the end, games use XFB for frame pacing. So despite it adding a single frame of latency over immediate output (Or old disabled), just like the old XFB methods did, it should smooth out the framerate. Removing some stutter by making frames more consistent in timing.
>Many games use the frame-out process for pacing, so, you'll very often get a smoother, more enjoyable experience by leaving Immediately Present XFB off
>Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and other latency intensive competitive titles that do not require special XFB emulation have Immediately Present XFB enabled by default for convenience.

rpcs3 is literally DS and P5 emulator

I've been replaying DC on it. It works super well, except in water.

Abandoned rpcs3 libretro core when?

Somebody else volunteered to do that iirc. Check github forks.

Is Cemu the UltraHLE of our generation?

So hpsx64 was finally updated on 2017-10-23. Has anybody compiled this new build?
sourceforge.net/projects/hpsx64/files/Source/

How do I turn free license games (C00) into full games on RPCS3?

Is there still no way to patch 3ds games without a 3ds? Want to play the Rising Ruby/Rutile Ruby romhacks with full-dex but they're not hosted anywhere.

It has a build included.

Why don't you simply grab the complete version to begin with?

psndl doesn't have the complete versions

So lootboxes seem like the way to go
I'm sure we'll get shit from the usual suspects
no one bothered with the bounty system

What did he mean by this?

Retroarch cores are now gonna be given away in lootboxes

Is this were we take an obvious joke as a truth and beat him round the head with it? Because this is /emugen/ not Kiwi farms.

Mouse support added to Beetle.

There was something interesting in that deleted comment?

>can replay area 51 with mouse aiming
Yes. Yessssssss.

Is the opening cutscene of Azure Dream unskippable every time or is Retroarch being a pile of shit again?

Either unskippable, or it might just not be reading your inputs if you have dualshock/dual analog selected if the game only supports the regular ps1 pad.

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
Make sure you also have your GPU Driver updated and then try again.

github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded
You're welcome.

>Is there still no way to patch 3ds games without a 3ds?
Looks like it, unfortunately.
I did found a .cia for Rising Ruby in an old thread at though.
archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/26401101/#26421844

>I did find
Fixed that for me.

>It's called "RPCS3".
>The PS3 was able to play Vita games
Man, why didn't I realise that earlier?

>>The PS3 was able to play Vita games
Never had one but I'm pretty sure that it can't play Vita games.
Since you have apparent reading comprehension problems, I'll have to tell you that we're talking about RPCS3 here, not a PS3.

RPCS3 can play Vita games.

Just catched /emugen/ here on Veeky Forums in my country .. and I'm wondering.. is there any more emulators with this 'Playstation Vita' theme? Not as good as Dolphin for sure.. but gimme some suggestions.

I love portable videogames .. and this theme is sort of portable ..

How do I get VIC-20 roms to work? Especially "Escape from Mount Drash".
MAME seems to only allow a pre-defined list of games and it's not on it?
VICE lets me load the rom but I never get to actually load the game. The manual says to press Shift+Run/Stop but it only goes to "Searching" forever.
Hoxs64 lets me load the rom and the Shift+Run/Stop works and gives a "Press PLAY on tape" prompt and when I press Play in the menu it actually seems to load (completely blue screen), but I waited well over 10 minutes and nothing happened.

I feel like I'm the only retard who has this problem, because googling yielded nothing more concrete than "play it on an emulator".

>It's called "RPCS3".
>I'm having a Deja Vu now.
Yeah, and Dolphin is a Wii U emulator, CEMU is a Switch emulator, and IDeaS is a 3DS emulator.

Right? The first and third had a file viewer for those consoles, and the second runs BOTW.

#emugen

open xvic.exe
drop on it Escape.d64
wait 5 seconds

Ryzen 5 1600 or Intel i5 8600k?

user, you're a godsend. I skimmed over that archived post in my frantic searching and didn't think it was what I was looking for for whatever reason.

No because some firmware related shit or idk what which makes impossible to run Vita Games. Some user explained the full situation a lot of emugens ago.

The point is that it intends to run Vita games at some point and nothing else will pop up before that happens because of that firmware related shit, which is the reason why you should simply stop being fucking retarded.

Intel unless you're willing to Just Wait tm until AMD refreshes their ryzen lineup early next year

I think you have a different game. (screenshot)
this is the game: zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/vic20/games.basic/8k/Escape from Mount Drash.d64.gz

I unpacked the file before and now I tested using the packed download and it actually goes to loading but it's already loading for 4 minutes in warp mode.

>I unpacked the file before and now I tested using the packed download and it actually goes to loading
well that seems to have been a fluke, because now it gets stuck before again

What?

Right, my mistake.
Game simply needs 16kb (or 8, didn't tested it) RAM expansion.
Settings> Vice20 settings
You can also change model to VIC21.
Run unpacked game, or you need unzip.exe in emulator directory

thanks, it works now :)

1600. ethics are more important than performance. support the better company.

Do you think it would be possible to hack a Switch eventually? It would be perfect for handheld emulation.

There you go senpai

That was thoroughly unpleasant, not to mention poorly translated. Why did I play this?

So all we have to do is bitch on Veeky Forums to get a feature added?

Yes, for few years.

So that must mean the ppsspp core is going to be updated soon

Because you thought, it'd be thoroughly pleasant with a great translation?
What did you find unpleasant about the game?

Intel if you want performance.
AMD is you want /r/amd good goy credit.

RPCS3 isn't even claiming anymore to be a PS3 emulator, no further developments on what was already figured out for homebrew, it's not just the encryption thing (which, by the way, doesn't prevent homebrew emulation yet it's not even there yet hmmm?), they completely dropped the Vita part and removed "Vita emulator" from their site, github page, forums, etc. and touched zero lines of codes since the hello world shit and some broken preliminary pkg library implementation they didn't even fix (it's cracked and known btw, no waiting for scene haxxors for that).
On reddit they're saying basically that yeah they're just a PS3 emulator now and forgot about the Vita thing entirely.

and you're still saying
>RPCS3 can play Vita games

There's more Switch emulation activity than on Vita. Basically no one is working on Vita emulation and you either keep deluding yourself "it's coming #believe" just like those Wii U Dolphin emulation tards (the situations are really similar btw, both RPCS3 and Dolphin had preliminary file system implementations for both and little else) or saying Vita's library is on PC anyways.

Just shameless.

>RPCS3 isn't even claiming anymore to be a PS3 emulator
*a Vita emulator

>RPCS3 isn't even claiming anymore to be a PS3 emulator

It's just SP being obsessed by emulators monetization as usual.

>Is there still no way to patch 3ds games without a 3ds?
What do you mean? You can decrypt contents on PC. You can extract and rebuild ROMs on PC. Why wouldn't you be able to patch on PC. You're probably not looking hard enough.

retarded faggot. kys

>and you're still saying "RPCS3 can play Vita games"
Not even once.
There's no point in repeating myself again, so have a good day user.

I searched a bit and found nothing either. The 3DS Pokémon ROM Hacks at least, need to be applied to Clean ROMs using a homebrew called Luma or something like that and the process seems to be kinda long and annoying.

this but unironically

Wow that was unoriginal. The atrocious Grammar was just a cherry on top. Are you from a third world country by any chance?

When I download a new version of PRCS3, which files do I need to transfer from the old version?

What you've found is about patching the game on-the fly.
There's a way to decrypt it completely on a PC, with 3dsconv, you'll need a boot9.bin for that.

3dsconv just converts .3ds to .cia(it decrypts the exheader to help with that), it doesn't do content decryption. The are tools to do full decryption on PC, though.

I am good at grammer, your the loser idiot.

How well does the Surface Pro handle Gamecube/Wii games?

>your

I thought it was just a joke pointing out that the Vita library is nothing but ports and trash.

Fuck the Vita. When is RPCS3 going to save PS2 emulation?

Copy all the new files and drop them on top of the old, not just the exe.

What's wrong with PS2 emulation?

>the resident tard literally can't help but respond

Can someone edit this to say, "he's adding more cores"?

No that's unfunny. Look for something better and I might bother.

>What's wrong with PS2 emulation?
Gregory did nothing wrong

>Gregory did nothing
FTFY